Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help (3036 Views)

Black Smoke From Exhaust. / Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 8:41am On Oct 12, 2018
Please, I need someone to fix the black smoke coming from my exhaust.
I am sure the issue is not something that will be too difficult for someone with the basic knowledge of car fuel and ignition system.
my kazeem does not have the experience to trace and resolve the issue.
I am burning more fuel and I have decided to park the car until the black smoke stopped.

Toyota camry 1996 ( Orobo )
Someone should please help a Brother
(Location- ojodu berga )

gazzuz
gazzuzz
mayor2013
ikennah
diportivo
Motorguru
honmusa
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by homeboy205: 9:08am On Oct 12, 2018
Pcv valve or worn out piston ring... you must be shorting oil as well cos that's what generate black smoke
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by diportivo: 10:28am On Oct 12, 2018
homeboy205:
Pcv valve or worn out piston ring... you must be shorting oil as well cos that's what generate black smoke

chairman!!!

Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by diportivo: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2018
Borntorule2018:
I am sure the issue is not something that will be too difficult for someone with the basic knowledge of car fuel and ignition system.
I am burning more fuel and I have decided to park the car until the black smoke stopped.

(Location- ojodu berga )

black smoke means u are burning fuel

if the car can't be scanned,a seasoned rewire has to look at it

it could be something as simple as a bad maf sensor
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2018
diportivo:

black smoke means u are burning fuel
if the car can't be scanned,a seasoned rewire has to look at it
it could be something as simple as a bad maf sensor
the rewire I have here are not competent enough......
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by nurey(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
Borntorule2018:

Then format their brain and flash competent OS version 1.0 grin

1 Like

Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by nurey(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2018
Borntorule2018:

Then format their brain and flash competent OS version 1.0 ; D
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 1:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
nurey:

Then format their brain and flash competent OS version 1.0 ; D
That will take much longer...I need a ready made rewire. I don't want a guess work...
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by nurey(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Borntorule2018:

That will take much longer...I need a ready made rewire. I don't want a guess work...
we have one guru at gbagada may be he can take up your case cc Autologic
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by nurey(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2018
Borntorule2018:

we have one guru at gbagada may be he can take up your case cc Autologic
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2018
patiently waiting......
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by emmaak2(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2018
Change your air flow meter
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by autologic: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2018
Borntorule2018:
patiently waiting......
Call 08061166316 to book appointment with Autologic
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2018
Update:
I finally gave it to a new rewiyer today in my area and he fixed it.
no more black smoke and the fuel economy light is now activated.
I will continue to monitor the progress to see if the job done will stand the test of time.
thanks to everyone and AUTOLOGIC, he responded so well when i communicated with him.

1 Like

Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by nonso84(m): 11:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
So what did the "rewire" do to fix the issue?
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by sultaan(m): 4:48am On Oct 14, 2018
scan scan scan buddy
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2018
nonso84:
So what did the "rewire" do to fix the issue?

He rearranged the vacuum lines connected to the intake manifold and instantly... The smoke was reducing until it finally stopped and the fuel economy light ( green) came back to life.
Now I feel relieved.
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by com1234: 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
Borntorule2018:

He rearranged the vacuum lines connected to the intake manifold and instantly... The smoke was reducing until it finally stopped and the fuel economy light ( green) came back to life.
Now I feel relieved.
Please can you share the pics or describe how it was done?
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by istephen(m): 4:11am On Oct 17, 2018
I would check the air and fuel filters, vacuum lines and spark plugs/wires.
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 8:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
com1234:

sharing the pix might be difficult....the vacuum lines run beyond what a camera can capture .
I will check tomorrow and will see maybe I can post a picture here.
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Borntorule2018: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
com1234:
the image..

Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by com1234: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Borntorule2018:
the image..

Ok thanks
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Tapalos: 8:16pm On May 13, 2019
I'm having the same issue currently with same Camry Orozo. I have service the injector and yet no difference. I was asked to buy a new SMOKING SENSOR with I'm planning to buy tomorrow. Now seeing yours, I wondering about the vacuum lines rearrangement. Not sure how to go about this though. Please help.
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Tapalos: 8:17pm On May 13, 2019
Borntorule2018:

(Location- ojodu berga )

gazzuz
gazzuzz
mayor2013
ikennah
diportivo
Motorguru
honmusa
Pls help bro
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Tapalos: 8:17pm On May 13, 2019
I'm having the same issue currently with same Camry Orobo . I have service the injector and yet no difference. I was asked to buy a new SMOKING SENSOR with I'm planning to buy tomorrow. Now seeing yours, I wondering about the vacuum lines rearrangement. Not sure how to go about this though. Please help.
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by autologic: 4:31am On May 14, 2019
Tapalos:
I'm having the same issue currently with same Camry Orobo . I have service the injector and yet no difference. I was asked to buy a new SMOKING SENSOR with I'm planning to buy tomorrow. Now seeing yours, I wondering about the vacuum lines rearrangement. Not sure how to go about this though. Please help.
Find techie with some level of reasoning to do a proper diagnosis test for your car and stop patronizing illiterate kazeems that labelling map sensor "smoke sensor".And even if u got the arrangement of your vacuum lines right doesn't point to the fact that the issue with the car , symptoms can be the same but root of issue might differ.
Re: Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help by Tapalos: 8:13pm On May 28, 2019
autologic:

Find techie with some level of reasoning to do a proper diagnosis test for your car and stop patronizing illiterate kazeems that labelling map sensor "smoke sensor".And even if u got the arrangement of your vacuum lines right doesn't point to the fact that the issue with the car , symptoms can be the same but root of issue might differ.
Thanks for your counsel

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Chevrolet Equinox / Which is the worst car you ever owned? / Authorisation To Cover Your Plate Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.