Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,302 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) (26988 Views)

Update On Awka Millennium City (photos) / Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Carlyscales: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
LaBozz:
Really. That's my home and I lived in GRA. The roads were not in that manner while Oshiomole was governor. Barely two years now I have been out of naija and I am shocked to see this.
Ehnnnn!
Obviously Osho didn't do d road.
Because if he did, the road couldn't have gone bad in 2yrs

It can only be due to mud used to construct the road or acidic rain that caused this damage??
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by wink2015(m): 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
omo1478:
Chai Osho rek dis pple no bi small

I THINK THE BLAME SHOULD GO TO EX-GOVERNOR LUCKY IGBENEDION FOR THE POOR FINANCIAL STATE OF EDO STATE COUPLED WITH THE LACK OF GOOD AND MOTORABLE ROAD NETWORK IN EDO STATE.

Lucky Igbenedion spent 8 years diverting the funds of Edo state to his father business dynasty.

Comrade Adams Oshiomole met a bad situation on ground.

Edo state was a promising state that was milked to finish by the IGBENEDION DYNASTY AND THEIR SYCOPHANTS.

2 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
Damn! This is just a few of them bad roads in Benin,u forgot to add the one at boundry after lucky's brother's house(former governor of edostate) and the one just opposite Mandarin bakery just close to Odubu's house(oshiomholes deputy) meanwhile I was inside dat truck.That was on Friday last week.

2 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2018
Born2Breed:

Vbo na ta? What are you saying? Name the poor people roads Oshiomole did in Benin city? They are all the same from Luckylooter to stupid Osunbor who did a round about in a narrow road at Agbado market to the thieving midget Oshiomo'OLE and this sleeping governor Obaseki.

Roads oshiomole constructed includes...

sapele road

airport road

akpakpava road

mission road

oba market road

upper mission road

iyaro road

uselu road

ring road/round about

2nd east circular road

e.t.c

those small one's naim I fit remember abeg the man try

service lanes at ugbowo road

2 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by martineverest(m): 3:40pm On Oct 15, 2018
Omeokachie:
Oshi-omoh-OLE cheesy

Oshi-omoh-OLE was a two-term governor abi?
Obaseki has been governor for 2yrs abi?

Watch as they blame PDP for this one cheesy
use ur head... oshiomole refused to work on GRA road because of one good reason.....

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Afonja007: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
benin suppose to be like dubai i swear, edo state 4 milllion in populatlon 2,5 millon of them are in europe and libya sending dollars to benin 24/7 where is all the money?

2 Likes

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Omeokachie: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
martineverest:
use ur head... oshiomole refused to work on GRA road because of one good reason.....

One good reason you can't share?

Another idiot jumps to my mention cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by martineverest(m): 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2018
sexiestharam:
Adams Oshiomole "installed" Obaseki to cover his tracks. Instead of Obaseki to ease lives for his citizens, he makes it harder with some funny laws. Trekking is now the norm of the day in Benin. Even old people trek. grin. You ban buses from parking in most places without creating adequate bus packs for the populace. There was a party (APC). There was a country!
ur comment shows how useless u are........

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by samwash(m): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
Oshomole deliberately left the roads in GRA to rot, except for Airport road & very few other roads.
Most roads in that GRA need side drainage.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Born2Breed(f): 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2018
Edoloaded:

Roads oshiomole constructed includes...

sapele road

airport road

akpakpava road

mission road

oba market road

upper mission road

iyaro road

uselu road

ring road/round about

2nd east circular road

e.t.c

those small one's naim I fit remember abeg the man try

service lanes at ugbowo road

You see my people.

Covering roads already motorable roads with asphalt na that one be try?
What of textile mill road, Upper sakponba,evbareke,uwelu.....and more wey I not fit remember.

8yrs is not too small to fix the whole of Benin City. Bros, Benin city small na to still get bad roads here and there after 8yrs of the man that claims the Messiah of Edo state.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by donvicky2007: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2018
nosiebaba:
It amazes me how people think they can develop a place with no drainage network in place. Heaping investments for flood to damage.

