Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary (18095 Views)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / How Much Was Your First Salary? / What Was The Amount Of Your First Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Nas4all(m): 7:31am On Oct 12, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Whether you work in a small private firm or a top-notch multinational, your first salary is very special. As a matter of fact, it is a sign of relief to be financially independent after depending on people for such a long time in your life.

Interestingly, the moment you receive your first credit alert when you start working is always a very special moment. It is arguably one of the best time in one’s career’s life.

So, since your first payment is this special, spending it recklessly is a taboo. This is why we have come up with the top 7 ways to spend your first salary. If you can spend your first income this way, you will feel fulfilled.

7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary

#1. Offset Your Debts

Offsetting part of your debts is one of the ways to spend your first salary. Once you receive the alert, do a proper calculation of your debts and offset everything.

Your debts in this regards include loans from friends and family and any other financial commitment you engage in. As a matter of fact, the best way to be happy in your adult life is when you offset your debts.

#2. Put A Smile On Your Parents’ Face

Your parents have been there for you since you were born. They sacrifice a lot just to make you happy and they saved from their little income to get you luxury.

As a matter of fact, they worked tirelessly to ensure that you get the best. Even though money can not repay their kind gestures towards us, putting a smile on their faces will make the difference.

When you buy them a nice gift, they will value it more than a million dollars. No matter or cheap the gift is, your parent will always take it special. So, try to put a smile on your parents face from your first salary.

#3. Appreciate Those Who Helped You

One of the best ways to spend your first salary is showing appreciation to those who helped you. Remember, somebody informed you about the vacancy, someone was there for you to prepare for the interview etc.

Therefore, once you receive your first alert, there is nothing bad in showing appreciation by buying them gifts. People who helped you most times aren’t expecting anything in return. But they will be super happy when you surprise them with gifts.

#4. Give Yourself A Special Treat

No matter how little, try to spend on yourself from the first salary you receive. There is nothing bad if you take yourself to a nice treat in a good eatery and enjoy yourself. After all, you are the person making the money, you still need to spend on yourself sometimes.

#5. Get The Things You Really Need

Getting the things you really need is also among the ways to spend your first salary. You need to look very smart at work.

Therefore, you need to buy some new clothes, shoes, belts and any other outfits and accessories that will make you presentable. These things are important in the work environment as they will help increase your self-esteem at work.

#6. Start Saving

It may interest you to know that your retirement journey begins the day you start working. Therefore, you have to develop a good saving culture starting from your first alert.

No matter how meagre your salary is, try to save an average of 20 percent from it every month. This will help you to plan your life comfortably in the future.

#7. Help The Needing

As part of the ways to spend your first salary, you can help the needing. Several people are homeless, hungry, no clothes etc. In fact, they lack basic human needs and living in real hardship.

There is nothing bad if you take a token from your salary to help the needing. Afterall givers never lack.

Source: 24hoursreporter

Cc

Very useful advice. Thanks!
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by HardMirror(m): 7:32am On Oct 12, 2018
Lizilicious:
We hear...

Some guys will still add 'play naira bet'..
hahahaha!!!! Hope u dont roll with such guys dear
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 12, 2018
filleSouriante:

Yes first fruit is really important. It's a kingdom principle for those who understands it. And for those who didn't, may God bring you to the understanding so u'd know ur not doing it for the Pastor but for yourself.

Daddy Freeze disciples biko don't tag me. I only said the truth grin
baba i won know if you giv the needy e never do... Weytin first fruit be again... Abi una don turn God to money doubler.... If you wish to thank God there are many ways to do that besides first fruit na.... I no dey criticize oh but you get ur way... i get my own way of thanking God i didnt say you are wrong or i am right.... Abeg no insult me
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by HardMirror(m): 7:35am On Oct 12, 2018
filleSouriante:

Yes first fruit is really important. It's a kingdom principle for those who understands it. And for those who didn't, may God bring you to the understanding so u'd know ur not doing it for the Pastor but for yourself.

what idiotic truth? The world richest people are not even church goers. Giving to church has nothing to do with success. Wake up
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by tolufase: 7:36am On Oct 12, 2018
Lizilicious:
We hear...

You're pretty funny! Do you play naira bet?
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by SAMBARRY: 7:36am On Oct 12, 2018
Olefi salary akoko fidobo.gbona ile asewo lo kona gbogbo first salary enibe.ra oti ati asun fun awon alasewo m
Kode shey 3 some nibe
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Kharol1234: 7:37am On Oct 12, 2018
for how much na.....d only important ones der is offsetting ur debt and buyin gift 4 ur parents.....d rest can cum after six mnths

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Mickydon49741(m): 7:39am On Oct 12, 2018
Depending how much u are paid as salary.
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by tunary(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Whether you work in a small private firm or a top-notch multinational, your first salary is very special. As a matter of fact, it is a sign of relief to be financially independent after depending on people for such a long time in your life.

Interestingly, the moment you receive your first credit alert when you start working is always a very special moment. It is arguably one of the best time in one’s career’s life.

So, since your first payment is this special, spending it recklessly is a taboo. This is why we have come up with the top 7 ways to spend your first salary. If you can spend your first income this way, you will feel fulfilled.

