Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

SURVIVORS (a Novel) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SURVIVORS (a Novel) (19607 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2018
EPISODE SEVENTEEN

“The deal is over, Judith.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yes!... and you’ve got to leave my house as soon as possible, in fact today!”

“Go to hell, Judas, I’m leaving right away!”

Whenever Judas needed to be confrontational, he’d transmogrify into a mental conversation and practice what to say and how to act.

Jemeh stood at the door post and let out a dry cough to bring back Judas from his mental rehearsal of imaginative conversation with Judith. He'd seen Judas that way a couple of times before.

“What are you looking at?” Judas snapped, his eyes dancing around.

“I’ve been wanting to ask, has Judith come to stay finally?”

“For what na! are we married?“She’ll soon leave.”

Jemeh looked at Judas with startled eyes, and wondered if the asshole knew already that his salary would be five times as much as his. Jemeh stood there smirking and chuckling to every other kind gesture showed by Judas.

Fatima came a bit later (about eleven at night) than usual, looking exhausted. She trudged her way upstairs and
met Jemeh snoozing at the balcony. She understood he’d been waiting for her, so, she moved closer and poked him by the side, then whispered,“Hello baby.”

“Huh! Baby?” Jemeh almost said aloud.“I must have nodded off. Fati, what kept you so long? I told you to be time conscious.”he said with heavy eyelids.

“No, you were knocked off," Fatima said, laughing.

“O yeah? Just as your awful smell is about to knock me out. Go and wash up abeg.” Jemeh smirked.

“You have started abi? Leave me alone!” Fatima forcefully pulled off Jemeh's hand from her body,“can’t you see that I have been working since six?”she flung the take-away pack in her hand at Jemeh and stamped heavily into her room.

“Thanks, Fati!, Fati!”

“mitchewww!”

The takeaway pack housed Jemeh’s fovourite for dinner: fried noodles and fried egg. Fatima had made this one specially for him, unlike the ones she made for her customers. Jemeh love the aroma and the spices in it: it'd been greenly garnished. He became a little uneasy with himself when he remembered he wasn’t going into any relationship with the 'lad'. But he’d been enjoying her company especially sometimes when being put off by Judas’s primitive attitudes.

Few minutes later, Fatima came out in her usual nighty - a baby-doll that exposed her turgid thighs. She sat, her legs astride the bench. The scent of her weavon oil was visible tonight; she smelt real good, wrapped up in the women’s fragrance.

Jemeh moved closer, “Fati, guess what?”he said.

“Just tell me. I can’t guess!”

“Alright, alright… see, I’ve been called to resume work at Merit Plc. next Monday."

“Wow!” Fatima screamed and jumped on Jemeh's body without waiting for details.

She held her arms around Jemeh’s neck as her ‘unbrad’ bosoms rested hopelessly on Jemeh's bare and hairy chest.

Jemeh felt apprehended by the multiple of sensation stimulated.

While they were both in foggy silence and still holding each other, Fatima extended her mouth to Jemeh’s numb and succulent lips and kissed him slightly. It was the kiss of emotional resurrection that made Jemeh reached her arms and pulled her closest. He tilted her head to a convenient angle and gave her a French kiss.

That was it, the very move that escalated the feelings. Fatima started creeping around Jemeh's body like a snake until her ass was right on his upper thighs with the tip of her bady-doll less an inches away from her ‘unpanted' ponny. Jemeh lost himself to the chemistry at that point, his instinct, moral and philosophies, nowhere to be found. He'd his eyes shut to the tingling in his body while sniffing in the musky fragrance of her hair and his fingers waggling about her soft spots. She let out a girly groan to the pleasure of her arousal. She could feel Something creeping underneath as she abandoned herself so much to the mercy of Jemeh’s unrest fingers.
The feelings seemed unstoppable but Fatima managed to get up all at once and tip-toed to the door post of her room so as not to alert her father, the landlord, whose room was opposite hers and looked back to Jemeh with an inviting stare.

Jemeh stood up, looking like an hypnotized dog while going to meet her. But he stopped halfway and began to rationalize whether to advance or retreat.

TBC...

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
Jemeh!!! Guy as a guy I say "GO", but as a child of God I say "GO AWAY" . Terrebul temptation na this one o.

Authorsegun, this update is great but a little correction, Boys are referred to as 'LADS' while the girls are called 'LASS'. That's it. smiley

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fazemood:
Jemeh!!! Guy as a guy I say "GO", but as a child of God I say "GO AWAY" . Terrebul temptation na this one o.

Authorsegun, this update is great but a little correction, Boys are referred to as 'LADS' while the girls are called 'LASS'. That's it. smiley

Thanks for the correction, bro. But the error is a purposeful one.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
I write from characters view...their perfections and imperfections are revealed in the dialogues, thoughts and narratives.

