Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Dead Trap - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dead Trap (18954 Views)

Don't Fall Into The Trap Of Okadabooks! / Caught In His Own Trap / Caught In Their Own Trap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Trap by do4luv14(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2018
Hmmmm silver1996 dom star again ooo, nah wen action wan start naim be Tbc abi,
ok oooo
Re: Dead Trap by Mrintegrity247: 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2018
Tell d world silver is my man!
Re: Dead Trap by queenitee(f): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2018
Brad, leave our princess alone
Re: Dead Trap by sly12345: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2018
Brad wan take action
Re: Dead Trap by Risingstar2020(f): 12:04am On Nov 08, 2018
grin
queenitee:
Re: Dead Trap by Ann2012(f): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2018
Thanks for the update OP
Re: Dead Trap by anyimpro(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2018
nice one. keep it up
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2018
skubido:
Hmmmmmm

I sight u bro
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 8:22am On Nov 08, 2018
izaray:
Thanks for the update

U welcome dear
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2018
Fazemood:
Nice Update Silver. Thanks

U welcome bro
grin grin
do4luv14:
Hmmmm silver1996 dom star again ooo, nah wen action wan start naim be Tbc abi,
ok oooo
Mrintegrity247:
Tell d world silver is my man!

Tnks brother

1 Like

Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2018
grin grin
queenitee:
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update OP

U welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2018
anyimpro:
nice one. keep it up

Tnks bro
Re: Dead Trap by Mavikolo2020: 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2018
Brad Brad
Re: Dead Trap by kelvyncruz: 7:55am On Nov 10, 2018
Mavikolo2020:
Brad Brad

nor be small food Brad wan chop
Re: Dead Trap by anneboy02(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2018
Wonderful update
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
DEAD TRAP
EPISODE 11

BRAD STROKED HIS PALM DOWN THE LENGTH OF HER ARM, HIS FINGERS SOFTLY CARESSING HERS, KISSING HER DEEPER, HARDER..... then he felt the rock on her hand, the diamond, Christ, what were they doing...!

He jerked back.. Shocked

She stare into his eyes just as stunned, silence heavy, loaded with crackling tension, filled the space between them...

Words defied Brad, sorry didn't cut it, because he wasn't sorry, he'd do it again in a heartbeat...... And that it's when the gear plunged it's blade really deep into his heart.. This woman scared him, she made him want in a way that was raw and deep and very dangerous, a way he hadn't wanted in years ,not since a time life still held possibilities and dreams, she'd reawakened a part of himself he thought long dead.. She was too hot for him to handle.....

"Brad"She muttered

"Don't.... "He interjects...... "Please don't say anything, Persia.. It.... Nothing happened"

Her mouth went tight and he saw something heavy and sad in her eyes, he also saw her complexion was suddenly wan, she was starting to shiver again...
He cursed himself, resenting the erection still hard and hot in his pants, a mocking reminder he was a damn fool, he was supposed to be taking care of her not satisfying his own lust...

Self recrimination slicing like ice through him, he flung open the car door.... "Let's find you some dry clothes, take a look at that injury and get some food into you"
He put the headlamp back into his head, clicked it on and rummageed around in the back for a second headlamp which he'd taken from the bush camp, he loop the strap of the second lamp over the roll bar, under the jeep canvas roof so that it cast it's light down into the interior of the vehicle...

He remenber the kiss.... He sigh and cursed himself to focus... Get over it..

But he knew he was fruitlessly trying to justify his actions, actions that were inexcusable, the same kind of actions that had gotten Carla tortured, raped and murdered while he was forced to watch helplessly...
He tossed a pile of clothes into the front seat beside her.... "Put those on"his words were brusque and he knew it....

He saw the glimmer of hurt in her eyes, but he didn't care, couldn't afford to.. It was best this way...
She gathered up the clothes and her gaze held his for several beats....

"What....?, he snapped

"Nothing.... "Her words were just as terse

He snort.... "Persia..... "He hesitated dragging in all the air he can take.... "It was a mistake, it won't happen again... "

She bit her lip and turn away from him....

He walk a few pace from her giving her privacy to change.....

"If you need help changing, tell me.... "He said curtly not looking back to face her...

"I won't.... "She said crisply.... "Am fine"She added using a curtain to block the view...

Brad scrubbed his brow and blew out a cheerful of air.. He cross the line but she was just as guilty, she was engaged to another man and he held on to that.. Women could not be trusted, they broke promises... Especially women like her....

Qetsiyah tried to sort one handed through the jumble of clothing Brad had thrust onto the seat beside her but she was shivering badly now, temperatures had dropped but she knew the kiss had shaken her more than the cold, she didn't want to articulate what that really meant to her or her future but she sensed a seismic shift had taken place somewhere deep down within her and it had all started with this last Clearwater mission to Zimbabwe...

She suddenly had no idea what she was doing anymore, after all these years of knowing with crystal clarity that it was her royal duty to marry sheik Haroun Hassan, after knowing she had to come to the marriage a virgin as per the contract her father had signed, she had gone and kissed a virtual stranger and she liked it.. Alot..too much.... She'd barely ever kissed a man in her life....

"Stupid... "She muttered to herself..."Damn stupid, you are drunk and in shock and in pain and it'll all look different in the morning, just shut it out like it never happened, in daylight you will find your path again... "
She struggled out of her torn gown and into the light pants, she pulled a long sleeve cotton shirt over a T-shirt and fumbled to get her feet into the socks and hiking boots Brad had given her.....

As she changed... She remenber his words..... "if you need help changing, tell me... "

No way on this earth she is going to ask hi for help dressing, not after what his touch had already done to her body.. Her mind........

