Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! (2500 Views)

Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? / Corrola Or Camry / Black Smoke From The Tailpipe Of Toyota Camry - Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by mine85(m): 10:36am On Jul 14, 2021
Between corolla 2000/2001 model
and
camry tiny light 2000/2001 model
Which is more economical, in terms of fuel consumption and cheap parts?

Can corolla run far distance, e.g. East to Lagos.?

I will appreciate honest experienced response! Thanks
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Omeiza100: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2021
Well when it comes to fuel economy n parts
Corolla it’s however with the recent surge in prices of vehicles particularly Toyota
Spare parts are getting costlier

1 Like

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Kokomo: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
For fuel economy and cheap parts na honda civic win am oh, but for more ruggedness corolla part are expensive though due to demand, camry if you prefer a larger ride

1 Like

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by SkengRay: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kokomo:
For fuel economy and cheap parts na honda civic win am oh, but for more ruggedness corolla part are expensive though due to demand, camry if you prefer a larger ride
well Said
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Peppermintflav: 2:18am On Jul 16, 2021
For me Corolla is clearly the most economical between the 2 rides. Camry is a more luxurious ride but comes with its wahala of timing belt that can cut 2 times in a year. Low hanging exhaust.
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by mine85(m): 5:39am On Jul 24, 2021
Peppermintflav:
For me Corolla is clearly the most economical between the 2 rides. Camry is a more luxurious ride but comes with its wahala of timing belt that can cut 2 times in a year. Low hanging exhaust.

Yea,I keep seeing that exhaust pipe too down.many are touching the ground, won't it make it to break easily?
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by mine85(m): 5:42am On Jul 24, 2021
Kokomo:

Once I mention Honda,the way people quickly say a big NO. I began to fear. They always mention suspension and costly to fix. Is the Honda Civic really Good?

On timing belt, they said if I get Belgium,it lasts more than a year and Belgium is 10k . For a beginner, which do u clearly recommend

1 Like

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Peppermintflav: 7:59am On Jul 24, 2021
My Honda CRV is 5years old I'm yet to change timing belt. I know corolla owners that have driven their cars for over 7 years without changing timing belt, but I'm yet to see a Camry owner (particularly that year u mentioned) that doesn't have a spare timing belt in his boot grin because that thing dey cut like rubber band. cheesy
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Dozieson(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2021
Peppermintflav:
My Honda CRV is 5years old I'm yet to change timing belt. I know corolla owners that have driven their cars for over 7 years without changing timing belt, but I'm yet to see a Camry owner (particularly that year u mentioned) that doesn't have a spare timing belt in his boot grin because that thing dey cut like rubber band. cheesy

I didn't change mine(Camry 2000) in 8 years of use

1 Like

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Dozieson(m): 11:01am On Jul 24, 2021
Dozieson:

I didn't change mine(Camry 2000) in 8 years of use

The most frequent thing i do is change engine oil. I bought it tokunbo and can tell you it didn't give me any particular issue before selling

2 Likes

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Peppermintflav: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
Well if op is buying toks I guess he has nothing to worry about. But if na naija used he should just go for Corolla.
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Dozieson(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
Peppermintflav:
Well if op is buying toks I guess he has nothing to worry about. But if na naija used he should just go for Corolla.

Sure corrola is better if you don't have a need for space
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by mine85(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Going for 9ja used.
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by mine85(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dozieson:

Sure corrola is better if you don't have a need for space

I am over 6 feet, will that corolla 2000 model size my legs.

Secondly, can it run effectively from east to delta, Lagos?
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Dozieson(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
mine85:

I am over 6 feet, will that corolla 2000 model size my legs.

Secondly, can it run effectively from east to delta, Lagos?

How often do you travel? Are you a family man?
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by mine85(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2021
Dozieson:

How often do you travel? Are you a family man?

A family man with currently 2 kids, don't travel like that, once awhile...

1 Like

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Dozieson(m): 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2021
mine85:

A family man with currently 2 kids, don't travel like that, once awhile...

Then corrola is okay for you

1 Like

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by larrypourl(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Peppermintflav:

I know one that hasn't changed his for once since he got the car toks. The ride is 10 years with him now.

1 Like

Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by larrypourl(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
Both cars are okay like they said above but watch out for Corolla 1998-2002 model. Inspect thoroughly because that engine is notorious for shortening oil and even with that, it's a good ride you'd enjoy.
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by yak(m): 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
mine85:

Once I mention Honda,the way people quickly say a big NO. I began to fear. They always mention suspension and costly to fix. Is the Honda Civic really Good?

On timing belt, they said if I get Belgium,it lasts more than a year and Belgium is 10k . For a beginner, which do u clearly recommend

That's the same thing they tell me about Honda but my spirit is with Honda Civic 06-09.
Let me put my house in order first before I make up my mind
Re: Corrola Or Camry, Help Advice! by Elsueno: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
Peppermintflav:

That is incorrect, I used dat particular Camry in the past. I only changed timing belt once. I had d car for almost 3 years....but to be honest, I change shocks like no tommorrow grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does your oil rank in the top ten best oil of 2018 / My Car Dealer Is A Scammer / Toyota Camry 2009 (muzzle)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.