That is Jemeh's imperfection flaunted there. I should have had it quoted, that was the mistake. But I appreciate your keen observation, thanks!
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
authorsegun:

Thanks for the correction, bro. But the error is a purposeful one.
Mind explaining what you meant by 'purposeful one'? I don't understand it sir.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
Fazemood:

Mind explaining what you meant by 'purposeful one'? I don't understand it sir.

done already.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
Another reader can see it this way: when a writer describes a character with word(s) meant for the opposite gender, it simply shows the character in question posses some traits of the opposite gender.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2018
Thanks for the update

Jemeh, don't go and meet Fati, you'll regret your actions later bcs you ain't in a relationship with her yet.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 9:04am On Nov 18, 2018
EPISODE EIGHTEEN

Jemeh ‘d been up since half-past four. It’d be his first day at work. By now, he was almost done with dressing; he wasn’t the foppish type, yet didn’t lack Style. The light-blue button-down TM-Shirt and black pant trousers from the shopping he’d done days ago was a perfect blend for an office outfit. He flickered another nervous glance at his new wrist watch and added more speed, as he struggled with the black tie, hung around his neck in the barely light-up room.

The first time he'd much battling with a tie was on his matriculation ceremony day at the Polytechnic. And at
the end of the day, it was his father who came to his rescue. The throwback erupted remorse in his face but couldn't get him to slacken his concentration; all he wanted right now was to beat the traffic on the mainland bridge and some folks had given him the clue to a cheap escape. He wish he could get a glimpse of what his tasks at the office would be.

He kept ruminating about his task as he arranged his credentials into his file-bag and soon look ready to bounce.

He took his last glance at Judas and Freda, he knew somehow they were awake, even though they never moved nor groaned as they laid under the mosquito net while he was dressing up.

As Jemeh was inside the bus, he thought of what could have made Freda suddenly decided to move in with them in a one room apartment even though she'd a better apartment for herself; what was keeping her till date?

Coincidentally, the answer to his inner voice was telling in the quarrel between Freda and Judas back home.

“… for how long, Judas?” Freda yelled as she propped herself up on one elbow
on the bed.

“for as long as he wants to stay”, Jemeh yelled back, getting up from the bed.

“Tell me, why are you trying to be nice to him, after all this was your idea?" Freda asked aloud and got up at once and followed behind Judas. “Or is it because he now has a job? Hmmm! I said it!”

“Don’t count your chickens before the eggs have hatched, “ Judas said without looking back.

“If you want to talk to me, talk straight and face me… I don’t have time for your stupid proverbs. How am I so sure that you even love me? How am I sure you are not still dating me only because you don’t want to pay back the money you owe me?”

“Watch your over free tongue, short woman!”

“I hate you, Judas!” Freda’s eyes loomed up anger all of a sudden. She hated being reminded of her height - the height she’d inherited from her mother - an inheritance that had robbed her off her runway model dream.

“A lot of people hate me, I don’t care”, Judas chuckled.

Freda’d followed behind him to the bathroom and now they were back to the room. She took out the DVD player and was about to smash it to the ground.

“I’ve not yet married you, you are already destroying things and giving order on who stays with us or not. See, you can’t come and cause enmity between my brother and I. Freda, I think you should just go because Jemeh will stay for as long as he wanted."

“What things?” Freda asked still holding the player. “The one that I bought with my money or which? For your information, I'm tolerating you only because I’ve taken in. I ‘m pregnant – I’m carrying your child," Freda reiterated, peering into Judas face, which was looking like… ehen? Is this the first time we are hearing that? “And for your information," she continued, "I’m not going to abort it. I won’t fold my arms and let you ruin my life."

The words of Freda was a dew that damped Judas' countenance. He’d always been the one giving up in their quarrels, and this time, it was another big surrender. For the first time, Freda
was making sense to Judas. To start with, Freda was clocking twenty eight the following month, she wasn’t jobless neither shapeless, he stole a new glance at her.

“But…but why are you just informing me about the pregnancy now?”

“I don’t know!” Freda snapped.

Judas didn’t doubt her. He could almost trust her fidelity. And he didn’t forget the countless number of unprotected sex they'd had especially since she moved in about three weeks ago. He’ d also noticed the changes in Freda: spotting, frequent urination, sore boobs, fatigue, morning sickness and so on.

Even though Judas wasn't so educated, he was a good observer. He lowered himself to the sofa like a weak old man and sat with his heard buried in between his hands. He never wished to raise a family in a single room apartment and
in such environment – he wasn’t even sure he was ready for one, and if it wasn’t for his nagging mother for a grandchild, he wouldn’t be considering settling down right now.

At the end of their arguments, they’d managed to get ready for work and left in the same bus.

They worked very close to each other, while Judas was a production line supervisor, Freda worked as an accountant in a law firm close by; that was where they'd met three years ago; in their work environment.

