Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Dead Trap - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dead Trap (19031 Views)

Don't Fall Into The Trap Of Okadabooks! / Caught In His Own Trap / Caught In Their Own Trap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dead Trap by Slimynonny: 12:12am On Nov 21, 2018
Maymac:

You can go for price of heartbreak and also Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)
Thanks but i hv been searching for that Kings all to no avail. Pls link me up to that if there is any.
Re: Dead Trap by Maymac(m): 12:14am On Nov 22, 2018
Slimynonny:
Thanks but i hv been searching for that Kings all to no avail. Pls link me up to that if there is any.

https://www.nairaland.com/4441916/kings-where-evil-men-dwells/89
Re: Dead Trap by Slimynonny: 12:22am On Nov 22, 2018
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
DEAD TRAP
EPISODE 12

QETSIYAH WATCH AS HE DROP THE FIRST-AID KIT BACK ON THE TRUCK....
"Did you work with Ayura, with the force du sable?she ask

"You need to eat something"Brad said ignoring her question.... "I've got some tinned food, biltong, apples...."

She glaned at the tinned food when he brought it from the cooler.... "You said you had apples... "

He frown, then handed her a green apple

"Thanks... "She said and took a bite....

"You need something more substantial than that... "He said reaching up to click off his headlamp...

She didn't reply, she just chewed, focusing on making the apple go down..

He watched her intently then his gaze slid back down to the diamond ring poking out of her splint...... "Who's the guy? He ask curiously even when his guts told him not to....

Qetsiyah swallowed her mouthful of apple, he was probably thinking about the fact she'd kissed him back while she was promised to another man...
"Sheik Haroun Hassan of Sa'ud"She said

His eyes flashed up to hers...."The kingdom of Sa'ud?

"Yes... "

His jaw tightened and he lean back into the drivers seat facing the front, he stared at the churning river....

"You have an issue with the kingdom of Sa'ud?she ask quietly, watching his profile, the tension of his hands....

"I know the house of Sa'ud is stinking oil rich"His words were abrupt and he didn't look at her when he spoke...., he snort and continue... "I also know the Sa'ud royal family is fiercely traditional and that the old king is not expected to live long, it's creating some uncertainty in the Middle East"

She nodded... "Haroun is his only son, he'll be king soon"

"And then you will be queen... "He cut in with nibbed lip, his tone spiced with distaste

"And you disapprove....? She snapped

He didn't reply, he gave a snort instead

"Brad..., what is it?

He puff.... "Two years ago.. "He said quietly.. "There was a big to-do in the news about a sheik from the house of Sa'ud, he was accuse of having his fiancee murdered while she was visiting Dubai, the king use his influence, made the charges go away... "

She swallowed, the apple sticking in her craw.... "Yes... "She said quietly... "The sheik was.... Is.. a very distant cousin of Haroun,the Dubai incident had nothing to do with Haroun.... "

"She was killed by two Egyptians,it was a robbery gone wrong in her hotel room, the Egyptians were caught, the BBC claimed the Egyptians were hitmen"

"There was no proof, no evidence, no...

"There were rumors the hit men were hired after the Sa'ud sheik found out his fiancee was cheating on him, that it was an honor killing, because she was unfaithful, tainted goods... "

A chill sunk into Qetsiyah, she held the half eaten apple on her lap, her own insecurities about the case welling inside her.....
"Do you believe everything you read? She ask

"I believe in this case, where there is smoke, there is fire.. "

"The truth is not always what it seems at first blush, you know, this guy, Haroun's cousin was prejudiced because of his culture, because he's a wealthy oil sheik... "

"Is that what you think this is..., Prejudice?

"Yes i do..., just like you prejudiced me for been royalty.. "

He gave her a hard look, a muscle working along his jaw....

Qetsiyah pushed a fall of hair off her brow, self conscious now, she realised her hair was thick with mud and she was too damn tired to argue or explain anything or even think about how Haroun had sidestepped the issue when she'd tried to discuss the case with him last year...

"So when is the wedding....? Brad ask

She looked away, so far away, it all seemed, she got a sinking claustrophobic feeling in her chest at the thought of it all......

"Nineteen months.. "She said after a slight moment of silence..

"You'll get married in Sa'ud?

She nodded

He exhales not saying another word..

She shift her gaze to him... "What exactly is it that you don't approve of Brad?, it's not like you are getting married my choice has nothing to do with you... "

He met her eyes.. "You're right, it doesn't.. "

Guilt sliced through her, she'd kissed him, and a need rose in her to make him understand that she wasn't a cheat, that she had values that this momentary indiscretion was bothering her intensely...

