Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) (14890 Views)

25 Things Obasanjo Said About Buhari, Osinbajo And INEC Today / Five Things Obasanjo Told Atiku / What Obasanjo Said About Atiku In 2015 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by midolian(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2018
In the lead-up to his endorsement of Atiku, SaharaReporters gathered that Obasanjo had told his close associates that Atiku was "a most disloyal human being"; however, the former President added that he would "support anything that can remove Buhari from power".

Olusegun Obasanjo, former President of Nigeria, and his second in command during his administration, Atiku AAbubakar buried the hatchet on Thursday. Who would have thought that Obasanjo would ever endorse a man he had called a number of unprintable names and even vowed never to forgive?

Here are a few nasty things Obasanjo previously said about Atiku when their relationship was sour.

GOD WILL NOT FORGIVE ME IF I SUPPORT ATIKU

Obasanjo, who is now fond of dropping God’s name in any conversation, perhaps for his newly acquired doctorate in Christian Theology, said just two months ago that God would not forgive him if he ever supports Atiku for "anything".

“How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?” Obasanjo had asked.

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.

“It is not a question of working with or not working with an individual,” he said. “If you are working for the good of Nigeria, I am working with you. If you are not working for the good of Nigeria it does not matter who you are I am not working with you.”

With the former President’s declaration of allegiance to Atiku on Thursday, can we say the octogenarian is ready for the wrath of God? Or has God spoken to him again and asked him to forgive his former second-in –command? Has God washed Atiku clean of his myriad sins with something close to hyssop and the man now divinely absolved of his misdeeds?

MY POSITION ABOUT ATIKU WILL NEVER CHANGE

The Ota farmer once said his stance on Atiku was carved in stone and there was no way he would reconsider it. The retired general claimed when it comes to political issues, he and Atiku were like day and night.

“Most of you do not understand the way I operate and I thought your own paper will understand better," he told Premium Times. "I know Atiku very well. And I have mentioned my position with Atiku. My position has not changed."

A SHAMELESS LIAR

In his book, 'MY WATCH', Olusegun Obasanjo criticised Atiku, who had earlier accused his former boss of trying to tinker with the constitution in the twilight of their administration to secure life presidency. He called his former lieutenant "a blatant and shameless liar". Obasanjo said: "Those who can be regarded as influential and who publicly accused me of allegedly manipulating a third term were Atiku Abubakar who is a blatant and shameless liar who was behind the episode of turning wholesome constitutional amendment efforts of the National Assembly to a futile exercise as a means of riding on its ashes to be a Nigerian President”.

Is not logical to say Obasanjo and Atiku share the same strain for lying, now that Baba Iyabo has now welcomed Atiku back in his political fold? Perhaps what Atiku said about him was true after all.

ATIKU IS A THIEF

In that same memoir, Obasanjo spoke about how he embarked on spiritual exercise, fasting and praying together with his chaplain, Revd (Dr.) William Okoye, for 30 days, for God to reveal his successor to him. According to him, Atiku’s name was on the list they put before God for consideration. And just in the nick of time when he almost endorsed Atiku to succeed him, his record of financial malfeasance was exposed by the EFCC. And he had no choice but to jettison the idea of Atiku’s presidency.

"Atiku Abubakar’s name was among names sent to us. Up to that time EFCC had enjoyed a close cooperation and collaboration with law enforcement agencies in the UK and the USA. I gave the green light to Nuhu for the investigation as requested by the authorities and forwarded his report to the USA. The report was uncomfortable and unsavoury about Atiku and his associates,” Obasanjo had said.

MOST DISLOYAL HUMAN BEING

In the lead-up to his endorsement of Atiku, SaharaReporters gathered that Obasanjo had told his close associates that Atiku was "a most disloyal human being"; however, the former President added that he would "support anything that can remove Buhari from power".

The 2019 presidential election will soon be here, then we'd see if this endorsement would have contributed to Buhari's ouster from power.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/13/most-disloyal-human-being-and-other-bad-things-obasanjo-previously-said-about-atiku

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by madridguy(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2018
grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by rock003: 9:29am On Oct 13, 2018
Should we start reminding you of the bad things that el-rufai and Tinubu had said about buhari in the past?

These empty BMC zombies keep on looking for an angle to salvage buhari's badly image

Buhari didn't want alliance with Tinubu
https://punchng.com/buhari-didnt-want-alliance-with-tinubu-in-2013-galadima/

Tinubu called buhari a blackmailer

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/04/17/you%E2%80%99re-a-blackmailer-tinubu-blasts-buhari/

You are too old for power- El rufai to buhari

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/el-rufai-to-buhari-you-are-too-old-for-power-archived.104397/

Things El-rufai said about buhari

https://www.naija.ng/1094253-the-governor-el-rufai-buhari-2010-omokri.html

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by ATEAMS: 9:31am On Oct 13, 2018
Buhari and obj have both taste full presidential powers and have their say....
let their performance speck for them....
as for atiku... I do say the only thing constant is changes
he seems more Active
he also have learned from the both obj n bubu mistakes in the past n present

7 Likes

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Drakkernoir: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2018
I really don't understand the thinking of Nigerians.

