Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate (28365 Views)

Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others / Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by murphyibiam15(m): 12:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
Rexnegro:

more reason why he will lose ... south east is PDP locked down , therefore he should chose from south west to split the vote there then give senate President to south east.... besides how comes the Igbos are now interested in presidency I tot most of them are saying they don't want presidency but Biafra..
with or without PDP VP going to SW the votes will always be split there BC of non indigenes there.. rather not ceding it to SE will lead to voter apathy

I think APC should rather cede their VP ticket to SE to split the votes in SE

how do you see this?? grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by bixton(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2018
egbabiekperemo1:

Your father idiotic buhari stole 2.5bn us dollars as minister of petroleum resources and has only 150 cows 2 show for it. Atiku whom u call a thief stole d funds and created 300, 000 direct and indirect jobs. So who is a better thief? ??

Please highlight how many companies are in the employ of the 300,000 direct and indirect jobs and what's the pay grade for each category?
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Bizibi(m): 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
If it is someone from the South west,adesina will be a good pick.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by chukseric504869: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2018
after 2019,this corrupt rooted over ambitious greedy atiku will b retired politically,then his name will go into political oblivion.Tnx God for d Pdp ticket atleast u will doll enuf money for ds ur last presidential shot
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Xisnin(m): 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2018
shizzleStar:

I'm bafflled by the effontery and temerity of these creatures called yorubas in the past few days, and I ask myself few question s:

Why are yorubas suddenly interested in the PDP vice president slot- A party They so much loathe and detest

Why do They suddenly want to produce a running Mate to Atiku Abubakar? -A man they hate so much hate, call currupt and insults at the slightest opportinty

Why have yorubas suddenly fallen in love with PDP since after the primaries that they are now advising PDP on what to do if they want to Win next years elections?-yorubas now find PDP so appealing and irresistable. Interesting isn't it?

Yorubas by nature are very cunny, mischievious, greedy, selfish, treacherous and deceptive. They have this overbloated sense of self-worth and value. Isn't it unbelievable that despite the fact that no south West state is currently giverned by PDP, yet these greedy people are asking for the VP slot under PDP on a platter of gold, where is that done?

Isn't it unbelievable that the south East and south south that has provided the much needed viable opposition to this current failed govt aren't even shouting for the VP slot unlike these loquacious and Greedy yorubas? You now ask yourself, on what basis are the Yorubas asking for VP? Why exactly do the yorubas now want to reap where they did not sow?

This is a region that cannot guarantee you electoral advantage or block votes, a region that always sits on the fence and votes are shared 50:50, a region that can't give you a landslide, a region whose votes are inconsequential and can't guarantee you electoral victory

Their overbloated ego and Pride won't allow them see that the large number of voters in Lagos for example has been largly neutralised by the presence of Igbos and other tribes which constitute a substantial number of eleigible voters as opposed to states in other region where eligible voters by tribe are homogenous, so those talking about South West having more voters are grosslyy ignorant and largely unreasonable.

The worst mistake PDP and Atiku will make is to take a non-igbo as VP or from any region other that the south East. That will cast a death knell on the PDP's ambition of defeating this evil and incompetent APC govt. The south East is not short of credible, capable, competent, prolific, proven and eminently qualified candidates to fill in the VP slot of the PDP. Any thing short of an Igbo VP candidate will result not just in voters apathy and boycott, but a considerable number that will vote will vote for APC, just to ensure that the PDP self-destruct is completed.

Buhari led government is a total failure, gross misfortune and monumuntal disaster of garguantuan proportions. Only mentality deranged persons would want this inept, incompetent and incorrigible government to continue in office for another 4years

The attempt by a few misguided yorubas to hoodwink the PDP into making this grave mistake of fielding a Yoruba vice will not fly. They know it will be an easy coast for buhari and APC if PDP dare make the mistake of picking a yoruba vice . We see through your greed and deceit, gone are the days when people fall for your cheap lies and propaganda. People have become wiser now. Atiku + an Igbo VP candidate is a done deal if we are to oust the lifeless one and send him back to daura through a cow ride

A word is enough.....