“Hey, Mr. Jemeh! Welcome on board!” Chivera appeared just on time to calm Jemeh’s uneasiness as he looked around in the reception room, not sitting. She was looking smart as usual in a milk pantsuit, neutral closed-toe pumps, and a conservative blue blouse to match. Her make-up was unobtrusive.

“Thanks” its good to see you again,” Jemeh said admist warm smiles.

“Nice blend you’ve got there, buh…,”Chivera said stealing a gaze at Jemeh’s outline.

“Oh! Thanks once again, Miss Chivera,” Jemeh said very fast, glancing at himself.

Chivera moved closer to him and balanced his tie which was slightly askew and tapped him gently on his chest. Jemeh felt a little embarrassed. He understood her sarcasm. If only she knew he couldn’t use the mirror and how much effort he had used to put the tie that close.

“Follow me, I’ve been asked to show you to your office,”Chivera cut-in and led the way. They got to the office next to Mr. Anderson’s and stopped. The luxury of the office settings took Jemeh abake. He wanted to let out his euphoria but he could stillsuppress it.

“Here we are! Your duties lie between a Secretary and a Personal Assistant to Mr.
Anderson, the tall man, you know him,”she continued,“Your obligations are somewhat similar to mine, except for me being your superior – and also in the accounts and you’re not.” she grinned at her own whine and leaving Jemeh to himself.

Jemeh hated her guts already, but having her around was worth her sarcasm at least for now. He stood at the door post, finding it hard to convince himself that the office was really his. Dry whispers of laughs crept out of his mouth as he made a jest of himself for being scared of the kind of life that he used to imagine.

He flipped another gaze at the black giant swivel chair placed behind the desk and smiled to the chilling air conditioner with the corner of his mouth. The set of computer and printer on the marble desk gave him an assurance of the demand for Microsoft excel knowledge and maybe much more. It wouldn’t have been a problem if only he'd not read the course having to do with Microsoft excel only to pass his final exams.

His mind beeped up and he slightly raised his face to see the CCTV camera hung at the right corner of the ceiling.

“Eish! No privacy!” he murmured and sat on the chair, leaving the door partly
opened and not fully relaxed on the chair - maybe he needed someone to break it down to him again that he was in his office and wasn’t a visitor there.

He flicked the power button of the computer set and the screen beamed up. Then he began to comb the system to see what documents and applications they’d installed in it.

He also discovered an active Wifi, which made him super excited. If only he knew the manic lifestyle of the office, he wouldn’t been joyous.

Not so long, a man barged into the office. He darted a surprising gaze at Jemeh, who was totally lost in the screen in front of him and let out a dry rasping cough. Jemeh jerked and lifted his eyes to see that it was Mr. Niyi. Jemeh’s inferiority complex which had almost vanished returned immediately at the rare sight of Niyi. Sober came dancing in Jemeh's face as he saluted the huge man standing in a long and big tie worn around his short neck – It was the longest and biggest tie Jemeh’d ever seen.

“hmm, young man, I can see you made it through, eh! Congratulations! But you’d better perform to expectations as my Personal Assistant, else, I won’t hesitate to show you the way out of this company," Niyi said as he dropped something on jemeh’s desk, which turned out to be a car key and a brown parcel envelop.

What! Mr. Niyi's PA! How come na, Chivera! Jemeh almost voiced it.

But then he quickly reminisced the words of his late father : the best way to calm a furious man is to make him your teacher.

“Thank you, Sir. I’ll do my best under your supervision, Sir,”Jemeh said, looking up at the man.

“hmm! smart one!” Niyi said, letting out a devastating smile. “That’s
the key to the black camry at the subway. Take the document to merchant bank at Ikeja – the address is on the envelope. The bank manager is already aware I’m sending you. I need it done before ten o’clock this morning,” he said and walked out immediately, frowning about being left out of the final selection process of the new employees.

Jemeh took the envelope and keys and stepped out of his office in search of Chivera. He didn’t see her at the reception, it was another lady that was behind the desk.

As he moved about, the older workers gave him a blind stare. The organization would do an introduction of the newly employed over a banquet dinner party - a laid down tradition of the organization and it was also there the organization would give out appointment letters to the freshers.

Jemeh’s frenetic looks caught Chivera’s attention, when she found him roaming in one of the floors.

“Moche! You're looking horrible, what’s up?” Chivera asked, peering into Jemeh’s face.

“Is driving part of my job?”

“I said what happened?”

“Mr. Niyi gave me this car key, to run an errand.”

“And...?"

“And I don’t drive.”

“Nase!” Chivera shook her head in disapproval.

Jemeh rolled his eyes,“What’s that?"

“It’s boring you can’t move a car, you know?”

“My Dad never owned a car, neither did I.”

