Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) (84731 Views)

Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica / Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
Khd95:
U mean if some one ejaculate outside in this Antarctica, his cum will freez to his preeq
trust me, if you whip out ur di*k to ejaculate, you will have frost bite i.e. ur di*k will freeze before semen even makes its way out, that is why those scientists cannot even expose their fingers for a few seconds.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by obynno7(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2018
judey1992:
what if those Astronauts that visited those other planets landed on places like the Antarctica?

definitely they would generalize the earth as being cold non habitable.

just thinking aloud sha
other planet was not covered by ice water like Antarctica
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by specco(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2018
duduade:
Nigerian Scientists nko...

Nigerian Politicians nko
You no go hear am from ma mouth.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by kalvoken(m): 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2018
Explorers:

Maybe foreign affairs grin

you need not just one portfolio, sir.

Minister of science and tech, information, tourism and attractions, foreign affairs, and education.

Trust me, I know you won't grow white hair with those.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 12:02am On Oct 14, 2018
Is it habitable?
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 12:12am On Oct 14, 2018
If you can add antifreeze to the fuel of the plane, why not add same to the food?
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by vivavik(f): 12:30am On Oct 14, 2018
martyns303:
@explorers I am interested in knowing the kind of anti icing and de-icing system those aircrafts that lands there uses. cos under those kind of situation, static vents and pitot tubes are going to get messed up, giving false indications to the corresponding indicators....

Not to mention fuel icing, landing gear, skidding, aqua planning. too many problems for an aircraft to land in that kind of environment. except they designed a special plane to land there.....
strange, u must have an idea about airplanes and landing, to know all these!
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by revontuli(f): 1:13am On Oct 14, 2018
olujastro:

This is funny and could be true. I've tried to tell myself so but when I try to picture standing on a smaller sphere, it doesn't make sense not to appear upside down. I can't comprehend it

But I'm very certain that the earth is spherical. Apart from geographical proofs we were taught in secondary school, I've seen NASA videos/images from space showing a spherical earth.

If you are floating in the space, there is no up andd down. The concept of up and down is arbitrary and gravity is the only thing making it real. If you are floating in a zero gravity environment, you won't know up and down. Besides how do we know north is the right side up? It's all arbitrary. Maybe antarctica is 'up' and the north pole is 'down'. It's all labels we made up to make sense of the world we are living in.

Try to step out into the space and look at planet Earth from there. Every side will be the right side then.
Even the concept of time is arbitrary, time as we know disappears at the event horizon of a black hole, as it's different at the fringes of the universe.

If you travel a bit at the speed of light, when you come back you will find everone you know dead and gone and their grandchildren too, while you are the same age as you left.

Up, down, north, south, hours, days....
All arbitrary things that will make no sense when you step out of this planet and space-time continuum. All goes out of the window. All those little things we invented to anchor our little brains in the endless vast universe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Ayatullah(m): 1:37am On Oct 14, 2018
Funjosh:
How can I buy a land on this continent

Are you loaded with IPOB genes?
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by revontuli(f): 2:08am On Oct 14, 2018
martyns303:
@explorers I am interested in knowing the kind of anti icing and de-icing system those aircrafts that lands there uses. cos under those kind of situation, static vents and pitot tubes are going to get messed up, giving false indications to the corresponding indicators....per

Not to mention fuel icing, landing gear, skiuuidding, aqua planning. too many problems for an aircraft to land in that kind of environment. except they designed a special plane to land there.....

They can fly there only during the 3 months of summer. Icing is one thing but the extreme winds are a big problem. Katabatic winds of Antarctica can be as severe as the hurricane force winds.

There are ice runways in Antarctica, they landed a Boeing 757 there first time in 2015. But like I said only in summer. Near the coast the temperature can exceed +10°C at times in summer, far inland it's about -30. So de-icing gear must be the same as Canada.