So much foolishness in a single post.
You need your head examined.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Okwyjesus(m): 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to me is the best option for VP.

Meanwhile I wonder how BMC Lagos/Ibadan branch will react if bubu change Osibanjo to southeast candidate grin grin their lover PMB will change to their worst enemy grin grin just like Ambode

Bro you said it all. My fear is whether she go gree. Nigeria politics wan rubbish her hard earn reputation last time.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by seborrhic: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
hunter21:
I don't want okonjo iweala because she is a woman and fully of southeast origin I think Ike ikreremadu is best suited for the position
Please don't mention ekweremadu again,unless you are a silent Buhari supporter.
If Atiku dares nominate ekweremadu,he has lost my vote,and that of several thousands i am sure;of course not to Buhari,but to anyother candidate.
Ekweremadu has too much garbage,despite how he tries to use the ethnic card and Nigerian's disenchantment with Buhari to cover it up.Besides he has no practical electoral value,despite being the No.4 man,aside in his small senatorial zone.

1 Like

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by slivertongue: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2018
I doubt if NOI wud com bt she wud mak a great team.Obi is many thins,which d odas aint. d vp must nt b an oyes politican
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Moukandjo: 1:27pm On Oct 11, 2018
aydought:
Even though I am from South-West, I will still strongly support the idea of the running mate to Atiku coming from South East. That region has been alienated for long. Our brothers and sisters from that region should also be made to feel a sense of belonging, a beg.
Stop crying more than the bereaved with this your dry solidarity! Buhari has picked an Ibo vice like twice & it still didn't make any difference!
Why didn't the people you're speaking for vote an Ojukwu who they claim is the greatest Ibo man in history, when he contested for presidency some years back if they don't enjoy "marginalisation"?

1 Like

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Xander85: 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
Rexnegro:

more reason why he will lose ... south east is PDP locked down , therefore he should chose from south west to split the vote there then give senate President to south east.... besides how comes the Igbos are now interested in presidency I tot most of them are saying they don't want presidency but Biafra..

Hehehehe grin grin grin

Nice try! wink

Have you given them the referendum they've been asking for before asserting they want Biafra?

According to RexNegro, majority of Igbo want Biafra, hence they should leave the PDP VP position for the Yoruba abi? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Xander85: 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2018
seborrhic:

Please don't mention ekweremadu again,unless you are a silent Buhari supporter.
If Atiku dares nominate ekweremadu,he has lost my vote,and that of several thousands i am sure;of course not to Buhari,but to anyother candidate.
Ekweremadu has too much garbage,despite how he tries to use the ethnic card and Nigerian's disenchantment with Buhari to cover it up.Besides he has no practical electoral value,despite being the No.4 man,aside in his small senatorial zone.

Bros, it's 'too much baggage'! Then again, i suppose 'garbage' better captures your sentiments on the matter! wink
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Ganamustgo(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
johnpaul1101:
Whoever Emerges As The Vice Doesnt Matter, Not As Much As Replacing A Failure With A Man With High Tendency To Fail Also. Osibanjo Issa Good Man Serving As A Deputy To Our Lifeless P-man, Ipso Facto, His Goodness Is Not Felt Or Seen.
Even If Atiku Makes The Wisest South-eastern Tecnocrat/democrat His Running Mate. I Dont See How That Brings The Salvation Nigeria Craves For.
PDP has failed us,

Atiku can not be as worse as this lifeless president.

Can you please mention five achievement of Buhari since assuming office?

