Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,734 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? (385 Views)

Which State(s) Do You Think Atiku Or Buhari Won't Make A 25%? / Jonathan: Vote Atiku So We Can All Have Food To Eat / Nigeria Is Doomed With Atiku Or Buhari On Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by JackOfAllTrades: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2018
Yes I am part of the people that supported a change in the rulling party fews years back . But sadly things went to worse as with the consequences of every new change (things become good or remain bad or even become worse).
I obviously would not vote Apc again because of their gross incompetence and inhumane leadership.

But why would anyone root for pdp again? Aren't we supposed to learn from our mistakes?

If you ran a business that was supposed to take you out of poverty and the business isn't making profit, would you go back to poverty or try a new line of business?

Shouldn't we all be comparing the likes of Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu, Donald Duke, Omoyele Sowore, people that have actually given actionable plans of what their presidency could look like.

How could APC or PDP still be an option cry

3 Likes

Re: Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by mekaboy(m): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2018
Atiku is the lesser evil.
Re: Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by JackOfAllTrades: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2018
mekaboy:
at least read the post before commenting

1 Like

Re: Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by braveboy64(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2018
Sai Baba 2019
Re: Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by Nmeri17: 1:27am On Oct 22, 2018
JackOfAllTrades:
Yes I am part of the people that supported a change in the rulling party fews years back . But sadly things went to worse as with the consequences of every new change (things become good or remain bad or even become worse).
I obviously would not vote Apc again because of their gross incompetence and inhumane leadership.

But why would anyone root for pdp again? Aren't we supposed to learn from our mistakes?

If you ran a business that was supposed to take you out of poverty and the business isn't making profit, would you go back to poverty or try a new line of business?

Shouldn't we all be comparing the likes of Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu, Donald Duke, Omoyele Sowore, people that have actually given actionable plans of what their presidency could look like.

The devil you know wink
Re: Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by VaselineCrew: 1:29am On Oct 22, 2018
Exactly bro, I don't get it.
Re: Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by JackOfAllTrades: 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2018
mekaboy:
so what happens when he wields the highest power in the entire country? Does he then become the most evil or the least evil. Your logic is just appalling

1 Like

Re: Why Would Anyone Vote Atiku Or Buhari??? by Carlyscales: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
JackOfAllTrades:

I understand ur passion and line of reasoning. U n other well meaning Nigerians are in the ideal world but the reality is as illustrated below:

In this election any vote that is not for PDP, is a vote for Buhari.

Having lived, schooled n worked in all parts of Nigeria. I can tell u that the block votes of northern n southern followers of Buhari will remain intact.
Example is if u have ever tried convincing a supporter of Buhari??

But it's d vote of most Nigerians (me n u) that are fed up with Buhari n Atiku that will be divided amongst Moghalu, Sowore, Ezekwesili, Durotoye, Hashim , Duke etc

Infact how many of these mushroom political parties have any meaningful structures in d North?
They should go to the North and converse for votes now( after all NW has the highest no of eligible voters naa)

Now looking at Oby, Moghalu, Sowore and others sef:
They want to rule Nigeria but can't even amongst themselves get a consensus candidate for maximum impact at the pools. Even their umpire Oby is now also contesting.

No matter how good, spiritual, tongue n sweet talking u are as a young pastor no big n serious church will just call u n make u their senior pastor. U gat to start from small or their village church work d ropes, earn their trust n Work ur way up. So I strongly believe some of these young talking strong chaps should start from like Senate, HOS etc.

Y is everyone irrespective of tribe n religion hailing d choice of Peter Obi as running mate today in Nigeria. Simply that he has passed his exams as a state Gov period.
He vowed by d time he's done with reforms in secondary schools in d state , many Anambrians with all money to afford private schools will have to withdraw their wards from private to secular schools due to improved standards. And that actually happened B4 he finished his second term.

So with all due respect to them none of these parties have what it takes to dislodge Buhari in 2019. Because they simply don't have d structures n people. In every nook n crannies of this nation u will find APC n PDP people. Did know that in Osun rerun election, one of d observers was describing a polling unit that's far away from d village n like 30min trek into d bush( obviously not motorable even to their SUVs) It's that serious my dr.

They be serious n patrioticoo, with capacity as well oo. But there coming out now is foolish. Because they are still working to d benefit of Buhari indirectly.

So obviously, Atiku may not be the best candidate amidst all the political aspirants but he's d only that has what it takes to dislodge Buhari in 019

Just look at d results in Edo, Ekiti n Osun it's still PDP n APC. Even SDP that made some impact in Osun was all about Omisore than SDP. That's y when it came to selling votes he went ahead and sold to d highest bidder without any regards, respect or approval from d natl leadership of SDP.

The ideal is that with Moghalu, Oby, Datti Ahmed etc as president n our leaders. Nigeria will turn around. But the reality is that Nigerians are not moved by ideas but by their needs n stomachs. And u can't expect more with the level of poverty in this country. Poor people are simply moved by their stomachs and so is Nigerians, a pity though.

But the way forward is simple:
If Buhari n APC Know that Nigerians can reject them after 4yrs, will they be denying promises they made B4 elections n taking Nigerians for granted??

So I say since the nijja politicians don't owe allegiance to any political ideologies or convictions. I say let d voters be the same(not supporting any party or candidate blindly) by changing them (party n presidents)

PDP failed we sent them packing. Now APC has failed let's booth them out n bring back PDP. If Atiku fails send him packing n bring back APC. That's how it's done in US where we borrowed ours democracy from - switching between Democrats n Republicans. If every of our politicians n party know that they can loose after 4yrs. No one will tell them to sit up n deliver good governance period.

One of the main reasons y APC shamelessly had this kind of primaries is because they dont have any regard to the average voter out there. They believe with d massive followership PMB has, they'll be returned to power. They believe with all state security outfits in d hands of their crooks n not professionals ready to do the job, the dirty work will be done in their favor. They believe by making everyone believe PDP are thieves and are responsible for all their failures now n beyond 2019, we'll gulibly believe them n vote them.

So, let's keep giving every president one tenure until we get one who deserves a second tenure. Most people that still supports this APC govt can't convince any one that PMB deserves a 2nd term and that he's really in charge of his govt n party sef.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Performance In The North Against Northern Opponents / Plots of Lands for sale with C of O in Kuje, Abuja. by Centenary City. / 2019: I’ll Rather Die Than Join APC Or Bow To Buhari – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.