#1. Offset Your Debts

Offsetting part of your debts is one of the ways to spend your first salary. Once you receive the alert, do a proper calculation of your debts and offset everything.

Your debts in this regards include loans from friends and family and any other financial commitment you engage in. As a matter of fact, the best way to be happy in your adult life is when you offset your debts.

Your parents have been there for you since you were born. They sacrifice a lot just to make you happy and they saved from their little income to get you luxury.

As a matter of fact, they worked tirelessly to ensure that you get the best. Even though money can not repay their kind gestures towards us, putting a smile on their faces will make the difference.

When you buy them a nice gift, they will value it more than a million dollars. No matter or cheap the gift is, your parent will always take it special. So, try to put a smile on your parents face from your first salary.

One of the best ways to spend your first salary is showing appreciation to those who helped you. Remember, somebody informed you about the vacancy, someone was there for you to prepare for the interview etc.

Therefore, once you receive your first alert, there is nothing bad in showing appreciation by buying them gifts. People who helped you most times aren’t expecting anything in return. But they will be super happy when you surprise them with gifts.

No matter how little, try to spend on yourself from the first salary you receive. There is nothing bad if you take yourself to a nice treat in a good eatery and enjoy yourself. After all, you are the person making the money, you still need to spend on yourself sometimes.

Getting the things you really need is also among the ways to spend your first salary. You need to look very smart at work.

Therefore, you need to buy some new clothes, shoes, belts and any other outfits and accessories that will make you presentable. These things are important in the work environment as they will help increase your self-esteem at work.

#6. Start Saving

It may interest you to know that your retirement journey begins the day you start working. Therefore, you have to develop a good saving culture starting from your first alert.

No matter how meagre your salary is, try to save an average of 20 percent from it every month. This will help you to plan your life comfortably in the future.

#7. Help The Needing

As part of the ways to spend your first salary, you can help the needing. Several people are homeless, hungry, no clothes etc. In fact, they lack basic human needs and living in real hardship.

There is nothing bad if you take a token from your salary to help the needing. Afterall givers never lack.

Cc

help the needing or needy?
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 12, 2018
adeboidajo:

What of my 15k per month

Oh shocked

People shouldn't put undue pressure on themselves when earning very low salaries from N10k-40k. From the salary, transportation can take up to 30% of it.
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by tunary(m): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2018
lordpherow98:
For Nigeria wey we dey grin How much is the first salary sef Na 2million?
lmao the thing surprise me o, like say the salary na substantial amount
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by tunary(m): 7:49am On Oct 12, 2018
MrTeeo:
I was thinking the op would say pay tithe. Nigerians are now having sense
haha that's how it should be
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by 24hoursreporter: 8:06am On Oct 12, 2018
Adaowerri111:
First fruit, Tithe, Offering, OP re arrange that list immediately.

Nor be everybody believe in first fruit and tithe now! Lol
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Grupo(m): 8:09am On Oct 12, 2018
filleSouriante:

I don't pay first fruit, tithe or anything related. Yet, I have more money than all my friends that do. In fact, none of them is seeing my back currently. Can you explain that?

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by WiseStarr(m): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2018
Now ce post
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by dingbang(m): 8:20am On Oct 12, 2018
Nathdougg:
DON'T FORGET FIRST FRUIT
what has enriched pastors..
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 12, 2018
filleSouriante:

When I'm not mad
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by BetterKola: 8:27am On Oct 12, 2018
filleSouriante:

You have spoken the truth.

I have heard people spoke about first fruit offering and I must confess it is good exercise to indulge in

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Lomprico2: 8:27am On Oct 12, 2018
Nathdougg:
DON'T FORGET FIRST FRUIT

To your parents!
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by gisthabit: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2018
Correct one there 24hoursreporter

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by urahara(m): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

Mtcheeeeeew
First fruit ko last supper ni!

Lmaoo grin grin

Naiealanders ehn
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by soviete(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2018
Lizilicious:
We hear...

grin i like u my sister wink
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by soviete(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Which kain topic be this?

Nigerian bloggers and substandard articles that isn't just helpful... Pile of bullshit articles all over the Nigerian blogging sphere...

Nawa ooo...

Well, everybody na blogger...

Lmao

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Beautiful4u(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2018
Go to your church and give it to God as your first fruit because it belongs to God, if you are a Christian.
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by gido2017: 9:13am On Oct 12, 2018
true talk Bro, i concor

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by jeff1607(m): 9:31am On Oct 12, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
It depends on the salary. A 30k salary can't be enough to take care of the person first.

it is very possible but you will 've to plan

if one can't save with little income one can't do the same even if the same person earns 300k a month

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by Aplaudez(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2018
hairybigdick:
So someone that just got a job of 20k should do all these things abi
lol... how about those that are earning 12k I laugh in Spanish!
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by bdek(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2018
Nathdougg:
DON'T FORGET FIRST FRUIT

on what ground?
Re: Top 7 Ways To Spend Your First Salary by djgreenland(m): 9:46am On Oct 12, 2018
24hoursreporter:

#1. Offset Your Debts

#6. Start Saving

#7. Help The Needing

Cc

I just resumed work last week....

I pray October ends fast.

This post is for me!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwaseun Ayodeji Osowobi Named “Commonwealth Young Person Of The Year” / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. / Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.