Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate (30379 Views)

Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by nelronaldo(m): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
When people said Igbos rise up against themselves, i never believed. Why is this a fuss? Is it the party leaders from the South east that is to decide who will be VP or the presidential candidate? If Atiku had chosen someone from the South west, nothing would have happened. The south east leaders will still campaign for them. So what is their problem? Can they be united for once?

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by KingKingKing: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2018
#ATIKUlatedOBItuary Imminent

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Racoon(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
This is how statemen mediate in crisis within the polity and not the warped, vindictive & tyrannical approach by a primitive president.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by SOLUTION99(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2018
BafanaBafana:
See the way they are supporting PDP with all their muscles. When Buhari wins, they will start start demanding for SGF slot and Chief of Army staff position.
LIFELESS COMMENT.
GO AND ATIKULATE YOUR HOUSEHOLD

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by sammyj: 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2018
Even GEJ is still playing politics after all the mess he got us into. Anyways click likes if you believe Obi is the best choice for Atiku and click share if believe otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by GentleMoney: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2018
benuejosh:
Igbos are never United. Yet they cry fowl at all times. Haba! Imagine a Man from South South (outsider) coming to intervene in their Eastern (Family) Matter.
Hmmm..
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
They shouldn't beg anybody in Igboland, Atiku should focus on NW and SW
the rest are workover

Love this.

I wonder who they are begging
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by BigBrother9ja: 10:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
Pekele007:

While your own faceless and nameless tribe is the most useless tribe in Nigeria. Deal with it.

Always talking as if their is a tribe devoid of fights and disagreements. You need sense, plenty of it.
But I agree with op

Osu people have never been united
Always stabbing each other in the back cool

Ojukwu and kanu in my mind.

Ojukwu never even won in his own constituency then... It's a shame!
See biacan too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by arabbunkum: 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2018
Don't mind the selfish and myopic south east governors. Whether they like it or not, we must #atikulate come 2019
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Westaslave2(f): 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ara gbagbuo ikpeazu ,umahi na orobo! Idiots ,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by chronique(m): 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2018
Why is he begging them? The people of the east should vote against any governor who opposes Peter Obi as Atiku's vice. Since they want to work against Atiku, the people should also work against them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Dinho20(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
garux:
The igbos as usual putting all their eggs in one basket. Hope we wont hear marginalisation and clamour for amajiris after buhari lose next year election.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Westaslave2(f): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2018
sammyj:
Even GEJ is still playing politics after all the mess he got us into. Anyways click likes if you believe Obi is the best choice for Atiku and click share if believe otherwise.
anu which mess?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Dinho20(m): 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
BafanaBafana:
See the way they are supporting APC with all their muscles. When Atiku wins, they will start start demanding for SGF slot and Chief of Army staff position.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Smile4daddy(m): 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
So just because Buhari wasn't able to remedy in 3 years, what has taken 16 years to cause, I should then return to the people that caused it shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by killdiabetes(f): 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2018
Nigeria shall be great again!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Eponyeeboz: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Lol
Igbos are just making a fool of themselves.

Even Atiku is regretting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Enugupikin:
Former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has appealed to the leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South East zone to support the party’s presidential candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in his choice of Mr. Peter Obi as his running mate, to ensure victory for PDP in next year’s general elections.

The former President’s appeal followed a statement issued on Saturday by leaders of the party in the zone stating that they were not properly consulted before Obi’s nomination was made public.

In a statement addressed to party members which he personally signed, the former President counseled against insisting on obtaining a zonal endorsement for a vice presidential nomination, adding that it is the prerogative of the Presidential candidate to select the candidate he believes will help him to achieve his vision and goals for the nation.

A statement issued by Mr. Ikechukwu Eze, the former President’s spokesman quoted Dr. Jonathan thus: “I therefore want to directly appeal to my brothers and sisters from the South East zone who are members of our party to reconsider their position and allow the presidential candidate of the PDP to select a candidate he thinks he can work with to be able to achieve the party’s development goals.

Since Atiku has already nominated Mr. Peter Obi as his running mate, I am pleading with my party members from the zone to accept his choice.”

Below is the full statement issued by Dr. Jonathan:
“I thank members of our great party for the successful conduct of the primaries for the various elective positions ahead of the 2019 general elections. By holding transparent, peaceful and rancor-free convention and primaries across the country, our party has once more, taken the nation’s democratic exercise a notch higher, in line with our well-established tradition of deepening the growth of democracy in our nation.

“I again congratulate all our candidates for various positions, including Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who was overwhelmingly elected by our delegates as the flag bearer of our party in the 2019 presidential election. The popularity and positive reviews of the exercise across the country is a clear demonstration of national endorsement for the choices we made, going into the 2019 elections.

“The task before us is to build on this firm foundation and momentum by pulling in one direction and working assiduously for the victory of these candidates at the polls.

It is against this backdrop that I appeal for calm and understanding in the South East where my attention has been drawn to the fact that some leaders of our party are openly expressing their discomfort with the reported nomination of former Governor of Anambra State Peter Obi as Atiku’s running mate. I am told that some of our leaders in the zone have raised issues with the process of consultation that produced the Vice Presidential candidate.

“I affirm that consultation is a key ingredient in every political process. Nonetheless, in the selection of a vice presidential candidate, a presidential candidate is allowed reasonable freedom to select his running mate based on loyalty, trust, experience, temperament and capacity to perform the responsibilities of the office. Anything other than this could create tension and acrimony between the presidential candidate and his running mate, even before
the inauguration of the government.