1 Like

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Ndolarr: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
This US stuff about Atiku tire me o! Has America declared Atiku wanted for any offence? APC should rather concentrate on the good deeds of Buhari than focusing on Atiku's inability to visit US! Abacha did not visit any western nation during his 4 year reign, yet he did some good things through PTF, notwithstanding his looting cases! Did heavens fall then? No!
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by seborrhic: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2018
Xander85:

Bros, it's 'too much baggage'! Then again, i suppose 'garbage' better captures your sentiments on the matter! wink
Tanx for trying to correct me.I deliberately used the phrase that way to imply corruption(read dirt) garbage.
That is where I have very serious issues with him.
He doesn't seem to have any other "baggage" in terms of having a fake certificate,age or marriage scandal or any other criminal allegation.
A combo of a presidential candidate with allegations of being corrupt,though unproven and a VP candidate undergoing trial for corrupt acts would set the ticket back millions of votes.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Ganamustgo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Even if he delays his VP till next year we must still vote for him over Buhari!!!!!

Yes ooooo.

Let's vote out the lifeless government in Nigeria's history.

1 Like

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Ganamustgo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
Adakintroy:
Anyone believing atiku will win is just naively optimistic.

It's this kind of optimism poor people have while they pray and hope or the optimism gamblers relly when they are betting against 100 odds plus. Blind optimism.

If a Nigeria has no functioning institution. What are you all rallying on to ensure a free election. I mean if the case of ekiti and osun has not thought you all anything what will?. What will stop Buhari from appointing his own person as inec boss. Already apc lead the charge in states controlled 26-11 I think. So they already have the upper hand In that aspect. Apc already conducted primaries have shown they are not democratic enough to make assumptions. So what other hints do Nigerians want I don't know.

Am a nigerian, But am no fool. Just a straight talker. I knew that once you get it wrong with gej, it will run away for a long time before you get it back. It's not that easy. Bad people have their ways. They will intimidate bully or kill even. How will I have to choose between atiku and buhari. That does make sense. It's the scenero of devil and deep blue sea.

Atiku is a traitor. Obasango warn that he is the kind that can plot a coup to relieve his own master of power for his own ambition. That what exactly what he did to jonathan. The same man who spent billions to get jonathan out of office for buhari, is now fighting for the presidency and yu all want to vote for him. You are blind nigerians.that is why blind can lead you I swear.

Nigerians should just go to sleep and forget this election. It's a forgone conclusion in favor of the incubent.

This is not football were anything can happen. This is politics.

Who send you all this preaching?
#atikulate2019
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by baysol: 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

http://t.guardian.ng/politics/issues-delaying-choice-of-atikus-running-mate/

Clout ko cloud ni. How Iweala epp Nigeria with her corrupt cabinet during GEJ regime.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Op80: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
hunter21:
I don't want okonjo iweala because she is a woman and fully of southeast origin I think Ike ikreremadu is best suited for the position
Just stop all these south east-south south dichotomy bullcrap. Igbo but Igbo. People like you are the problem Igbo s are facing. All you have to offer is seeing difference between you and another. Either you wisen up or you keep quiet so as to allow reasonable intelligent discerning minds to comment. Stop it now

1 Like

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Ganamustgo(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ndolarr:
This US stuff about Atiku tire me o! Has America declared Atiku wanted for any offence? APC should rather concentrate on the good deeds of Buhari than focusing on Atiku's inability to visit US! Abacha did not visit any western nation during his 4 year reign, yet he did some good things through PTF, notwithstanding his looting cases! Did heavens fall then? No!

Atiku don't need to visit the USA for him to function, what USA can do, Russia and China can do better.
I'll vote him based on the fact that he'll not be going to USA.

Who America help
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by narrowpathy(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
Kennydoc:

You're a joker! If Buhari chooses an Igbo VP, Atiku will win in the South West. Hope you remember that Buhari only won with 55% in the SW in 2015. South West votes are nearly equally shared between PDP and APC. Whoever will win the SW will win marginally.
If both PDP and APC field SE candidates as VP, Atiku will win Buhari hands down in the SE and SS. Buhari is the most detested politician in the SE at the moment.

And what if Buhari picks a SS running mate and Atiku a SE Vp. What will be the permutations?
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by egbabiekperemo1: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2018
bixton:

Please highlight how many companies are in the employ of the 300,000 direct and indirect jobs and what's the pay grade for each category?

