Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics (71060 Views)

Driver Arrested For Stealing Boss N3.5m Van & Selling It For N450k / EFCC Returns $4040 To Brazilian Lady Scammed By Yahoo Boy / "I Still Love My Scammer" - White Lady Scammed By Ekpoma Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Hoodbilonia: 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2018
its alwayz this same format for Igbos
while afonjas own wud be a fake woli wud send u a fake random nos as card pin and say sell it and use it to enter taxi to bla bla bla. if u pick d calls he wud pray for u from thr he wud throw u format then frm thr they empty your acct
fake ass scammers everywhr

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by dochenaj: 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2018
SixDividedByTwo:
this can happen to anyone, especially if you've a kind heart
It has nothing to do with a kind heart but rather a vulnerable head. No matter how well orchestrated a scam scheme might be, it will always have loopholes.
But most times we are too desperate and pseudo-optimist to see the red flags staring us in the face. Especially in this particular case, the fact that the guy had introduced you to his "mother" without even meeting you reeks of doom. Who really does that?

5 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by dochenaj: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
its alwayz this same format for Igbos
while afonjas own wud be a fake woli wud send u a fake random nos as card pin and say sell it and use it to enter taxi to bla bla bla. if u pick d calls he wud pray for u from thr he wud throw u format then frm thr they empty your acct
fake ass scammers everywhr
Did you realize that the name given is not the name of the scammer?

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Viccinati: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Foolish fool shocked
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by nextstep(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
OP, anytime the story gets longer than "please send small change make I flex", I know it's a scam.
Send money to where? So with the long list of friends and relatives they have, nobody can contribute/borrow help the poor girl? Na me u wan take chop? If I hear. angry

2 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Funkybabee(f): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2018
Some people are heartless oo
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by sarcasticdude(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2018
JI MASUN cheesy
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2018
no juju, just the desperation to get married by your Hot sis.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by dochenaj: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
Genniez:
Thanks for the info..many of us would be saying "I can't be scammed" hmm I hear u all oo it takes God's Grace not to b a victim...cos we can't b wise at all times...
While we cannot overlook the role of God's grace in our everyday lives, I refuse to believe that we need God's grace (God's special favour) in order to escape being scammed. Scammers prey on the greedy, desperate, unhonest and naive. If you fall into any of those categories you become a candidate for scamming.
I'll tell you a personal story, some years back I had gone to an FMC to buy some drugs for my my sick father. The way they operate is, you go to the costing unit and get the drugs costed, then proceed to the account unit and make payment, and go to dispensing unit to pick up the drugs. After the drugs were costed, there was this particular drug that was over #2,000. Considering, I didn't have all that money on me, I stood contemplating on my next move then a young man walks up to me, and you could see he was a staff in the pharmacy department. He looks at my prescription and sighs, and comments on how that particular drug was costly, then he asks if I had the money, I said I didn't. He strangely offers to help and requests I just give him the much I had, so he can get the drugs for me. The first thing that comes to my mind was that, he will steal drugs from the dispensary and give me. And I was not going to be party to such a shady deal, I tell him I'll return and leave.
So I decide to buy the other drugs on the prescription at a pharmacy store before returning home, only for the lady to cost the whole thing and when she handed me the paper I saw she had costed this our over #2k drug for #150, I asks her if she is sure of what she was doing, but out of doubt I move to another pharmacy and the price is consistent with the #150, only then does it dawn on me that the young man at the FMC pharmacy had tried to scam me, he inflated the price of the drug and came out to persuade me into going ahead with a shady deal, and if I was not an honest person I would have handed him the #1500 and walk away happy that I had saved me some money as a sharp guy, not knowing I had been duped.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2018
That kind ugly guy nie you encourage your dis to date ?

Meanwhile, what's my biz self..

Thanks for teaching people how not to fall for cheap scam.

It's her cross , Let her carry it.