It has been a common practice in Benin, virtually 80% of the street don't have drainage.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by arsenalLUVA: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
Obaseki is a disaster of a governor. I wonder why it hasn't come to the national fore. That man is just something else. When he came in, he concentrated on roads in GRA(so he said). I'm surprised the roads are this deplorable. Even the roads he manages to construct are an eyesore. Sometimes I wonder if these people don't have eyes. He saw the wonderful roads Oshiomhole constructed, but he decides to go below par. TV road as at the last time I visited was taking donkey years, I don't know if he has finally concluded the construction.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by arsenalLUVA: 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
Born2Breed:

You see my people.

What of textile mill road, Upper sakponba,evbareke,uwelu.....and more wey I not fit remember.

8yrs is not too small to fix the whole of Benin City. Bros, Benin city small na to still get bad roads here and there after 8yrs of the man that claims the Messiah of Edo state.

Mr man are you insane? Like is something wrong with you? Bar Ogbemudia(still debatable),Oshiomhole is the best governor Edo state has had.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
Born2Breed:

You see my people.

how much u think say be the cost to fix road.. you think say na 2 million... lol wetin be Edo state Igr..

plus other roads wey e do around Edo state for auchi ekpoma etc... or you think say na only Benin city dey edo

1 Like

Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Born2Breed(f): 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
arsenalLUVA:

Mr man are you insane? Like is something wrong with you? Bar Ogbemudia(still debatable),Oshiomhole is the best governor Edo state has had.

Your father is a woman and your mother is a man. What gave this slowpoke the audacity to throw insultative jibe at his betters.

Dem dey kick you start? These street urchins at ring road who collects stipends from their agbero lords will come online with their cheap phones to type gibberish.

Debate but dont dare insult me. Devil baptize ur father?!
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Born2Breed(f): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Edoloaded:

how much u think say be the cost to fix road.. you think say na 2 million... lol wetin be Edo state Igr..

plus other roads wey e do around Edo state for auchi ekpoma etc... or you think say na only Benin city dey edo

Benin city is the pride of Edo. Most economic activities takes place in Benin,the best these governors could do is make the state capital a beffiting place.
Aside IGR we all know how much loans the previous administration took but there is absolute nothing to show for it.
It's the duty of the government to fix roads not individuals,waiting for the residents of GRA to fix roads is no brainer.
There are billionaires in Lekki axis in Lagos but the government still fix the roads.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by arsenalLUVA: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
Born2Breed:

Your father is a woman and your mother is a man. What gave this slowpoke the audacity to throw insultative jibe at his betters.

Dem dey kick you start? These street urchins at ring road who collects stipends from their agbero lords will come online with their cheap phones to type gibberish.

Debate but dont dare insult me. Devil baptize ur father?!

Vituperations and aspersions aside, If you were in Benin as at 2008 before Oshiomhole took over the reins of leadership, you won't come up with your initial hogwash. Edo state was an eyesore and I mean EYESORE! The roads Oshiomhole worked on are too much to mention that I can't even remember some. He touched all sectors of the state but like all Nigerian politicians, he had his shortcomings.

Government is continum and Obaseki is a disaster when compared to Oshiomhole. If Obaseki started the same way Oshio started, we would've been here to testify. The same roads you mentioned are still there, what has Obaseki done about them? I'm sure you know how 3rd was, how 2nd was, how 5 junction was, how tomline was, how Siluko was, how New benin-Lagos road was? They're too numerous to mention and you come here to say "it's just asphalt laying". See ehn, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to a topic, just lay low and observe instead of coming to mess yourself up in public glare.

