Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase (1696 Views)

See What Is Left Of The N31m Dodge Challenger SRT American Rapper Offset Crashed / Is Grand Caravan A Good Jeep To Buy / This U.S AF's Special Ops Supercar,Dodge Challenger Vapor Will Blow Your Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Successisaac19: 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
I am about to take dodge grand caravan car 2003 on hire purchase. What is your advice,experinces(personal or 2nd or third party) asap reply will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by nurey(m): 7:00am On Oct 16, 2018
Successisaac19:
I am about to take dodge grand caravan car 2003 on hire purchase. What is your advice,experinces(personal or 2nd or third party) asap reply will be appreciated. Thanks

That car is not meant for the rigours of knock about vehicle. Its a nice car with very good space and ease of use gadgets but I would advice you don't have it in mind to utilise it for transportation business especially inter state.
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Successisaac19: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2018
nurey:

That car is not meant for the rigours of knock about vehicle. Its a nice car with very good space and ease of use gadgets but I would advice you don't have it in mind to utilise it for transportation business especially inter state.
want to use it for intra state....and please elaborate more thanks
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by nurey(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2018
Successisaac19:
want to use it for intra state....and please elaborate more thanks

mpg not so great

body won't hold the stress

engine not common and electrical should not be messed with.

you shouldn't be considering this vehicle but if you don't have a choice you can have a go at it and test run for a month or two.
I also hope it's not nigerian used
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Alvin007: 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
Nurey has said it all... I still have a 2000 model. Vehicle runs great. But, it’s notorious for excessive fuel consumption..esp the V6 variant. Rear shocks ain’t that durable, fuel gauge usually gets faulty...
I doubt if it’s good for intra state shuttle. You could try a Sienna, Previa or a Picnic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Successisaac19: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
nurey:

mpg not so great

you shouldn't be considering this vehicle but if you don't have a choice you can have a go at it and test run for a month or two.
it has been used for a while in Nigeria....with what you have said I'm changing my mind because I wanted to take it and run for at least two years to get the money for another good one
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Successisaac19: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
Alvin007:
Nurey has said it all... I still have a 2000 model. Vehicle runs great. But, it’s notorious for excessive fuel consumption..esp the V6 variant. Rear shocks ain’t that durable, fuel gauge usually gets faulty...
I doubt if it’s good for intra state shuttle. You could try a Sienna, Previa or a Picnic.
that's the same colour but it is 2003 and v6 too
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Alvin007: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
nurey:

mpg not so great

On the contrary, it is well built and structured to hold/withstand stress.
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by nurey(m): 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
Alvin007:

On the contrary, it is well built and structured to hold/withstand stress.

personal use yes, public use my guy it will fall apart. A man in my university days used this same vehicle, the door paddings are first to start coming off due to frequent open and close
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Alvin007: 8:00am On Oct 17, 2018
nurey:

personal use yes, public use my guy it will fall apart. A man in my university days used this same vehicle, the door paddings are first to start coming off due to frequent open and close
Lmao @ ‘fall apart’....I’ve had this one for about 11 years, although it is hardly driven. It has only covered 8k miles since 2007. Mind you, the container that brought it into the country, offloaded it right in front of my house..(it was meant to be my dad’s ride, but he abandoned it few months later, coz he felt Twas too boring to drive).
About the door paddings, yes..they might fall off..but I was referring to the struts, bearings, engine and suspension(with the exception of the rear). It’s quite a fragile-rugged vehicle. grin cheesy
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by CityNGR: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2018
Alvin007:
If that car consumes more than the previa ...it should not be used for commercial purposes. Previa kwa..a total fuel guzzler
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by CityNGR: 8:20am On Oct 17, 2018
Alvin007:

Lmao @ ‘fall apart’....I’ve had this one for about 11 years, although it is hardly driven. It has only covered 8k miles since 2007. Mind you, the container that brought it into the country, offloaded it right in front of my house..(it was meant to be my dad’s ride, but he abandoned it few months later, coz he felt Twas too boring to drive).
About the door paddings, yes..they might fall off..but I was referring to the struts, bearings, engine and suspension(with the exception of the rear). It’s quite a fragile-rugged vehicle. grin cheesy

Classic oxymoron... "Fragile-rugged vehicle"

1 Like

Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by nurey(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2018
Alvin007:

you keep car for house like artifact dey call am rugged. help the op nah since daddy has abandoned it let him use it for test drive grin
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Successisaac19: 10:17am On Oct 17, 2018
nurey:

you keep car for house like artifact dey call am rugged. help the op nah since daddy has abandoned it let him use it for test drive grin
Abi o.....
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Alvin007: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2018
CityNGR:

If that car consumes more than the previa ...it should not be used for commercial purposes. Previa kwa..a total fuel guzzler
Previa..fuel guzzler?....then you should try this Grand Caravan.. lipsrsealed
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Alvin007: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2018
Successisaac19:
Abi o.....
nurey:

I see....lemme think about it. I wanted to sell it few years ago, but I got ludicrous offers..hence, I decided to retain it.
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by CityNGR: 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
Alvin007:

Previa..fuel guzzler?....then you should try this Grand Caravan.. lipsrsealed
I always respect myself and my account!!
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by Successisaac19: 6:00am On Oct 19, 2018
CityNGR:

I always respect myself and my account!!
how sir?
Re: Advice On Dodge Grand Caravan 2003 For Hire Purchase by CityNGR: 8:11am On Oct 19, 2018
Successisaac19:
how sir?
Buy it first.... you'll understand.

(1) (Reply)

Enquiry About Road Worthiness / Key Cutting/programming - Toyota Camry / Toyota Highlander Options?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.