My plea is for Alhaji Atiku Abubakar to be given a free hand to choose who he wants to work with as his Vice President without putting him through undue pressure. In this regard, only minimal consultation is required which doesn’t necessarily have to involve full regional review and approval.

“We have to be careful not to give the impression that the process of selecting a Vice Presidential candidate cannot progress until a regional stamp of approval is formally procured. The system we are used to right from the First Republic is one that places the choice of a running mate at the behest of the candidate, based on his own convictions on capacity and compatibility.

“From my political history beginning from Deputy Governor to President, I can say that this is the tradition and standard practice in countries where either the President and his Vice or Governor and his Deputy contest election on a common slate. In such instance, once a candidate emerges, he or she is given a free hand to select the person who understands his vision and plans for the country, as his running mate.

I therefore want to directly appeal to my brothers and sisters from the South East zone who are members of our party to reconsider their position and allow the presidential candidate of our party to select a candidate he thinks he can work with to be able to achieve the party’s development goals. Since Atiku has nominated Mr. Peter Obi as his running mate, I am pleading with my party members from the zone to accept his choice.”

https://puoreports.com/2018/10/14/accept-atikus-choice-of-running-mate-goodluck-begs-south-east-leaders/
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Antichristus: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Since 1999 when the military returned to their barracks, Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari have respectively failed to deliver and voters haven’t seen the dividends of democracy as should have been the case. What Nigerians need to do is adopt populism as a political ideology to enable a completely fresh blood into the political arena. None of these vultures have the interests of the common man in their minds and hearts. Dump the political establishments and form a people’s party led by a successful career person with people and managerial skills. Until populism overthrows the political statusquo in Nigeria, you guys are intergenerationally doomed.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Eponyeeboz: 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
nelronaldo:
When people said Igbos rise up against themselves, i never believed. Why is this a fuss? Is it the party leaders from the South east that is to decide who will be VP or the presidential candidate? If Atiku had chosen someone from the South west, nothing would have happened. The south east leaders will still campaign for them. So what is their problem? Can they be united for once?

The greatest enemy of an Igbo man is another Igbo man.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Dinho20(m): 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2018
Eponyeeboz:
Lol
hausas are just making a fool of themselves.

Even Atiku is regretting.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by EvilMetahuman: 10:18pm On Oct 14, 2018
KingKingKing:
#ATIKUlatedOBItuary Imminent
atikulated obituary ke grin grin

Now this is more like it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by tiger28: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2018
Igbos should BE ASHAMED of themselves at this CRITICAL POINT......... see them fighting each other and election isnt here yet o. Ipob says left , Ohanaeze says right, massob says middle....... Confused Clowns of Africa[Alariwo of Africa] !
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by jumpandpas(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
benuejosh:
Igbos are never United. Yet they cry fowl at all times. Haba! Imagine a Man from South South (outsider) coming to intervene in their Eastern (Family) Matter.

Afonja unity caused them Kwara State.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by famology(m): 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
boss1310:
its laughable when people who don't live in Igbo land talk as if they know us even fellow Igbos too
For those who don't know Igbo's hate buhari and his party APC and no matter any Igbo man or even a yoruba that PDP presents Igbo's will still vote for them.If anambra people can reject a populist like Ngige cos of his party that will show you the loath we have for Buhari
this issue of obi acceptance or not will later die and whether they continue with him or not south east and south south is PDP including Imo once the election is free and fair
Buhari shot himself in the foot when he allowed okorocha to have his way in installing his man as APC candidate thereby alienating other members who are now jumping to PDP

Your brother,okorocha won second tenure on the same Apc platform, you claim your ibo brothers and sisters hate so much.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by tiger28: 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2018
garux:
The igbos as usual putting all their eggs in one basket. Hope we wont hear marginalisation and clamour for biafra after atikuchukwu lose next year election.
I will laugh tire! Yorubas and Hausas will ALWAYS win if APC or PDP wins because they have almost equal numbers in both party
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by zidek(m): 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
I dnt see atiku winning 2019 presidential poll, unless he will buy my voter's card with #1million! Buhari all the way!!!

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by freshvine(f): 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2018
The Southeast Governors Held A Meeting And Delivered Block Votes To Atiku At The Convention. Its Appropriate Atiku Consult Them In His Choice Of Running Mate. Without Them Tambuwal Will Be The Standard Bearer Now

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by Elliot2(m): 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2018
Pekele007:

Make a research and try fix your village problems let me fix mine.

You have spiritual problem, meet a babalawo asap.
Igbo man n mouth! go fix up ur greedy selves.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by IamAtikulate: 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
GEJisBOKO:
confused tribe
Mynd44
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate by boss1310(m): 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
famology:

Your brother,okorocha won second tenure on the same Apc platform, you claim your ibo brothers and sisters hate so much.
who is arguing about that but if you incisively read my comments you will understand that he also destroyed that party recently but most importantly don't forget that okorocha gained the power of incumbency the first time using APGA.it was that power of incumbency that helped him win second term in an election the whole world knows was rigged massively

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ENDSARS: Turkish Authorities Deny Nigerians Permission For Protest / Aisha Yesufu: APC Didn't Get 25% In Lagos State (Video) / IGP Vs Saraki: What Buhari Told Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.