"Tradition decrees we marry in his kingdom"She explained

Several beats of silence filled the space between them, his gaze slowly shift to her lips and she swallowed..

"I supposed... "He said slowly, still focused on her mouth.. "That your guest list reads like a United Nations who's who, i mean who doesn't want to rub shoulders with Sa'ud royalty inspite of who they are...,Did you send an invite to the white house too?

"You do have a problem... "

"Lady, I've got lots of problems, acquired over lots of years, you don't even want to go there, let's just deal with what is at hand, why don't you lean your back against the door, get your feet up on the seat here so i can lace up your boot"

She put her feet up and he tied his boot laces,his jaw tight, his moments bruque, tension still rolling off him, he yanked the laces tight, too tight...

"Ouch.... "

"Sorry... "He loosened the lace, tried again..

"Is it Haroun's wealth, his power that you don't like"She said irritably... "Or you don't respect traditions or what?, or just the Sa'uds and their powers?...

She was pushing, she knew it but she needed to know, maybe because she was struggling trying to justify all by herself...

"I guess am wondering Where Haroun is right now"He said.... "And why Ayura, not your fiance is paying me to save your royal Behind...."

He leaned his head forward slightly, lowering his voice to a dark whisper.... "And you know what else is worrying me Persia, it's what Haroun might do if he finds out you like to kiss strange men because Sa'ud sheiks seem to have a bad reputation handling that sort of thing... "

Blood drained from her head... "Brad it's not what.....

He held out his big hand, stopping her dead... "Forget it Persia, i don't want to know"

"You lie.. "She said softly... "Or you wouldn't have ask otherwise.... You owe it to me to allow me explain... "

"Here... "He abruptly peeled the top off the can of ravioli in his hand and stuck the fork end of his knife into it.... "Get this into you"

Frustration burned through her... "I told you am a vegetarian.. "

"Not on my watch you're not"He snapped... "Am getting you out of this bush alive, whether you like it or not, we have no idea how long this will take, and when the jeep fuel runs out, we could be trekking on foot for days, you need energy to survive so you better adjust... "He took the half eaten apple from her and replaced it with the tinned food.. "Eat.. "

Defiance set her mouth and she glared stubbornly ahead

He grabbed the rifle, opened the door and moved to the riverbank..

She glanced at the tin, hunger was crushing her..., she carefully tasted mouthful of beef ravioli... It didn't taste bad so she took in more...

Brad began to pace along the bank, rifle in hand.., he stayed close enough to be sure she was eating..
Minutes later he returned to the vehicle,he saw her sleeping, unable to stop himself, he studied her face in repose, taking time now to note the arch of her lips, the density of her impossibly long black lashes, the angle of her cheekbones ...

Brad skin heated as he thought of the kiss,her taste, her hunger, how he acted completely apart from logic...he still wanted her.... But he keeps fighting..., he wasn't sure how long he can fight, she was in another leaque, a leaque he can't defeat.. And she was promised to a man soon to be king, a sheik richer than the bloody queen of England, this knowledge had starkly redefined the boundaries of his mission and yeah maybe it was jealousy in part that made him feel a little bitter, that had made him attack the Sa'ud royal family like that but there was something darker at play here... He can't be falling for a girl who is promised to a dangerous man..,a man from a clan who derives joy in killing... A man from the house of Sa'ud whose reputation has spread far and near.. A man who controls.., who decides what happened and chased out evidence after turning a party bloody.... A man everyone should be scared of..... HAROUN HASSAN..... "

TBC

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dead Trap by Slimynonny: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for the update.... More pls. Gudmorning
Re: Dead Trap by anyimpro(m): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2018
thank you
Re: Dead Trap by Fazemood(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2018
Nice update, thanks Silver
Re: Dead Trap by skubido(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2018
Hmmmmmmm

OP tanks for the update
Re: Dead Trap by Mavikolo2020: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nice one Ops
Re: Dead Trap by Risingstar2020(f): 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
If Haroun loves her, why didn't he come to save her
Re: Dead Trap by kelvyncruz: 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
Brad forget about Hassan, f**k that girl
Re: Dead Trap by sly12345: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
kelvyncruz:
Brad forget about Hassan, f**k that girl

na so o brother,Brad just dey fall our hand anyhow
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
DEAD TRAP
EPISODE 13

JACOB HELD OUT HIS HAND, CALLING THE HUNT PARTY TO A HALT.... A hint of light was creeping into the sky...
He and jock the dog had been leading the hunt posse through the night, assisted by Amal's tracker and followed by four men in jeeps including Amal..
Crouching Jacob examined the ground with his flashlight, the man on the horse behind watching him...
He look the ground as Jock walk around, he quickly registered the princess has been here, there was a faint handprint....