No one can fly there outside of summer though

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 14, 2018
Great post... Home of the penguins

I remember as a kid i used to believe Antartica was a pre historic civilisation lost underneath water/ ice. Then when i came across Atlantis as a child in one of my favourite books (king Solomon's mines) i became so fascinated & my belief grew stronger..
I seriously believed that shîtt for a long time & would argue with anyone with so much vigour till i knew better cheesy
But in reality there are mountains & lakes buried underneath the ice there & scientists say it used to as sunny, warm & full of green forests some millions of years ago..
All the same nice post OP

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 14, 2018
chukxie:
White scientists are very inquisitive, intelligent and daring. Respect!
by white you mean the nation or race for contrary to yourbeliefs,colored scientist are the onescreally moving us along in tjis world..people from India and actally africa seem to be making more of an inroad than caucasian scientist..go look at most hospotals and surgical rooms in the united states, very few are straight caucasian

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:39am On Oct 14, 2018
kalvoken:

Lol.... Na so bro. You won't get stressed doing what you love.

Any of the following

Tourism and Attractions

Minister of Science and Technology

Information

Trust me, I know you won't grow white hair with those.

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by judey1992(m): 5:31am On Oct 14, 2018
obynno7:
other planet was not covered by ice water like Antarctica

what if?....
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Ooduavoice: 5:39am On Oct 14, 2018
Almaiga:

Weting concern Buhari for this matter. It's like the name gives you an errection anytime you mentioned it.

common fim
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by chukxie(m): 5:50am On Oct 14, 2018
milehigh06:

by white you mean the nation or race for contrary to yourbeliefs,colored scientist are the onescreally moving us along in tjis world..people from India and actally africa seem to be making more of an inroad than caucasian scientist..go look at most hospotals and surgical rooms in the united states, very few are straight caucasian

Nobody said anything about black scientists being inferior to white ones. I'm afrocentric to the core, and I'm proud of my blackness. Chill out, folks.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Caseless: 7:50am On Oct 14, 2018
martyns303:
@explorers I am interested in knowing the kind of anti icing and de-icing system those aircrafts that lands there uses. cos under those kind of situation, static vents and pitot tubes are going to get messed up, giving false indications to the corresponding indicators....

Not to mention fuel icing, landing gear, skidding, aqua planning. too many problems for an aircraft to land in that kind of environment. except they designed a special plane to land there.....
brilliant observations.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Mike008(m): 7:55am On Oct 14, 2018
We can sell heat to this people
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by aadoiza: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2018
mexzony:

smiley Gravity.
We here in Nigeria. Our up and down if it exist on a sphere is not the same up and down as someone is US or Australia.
Except the globe-earth proposition is just a scientific abstraction, the guys on Antarctica should be upside down as opposed to those around earth north. In fact, if we are to gingerly analyse the possible postures people on individual continent would maintain, the whole ball-earth theory is gonna sound terribly farcical to independent thinkers. Unless, of course, I'm missing something.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by olujastro: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2018
revontuli:

If you are floating in the space, there is no up andd down. The concept of up and down is arbitrary and gravity is the only thing making it real. If you are floating in a zero gravity environment, you won't know up and down. Besides how do we know north is the right side up? It's all arbitrary. Maybe antarctica is 'up' and the north pole is 'down'. It's all labels we made up to make sense of the world we are living in.

Try to step out into the space and look at planet Earth from there. Every side will be the right side then
Even the concept of time is arbitrary, time as we know disappears at the event horizon of a black hole, as it's different at the fringes of the universe.

If you travel a bit at the speed of light, when you come back you will find everone you know dead and gone and their grandchildren too, while you are the same age as you left.

Up, down, north, south, hours, days....
All arbitrary things that will make no sense when you step out of this planet and space-time continuum. All goes out of the window. All those little things we invented to anchor our little brains in the endless vast universe.
This says it all. The concept of north and south are arbitrary creations of man, and gravity ensures that irrespective of geographical locations everyone is upright through the force of attraction to the centre of the earth.
I admire your intelligence. Did you study geography in a higher institution or anything that has to do with earth/universe studies?
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by njelrapheal: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
Admin401:
How come every other planet is round but earth is flat? Why would the shape of earth be different? it this was true, have found more than 1 billion planets in our galaxy, how come not even a singe one is flat or shaped like a square?