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by CORRECTMAN788: 9:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
Desperation no gud
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by wengerman: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
let her report the case to efcc,if the culprit can't be arrested then the culprit will never use bank again because all his account will be flagged because of bvn.the culprit denied banking in this age and time will be the greatest punishment.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Tenn88: 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
dominique:

This format had been in existence for over five years naa, I don't expect anybody to fall for it anymore this day and age.
are you also a scammer? Cuz you are talking like a scammer grin
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Ishilove: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2018
But this format is almost as old as Nigeria na. Ahn ahn

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by LANDLORD72: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
She just help one jobless youth thank you madam.
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Tenn88: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2018
Slymonster:

Its the normal format to gain trust first..
one of our people spotted grin
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by soromummy(m): 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
I hv a real man that will marry your sister.
Contact me and thank God later
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by michealibegbu: 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2018
They did something similar to my sister but thank God she didn't fall into their trap.in her own case,the guy claimed to b working in shell& he lost his wife 3yrs ago& he has a little girl& an aged mother who are based in jos.his aclaimed mother began to call my sister after a while his mum call& said the little girl slipped on the ties in their bathroom and that they've taken her to the hospital.after sometimes the shell guy sent 80,000 to my sister for her to pay into the doctors account which she did,later his mother called that they needed 250000 for xtray & that my sister should not allow her sons daughter to die.my sister told her that she shld call her son.later the guy called and started begging my sister that he forgot the phone he normally use for transfering money at home& that my sister should pls help so that his daughter will not die but she refused & he took offence

3 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by ramseysnow001: 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2018
Hmm na WA ooo
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Organs(m): 9:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kooldon:
She blocked him for about 3 weeks and decided to unblock him. Messages came in shortly afterwards.
The Jazz strong over.
One of the disadvantage of Profile Pics on Social Media

Which jazz... make we hear word. Someone you never ever met, you believe all the story they tell you without collaborating it, then you send money to someone you never ever met, seen or know.... She is just a fool, no jazz anywhere.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by CyberWolf: 9:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
cheesy Sites now done dey rugged, guys no dey fit enter to get maye, now na Naija women abroad they focus on.. no be small thing oo. Street red now, everybody shine your eyes. I laugh when some people here ask if Oyibo women still fall for IGM scam from Naija boys.. The truth is if these use the format they use on white woman on Naija women both single and married, they will fall times 10. The only problem is that the percentage of getting caught is very high.

2 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2018
You mean the Igbo prince are still scamming US citizens.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
The girl is a fool raised to power hundred. The guy said he lived in the same States with her yet she didn't bother to pay him a visit or he paid her. What phone number did he text her with or they were just doing everything on Facebook?

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by deflover(m): 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2018
Girls and marriage format
Dem go drop pant so fast once u mention marriage
Forget all the I am my own boss talk grin

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by deflover(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
wengerman:
let her report the case to efcc,if the culprit can't be arrested then the culprit will never use bank again because all his account will be flagged because of bvn.the culprit denied banking in this age and time will be the greatest punishment.

Efcc doesn't handle all cases
It has to be above a certain million

Its a police case
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Genniez(f): 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
dochenaj:

While we cannot overlook the role of God's grace in our everyday lives, I refuse to believe that we need God's grace (God's special favour) in order to escape being scammed. Scammers prey on the greedy, desperate, unhonest and naive. If you fall into any of those categories you become a candidate for scamming.
I'll tell you a personal story, some years back I had gone to an FMC to buy some drugs for my my sick father. The way they operate is, you go to the costing unit and get the drugs costed, then proceed to the account unit and make payment, and go to dispensing unit to pick up the drugs. After the drugs were costed, there was this particular drug that was over #2,000. Considering, I didn't have all that money on me, I stood contemplating on my next move then a young man walks up to me, and you could see he was a staff in the pharmacy department. He looks at my prescription and sighs, and comments on how that particular drug was costly, then he asks if I had the money, I said I didn't. He strangely offers to help and requests I just give him the much I had, so he can get the drugs for me. The first thing that comes to my mind was that, he will steal drugs from the dispensary and give me. And I was not going to be party to such a shady deal, I tell him I'll return and leave.
So I decide to buy the other drugs on the prescription at a pharmacy store before returning home, only for the lady to cost the whole thing and when she handed me the paper I saw she had costed this our over #2k drug for #150, I asks her if she is sure of what she was doing, but out of doubt I move to another pharmacy and the price is consistent with the #150, only then does it dawn on me that the young man at the FMC pharmacy had tried to scam me, he inflated the price of the drug and came out to persuade me into going ahead with a shady deal, and if I was not an honest person I would have handed him the #1500 and walk away happy that I had saved me some money as a sharp guy, not knowing I had been duped.
word for thought bae...thanks as this enlightened me