Jacob cut for more sign around the area...

"Jock"Jacob whispered to the dog, showing him the ground to initiate another search...

He look at Amal's men, he knew for a fact Amal is still going to kill him even if he finds the princess and the man who took her... He needs to think of his own plan.. How he will escaped with Jock....
Jacob quickly knew the way they went as Jock sniff his nose in the area.....

QETSIYAH came awake slowly, surfacing from some dark and terrible dream....
Faint, gray light filtered into her field of vision, she turned her head slowly, she was covered by an unzipped sleeping bag...

Panic lick through her as she try to push herself into the sitting position on the front seat of the jeep..
The nightmare was real.. She held dead still, trying to orient herself, recall the sequence of events that has brought her here.. But her arm hurt and her brain was fuzzy...

Carefully she moved her head, neck stiff, she realise she was alone in the jeep, rain had stopped, the jeep was parked under a canopy of tall trees....

"Oh God... "She muttered

She inhaled deeply, spun round sharply, she saw him in tge shadows, silent, rifle cradled in his hand, he was watching her, his pale eyes slits against darkly tanned skin, his features hard in the cruel light if dawn...

"How are you feeling?he ask.. His voice hard..

She tossed back a tangled of knotted hair back off her forehead ..."Terrible, thanks"

She disentangled herself from the sleeping bag as he trot towards the jeep..

"Do you need to streched your legs or can you wait....?

She took his question as euphemism for bathroom break.... "I can wait"

"Good, because we need to keep moving, i have already let you sleep too long"

He climbed into the jeep beside her and the weight of the vehicle shifted.... He started the ignition and the diesel engine purred to life

She glanced at him, his mouth was powerful, wide, well defined lips. Her gaze lowered to his strong neck muscles that flared into broad shoulders.... His hands were firm, big, strong and dangerously rough and hard...

"Why a lion? She ask after much silence

"What...? He said looking at her

"Your tattoo.. "

He snort... "My African name...., Tautona, that's what the locals call me, it means old lion... "

"Why an old lion?

A wry smile twisted over his lips... "Guess they figured I'm like those scarred old males that have been ousted from their pride and live alone on the fringes of the veldt, have to hunt all by themselves, no female to do the job for them"

"Is it true?

He shot her a glance but said nothing

"Where are we going...?

"First west, then north, then southwest"

"I mean what is the plan, our destination, how long is it going to take?

He inhaled as if irritated by having to explain things...

"Look it might help to share the plan"She said.. "I helped you back at the river remenber?,you might need me again, we made a good team lastnight"

When he didn't dignify her with a reply, she lowered her voice and said irritably.... "Brad... "

"I want as much distance between us and the Tsholo okay...? Then we'll cut into the bush and make for a safe place and we call your brother... However if we reach the plateau tonight and there is no sign of thel following us, we might stop and rest for the night at an old airstrip i know, then we move again at first light"

"How will we know if they're following....?

"We should be able to get a good view of the land from up the plateau... "he said as he open the cooler with his other hand and pick out an apple..

"Breakfast"He said dumping the apple on her lap... "I will make you tea soon"

"Tea...!, how?

"Found a gas burner and kettle in the back with the shovel.... "

She positioned the water bottle between her knees and unscrew the cap with her hand.. "I'm impressed that you got all this stuff"She said raising the water bottle to her lips... "We could go for days"

"Hope not"He said crisply

She paused.... "Me too, i was just.....

"Eat... "He cut in brusquely.... "Drink..

Qetsiyah glared at him, she wasn't accustomed to being ordered around, her brothers tried but she fought them every step of the way..it had been become a reflex, her life was dominated by too many alpha men trying to push her around for her own damn good .....

"You really should eat... "He said gently this time..

"I will, when am hungry.. "

He was about to argue but stopped himself, a whisper of another wry smile ghosting his lips...

"Keep your arm inside the jeep"He ordered as one of the trees branches scraped down the side of the jeep... "Those thorns will shred skin to ribbons"

Qetsiyah removed her elbow from where she'd been resting it on the door......

"You didn't say when we were actually going after we get up to the plateau... "She said wiping sweat from her brow

"A safe house.. "He replied with clenched teeth

"Like where?

"Like you don't need to worry about it"

Exasperation flushed through her... "Anyone ever tell you, you were short on both words and manners..?