She took a deep breathe after she managed to change....

She signalled him.....

"It took you hours to change.... "He said brusquely

she watched as he carried the dead leopard from the truck,pick up a shovel and began to dig.. Making a grave for the Leopard...

Compassion washed through Qetsiyah as he began to drop the Leopard body on the grave.... Her brother might have sent the right person to save her life but on some level she sensed Brad was a game changer, he'd unleashed something in her that wasn't going to be easy putting back into it's box.. Perhaps her brother Ayura had made a grave mistake...

She should have never kissed him back but she had.... She snort and look down at the massive diamond ring in her finger.. A stone that could feed an entire village for a lifetime if sold... A stone that could buy access to Cleanwater resources, to solar power.. A stone that could help her do the good she craved for....
She was suddenly overwhelmed, she felt like a hypocrite and it all came down crashing down on her.....

The thoughts of her brothers lying to her creep it's way into her head... They should have told her the truth, that their arch enemy Amal Ghaffar was still alive.....

How her father had compelled her to Marry Haroun,a man she hardly knew angered her more....

Exhausted she sat limp, staring at the coppery glow of the frames on the churning and swirling river listening To Brad movement in the shadow as he finished covering the grave.....

"You okay.... ?Brad ask.. As he returned with the shovel

She puff.... "Am surprise you went through the trouble of burying it.... "

"Trackers would have seen it"He said, voice clipped as he marched to the truck where he drop the shovel...
"They are going to see our tire tracks here under the trees anyway"She said reading more into his action than he was admitting.....

Choosing not to answer, he dusted his hands on his trouser and reangled the headlight on his head before reaching for the first aid kit.....

He grunted as he ripped open the pouch containing a pad soaked in disinfectant and cleaned his hand with it.. Then he climb into the front seat next to her... He access her condition under the light Coming from the lamp on the roll bar above...

Qetsiyah noticed for the first time time a tattoo of a lion on his shoulder

"Clothes didn't fit too badly"he said opening the first aid kit

"Good thing the pant came with a belt...."She said with tremulous smile but he did not return it, a little little sinking feeling went through her stomach

Brad took her arm, felt for a purse... Feeling carefully along her radius, he lingered, closer to her wrist gently palpating where there was swelling..... She wince and immediately he released pressure....

"Your fingers are quite swollen.... "He said... "If you swell anymore, Persia, we're going to have to cut that thing off, okay?... He jerked his chin at her engagement ring...

She moistened her lips, nodded, tears of pain and emotion fliting her eyes...

He glanced up at her face forcing her to squint against the sharp light from the headlamp....

"Sorry... "He lower his head averting the light from her head....

"Am okay.. Just tired... "

He bent to splint to form a long channel which he wrapped around the back of her elbow, sandwiching her arm down to her fingers which he left free, he bound the splint firmly into place with a bandage, his movements deft and smooth...

"You've done this before....? She ask..

"A couple of times... "

A shiver chased down her back as the rough skin of his calloused hands brushed against the tender skin on the back of her neck... She felt him pause briefly at her reaction.. The tension between them was thick and sexual....

"There... "He said.... :That should do it"He added packing the first aid box... "

He swallowed hard when his eyes met hers.. Then he remenbered the kiss... Her mouth pressing hard against his.. The enormity of his thoughts threw his whole body electrifying.... His bulge slowly coming to life.......

He needs to get her to her brother soon... Quick, else he's going to burst into flames......

TBC

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dead Trap by Ann2012(f): 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2018
Brad is getting hot oooo

Thanks for the update OP
Re: Dead Trap by skubido(m): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2018
Oboi

Op Weldon oo
Re: Dead Trap by Fazemood(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
Let it burst man, that girl's damn too hot, man gat to do what needs to be done... ecetera... cool
Re: Dead Trap by Culin(f): 12:35am On Nov 19, 2018
It's too early for Brad and Qetsyah to have anything sexual abeg
Re: Dead Trap by Fazemood(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2018
Culin:
It's too early for Brad and Qetsyah to have anything sexual abeg
Some beauties should be tagged 'unearthly and illegal' cry they shouldn't be allowed to walk freely on the surface of the Earth. How can the angels allow another walk among men? Its not fair cry

1 Like

Re: Dead Trap by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
https://beta.okadabooks.com/book/about/instar_campuschallenge/22726 please guys click on the link to vote for my story as audience favourite in the union bank/okadabooks writing challenge. God bless you.
Re: Dead Trap by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
Wow
Re: Dead Trap by Slimynonny: 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2018
This one is More like a foreign novel. Of all your works, this is the best. Kudos
Re: Dead Trap by Slimynonny: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2018
Pls update us soon. Thanks
Re: Dead Trap by Mavikolo2020: 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
Slimynonny:
This one is More like a foreign novel. Of all your works, this is the best. Kudos

That means you haven't read kings and love in a circle
Re: Dead Trap by Slimynonny: 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2018
Mavikolo2020:

That means you haven't read kings and love in a circle
I hv actually read all except Kings but of all that i hv read dead trap is the best for me. Why because its based more on action than romance
Re: Dead Trap by Maymac(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2018
Slimynonny:
I hv actually read all except Kings but of all that i hv read dead trap is the best for me. Why because its based more on action than romance

You can go for price of heartbreak and also Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)
Re: Dead Trap by purity23(f): 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
Slimynonny:

is there romance in price of heartbreak because all i see there is torture

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Barrack Boy / ONOME My Landlord's Daughter (humor, Erotic And Romance Thriller) / Bride To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.