And lastly, have you seen a street urchin as averse as I am? You're really intellectually inept my dear.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by servercodes001: 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
See yeye place , na dis u call GRA , lol one ghetto for my state fine Pass dis

Mumu place
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by IMASTEX: 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2018
Almaiga:
What do you expect when the present Governor has slept and abandoned his duties. grin
The guy has been handicapped by his predecessor "Oshom-ole" who zeroed the treasury in a bid to secure his relevance at the Federal level.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by MabraO: 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
First topic coming from Benin that past page 1 and entered page 3
Wow! Only negative news travels fast.
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by XaintJoel20: 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
BlackAfrican:
That ugly governor will claim to be working and go sleeping on international meetings.... This guy never know say him surpose work pass Oshiomole... Good he isn't owing workers sha

Obaseki is the best time to have happened to Edo State for a very long time.

The man is working...
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Pat081: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2018
Op dis one Na good road go to some states in South West or osun state and see baddest roads
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by blackmercyvelli(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
Blame your governor
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Diso60090(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2018
LaBozz:

Upper ke. I grew up in Etete bro.

Talk truth
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by enomakos(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
sexiestharam:
Adams Oshiomole "installed" Obaseki to cover his tracks. Instead of Obaseki to ease lives for his citizens, he makes it harder with some funny laws. Trekking is now the norm of the day in Benin. Even old people trek. grin. You ban buses from parking in most places without creating adequate bus packs for the populace. There was a party (APC). There was a country!
trekking is good for health sis
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by ifiokjohn(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
rozayx5:
Lol

GRA in Benin cheesy grin

Looks like a "slum" in uyo
guy how can you say that? Uyo never reach Benin abeg o..We still de grow
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by ThatErha: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
What a G.R.A!!!...
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by popizaino(m): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
These are world class roads compared to the roads in ekpoma,irrua.

Still wondering which states has more bad roads between edo and osun self ?
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Favor99(m): 4:10am On Oct 16, 2018
UD101:
Josh na wetin b this nah, was expecting to see very very bad roads. Come to Owerri and see wt I call bad roads

Stonerobaba:
This one na bad road? come and see bad roads in Lagos.
@Autojosh
Exactly! There are so many roads worse than this throughout Nigeria, but because its Edo State, some wicked set of tribalists want to put this front page. Why not show the bad roads in other parts of Nigeria and put that front page. Whats so special about this.
An ordinary armed robbers that burgle houses and rob people throughout the 36 states, if it happens in the other 35 states they don't put it front page, but if it happens in Edo this wicked tribalists will paste it front page.

The kind of negative news about Edo that they put front page is too ordinary and is common across many states.
They just want to put a disporportinate amount of negative news about Edo.

Nigeria you are being divided anyhow by a wicked set of people and co-consipirators and Nigerian lackeys to the enemy
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 4:56am On Oct 16, 2018
Favor99:

@Autojosh
Exactly! There are so many roads worse than this throughout Nigeria, but because its Edo State, some wicked set of tribalists want to put this front page. Why not show the bad roads in other parts of Nigeria and put that front page. Whats so special about this.
An ordinary armed robbers that burgle houses and rob people throughout the 36 states, if it happens in the other 35 states they don't put it front page, but if it happens in Edo this wicked tribalists will paste it front page.

The kind of negative news about Edo that they put front page is too ordinary and is common across many states.
They just want to put a disporportinate amount of negative news about Edo.

Nigeria you are being divided anyhow by a wicked set of people and co-consipirators and Nigerian lackeys to the enemy

why are you taking it PERSONAL?

Do edo people get bad press on this forum like Igbos?

Abeg go and rest with your paranoia
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Favor99(m): 5:42am On Oct 16, 2018
Ugosample:

why are you taking it PERSONAL?

Do edo people get bad press on this forum like Igbos?

Abeg go and rest with your paranoia
Brother, I know what Im saying
Re: The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) by Lawbaron: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2018
sexiestharam:
Brother, you are the first person i have see who do not like the less congested ring road. If i were him, I would even ban those lawless bus drivers who do not have a single regard for traffic laws and then instill the taxi system. At least now, obaseki no dey owe workers. Some other state workers never see eighteen months salary for eye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Vehicle Can Be Impounded If You Neglect This Traffic Direction (photo) / Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long / BRT Vehicle Crushes Man To Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.