Jemeh was beginning to sound awful, so she dismissed him.

“Go, go… go sort yourself out with him, arrgh! See you at lunch," she said, tapping Jemeh on his left shoulder and walked away.

TBC....

note: update is now twice weekly, thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 9:06am On Nov 18, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

Jemeh, don't go and meet Fati, you'll regret your actions later bcs you ain't in a relationship with her yet.

thanks for following, dear.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
I do not know why but somehow I like this Chivera, she may sound brash and a brute but she may turn out to be a force to recon with. Nice one brother
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
thanks for following, man.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
EPISODE NINETEEN

Chivera could be quiet laconic when it comes to official dealings and she was
pretty much a manic. Jemeh was just discovering all these about her.

In Niyi’s office, Jemeh looked perplexed as he spoke, “Sir, I’m sorry, I don’t drive,”he said and dropped the key on Niyi’s desk.

“What? How did you get this job in the first place?”

“I never had the opportunity to learn driving, sir – my father never owned a car.”

“Nonsense!” Niyi snapped. “ I didn’t have a car, my father neither but I could
drive at ‘twenty.”

Niyi collected the car key from the desk.

“ You may call Uber for all I care. All I want is the errand accomplished before ten. You may leave."

Jemeh left in search of Chivera once again. He hated the fact that she was his only friend around, despite her audaciousness. He found her, and told her he wasn’t having enough cash to take him down to Ikeja as Niyi had insisted and she helped him with a petty-cash from the accounts.

Upon launch, Chivera took him to a cross-road restaurant some meters away from the office building. There they sat facing each other. Chivera’s facial was sort of Janet Jackson. Jemeh had been an admirer of the singer since he was a teen. He loved most especially, the contour in her lower jaw. He giving Chivera an obvious stare as they sat exchanging a scanty conversation. He couldn’t understand the many favours from the ‘Chocolate’ girl sitting in front of him, when in all ramifications, they were a million miles worlds apart.

Chivera thought of fried rice and chicken as an acceptable food for Jemeh and Chinese rice for herself, so she made the order through a whisper, as the waiter lowered her head.

“As i was saying, Mr. Jemeh, you’ve got to step up your lifestyle,” Chivera said, searching for Jemeh's brown iris. "Do you have an international passport?”she asked.

“No,” Jemeh replied, not looking up from the flowers on the table. He wished he could just vanish.

“This organization sponsors staffs abroad for conferences, capacity building and the likes," Chivera continued as she received her order from the middle age waiter. “you'd need a passport and some driving skills."

"Alright," Jemeh said, waggling his legs underneath the table unconsciously.

“Woops! careful, you almost spill the drinks everywhere!” Chivera shouted.

But it wasn't Jemeh’s knees that had propped the table from its balancing.

“So sorry,” Jemeh quickly said as he lifted his head from the table. He was beginning to be a mess, he'd better put up a composure, he thought and sat uprightly.

“I’m sorry, I'd to make the order for you” Chivera said, Pushing the plate of rice burdened by a roasted chicken lap to Jemeh.

“It’s alright, I can’t ask for more,” Jemeh said in a low voice; he hadn’t been his usual perky self since morning.

They finished up with eating and went back to the office building. Jemeh thanked Chivera once more as they parted to their respective offices, but if only he knew he'd just dinned with a she-devil.

By the time Jemeh got home that day, it was quarter past ten at night. He was hot and frazzled from the terrible traffic on the mainland bridge.

As he trudged his way up the stairs, he met Fatima on the staircase but couldn’t give her any attention.

Getting to his room, it was void of heartbeats. He took off his tie and flung it to nowhere. He unbuttoned his shirt and collapsed on the sofa - the cocktail party had drilled him. Although he’d made a few friends from it though and his appointment letter lay on his chest as he slept off.

Judas later got in with Freda. he picked up the letter and read through.

Life is a race; it doesn’t matters who started first, agreed Judas to his own rumination. But as much as he now wanted Jemeh to stay, he knew it won’t be long before Jemeh would get his own apartment and put Freda to quietness.

TBC...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by yomioliver(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2018
it's is slow updates that is killing this story #so-frustrated
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nice one
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
queenitee, where are you na?
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by yomioliver(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
wanted! wanted!! wanted!!! authorsegun is officially wanted for quick update
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
yomioliver:
wanted! wanted!! wanted!!! authorsegun is officially wanted for quick update
hahahaha! noted, man.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
EPISODE TWENTY

Several months had gone by, Jemeh sat out at ‘the Bull Inn'; a rich bar somewhere in Ikoyi. The bar was the coolest around, perhaps the only bar where you’re not permitted to get drunk? The high music started interfering with Jemeh’s meditations. Was the place meant for those that wanted to be thoughtful? He wasn’t really finding alleviation in the battle of whisky beside him. His head was a mess – verified by the colour of his eyes.

