Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked (33460 Views)

Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance / The Moment Osinbajo And Tinubu Met At APC South-West Leaders' Meeting (Video) / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 7:43am On Oct 14, 2018
Ogbuefienubiaka:
I like the fact that they were not consulted if not they would have put a questionable person. Peter Obi is a man of honor and their fear is that he will not steal for them.

We are already Atikulated
even if they were consulted, this will still b d result and atiku doesn't have time 4 their drama. Instead 2 rally round one of their own, their raising shoulders. Its cos of this attitude that y Igbos loose out at d national level

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by madridsta007(m): 7:43am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72069031:

We respect your opinion.

Yours is respected.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by funshint(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Our beggarly states of osun, ekiti etcs needs your pity more. grin
No wahala...I can see you're an #IPOB with a fake Monika. Let's see how Atiku will become the president without SW votes!
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Afamed: 7:46am On Oct 14, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Was he called that when he was former governor in East? Let osinbade step down for him so that APC can divide the Eastern votes. grin
Definitely APC wouldn't play into PDP hands. APC is not expecting any ambiguous votes from the East. You can keep your votes division in the east
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by IbrahimDamola: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2018
funshint:

No wahala...I can see you're an #IPOB with a fake Monika. Let's see how Atiku will become the president without SW votes!

Shagari, OBJ became president without our SW votes.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72067415:
This Vice President issue is simply getting outta hand.
What is wrong with our people?
They refuse supporting Madam Oby or Kingsley Moghalu BUT keep shouting AtikuLOOTED upandan.
Funny people...
All they are after is their share from the dollars the Articulated thief is sharing.

Meanwhile.....

Nigga who are the our people? You and who? O boy... u are Yoruba and am Igbo... Nothing concerns us ever oo.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by unite4real: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2018
jcmaiah:
South east governors can't influence voters choice. Every Igbo man has a mind of his own. We will never vote Buhari even with an Igbo VP and we will vote Atiku even with another Fulani as VP.

Next time say " I will never " and not " we will never ". You can't speak for all because you can't find a zero vote anywhere for the one you oppose.
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018
RebelChip, that is an assignment for you.
Keep sweating it out till you get it right.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by comrChris(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018
I don't know why simple messages are difficult to comprehend here.
These are the southeast leaders, they never said obi is not perfect for the job but things should always be properly done. You don't just come to a man's house and take away his son in the name of helping the family without consulting the head of the family.

This kinda negligence can not be accepted anywhere, even the Yorubas that have carried this issue on their heads,shouting disunity can not even accept it, can tinubu and other self acclaimed leaders of southwest accept them being neglected in a thing like this.

For the fact we want to get into power doesn't mean due process shouldn't be followed. I like the choice of obi
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Chukazu: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2018
tiger28:
Igbos are just too funny! Hausas have almost the SAME number of supporters in PDP and APC, Yorubas have almost the same numbers in PDP and APC..... So win or lose, they will always win in ANY election. But the igbos are shallow minded politically. They are like a herd of cattles, they all go one way. They are about to put ALL THEIR EGGS IN ONE BASKET AGAIN O. Their NEW friend Atiku will use and dump them as others have done many times..... Thats even if he wins. Igbos are too hateful towards EACH OTHER to be taken serious.... Imagine having a deadlock after one of them is chosen By the way, i noticed heightened igbo activities on N L after Obi was chosen, didnt these Negros say "Biafra or nothing" Didnt they say that they dont want ANYTHING to do with Government ....JOKERS OF AFRICA!

Tell me where you were when OPC said it is ODUA REPUBLIC or nothing, when NIGER DELTA militants said it NIGER DELTA or nothing or when AREWA AND BOKO HARAM said it's their region and religion or nothing?

See let's tell ourselves the truth, every region needs a militant group.the Nigerian authority doesn't listen to plea, and of all the group MASSOB AND IPOB are the most peaceful ,the reason the federal government has had it easy in trampling on them with so called PYTHON DANCE. they couldn't have done such if we still had BAKKASSI BOYS with arms.