A man that has been cursed from here to the moon suddenly becomes a saint?

A man that has no loyalty to any party, but decamps at the slightest opportunity when things aren't working in his favor is now the chosen one?

A man that has been declared fantastically corrupt by every politician past and present is now a saint?

He was VP for 8 years for crying out loud, fell out with his immediate boss...was ridiculed for buying everybody with his deep pockets, the same scenario is playing out and people are rejoicing.

Are we really ready?

The major bane in this country is the amount that has been stolen from the masses from past leaders..

One man comes and blocks all avenues, collects oil blocks from previously corrupt people.

Stops the federal government payment of staff for a previous presidents private institutions and u all think they won't rally to chase him out?

The only problem these past leaders have with buhari is fear of the unknown...he is rigid and determined. He has blocked their various sources of stealing public funds and the masses are rejoicing that they want to put someone that will open the coffers back

Nigerians need to wake up

The amount of money stolen by these people will buy some African countries...

If we make the wrong choice in 2019, mark my words, Nigeria will be sold.

Fela said it all.... We suffer and smile

What a pity.

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Kingosytex(m): 9:46am On Oct 13, 2018
buhari's supporters think that they have the monopoly of being sentimental and biased. they defend buhari's clueless, greed, corruption, bigotry, fanaticism, killings

i am atikulated, no amount of propaganda can change dat. even if you tell me that atiku stole all the money in world bank, i will still vote him. he is an employer of thousands of people, but what can be said of doomhari?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by midolian(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2018
rock003:
Should we start reminding you of the bad things that el-rufai and Tinubu had said about buhari in the past?

These empty BMC zombies keep on looking for an angle to salvage buhari's badly image

Buhari didn't want alliance with Tinubu
https://punchng.com/buhari-didnt-want-alliance-with-tinubu-in-2013-galadima/

Tinubu called buhari a blackmailer

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/04/17/you%E2%80%99re-a-blackmailer-tinubu-blasts-buhari/

You are too old for power- El rufai to buhari

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/el-rufai-to-buhari-you-are-too-old-for-power-archived.104397/

Things El-rufai said about buhari

https://www.naija.ng/1094253-the-governor-el-rufai-buhari-2010-omokri.html
show me where Buhari was called a thief by any of these people

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Pekele007: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2018
midolian:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/13/most-disloyal-human-being-and-other-bad-things-obasanjo-previously-said-about-atiku

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Cry more for us boy grin

Atiku till 2097

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by rock003: 12:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
midolian:
show me where Buhari was called a thief by any of these people

Last time I checked, your title isn't about "thief-calling"; it is about bad things said about atiku and bad things can be in any form.

And if you doubt buhari's stealing, the image below can juggle your memory.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Chevronstaff: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
In politics no permanent friends, no permanent enemies but permanent interests.
Now that Atiku has picked Peter Obi, Buhari should start dualizing the road to Daura

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Samantha23(f): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
in politics, there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by sexiestharam(f): 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2018
Ok

5 Likes

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Jahwinaboy(m): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
Barely 24 hours after former Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, emerged as the Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 polls, a clique in Igbo land led by Governor Dave Umahi and Chief Chris Uba has started mounting pressure on the party’s Presidential Candidate, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to drop him.

Impeccable sources close to the Atiku/Peter campaign network said that Umahi, Chairman of the South-East Governors Forum and who is well known for his closeness to President Muhammadu Buhari, is alleging that Atiku did not consult them before settling for Obi as his choice. This is despite the fact that the choice of Obi has elicited widespread acceptance across the country.

“As part of the rejection, Gov. Umahi with a few others working behind the scene, has called the meetings of Igbos in Enugu today to formally reject Mr. Peter Obi as the Vice Presidential candidate,” one of the sources said.

For Chris Uba, another PDP chieftain, his opposition to Obi is believed to be informed by economic considerations, as Obi had running battles with him during his days as Governor for refusing to continue illegal payments made to him as the then political godfather of the state.

Meanwhile, the Yorubas have expressed readiness to take the Vice Presidential slot with or without consultations. A Lagos-based lawyer, Barr. Wale Agosu, captured the thinking of the Yorubas when he wrote on Facebook:

“I have never seen a more terrible, wicked and brainless people. Imagine, after all the pressure that HE. Abubakar Atiku should choose his running mate from the West, he still went for an Igbo man. Did you notice that since the emergence of Mr. Peter Obi, Nigerians are united in commending the choice because of its quality? I think from what my friends from Anambra State tells me, Obi is an epitome of good governance and Nigerians rejoice because they see in him a man whose expertise will be of great value to the re-building of our over bastardised country.