Shortly after, the lights and musical started flickering.

“Yes!... serves them right,” he hummed as he started walking towards the exit of the hall with the bottle of rum suspended in his armpit.

On getting to the carparks, he found Chivera sitting on the bonnet of his SUV. He threw a look of surprise at her and
sobered up a little.

“ How did you find me? “ Jemeh queried Chivera.

“Moche! Give me a map and a rule.”

“I’m not drunk, hey! Don’t give me that moche thing,”Jemeh yelled softly,
resting his hand on Chivera's shoulder.

"Your breath is fermented," Chivera shifted away "Let’s go somewhere peaceful,” she said and moved to her car.

Chivera's car took the lead and Jemeh followed behind. It was past ten at night, the usual humming of the traffic had gone. They drove to another bar and took to a table.

"...I wasn't following you. I was just on a slow ride when i saw your motor," Chivera explained.

"I've told you it's an S-U-V, not motor!"

"Outdated, eh? That SUV is a mess."

"Alright, alright! Where exactly were u coming from?" Jemeh asked.

"I was just going home from the club."

"So early? Tell me something else."

"Yeah, I forgot I'd to do some paper work before tomorrow."

"And it can't wait till tomorrow?"

"I said before tomorrow! What's eating you up, Jemeh? I'm here now, you can talk to me."

"I'm sorry, but this one isn't meant for you to solve, my supper friend."

"You're becoming secretive, Jemeh."

"It's nothing to hide, Vera, I can handle it."

"Then why do you need money so badly? Want a house?" asked Chivera.

"No, my flat is cool for now. I have a court case with my uncle. He's trying to claim my late Dad's properties".

"Moche! That's awful. But why is that?"

"It's an an African problem. How did you know i needed money?"

"Nase! I work in account, remember?"

"Yes...emm, you told me you were born in Paris, grew up in New York before coming to Nigeria. I want to ask; why Nigeria?"

"Personal," answered Chivera.

"Really?"

"I'll tell you someday, if you never cross my path."

"I can beat you hands down. C'mon let's get a try," Jemeh stood up, making a zigzag movement and punching the air.

"You're embarrassing, sit down!" Chivera said, smiling as she grabbed Jemeh by the hand and pulled him down to his seat with great force.

"Woo! Easy!" Jemeh exclaimed. "You have the bones of a granny clothed in a young flesh."

"Oh really? You're not the first to say that," said Chivera.

"I can still kick your ass," Jemeh said.

"You can't get close to it except I ask you to."

"Like I'm an intimacy gadget?"

"Hahahaha, girls rule!"

"O yeah?"

"But frankly, I was impressed how you acted like a gentle man for the short time you stayed in my house."

"I'm not a saint."

"You were seeing someone?"

"Nope."

"Then why didn't you make a move at me? Were you scared?"

"Maybe you read my mind."

"C'mon give it a shot right now, Jemeh."

"Poom! Will you be my girl?"

"Silly!" Chivera threw a light punch at Jemeh, "That's not how to woo a girl," she said, then her phone started ringing.

Seeing the caller, she walked out of sight to answer the call, after which she came back only to say goodbye, ignoring Jemeh's inquisitive questions about the caller.

"See you at work tomorrow...chao!" she said and left in her car.

TBC...

should I beg u guys for more likes n comments?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
Thanks for the update

I am following, and people will comment at their time, don't let it bother you.
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bro don't mind these ghost-readers, they do not understand the pain of writing. If they did, they'd comment or like.

Anyways, don't let that distract you. Keep Up.

Back to the story...

Chivera likes Jemeh? That would be nice. cool . Also nice is Jemeh now cruising an SUV. This job must be paying well with lots of benefit attached.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by skubido(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2018
Ann2012:
Skubido
Izaray
Purity23

Oya Come ooooo

Sist, ur boy don land ooooo

Tanks for the call..

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by izaray(f): 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
Interesting

Thanks for the update
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by dupsai(f): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2018
Interesting story, keep it up!

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 6:15am On Nov 25, 2018
EPISODE TWENTY ONE

“Grin!!!Grin!!!...Grin!!!Grin!!!..
.." the alarm clock started hooting.

Amanda twisted around the bed with groans as she buried her ears into the pillows until the clock just snoozed. In no time, the hooting came back. She dabbled her fingers around the bed lamp, grabbed the clock and muffed the sound under the pillow.

After a long weekend, Amanda would groan and moan before getting up from the bed on Monday mornings, and it was two hours later before she finally got up and sat in the middle of the bed, legs crossed. With heavy eyelids, she stifled a yawn and started looking around for her cell phone. In the process, her eyes collided with a familiar business card lying on the floor - the business card of the electrical company she’d contracted to fix her lights;
they were sending a technician by ten, her mind poked her.