"Get down.. "He swerved as a branch whipped inside the jeep

Confused Qetsiyah flung herself on his lap..

He grinned as she looked up at him in shock..

"You did that on purpose.... "She snapped as she shoved herself into a sitting position...... "

She puff... "I know what you're doing Brat, you're being a cantankerous boor to keep me all walked up, you think if am angry, i will focus on survival and won't wimp on you.. "

"If you've shown me one thing princess, is that you don't do wimpy"

She glowered at him.. "Is that a compliment or insult...?

"Pick one... "

She curl her lip and turn her face away...

"It's just a fact... "He said with a chuckle.... "And you got that right, am a boer... "

She shift her gaze back to him... "I said boor not boer.. "
She quickly grabbed the bottle of water and took a swig..

Abruptly she felt the jeep slow, then stop, she swung round in the seat instantly worried

"Look, over there... "He said pointing into the distance..

About a hundred yards away,as if materializing from the interplay of shadow and light in the trees, two giraffes stood side by side, looping their necks around each other.....

Brad quickly cut the engine.... "Two males..."He said... "You can tell by the lack of hair on top of their horns, they rub them smooth by fighting and see over there..."He pointed and Qetsiyah was concious of the golden hairs on his strong tanned forearm....

"In the trees to the right, that's the female they are fighting over.. "Brad added

"That's fighting... ?she ask with gritted teeth

He nodded

They watch for a few seconds as the giraffes fight..
After much watch, Brad kick the engine back to life...
"You okay... "He ask..

She bit her lip, then nodded

They passed through an area of tall trees Where baboons swung, limb to limb on the canopy above them, the animals stopped to watch and stared as they drove under the branches....

"Do you think they've found our tracks on the Zimbabwe side yet? She ask

"Yup, but they will be held by the river a day or two.. "

Qetsiyah exhales as she remenber his words... "What did you mean Brad, about a vow never to kill again....?

"It's nothing?

"It's not noth...

"It's not your business okay... "He interjects, his voice clipped... "Don't worry about it"

"I was just wonder......

"Forget it Persia, i just said it to drive home a point, to get your mind back on track.... "

Irritation spiked through her.... "It's got everything to do with me... "She snapped... "You said as much yourself that rescuing me forced you to kill a man back there at the lodge, you said i made you break a vow not to kill another man, did you kill a woman Brad, what woman...?

A cold hard feeling wreck his chin..

Just then Qetsiyah knew she'd hit the point.. He killed a woman.., part of her screamed at her to drop the subject but she couldn't

"Who was she Brad, what happened ten years ago...?

"Persia... "He said quietly... "Am not looking to make friends, nor tell my life story, my mission is to get you to a safe place, call your brother and he will come fetch you...or sent someone... "

"So am just a package to be picked up and dropped off...?

"Yes... "He said, then as if he couldn't stop himself either, he said... "And then you can be nicely handed to king Haram... "

"Haroun.. "

"Whatever... "

She glared at him, her blood began to boil... "Where do you know my brother from anyway?

"I told you, Ayura and i used to work together... "

"You said you owe him....., why?

Brad gave her a hard look... "I told you already, Ayura saved my life so lets drop it"

"How did he save your life, what happened...?

"Look princess, save your energy, because you're going to need it, this is not a social trip, you don't need to know me and i don't need to know you, let's just get this over with...

She swallowed, repressing the urge to punch him..

He swerved sharply as the jeep cut too close to a tree and the branches raked down the side of the vehicle, slapping inside...

Qetsiyah ducked back but she wasn't fast, a thorn from the branches ripped through her sleeve, splitting open her skin... Blood welled, her eyes burned with pains and frustration

"I told you to keep your hands in... "He snapped

"I did, you're doing this on purpose, you're a pig"

"Yup... "He scurred

"What happened....? She ask again

He huffs, irritated.... "What happened in my past is non of your goddamn business, i dont know what you hope to achieve by pressing me like this... "

"Am pressing because i want to know what happened to the nice guy who rescued me, the guy who fixed my arm and helped me through the darkest hours of dawn, who.... "Her voice cracked... "Who kept my morale up... Who.... Who... Kissed me... "

"You want to know why i kissed you Persia....? He raved, exasperation in his voice.... "Is that what this is all about....?, Fine i will tell you..., I'm a red blooded male, that's why.... And you looked pretty damn hot in that body hugging cocktail gown, i carried you on my back and it felt good.., it gave me an itch i needed to scratch... "

"Damn you.. "She spat at him..