So we need Biafra if you like, but before then we share NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lastempero: 7:49am On Oct 14, 2018
seunfly:
First time in a very long time southeast got top position and theyl are killing themselves over it, the last time in the senate, they changed senate President up to five times. Even southsouth region with different ethnicity and tribes quickly united behind Jonathan but our brother from the east don't feel so for their own. Funny thing is that they will carry another person matter for head during the race.

It's is the thieves that are killing themselves, I trust my brothers nobody get their time, they are just rattling.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Olajah81: 7:49am On Oct 14, 2018
Read Matthew 12-25....
" Every Kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by cpapa: 7:49am On Oct 14, 2018
if people are talking my state governor is also talking go and see aba ariaria

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2018
Chukazu:

Let's break it down.

If ATIKU promised to consult and ended up not doing so, it's wrong. You can't tell me that SOUTH SOUTH were not consulted before Jonathan was chosen as Yaradua running mate?

Speaking with one voice doesn't mean people should not have a mind of their own to disagree

We disagree because we don't now to one individual...we are egalitarian
Even the South West disagreed on OBASANJO'S choice as president and voted against PDP in 1999, we always make this things looking IGBOish even when it's not peculiar to us
SS wasn't consulted b4 Jonathan was chosen 4 yar'adua. D initial pick was peter odili. It was on d night of d convention that yar'adua announced his pick by then Jonathan had already retired 2 his hotel room.
D Igbo case is peculiar. D lack of unity is glaringly evident. D political leaders always want 2 show superiority 4 simple issues. This was d case in d OBJ era when they were all queuing up 2b d next senate president. In 2015, ngige was d only high ranking APC senator in d national assembly. D president Hausa/VP Yoruba. Instead of igbos 2 rally round him so he could get senate presidency, they voted him out of d senate. Igbo politics is very disappointing but d outcry of marginalisation is d loudest. How will igbos not b marginalized when they can't put their acts together?
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by richidinho(m): 7:54am On Oct 14, 2018
Ayoswit:
Ok o but I've been OBIdiently ATIKUlated.

nice one there
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:55am On Oct 14, 2018
These guys have started again.

Can the Igbo unite?

Ever?
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Afamed: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2018
cpapa:
if people are talking my state governor is also talking go and see aba ariaria
This one weak me ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2018
supereagle:
Crack in the camp. Buhari is favored to win. God is working for him.

Calabar - Itu road. May looters not have access to rule us again.

The vegetation in both your pics, though.....

First pic looks like its in the North. Look how far you can see into the distance.

Are you sure its the same road?
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58am On Oct 14, 2018
madridsta007:

Yours is respected.
We cool then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Oblang(m): 7:59am On Oct 14, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
One news, three front line pages smh for zombies
Let me educate you people a little.
In Igboland, govs don't tell people what to do because the Igbo person look up to nobody but God (if you doubt me ask Rochas why Buhari lost IMO state yet APC won govnership). Hence we the South east people will vote massively for Atiku/Obi come 2019.
Please stop wasting your time, create topics that will market your Lord and Savior Buhari instead of wasting time on the rancour by a few irrelevant govs.

Instead of facing ur elders that are at loggerhead, u must blame someone for ur predicament. To u, every negative news is targeted at u..smh
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 8:00am On Oct 14, 2018
comrChris:
I don't know why simple messages are difficult to comprehend here.
These are the southeast leaders, they never said obi is not perfect for the job but things should always be properly done. You don't just come to a man's house and take away his son in the name of helping the family without consulting the head of the family.

This kinda negligence can not be accepted anywhere, even the Yorubas that have carried this issue on their heads,shouting disunity can not even accept it, can tinubu and other self acclaimed leaders of southwest accept them being neglected in a thing like this.

For the fact we want to get into power doesn't mean due process shouldn't be followed. I like the choice of obi
who's d head of d family u are referring to? Is it because d "head of d family" wasn't consulted that Igbo senators were working against themselves to become senate president in d obj era? Was it because "d head of d family" wasn't consulted when ngige had a shot at d senate presidency, but instead of supporting him he was voted out of d senate? By d time other tribe are making quick decisions &taking over important positions in d country, igbos will b fighting each other in d name of "consultation" in d end they will say marginalization. U c d reason y igbos are always left behind?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by reuben79: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2018
Ike ekweremadu behind d evil plann against our humble vp elect...........d meeting is held in his apartment

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Chukazu: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2018
funshint:

If Peter Obi is your best choice when you have the likes of #CharlesSoludo #OsitaChidoka #FrankNweke. I really pity your region.