2 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Slymonster(m): 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
Tenn88:
one of our people spotted grin

How the hustle dey go?
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Brownshugar69: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
If a guy comes to her physically in person to ask for that money she will not give but she gave to somebody she has not seen. Pure mugu.

2 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
vickatcch:
Samething almost happened to my sister.They met on facebook,and the guy was using a cloned foreign number to call her.

i went to visit my parent that particular day,so i over heard my sister and her freind discusing about the guy and how they plan to do the traditional marriage.
It was kind of strange because i didnt know she was dating a guy in US, grin i didnt say anything or contributed in the discusion they were having,though she wanted me to join the discussion.

I met my Mum and ask her if she was aware of any traditional marriage between my sister and an american guy,lol. Mum said yes,and i asked her if she asked my sister where they met,mum said facebook,i smiled and asked mum if my sister have met with the guy,she said No,that they only talk on phone.That the american guys mum always call her and beg her to accept them,as the guy is his only Son...

I told my Mum point blank that they are 419 people,the so called mum and the guy are working together.she should watch my sister closely because they will call her and ask her for money soon.ThankGod,Mum understood me clearly.it didnt even take up to 3days,before the guys Mum called my sister.lols that she had an accident and the little girl(one of her granddaughter) she was taking to school was rushed to the hospital and in critical condition,they need 200k to start treatment,that she couldnt reach her son in america on phone.lol,my sister started crying o,luckly my Mum was at home when the 419ers called my sis,she told mum and was rushing to go and withdraw and send the money..lol,mum just locked the door and didnt allow her go outside,Mum told her that does people are 419ers(scammers).she still did not agree o.she was still crying for the little girl that need money for emergency treatment.

Prio to the accident,they guy told my sister how fast her mum use to drive,that you will be scared to death if her mum drives you,because she drives in full speed.

I had to rush down to see my sister and explain things to her and how this guys operate,before she believed that it was a scam.
Girls need to be care with all this america facebook boyfrirnd.

frankline Obi is the guys facebook name.

Another format they use,is to promise the girl marriage.

they tell her that they will send everything they will use for the marriage ceremony from america.

When they are ready to strike,he now calls the girl and tell her that he has sent the things for the mariage,that some police men stoped the driver who was bringing does things to her and are demanding bribe befor they allow him go,that he cant do anything,he now gives the girl the driver number to call him.

When the girl now calls the driver,the driver will now tell her that the police men are demanding 150k before they allow him go.

ladies who are despirates for marriage will definately fall for this particular scam

5 Likes

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by Slickest(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
CastedDude:
A Nigerian man has taken to social media to lament after his sister based in the United States was scammed by fraudsters. It was gathered that the Nigerian lady who lives, works and studies in California was duped her a total of $1300 (over N450,000) which she sent via a first bank account in Nigeria.

Below is the story of how the Nigerian lady was duped as shared by Remi Adeoye. 

My sis said the guy sent her Facebook friend request and went on to start sending her some messages. She cautioned him and even blocked him for about three weeks. She later decided to unblock him only for him to send her a message shortly afterwards. She asked him whom he was and he introduced himself as Desmond Akunwa from Ugwashiuku in Delta State.