"You did a bloody good job of kissing me back"He countered crisply

Her cheeks were hot, a fire burning inside her stomach, embarrassment twisting through her chest....

"Why did you do that Mmm?Brad added

As Qetsiyah opened her mouth, she realised the stupidity of what she was about to say, that she kissed him because he what....?,had awakened something in her..?, lust..?or that he was sexy..rough, hard in all corners and she only wanted to know how he taste.. How his hard body will look like...

She inhaled deeply scrubbed her hand over her face... ..."I must have had an itch of my own.... "She said when no other words came out

"Touche.... "He said.... "Next time save your itch for your fiance.... "

TBC

Few more episodes to the finale

3 Likes

Re: Dead Trap by Fazemood(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
Hahahahahaaaa Dayum! I like these two. Can't wait to have them both under one sheet, wink

Nice one brother, nice one!
Re: Dead Trap by Mavikolo2020: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
Arguing like couple..

Brad should stop pretending, he's dying inside
Re: Dead Trap by skubido(m): 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
Mavikolo2020:
Arguing like couple..

Brad should stop pretending, he's dying inside

Naso
Re: Dead Trap by Slimynonny: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nice one here bt more of it will not be over dose....... So pls i need some more

1 Like

Re: Dead Trap by mostob(m): 7:16am On Nov 30, 2018
finally, I caught up. kudos bro
Re: Dead Trap by purity23(f): 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
Tnks for the update
Re: Dead Trap by showgoeson: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2018
Nice 1 silver
Re: Dead Trap by Akhigbe2000(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2018
Few more episodes to the finale[/quote]
Re: Dead Trap by Akhigbe2000(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2018
Few more episodes to the finale[/quote]
nice story you've got here, waiting for update though
Re: Dead Trap by Napoleonsammy(m): 2:26am On Dec 04, 2018
Silver please no forget us na update for here abeg tnx
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2018
DEAD TRAP
EPISODE 14

THE HUMIDITY AND HEAVY SILENCE THAT WEIGHED DOWN BETWEEN THEM BECAME ALMOST UNBEARABLE AS THEY TRAVERSED AN ENDLESS PLATEAU OF SMOOTH ROCK THAT TRAPPED THE SUN'S HEAT AND RADIATED IT BACK AT THEM...

A snake, long black with yellow stripe, slithered out of their way and into dark crevice..

Qetsiyah worried her engagement ring, turning it round and round her swollen finger, angry at herself for starting the argument, and for the need she felt now to defend herself, but no matter how she thought about coming at a defense, she knew this tough-ass mercenary who'd been around the block more than a few times would not understand...

How could she explain that she'd been in Haroun's company a total of five times in her life, she could count the occasions on one hand and each time had been in the presence of a royal chaperone, as per traditional degree, the wedding contract stipulated the couple follow a traditional courtship and as per Sa'ud custom, once a woman had met with a man in this manner ,this many times, it constituted an engagement anyway, contract or not...

But she'd never kissed Haroun, barely even touched him, apart from posing for an official engagement photographs, it was decreed she comes to the marriage utterly pure....

She has been raised to accept this, it was her royal heritage and her duty to her kingdom,to fulfill this political contract and it was a relatively small price to pay compared to what the rest of her had sacrificed and endured for their kingdom, Daud her eldest brother was assassinated on his yacht in Barcelona as he slept, her parents had been assassinated also, their throats slit in their palace bed, Zakir, next in line to the throne had been forced to give up his career to take the throne at the time of violence unrest while he'd tried to hide the fact that he was going blind....., Ayura in return had been doomed to hunt the globe in an attempt to unveil the assassins and exact revenge.....

All their problems had been caused by the Ghaffars led by Aban Ghaffar, aka The Moor....

To learn that his son, Amal Ghaffar was here, in Africa, alive... To discover that the violence battle of their lives and kingdoms wasn't over was terrifying... Overwhelming....

This brute with her had no idea what she had been through....

She knew for a fact that the least she could do was forge ahead and fulfill her marriage obligations with Horoun, the political alliance will strengthen the Al Na'jar army and economy....,Sa'ud and other other Middle Eastern allies would come to their defense if needed...

She had to do this to protect her brothers, their growing families, and the innocent people of her nation...
This was not a time for inner conflicts and selfish desires....

She exhales, Haroun is a striking and likeable man, he seemed kind, smart, easy going and easy enough to be with but she knew there was no chemistry at all, how could she Tell Brad what his kiss had done to her, or why she even kissed him back, or how it all fed into the mounting insecurities and fears over her own future with Horoun....