“Instead of embracing their own and working with him, some Igbo people are saying they were not consulted. What a people! Is this how they are going to achieve Igbo Presidency?

“The stand of these people means in clear terms that they are rejecting the offer.

“We Yorubas are therefore begging HE Abubakar Atiku to come and pick one of us. We do not even need consultations; just pick one of us because there is no time to waste.

“Let me ask again: Is this how this people will achieve Igbo presidency?”

On his part, another Yoruba lawyer, Barr. Sona Sat, perhaps exasperated by the bickering among the Igbo political elite, wrote in his own Facebook post: “Igbos do not know when to close ranks. I heard Ike Ekweremadu and others have vowed that Atiku must drop Mr. Peter Obi as his running mate. When Osinbajo was nominated, did we hear such in-fighting among the Yorubas? Please come and reason with me!”

1 Like

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by jerryunit48: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
You guys should try harder I am already Aticulated

6 Likes

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Sholaco: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
That was in the past angry.....and if God can forgive sins then who r we human beings not to also forgive grin

1 Like

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Gudiza(m): 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2018
All I'll say is everything went to reset the moment dullard-inho took stage. smiley

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by fourtnee(m): 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
Well all i can say is

'The mistakes of yesterday doesn't determine today, but what you do today determines your tomorrow'

A man is not judged by his fails but rather how he tends to make amends and make himself better.
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by desmondude(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
Is obj God? Any man can forgive anytime unless that person is devil itself . People can say whatever they like and make uturn tomorrow
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by updatechange(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
Ok next
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by Butterflyleo: 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2018
Sholaco:
That was in the past angry.....and if God can forgive sins then who r we human beings not to also forgive grin

Did he ask God for forgiveness or OBJ? When did OBJ become God?

For him to even beg for forgiveness shows he has declared himself guilty.

Atiku is a fraud.

3 Likes

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by tesppidd: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
oshe11:
If Atiku likes, let his name be disloyal, we must ATIKULATE grin

Even if he say he nor wan contest we go Kidnap and Force am.....

ATIKULATION ISSA MOVEMENT

ATIKULATING ISSA GOAL
Even if 30 million of you vote for Atiku
We shall write the results and announce Buhari as winner.
Then we wait for you in court.

Nonsense!
Nobody has got the monopoly of making stupiid comments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by MARKETfund: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
As it is I think OBJ's endorsement of Atiku is more of out of patriotism than it is about an individual.

Every conscientious human being who have seen and witnessed how human condition have sunken under this government and refused to put aside his personal differences is not worthy of being called human.

@OP I think OBJ is simply being human in this austere times in which we live.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by TheVerdict: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
midolian:

Even God forgives.
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by oshe11: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
If Atiku likes, let his name be disloyal, we must ATIKULATE grin

Even if he say he nor wan contest we go Kidnap and Force am.....

ATIKULATION ISSA MOVEMENT

ATIKULATING ISSA GOAL
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by goldenceo1: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
The collaboration between OBJ and Atiku is giving BMC some run for their 30k.

Allow OBJ support Atiku in peace. Anything but Buhari is a welcome collaboration
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by jumpandpas(m): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
Re: The Bad Things Obasanjo Said About Atiku (Throwback) by LordCenturion(m): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2018
But if PDP eventually win, Atiku is gonna be the greatest mistakes that Nigeria will ever made,am from South West, but GEJ still remain one of the coolest president that want good things and bright future for Nigeria like late Umar musa Yar'Adua,but GEJ was surrounded by bad people and he was too weak to cast them away, every leaders have different characters,obasanjo was very brave and strong to deal with bad people around him, but GEJ doesn't have that courage,what obj lack is he was self centered,he means no good for Nigeria but only his pocket,....Atiku has his weaknesses,but his weakness is going to be what we saw in abacha regime,where he wanted to loot Nigeria dry,I see Atiku in this position,but because of hatred that igbo has for other regions, and their desperate for power , they are blindly following him ...

But, to say the fact, Atiku is better than OBJ himself, but buhari is more preferable than Atiku,buhari hasn't mature enough on the power,he spent almost 2 years on hospital bed,but he may deliver in second term,buhari mean good for Nigeria as well but he lank idea of how to go about it because he's an illiterate. , how i wish Nigeria can pick neutral young people like sowore and Co, including obi ezekwesili and chase out both APC and PDP, they are all the same of feathers...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is What Nigerians That Want To Leave South Africa Go Through / Orji Kalu Reacts To Appeal Court Ruling / Uzodinma: Fast Till God Answers Prayers, If You Refuse To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.