My friend dont ask me sily quesions.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by dairo123: 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2018
ChrisMafian:
Atiku is Ipob
Ipob is Atiku

By next year, Both I, my family and all hardworking Igbos nationwide will vote Buhari

ok naw
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by sheriffman(m): 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
YOU NEED A BRAIN CHECK IF YOU BELIEVE PYO WILL BE REPLACED.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2018
Even if APC replace coordinator Osibande with a see OR SPEAK, PDP must stick with SW for VP. God is already punishing the enemies of Nigeria by putting confusion in their midst
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Kennydoc(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2018
narrowpathy:

And what if Buhari picks a SS running mate and Atiku a SE Vp. What will be the permutations?
This will give Buhari victory in the South West. In the South South, Buhari won't win but will get more votes than he would get if he picks Osinbajo again. APC politicians are largely detested across the South South.

1 Like

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to me is the best option for VP.

Meanwhile I wonder how BMC Lagos/Ibadan branch will react if bubu change Osibanjo to southeast candidate grin grin their lover PMB will change to their worst enemy grin grin just like Ambode

That will not Happen. *Even if Abba Kyari Mount pressure on him*,Buhari will rather travel to UK to go and rest than to Sack PYO.
Buhari knew his Onion very well.
APC too will not wanted to incur the wrath of Nigeria Christian who have interest in Politics
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by ohduz1988(m): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
U Sabi. The north won't vote in mass if you have an ibo deputy. Dem no just gbadun their selves.

iammo:
smiley All the best!, even the saraki tambuwal and kwankwaso supporters at the primaries have started begging, threatening and kicking hard for VP slot, anywhere bele face people.
"God forbid" atiku loses due to low PVC in Northeast and Southeast(bokoharam ravaged zone and economic migrants zone), as opposed the incumbent Northwest/Southwest (Federal might/vote buying centers) PVC numbers,
they would change tone again and start seeking another unrealistic agenda or simply start insulting and name-calling other tribes.

*If northerners could reject Bashir Tofa/Sylvester Ugoh in 93 to vote and vote Abiola/Kinigbe(Muslim/Muslim)

*Reject Buhari/Okadigbo 03 for Obasanjo/Atiku

*And reject Jonathan/Sambo for Buhari/Osinbajo

Common sense shows feasibility of such Northeast/Southeast project against Northwest/Southwest incumbency with enough federal might, however Sentiments always plays

1 Like

Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by fx45(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
hunter21:
Her first crime is being an infidel and the second is being a woman... SMH

#Islamabad
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Gbadegeshin: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2018
December is around the corner, let WHP stock your Kitchen with a payment of #1,000.
Ask me how, by chatting me up on 08033585595 for more information
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
Always get your facts right.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by aydought: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2018
Moukandjo:

Stop crying more than the bereaved with this your dry solidarity! Buhari has picked an Ibo vice like twice & it still didn't make any difference!
Why didn't the people you're speaking for vote an Ojukwu who they claim is the greatest Ibo man in history, when he contested for presidency some years back if they don't enjoy "marginalisation"?

I am not surprised at you response. It only proves that if you are on a dining table to eat with people and there is a plate of food to be enjoyed by all with 50 pieces of meat, you are the type that will greedily munch everything and even put knife to the throat of others. Pele oo.
Re: Issues Delaying Choice Of Atiku’s Running Mate by goaldynman(m): 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2018
Rexnegro:

[s]more reason why he will lose ... south east is PDP locked down , therefore he should chose from south west to split the vote there then give senate President to south east.... besides how comes the Igbos are now interested in presidency I tot most of them are saying they don't want presidency but Biafra..[/s]

Rubbish!

Even if he choose his VP from southwest, Yoruba will still vote APC and he will lose both sides because that will anger Southeast to vote for APC or boycott the election!

I know you are one of the APC agents trying to deceive Atiku to make the monumental mistake of choosing his VP from southwest! But you have failed!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAAN Declares Its Intention To Join The Nationwide Strike Declared By NLC / Reno Omokri Releases Part 7 Of Amaechi Leaked Tape / PDP's First Executive Committee Meeting After Losing The 2015 Elections (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.