As much as Brad mocked her for been royal, it wasn't easy, she couldn't have the things normal people have and aspired to even though her needs as a woman might be just as deep as the next woman...

Brad reached into the backseat suddenly, yanked out a whiskey bottle, held it between his thighs and unscrewed the cap, he took a deep swallow..

She watched his Adam's apple working, and slow fingers of desire tickled down inside her... She couldn't help it.. Even now...

Brad held the bottle to her...... "Want some....?

"No... "She replied shapily

He took another sip, then recapped it....

"What are you seeking alcoholic relief from......, Me?

He gave a hard dry, rough laugh.... "Am not seeking relief, it's the breakfast of kings..... "He lick his lips... "Oh wait, not your kind of king... "

Her jaw dropped.... "You're jealous... "

He barked another laugh, pressing down on the gas and bouncing the jeep in a way that forced her to grab the roll bar for balance....

"Jealousy doesn't suit you, you know... "She said crisply

"Suits me just fine.... "He said not looking at her

"I thought you wanted to stay sharp, not drunk... "She said

"This is me being sharp sweetness "

She cursed at him silently......"So that's it, you despise me because I'm engaged to a man with more money and power than you'll ever have, yet..... "She pause then let it out... "yet i kissed you"

"Jesus Persia, give it up, will you..... ?

"My name is Qetsiyah.... "

"Yeah, whatever, it's just a freaking kiss.... "

"You think am promiscuous, cheating on him, betraying him, is that it, is it that simple.....?

"Am a simple guy... "

"Oh, that's amusing!,simple is the last thing you are....., you're a... a cantankerous bull with issues over your past and God knows what else... "

He snorted loudly...

"See, you even sound like one.... "

He spun abruptly to face her and she recoiled slightly at the sudden ferocity in his features..... "You want the truth Persia.....?

"Qetsiyah..... "

"Here is the truth....., i don't do commitment and i like to be with a woman who don't do commitment either, no promises, just straight up good sex, both sides understand the equation and want nothing more, i do not have a problem with promiscuity...... "

Blood flared hot into her face.... "So what's the problem then...?

"The problem is you, you do commitment, you made the choice to marry Haram.....

"Haroun... "She corrected shapily

"Yes, Haroun, whatever .....,you made him a promise by wearing a rock big enough to feed a small goddamn country and you know what...?

She gaze at him but didn't reply.....

"While i don't do commitment as a matter of routine, when i do choose to make a promise, that's everything in my book, believe it or not, i do have honour, and am loyal to a goddamn fault, just ask your brother, is why i went to work with men like him, men who promise to leave no man behind and know how to keep that promise, and it's why he came to get me out of a hellhole in Nicaragua..., he wouldn't leave me behind, and that princess is why i owe Ayura, that's why am here saving your pretty little ass because Ayura knows i owe him and that i will die before i let you get hurt...."He took a deep drag,irritation spiking through him......

"Do you think i have no honor....? Qetsiyah quickly ask... "You think i don't keep a promise?.....

She waited for his reply, when he gave none, she continued.... "If that's what you think, you're mistaken, you have no idea what I'm prepared to give up for a promise not even made by......

"Just stop talking okay... "He cut her short

Her eyes widened.... "Where the hell did you get off.... ?

"I was in that other man's position, Persia...,"He snapped... "Not once but twice, call me a fool but i didn't learn from the first time around and a woman just like you burned my ass, then got killed for it.... "

Her mouth dropped and she bit her lower lip... "That's not..........., you don't understand, i..

"I don't want to understand.... "

He drove faster, harder, sending up clouds of dust that coated the trees,giving them a ghosty air of menace in the heat, vegetation closed in again, as if the bush was delibrately trying to block their way...

Brad swung round a think clump of mopani, and dead ahead in the track, hemmed in by trees on either side, loomed a large bull elephant with crooked tusks...

He quickly slammed the brakes...

Silence descended as dust rose around them....

The Elephant was so close that Qetsiyah could see individual hairs poking out of it's leathery skin, two egrets rode on his shoulders and tracks of dark moisture leaked like tears from behind his ears..
The bull raised it's truck, catching their scent and his ears flapped out wide, the egrets took flight....

Qetsiyah heart began to slammed against her ribs, her heartbeat raced rapidly almost bursting out of her chest...

"Don't move.... "Brad whispered

She couldn't even if she tried, she was paralyzed with fear, her attention shifted to the animal's tusks,then to the moisture tracking through gray dust on the inside of the bull's back legs... His penis arched almost to the ground..