“Damn! It’s almost ten!”she muttered as she looked into her iPhone, after which she made a sprint into the masters bathroom for a warm bath in the shower cubicle, definitely not in the bathtub.

In a few minutes, she dashed out of the bathroom, body and hair wrapped up in white towel.

Sitting in front of the mirror, she could see a young girly figure with an enchanting smiles. Her radiating light chocolate skin looked appealing, and her silky black hair extended beyond her shoulders, giving her a look of an African-American.

She was about to use the hair-brush when she saw revolts of water narrowing her forehead.

Out of rush, she’d bathed without the shower cap on. And now she’d to use
the hair dryer. She sighed as she took the machine and switched it on. But just before she started using it, she saw the reflection of what looked like a man walked past behind her in flashes of light through the mirror. Quickly she turned back but couldn't see anything. She became momentarily statled for a while, but not enough to stop her from what she was doing plus her doctor had told her she’d be seeing things.

Make-ups wouldn’t take much of her time; she’d been natural these days. But making her hair into French pleat all by herself would surely eat up her saved time.

If only mother was here, she groaned in silence and glanced at the framed picture place on the vanity table for a while before starting the battle with her hair.

In the end, she was transformed into an angelic figure an epitome of beauty and elegance, that stood about 5’11ft tall. She stood in front of the full length mirror and twisted around to observe the curves of her back side and adjusted her Vintage Cherry Short – Sleeved Fish Tail Trim Stretch Wrap Hip Brown Goon which was a perfect match for her animal skin stiletto heels.

Done, she rushed out to the garage, got into her convertable, flung her hand bag to the passenger seat, belted up, reversed into the street and zoomed off, trying to catch up on lost time.

√¶…dress it up with the tapping of love,
I’ll be captivated,
I’ll hang from you lips,
instead the gallows, or heartache that hang from above
And I’ll be your cry shoulder
I’ll be your love suicide
and I’ll be better when I’m older
I’ll be the greatest fan of your life…# d

Amanda was twerking behind the wheel as she listened to the piece by Edwin MC Cain, flowing out from the stereo; she moved her body easily to the rhythm as she steered the car. It became much more fun when she overtook any vehicle trying to race up with her.

She’d been living a very active lifestyle against the doctor’s advice concerning her health, and would have been charged by the police severally for over speeding, had the police in this country cared enough.

She got to her destination before she could slow down and then the zoom! zoom! of her engine announced to everyone of her arrival.

In the elevator, she met Nora – her secretary, standing in her usual nerdy glasses.

“Hi, Amanda,”Nora said.

“Hey, Nora! late as well?”

“No, I was in the third floor.”

“Girl! you been seeing Peter again? How many time he gotta knock yah gat
damn head before you realize it’s time?"

Nora blushed, “Hell no! I only went to submit a file to the MS department.”

“Oh, girl, I was just being naive. Did anyone came looking for me?”

“Non that – I’ve seen.”

Just then, the elevator door sprang open and the ladies stepped out.

The two ladies had a relationship that was beyond formal – they'd been confiding in each other ever since Amanda's arrival to Lagos from Atlanta Gorgia, about four years ago.

Amanda was disappointed when she met her office door opened; and disturbed when she met a middle-age man standing about six feets tall in her office, starting at the framed picture on her desk.

She did a quick inward rationalization: is he the man from the electrical
company? But he should’ve been held back at the reception. Or George – the man she once had an intimacy with; he was used to barging into her office even though they no longer date. No! he isn’t this tall. Then who da heck’s in ma office? Nora left my door opened! she groaned without letting out a sound.

She forced out a dry cough to alert the intruder. Jemeh turned around with a
bewildered look in his face; he gave her a continuous gaze with fainted smiles revealing his dimples. There was this soft light in Amanda face as she looked back at the man.

“Hi!” Jemeh said amidst his obvious stare.

Amanda trying to be as polite as possible, “Hello! Were you – sent by em…,”she paused, took out the business card from her hand bag and continued,“Were you
sent by Clif Electrical Services?”

“Nope – “

“Then who’re you – and how may I help you?"

“I don’t really know.”

“What! How yah get in, here?”

“Through the door?”

“You met it opened, aye?”

“yes.”

TBC...

3 Likes

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by skubido(m): 7:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Tanks for the update

HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL...

Shalom

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 8:49am On Nov 25, 2018
Well done OP
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Fazemood(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2018
What is are u cooking O.P? These two won't be a bad option for romance cool
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
EPISODE TWENTY TWO

Arrgh! Nora! Amanda yelled in her mind.

“Aye, take this money and go for a delightful breakfast.” she extended some money she’d collected from her handbag towards Jemeh. “I’ll like to use my office right now, thank you… shush! shush!" She started moving towards her desk.

“No, thanks I’ll just leave,”Jemeh said and started walking to the door.