It's actually a credit to the South East that we have an embarrassment of choice when it comes to who to pick for either President or Vice. So who whom ever get picked is just first among equals .from SOLUDO, NGOZO OKONJO, OBY EZEKWESILI, ARUNMA OTTEH, MOGHALU, PETER OBI, FRANK NWEKE, CHUKWUEMEKA CHIKELU(that guy is a Gem) is a tough pick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2018
supereagle:

d vegetation in both pictures are different. D one where work is ongoing is in d north. D second one with d pool is in d south. Its not d same road
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2018
Obas101:

If you are not staying in the north don't conclude on what you think. I'm from North Central.. not hausa yoruba or igbo and I can assure you this region has Buharis support
which of the north central states? Plateau that would soon be taken over by ishaya bamaiyi's pdp because of the unabated killings of his people? Benue that had returned to the pdp due to neglect suffered during the herdsmen killings? Taraba that's unrepentant pdp? Kogi that the igala, tribe the most populous tribe who are predominantly pdp will take over from bello in retaliation of the unjust political fraud perpetrated on their son which gave bello the opportunity of becoming governor or nasarawa that's warming up? Tell which state is in support of apc in the region. Don't talk of kwara because saraki is on ground.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2018
funshint:

If Peter Obi is your best choice when you have the likes of #CharlesSoludo #OsitaChidoka #FrankNweke. I really pity your region.
doesn't matter who they pick, they will still fight each other
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by lexy2014: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
These guys have starts again.

Can the Igbo unite?

Ever?

Its a pity they can't get their acts 2geda. No wonder d big 2 make progress faster than them
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2018
supereagle:

calabar itu rd is still a huge mess

and a big part of it was done by Akpabio under pdp

stop posting thrash online

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by RapportNaija(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2018
Mynd44:
Nigerian politicians and grandstanding.

I can bet these ones want to feel important too and so must be consulted and their permission asked.

Jokers

And is it a bad thing? At the end of the day, wouldn't it be the Governors' responsibilities to deliver their states? Can Atiku/Peter do it alone?
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Vcblinks(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2018
Thats d problem we are having in Igbo land bunch of idiots as political leaders but every man is a king on its own so whatever they do they are own their own.just very sad that this assholes are leaders

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by Anazp: 8:17am On Oct 14, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
One news, three front line pages smh for zombies
Let me educate you people a little.
In Igboland, govs don't tell people what to do because the Igbo person look up to nobody but God (if you doubt me ask Rochas why Buhari lost IMO state yet APC won govnership). Hence we the South east people will vote massively for Atiku/Obi come 2019.
Please stop wasting your time, create topics that will market your Lord and Savior Buhari instead of wasting time on the rancour by a few irrelevant govs.
rubbish. u don't look up to anybody but ojukwu ordered u guys to go ti war with your bare hands and sme cutlasses and u foolishly followed. foools
Re: Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked by YoungLionken(m): 8:25am On Oct 14, 2018
post=72067415:
This Vice President issue is simply getting outta hand.
What is wrong with our people?
They refuse supporting Madam Oby or Kingsley Moghalu BUT keep shouting AtikuLOOTED upandan.
Funny people...
All they are after is their share from the dollars the Articulated thief is sharing.

Meanwhile.....
Firstly, how many northerners are on the line, especially on NL here?
2. Have you checked Atiku's"President to be" fan base on twitter?
3.Ever heard about the Shittes group in Nigeria, who they are against/for president?
4.The middle birth which include Plateau, Benue where massive killings and maiming occurred by herdsmen and PMB kept shut, the major reason Samuel Ortom decamped and lambasted...?
5.I can continue but I'm tired of typing, I don't need to convince you. I shall continue when you give answers to the aforementioned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Election: Tinubu Leading In Latest NOI Poll / NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) / Matawalle: Powerful Politicians In Aso Rock Sabotaging The War Against Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.