The bull flapped his ears in and out, swayed his tusks

Slowly, Carefully, Brad shifted the gears into reverse but before he could even touch the gas, the bull's ears flattened against his head and he curled up in his truck, lowering his head.... He waited, study them, then with a mighty thud, he began to give them a chase..

"Oh hell... "Brad whispered hitting the gas...."He's coming.... "

TBC
Re: Dead Trap by Fazemood(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
shocked

All that description of the elephant behaviour and the mucus behind the ear is a sign of a growing male ready to copulate and in need of a mate. shocked . At these times, male elephants are viciously aggressive, and if opposed by another male, would fight him for hours even till death if neither gives up.

Brad would need his greatest driving skill to escape that monster. Qetsiyah or persia, hold on tight cuz this gonna be a long rough race grin

Nice update silver. Hope you get more inspirations
Re: Dead Trap by Mavikolo2020: 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2018
Nice one Ops
Re: Dead Trap by skubido(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2018
OP tanks a lot for the update

U too much
Re: Dead Trap by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: Dead Trap by Risingstar2020(f): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2018
time to run
Re: Dead Trap by queenitee(f): 9:30am On Dec 07, 2018
Hmmm, I'm so loving this
Re: Dead Trap by Silver1996(m): 9:48am On Dec 10, 2018
DEAD TRAP
EPISODE 15

THE ELEPHANT CHARGED IN A THUNDERING CLOUD OF BOILING DUST...

Brad floored the accelerator, one hand gripping tge steering wheel, his other arm over the backseat as he tried to keep an eye on both the advancing bull and blasting the jeep backward at full throttle through thick sand., he swerved round a clump of trees, tires whirring up dirt, brush catching under the chassis....

The jeep jammed as something hit underneath...and the bloody bull was still coming, swinging the wheel hard, sweat drenching his shirt, blood pounding in his ears, he fishtailed backward around an outcrop of red rock..

The bull slowed near the outcrop, then stopped, his ears fanning in out from his head...

Brad kept going, engine whinning, he wasn't certain if the charged was over... But his heart sanked as, in the sand in front of the jeep trailed a black swath that was pouring out from under their vehicle like blood from a severed artery...

He brought the jeep to a stop in soft sand, his attention riverted on the animal as he carefully read the bull's body language, the position of hus ears, truck, the elephant ears flared slowly out then in once more as if deciding whether to charge again....

Brad sigh as the bull turned and loped slowly into the copse of trees in the distance.., leaves began to shiver as the bull took out his grievance against the truck of the tallest tree...

Brad turned off the ignition, furious with himself, the entire area was populated with mopani that had been eaten uniformly squat by elephants...,he should have been on the lookout for the giant pachyderms,instead his blood had been raging and his braik clouded by this fiercely intriguing and daln sexy princess he was supposed to be saving not getting stomped to death by a sexually frustrated bull in musth...

Like the goddamn situation with Carla, he'd let himself get sucked in and it could have gotten Persia killed...

They sat for a while, dust settling around them, on them. Heat pressed down, the sounds and scents of the bush filtering back into their consciousness as they watched the dusty gray giant in the distance....

"Jesus, that's one mean-ass, sexually frustrated bastard.... "Brad countered turning to face Qetsiyah, her black eyes were huge, her face bloodless and streaked with dust.... "You all right..?

Qetsiyah nodded, her gaze flickering nervously to where the beast was uprooting his tree as she reached up to sweat from her brow with a trembling hand..

Brad inhaled deeply, adrenaline slamming through his chest...

"How did you know he was going to charge...? She whispered.... "Usually it's a mock charge"

"Usually...?

She bit her lips... "I.... I've been on a safari before, sometimes the game viewing vehicles got too close and the elephant does a little run, but uet never ends in a full blown charge... "

"Did you see the moisture down the sides of his face.....?

"The tears....?

"Not tears...., Temporin from glands behind his eyes, and the urine dribbling down the inside of his legs... "He nodded toward the shuddering tree.... "That bull is in full musth, hugh as a kite on sex hormones, that sharp bitter odor was a dead giveaway, humans can usually pick up that scent from a few hundreds metres away.... "He paused....,puff and continue.... "I should have noticed before we even got into that situation.... "

"I didn't noticed anything..."

"Not your job to... "He jut his chin... "You could see he met business the instant he tucked his truck under his ears back out of harms way..., musth bulls, especially the young ones can be extremely aggressive and unpredictable, you need to give them a wide berth.... "

"Like someone else i know.... "

He look at her in surprise, then shift his head back and laughed, the release felt damn good, talking about sexual frustration, this woman could read him like a book and had the nerve to say so.....