This wasn’t the first time someone would be barging into her office as a result of Nora’s carelessness, but the difference was that, this time, the stranger didn’t ask for money; she became security continuous – the man could be dangerous, kept yelling in her thought.

“Is that your Mum?” Jemeh asked as he suddenly turned around, pointing to the framed picture standing on Amanda's desk when he got to the door post.

“yes –?"

“You look just like her...beautiful.”

“Thank you," Amanda’s face loosen up a little as she spoke from her seat and with her eyes now fixed on her laptop screen.

“Aiit Dude, time to…”she said, waggling her eyes around looking for Jemeh as she took her eyes off the computer screen.

Jemeh was gone.

“Nora! get yah ass over her!” Amanda snarled on the intercom.

Nora walked in about a minute later.

“Yes boss!”she saluted

“Not in da mood for that!" Amanda snapped, “Why did you let that Nigga into ma office when I wasn’t on seat?”

“Which Nigga?”

“Don’t act dummy, Nora?”

“I’m serious, Amy. I didn’t let any man in.”

“You mean you didn’t see da man that just walked outta here?"

“I’m honest, Sis.”

“And you honestly left my office opened, aiit?”

Nora scratched her head trying to remember if she’d actually left it opened or
not.

“Maybe I forgot, I’m sorry," said Nora.

“Yea, yah always sorry.”

“Amy, I said I’m sorry, na.”

“Apology accepted buh yah owe me ten thousand grands; I gave da man for charity,”Amanda said, holding back a chunk of laughter.

“Charity? But you know I don’t do charity especially when it’s one-on-one. Amy, I've told you times without number, this is Africa, that man could be barbaric.”

“And I’ll give credit to you, if he harms me.”

“Hopefully he won’t, but Amy, I don’t have ten thousand Naira to spare, please, Amy.”

“Don’t bother, I knew just how to get it from you, shush!”Amanda nodded Nora out of her office.

“If that man ever cross this place again eh, I’ll screw his pathetic ass...I just pray make he come back.”Nora mumbled on her way out of Amanda’s office with a crying demeanour.

Later in the evening, Amanda drove home, into the garage in her usual skillful way. Fay ran to meet her, she wasn’t wagging her white fur enriched tail in her usual playful manner. Whatever must have induced sober into this most playful and friendly Maltese dog must be very frightening, Amanda thought in her mind.

She carried Fay in her hand, but she wouldn’t stop snarling. Amanda started looking around her to see if something or someone had sneaked into the yard.

As she climbed up the duplex, through the staircase window, half way up, she saw a man on the swing in the garden – sitting head bowed. His low fade hair cut and ox-blood polo shirt triggered a memory, but she wasn't in the mood to investigate the man’s identity, and so she began to think of the man as an imposter, an intruder, a thief. And all at once she picked her phone to call the police but changed her mind to approaching the man first with a gun before calling for help.

“Hey!" Amanda called on the man. She now had a chrome finished Pistol pointed at Jemeh’s head from behind. Jemeh turned around in shock and jerked backwards at the fright of the weapon until he just fell off the swing.

“Oh, it’s you again! This time, imma offer you some bullets in yah gat damn heart and not money.”

she motioned him up to his feet with the gun, “Hands on yah head.”

Jemeh stood up and followed her instructions nonchalantly; he could still see flashes of smiles creeping out of her intending mean face; her beauty had overwhelmed Jemeh's fear.

“You have a gun?... what on earth are you doing with it?” Jemeh spoke as if he knew her before.

“Shat da Bleep up! I’m da one with da gun, and should be doing da talking." Amanda shouted and took out the safety of the gun.

“Whoo! Easy, Ma’am!”Jemeh Sobered up.

“Imma ask some one more question, you answer em well, I let you go on one leg, but you answer em wrongly, I put a hole through yah chest, rodger that? “ she yelled.

Jemeh nodded in agreement.

“Now, who sent you?" Amanda asked with a steady gaze.

“No one, I just see myself hovering around you.”

“Hovering around me? What do you want?”

“ I don’t know, I swear I don’t know!”

“Snitch! You seem to know nothing. Yah gonna say something meaningful in da police custody,”Amanda said and took out her phone with the other hand and punched some numbers on the screen. She kept a watch on Jemeh with the corner of her eyes as she spoke with the person on the other end of the phone.

“Ma’am, please just let me go. I promise not to ever come here again," Jemeh said with a low voice.

“Too late, yah going nowhere.”

TBC....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by skubido(m): 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
Hmmmmm

Tanks for the update
Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by authorsegun(m): 10:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
EPISODE TWENTY THREE

Amanda held Jemeh hostage until police siren came disturbing in the neighbourhood. The uniform men got into the yard and spread all out. The leader of the team met Amanda holding a gun in the garden.

