Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) (84769 Views)

Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica / Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Evablizin(f): 7:10am On Oct 12, 2018
MetroBaba1:

Ambulance Spotted
Lol.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 7:14am On Oct 12, 2018
duduade:
Nigerian Scientists nko...

Nigerian Politicians nko
They specialize in looting and robbing the masses shocked
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 7:16am On Oct 12, 2018
Khd95:
U mean if some one ejaculate outside in this Antarctica, his cum will freez to his preeq
shocked

38 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by kalvoken(m): 7:30am On Oct 12, 2018
Almaiga:

Weting concern Buhari for this matter. It's like the name gives you an errection anytime you mentioned it.

Yes . it's not just me, even my pvc stands at the mention of Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by lereinter(m): 7:39am On Oct 12, 2018
martyns303:
@explorers I am interested in knowing the kind of anti icing and de-icing system those aircrafts that lands there uses. cos under those kind of situation, static vents and pitot tubes are going to get messed up, giving false indications to the corresponding indicators....

Not to mention fuel icing, landing gear, skidding, aqua planning. too many problems for an aircraft to land in that kind of environment. except they designed a special plane to land there.....

maybe an aircraft lands nearby and they ferry themselves there

i'm not sure the pics above is a real plane

what do i know

it seems you are an authority in the field

your expert curiorsity is appreciated

12 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:43am On Oct 12, 2018
3months without sun shining over there when we in Africa most times claim that sun is too much on us while down there ppl are seriously looking for sun.... Wot a coincidence

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2018
So una mean say even to piss too the tin will be in solid form

6 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2018
Tonymegabush1:
So una mean say even to piss too the tin will be in solid form
if try am ehhh
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Babacele: 9:13am On Oct 12, 2018
wao!
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2018
Me that can't take my bath without heating up my water,let alone go to Antarctica?Hell no!This is like a *Go And Die*mission.

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by mrMeen(m): 10:05am On Oct 12, 2018
ReneeNuttall:
Me that can't take my bath without heating up my water,let alone go to Antarctica?Hell no!This is like a *Go And Die*mission.
Sister from another mother to bath with cold water inside heat na problem.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2018
martyns303:
@explorers I am interested in knowing the kind of anti icing and de-icing system those aircrafts that lands there uses. cos under those kind of situation, static vents and pitot tubes are going to get messed up, giving false indications to the corresponding indicators....

Not to mention fuel icing, landing gear, skidding, aqua planning. too many problems for an aircraft to land in that kind of environment. except they designed a special plane to land there.....

Don't know how they do that, but there are lots of airports, landing field/strips across the frozen continent.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by martyns303(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2018
Explorers:

Don't know how they do that, but there are lots of airports, landing field/strips across the frozen continent.

This is a picture of a jet engine, which to some extent can endure harsh weather, maybe they also have a prepared area for landing cos the tires need to make a firm grip to land and bring the aircraft to a stop.

in the first picture on the first page, is a piston engine aircraft, carburetor icing is a major problem among other issues.

I am particularly interested in this because, icing has always been a major problem in aviation.

15 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Almaiga: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2018
kalvoken:

Yes . it's not just me, even my pvc stands at the mention of Buhari.

You get serious problem aswear.
You need medical attention.

5 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by dfrost: 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2018
mrMeen:
Sister from another mother to bath with cold water inside heat na problem.

We plenty here. *hands up* cheesy wink smiley

I need something to free my pores of dirt abeg. Cold water na the option if electricity, gas don finish for house. The only option na to dance and do push-ups to make me hot. cry embarassed

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by claremont(m): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2018
It's not as bad as it sounds/looks. The building they live in is heated, and their food is prepared indoors. When you live in a properly insulated and heated building, you wouldn't feel the cold outside. If he goes outside, he wears properly fitted thermal long johns and underwear. It's really not as bad as it looks.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by MrRichmond: 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
judey1992:
what if those Astronauts that visited those other planets landed on places like the Antarctica?

definitely they would generalize the earth as being cold non habitable.

just thinking aloud sha

Astronauts have never visited any other planet aside from earth.

The only celestial body ever visited by man till this day remains earth's moon.

19 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by kellyJames5(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
Hmm

Oyibo has gone far!

Check my siggy It pays...
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Burchester: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2018
Amazing
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Newboss(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2018
lereinter:

maybe an aircraft lands nearby and they ferry themselves there

i'm not sure the pics above is a real plane

what do i know

it seems you are an authority in the field

your expert curiorsity is appreciated

Planes laand there angry Not all year round tho angry
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Newboss(m): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2018
martyns303:

This is a picture of a jet engine, which to some extent can endure harsh weather, maybe they also have a prepared area for landing cos the tires need to make a firm grip to land and bring the aircraft to a stop.

in the first picture on the first page, is a piston engine aircraft, carburetor icing is a major problem among other issues.

I am particularly interested in this because, icing has always been a major problem in aviation.

Planes don't land there all year round angry There are times when temperatures get to that of a typical Canadian winter angry Those are times planes deliver supplies to them angry

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by adaksbullet: 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2018
Khd95:
U mean if some one ejaculate outside in this Antarctica, his cum will freez to his preeq
ah shocked

Afraidsion his cash me o shocked

7 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by njelrapheal: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
The moon landing was a hoax. Some say the earth is flat and that Antarctica is an ice wall extending from the extremes of the ocean which it holds to vast icy wasteland, and it encircles the known earth which is flat.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by castrol180(m): 4:46pm On Oct 13, 2018
And It is an abode to some people
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2018
What about those COOKING BEANS in Nigerian Hostels, what will be the effect...?
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by GentleMoney: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2018
duduade:
Nigerian Scientists nko...
Nigerian Politicians nko
grin
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by KosyJerry(m): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
alexistaiwo:
I definitely won't survive a quarter of an hour on this continent.

I am allergic to cold weather.
Even Common Nigeria mild cold weather is enough to keep me grounded.

YOU NEED JESUS
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by lawalosky(m): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2018
MetroBaba1:

Ambulance Spotted
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Ishilove: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
West and North Africans can't survive here. The day the weather fell to 23 degrees in Lagos several years ago I remember how people were crying of the 'terrible' cold.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Berankis: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
Almaiga:

Weting concern Buhari for this matter. It's like the name gives you an errection anytime you mentioned it.
I have not laughed like this in a while! Nice one!!
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by gamechanger1: 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
Explorers, you should be made minister for science and technology!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airline Removes Six Seats To Allow World's Tallest Woman Fly On Plane (photos) / Fully Air Conditioned Bus Stop Shelters In Dubai (Photos) / This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.