"I got the impression you only smile or laugh when everything around you is going to hell in a hand basket... "She said, a glimmer of amusement twitching at the corners of her gorgeous mouth...

"Damn...."He said softly as the laughter eased and tears of mirth leaked into dust around his own eyes...... "You take the cake woman......."He gave another snort of laughter, then as he sobered, he said quietly...... "I could really get to like you, you know... "

She went silent..

They sat like that for a while, hearts racing, adrenaline pounding, a kinetic energy arcing between them, pulling them together even as they both fought against the sexual impulse...

Slowly, very slowly, Bead reached up, even as his brain screamed at him not to go further... He ignored.., ignored all odds...,all warnings.., he touched her, wiping the dirt from her brow with the pad of his thumb..

Her gaze held his, dark.., loaded.., his groin went hard and he couldn't breathe....

"You're getting dirty princess... "

She broke the gaze, looking down at the diamond ring on her finger..

Before he could say anything, she'd turned away from him, her hair falling in a curtain across her cheek, hiding her expression...

"Persia.."He muttered gently

"It's nothing... "She countered.., voice thick..

Brad frowned as empathy squeezed his chest, he was feeling all sorts of emotions he didn't want, but in spite of his best efforts, princess was winning, he was feeling powerless around her and he didn't like the feeling..

Irritably he grabbed his rifle and climbed out of the jeep...,he dropped to his knees and peered under the chassis.. Oil pooled heavy and dark in the sand confirming his worst fears.. A ruptured sump, he reached under the vehicle to dip a finger into the liquid to be certain...

"Brad... "

"Just a sec.., i need to......

"Brad... "She shouted..

He bumped his head as he jerked back out from under the jeep and peered up over the hood.., his heart stalled at the terror on her face...

"He's coming back... "She said with shaking mouth pointing..

"Bead spun round..... "Holy crap... "He muttered as he saw the bull advancing again towards them in another cloud of boiling dust.. The f*cking bull wasn't content with his tree.....

Brad quickly jump into the drivers seat, rifle in lap, he fired up the ignition, he hit the gas and slammed the gears into reverse.. Wheeling round and spinning the jeep around a hundred and eighty degrees...

He floored the accelerator bombing forward through scrub, bashing against rocks..

The elephant loomed in the rearview mirror and the trail of black blood leaking from the jeep innards grew thinner and thinner..

Panic clawed at Brad throat, the engine was going to seize any second now but the bull was closing the gap..

He began planning on how to get Qetsiyah out of the vehicle should they stall..

"He's falling back... "Qetsiyah yelled suddenly

Brad glaned up in the rearview mirror, the elephant was dropping back into a trot..

He slowed the jeep but kept going until the elephant turned and started retreating...

The jeep engine coughed, choked and stalled..

Brad sat back breathing hard...

Qetsiyah was too..

Brad pounded his fist on the dash, angry, this was a good vehicle, it could have gotten them far,he might have been able to mend the oil pan but now that he'd run the engine without oil until it died, it was toast.. Their jeep was dead, done.., gone.. "

She watched him, then glanced nervously into the cloud of dust settling in their wake, silence suddenly loud, not even the call of a bird or the sound of insects........ "You really can't fix it.. "

"No... "He said..., exasperation sinking in.... "I can't goddamn fix it... "

He raked his hand through his dark hair, dust making it stand up in front..........

"Am sorry Persia... "He added faintly

"Brad, you saved my life a couple of times over already, you have nothing to be sorry about.. "

She reached for his thigh, a touch, just fingertips against skin...., a quiver ran through his muscles like a small electrical shock chasing over his skin....

"And now that am still alive.... "She said softly... "I have to say that was truly incredible to witness.. Honest.. "

He looked slowly into her eyes.....

"You mean it...."He said.. ,it wasn't a question, she really did get off ln the thrill, everything about this womqn was exciting, unanticipated....

"I keep forgetting ..."He added quietly devouring her with his eyes..."You're no newcomer to Africa.... "

She smile and a raw feeling of an unexplained magnetic attraction chased down his groin........

"So what do we do now Brad... ?

He snort..., then he boom out the baddest idea ever....... "Now we walk..... "

TBC

sorry for the late update

1 Like

Re: Dead Trap by Risingstar2020(f): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2018
Trekking things., thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bride To Be / The Killer Leggings / A Walk With The Devil (Vol. 1) By Devilpen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.