“Madam, please lower your gun, we’re here now, everything is under control,” the Officer said with a demonstration of alertness.

Amanda concord,“That’s him, Officer,"
she said.

“Sorry, Madam, but who?”
the Officer asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Huh!” Amanda sighed,“Him!”she pointed again at Jemeh.

The Officer looked at Amanda with the thought of Amanda being a drug abuser overtaking him, then he said to her,“There’s no one here, Madam."

The argument started.

“Yah kidding me, aiit?" Amanda chuckled.

“I suggest you follow us to the station to relax your mind, as you seem not in your right frame of mind right now,” the Officer said as he moved slowly to collect the gun from Amanda.

Amanda become momentarily stunned. She looked at Jemeh with a horrifying disbelief then turned back to the Officer and shouted,“What do you mean I’m not in ma right state of mind?"

“Madam, we are professionals, we know what we are doing.”

“Yea, I'm sure you are," Amanda said, tightening up her face.

When they got to the Police Station, the D.P.O knew Amanda's personality from her I.D.

“Why am I still here, someone has got to talk to me!” Amanda shouted behind the counter.

They had ignored her for other things for about thirty minutes now. The D.P.O requested for her, when she made mention of a Lawyer.

“But madam, why did you raise a false alarm?” asked the D.P.O.

“False alarm? Da man was standing right there, but yah men just couldn’t see.”

“Okay madam, but are you on any pills?”

“Pills!” Amanda flared up, “You don’t think I’m crazy, do you?”

“I never said so, madam.”

“Then lemme go, or do I need to call ma lawyer?”

“No, not at all. You are free to go, but you will have to pay for the gas my men
burnt to get to your house,” the D.P.O said, shifting uncomfortably in his seat as he spoke.

“This is crazy! How much?" Amanda groaned.

“Twenty thousand naira Only,”said the D.P.O with an unsteady stares from his spectacles.

“Aiit, I just wanna be outta here."

She paid from her hand bag and her gun was returned to her.

“So, Madam, do you need my men to drop you home or …?”

“Of course they got to,” she said and stamped out of the office.

“Very well, the Police is your friend,” the D.P.O said out of Amanda’s hearing with a contended smile.

Later in the day, Amanda stood by the window with her face pressed against the pan. She looked gloomily to the cloudy sky, then down to the tree in the garden. She could see green leaves dropping off the blue Guarri tree against the impact of the wind, while some brownish and dry ones remained fixed to the branches. The memory of what had transpired earlier in the day was dashing in and out of her mind as she stood there, then a voice came from behind.

“I’m sorry!”

Amanda turned around in shock and saw it was Jemeh.

“How did you get in?”

“Through the door.”Jemeh answered

“Shat da f*ck up! What da heck are you?” She lamented and quickly looked at the door; it was opened. But at this point she was no longer sure of anything - not sure if she’d left it opened or not.

“Look, I wanted to tell you….” Jemeh started moving closer to her.

“Don’t even come closer, what da heck are - you? You’re so scary like hell!”Amanda butted in with a shriek.

“Alright, alright,” Jemeh moved backwards, “The thing is that, I’ve been feeling very weird in the past few days. It seems I’m invisible to everyone else but you. I feel alive only when I'm around you - the reason why I keep following you.”

“Oh my God! I’m seeing a ghost already?” Amanda cried.

“Excuse me?” Jemeh snapped, ”I’m not a ghost!”

“You are, just walk to da light.”

‘What light? Can’t see any,” Jemeh said.

Amanda herself didn't really know what light she was talking about.

Jemeh began to wonder if he was looking very terrifying. He saw the full length mirror standing in the right corner of the room and started walking to it but all of a sudden, he began to move away.

“Eish! I’m not in the mirror," Jemeh lamented, “What’s happening to me?”

Amanda calmly watched him display even though she was horrified.

“Now you know, eh? Just
walk to da light,”she repeated.

Jemeh ignored as if no one was talking and looked around for something to
grab, the flower pot was just in front of him laid upon a book shelf that had been fastened to the wall. He reached out his hand to grab it but to his bewilderment, his hand went all through the pot. He retracted his hand in fright and tried a book on the shelf, again the book was abstract to his touch. He darted his eyes nervously and made another wasted effort. Then he wearily plodded out of the room, looking down without saying a word as he walked.

Amanda wanted to feel sorry for him but she waved it. The last thing she needed right now was such a broad day light nightmare that somehow symbolized what would befall her soonest.

A deep feeling of relief submerged her as she watched Jemeh walked out of the duplex willingly.

TBC...

1 Like

Re: SURVIVORS (a Novel) by Ann2012(f): 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for the update OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Miserable Spinster / The Taboo (an exciting Romance Story) / Chimamanda Adichie: ”We Don’t Care About Trump Calling Africa A Shithole"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.