He claimed to be living in the same state with my sister in the United States. He told a lot stories and claimed he was single He said he was interested in my sister. He equally claimed he was working with a company in California

He later brought a woman from Naija into the picture, claiming she was his mother. The supposed mother started calling my sister very regularly and they later brought a little girl of six into the picture too. The girl according to them was a child from a relationship he had when he came to Naija and just slept with the girl and got her pregnant.That the lady died while giving birth and the small girl now lives with his mom

The were always sounding so religious and pious

The woman was already talking to my sister like her daughter in-law. Too many stories. My sister asked the guy that they meet and he accepted to visit by 10th of this month. He claimed to be building house in his village and was sending his mom money for the house He said he sent some money to his mom for procuring tiles for the house and the mom went and withdrew the money on Wednesday.

Then on Thursday early morning, the mom called my sister and was crying that armed robbers came to their house, carted away the money, shot their gate-man dead, shot the small girl and made away with her car. She said the girl was bleeding profusely and needed to be rushed to the hospital. Mean while the guy had earlier claimed to be going on a training program outside his state of residence sent him by the company where he works and that he won't be very free because of the training.

I told my sister to let me know of any move she is making with the guy so I can advise her and we had been doing it that way. I told her they might be scammers but let us see where they were headed Even when she told me of the Armed robbery incident, I quickly alerted her that it was a pure scam. That this is their usual pattern. I warned her very strongly not to send any money.

But they continued pressuring her with the issue of the little girl's life being at stake, and the guy crying to her to help him send them the money that he would refund her when he came out from the training program. She later sent them the money into a Nigerian first bank account they gave her. They were even asking her for more money but she got angry and now told me a little about the more money and I warned her strongly not to yield. And she didn't send more money.

Since then both the supposed mother and the guy have stopped calling her. The guy only sends text once in a while. 
I asked her to tell the guy to refund her the money because she has emergency. The guy agreed but subsequently stopped picking her calls.

I feel bad because I encouraged her to give the guy a chance. I said so because I really want her to get married and she has been having wrong people coming into her life for too long. But I equally warned her not to do any financial dealings with them without letting me know.

It appears as if juju was involved (although I don't so much believe in juju). She said she was very restless when they were asking for that money because of the little girl's life being at stake, that it was after she sent the money that she then realized what she did.

The guy's fbk name is Akunwa Desmond. 

We have two foreign numbers he was using, his supposed mom's Nigerian number, the first bank account number that the monies were transferred to, and the little girls photograph.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/10/nigerian-lady-based-in-us-scammed-by-fraudsters-see-how-they-did-it.html
I dont get, she was talking to a guy she never saw, awkward woman. I wont pardon such ignorance not after u told her it was a scam. Despiration bleeped her
Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by sandra50(f): 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
Thesame thing they tried doing to me 2 months ago and I posted it here for others to learn and not fall victim but some frustrated ones here started saying I slept with the guy..I did this and that as if that was the reason I made that thread.

Well it's all gone now..why would your sister send money to a man she never met?so people fall victim of this their childish way of defrauding people?even recharge card I wouldn't send.
Same story line..I told my mother about you..she wants to talk to you.. chidera my daughter wants to talk to you..she said she needs a mother.

1 Like

Re: US Based Nigerian Lady Scammed Of N450k By Fraudsters, See How They Did It. Pics by DedeNkem: 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2018
She's too naive and didn't use her common sense.
Why would anyone believe someone they've not met?

There were many red flags going off everywhere and yet she either ignored them or she's plain clueless. These were the red flags;

- when he brought his 'mother' into the picture without meet her first.

- he again brought his "child" into the picture without meeting her.

- he told her he won't be reached because he was "going for training". Unless one is going for a top secret security training, no other type of training restricts anyone from communicating with their family!

- as soon as he told her the above, requests for money started coming in. He knew the lady would ask his "mum" why she's not contact her son for the money.

Never ever send money to a stranger no matter how pitiful their story may sound! Verify before trusting! I'm saying you shouldn't help a stranger who genuinely needs help.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing OOU Student 'Oh Dollar' And Girlfriend Found Dead / Ugandan Student Who Refused To Go Home For Lockdown Dies In Boyfriend's House / Female Kidnapper Beaten And Stripped In Osun (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.