First off, I said, "some say the earth is flat."
Now there are no planets and all that u see with the telescope are supposedly stars which all rotate about the earth.
Man has not been able to leave earth as there seems to be a dome or firmament at a certain height which restricts such. Check operation fishbowl by the US.
Now they say anyone can go to the north pole which is the centre of the earth and no one has been to the south pole which is supposed to be in Antarctica. That is because Antarctica is just an ice wall encircling the earth and stretching far off.
They prove this by international flights which ordinarliy say from Chile to Sydney in Australia which is supposed to be a short distance on a globe earth is actually a far distance in reality plus there are no flights over Antarctica.
The go on to prove the flat earth by helium balloons which the send up with an attached camera , images from the camera (not cameras with fisheye lens) show a rising horizon which in a globe earth, is not meant to be as at such a height, the camera is meant to see the curve

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by njelrapheal: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2018
olujastro:

This is funny and could be true. I've tried to tell myself so but when I try to picture standing on a smaller sphere, it doesn't make sense not to appear upside down. I can't comprehend it

But I'm very certain that the earth is spherical. Apart from geographical proofs we were taught in secondary school, I've seen NASA videos/images from space showing a spherical earth.
NASA videos are all fake. How were they able to get past the Van Allen belt. You can go on YouTube to get more explanation.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by mexzony: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
olujastro:

Believe you me it's the way that gravity acts that's making you not feel it. Just as we don't feel that we and every other object are spinning along with the earth at almost same speed. grin.its hard to imagine I know. Even I still once in a while feel wired. The flat earth theory from a normal thinking level looks and feels good and makes sense but then it's totally wrong.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by njelrapheal: 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2018
mexzony:

Technically yes.but what stops them from falling down is gravity.a rotatiting object always tries to pull objects towards the center.so anywhere we are on earth we are being pulled towards the center and this pull is so strong that we can't fall off. Hope you know that we are also rotating along with the earth but we don't feel it because we are rotating at thesameor nearly same speed as the earth that's why we don't feel it.just lime when you are in a plane that is cruising at constant speed if you notice it will be like the plane is not even moving at all.only when you look outside will u notice it.see it's all about forces and it can be hard to imagine but just know this we are all standing at odd angles.
The force pusing us toward the center of the earth is coming at us at a different angle that those standing in say China.look at this pic and draw the arrow towards the center depending on where you stand.remember the circle is spining.cheers
if the international space station is supposedly out of earth and way from the gravitational pull of the earth and is supposedly floating, how come NASA has not been able to get a footage of the spinning earth. Plus the earth is spinning at say 100 miles an hour and is also rotating round the sun. I guess the earth at one point must have gone far from the ISS yet no footage of such
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by revontuli(f): 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
olujastro:

This says it all. The concept of north and south are arbitrary creations of man, and gravity ensures that irrespective of geographical locations everyone is upright through the force of attraction to the centre of the earth.
I admire your intelligence. Did you study geography in a higher institution or anything that has to do with earth/universe studies?
You are too kind!
I was interested in space, astrophysics and universe studies when I was a teenager and read a lot on those subjects. I'm a sofware engineer, my formal education has nothing to do with those subjects, just computer code.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by mexzony: 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
revontuli:

You are too kind!
I was interested in space, astrophysics and universe studies when I was a teenager and read a lot on those subjects. I'm a sofware engineer, my formal education has nothing to do with those subjects, just computer code.
I respect your explanation on this spherical earth issue that has some people confused.so many phenomena we experience here just does not support a flat earth theory.what languages do you program in by the way
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2018
judey1992:
what if those Astronauts that visited those other planets landed on places like the Antarctica?

definitely they would generalize the earth as being cold non habitable.

just thinking aloud sha

I really love the way you REASON! Hat off!!!

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by njelrapheal: 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
mexzony:

Believe you me it's the way that gravity acts that's making you not feel it. Just as we don't feel that we and every other object are spinning along with the earth at almost same speed. grin.its hard to imagine I know. Even I still once in a while feel wired. The flat earth theory from a normal thinking level looks and feels good and makes sense but then it's totally wrong.
for a mile there is supposed to be an 8 inches deep in the curve of the earth according to the globe earth theory, why then is that that wuth Powerful cameras ,one can see quite far places which are supposed to b totally below the eye level. There are proofs of this on YouTube. Lots of it.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by revontuli(f): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
njelrapheal:
for a mile there is supposed to be an 8 inches deep in the curve of the earth according to the globe earth theory, why then is that that wuth Powerful cameras ,one can see quite far places which are supposed to b totally below the eye level. There are proofs of this on YouTube. Lots of it.

That whole flat earth nonsense started as a joke to troll the internet. You must have slept through the optics lessons in high school. Sometimes you can see super far places due to the refraction of the light amplified by temperature differences, flat earth trolls are using those to brainwash the ignorant people.

That whole thing was a troll project like the flying spaghetti monster, but flying spaghetti monster usd no conspiracy element so it found no believers (not because it was any more ridiculous than the flat earth nonsense.)

Don't believe evertyting you read/watch on the internet. Rather than watching ridiculous videos, study the laws of optics and basic physics and try to understand how things work. Flat earth believers are thr laughing stock of the educated people as well as the trolls who created that nonsense.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by revontuli(f): 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
mexzony:

I respect your explanation on this spherical earth issue that has some people confused.so many phenomena we experience here just does not support a flat earth theory.what languages do you program in by the way

Python for the most part, I'm doing automation projects.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by njelrapheal: 8:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
revontuli:

That whole flat earth nonsense started as a joke to troll the internet. You must have slept through the optics lessons in high school. Sometimes you can see super far places due to the refraction of the light amplified by temperature differences, flat earth trolls are using those to brainwash the ignorant people.

That whole thing was a troll project like the flying spaghetti monster, but flying spaghetti monster usd no conspiracy element so it found no believers (not because it was any more ridiculous than the flat earth nonsense.)

Don't believe evertyting you read/watch on the internet. Rather than watching ridiculous videos, study the laws of optics and basic physics and try to understand how things work. Flat earth believers are thr laughing stock of the educated people as well as the trolls who created that nonsense.
how can refraction of light bend images totajt are well over 3000 feet below eye level.
The flat earth is nonsense?? I am just being open minded andi wish if a better explanation of events observable can b used to explain the globe earth. Take for instance, the North star which is visible from any part of earth, if it were a globe with such a curvature, someone in Australia would not be able to see it.
Also the earth is rotating and spinning but yet the north star and other constellations remain the same all year round, if it were spinning round the sun, I suppose one is supposed to witness different constellations at different times of the year.
Like I said , I am just being open minded and looking for a factual convictions not NASA Photoshopped photos of the globe earth which have been proven Time and again that they are fake photos.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) by revontuli(f): 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2018
njelrapheal:
how can refraction of light bend images totajt are well over 3000 feet below eye level.
The flat earth is nonsense?? I am just being open minded andi wish if a better explanation of events observable can b used to explain the globe earth. Take for instance, the North star which is visible from any part of earth, if it were a globe with such a curvature, someone in Australia would not be able to see it.
Also the earth is rotating and spinning but yet the north star and other constellations remain the same all year round, if it were spinning round the sun, I suppose one is supposed to witness different constellations at different times of the year.
Like I said , I am just being open minded and looking for a factual convictions not NASA Photoshopped photos of the globe earth which have been proven Time and again that they are fake photos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 'Wickedest City On Earth' & Home To The Real Pirates Of The Caribbean (Pics) / Airline Removes Six Seats To Allow World's Tallest Woman Fly On Plane (photos) / Fully Air Conditioned Bus Stop Shelters In Dubai (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.