Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Enquiry About Road Worthiness - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Enquiry About Road Worthiness (1686 Views)

Lagos Installs More Cameras To Track Vehicle Certificates, Road Worthiness / Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? / Photo Of The New Lagos Road Worthiness Certificate Issued Last Week Friday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enquiry About Road Worthiness by daylay7(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2022
Hello,
I have a Lagos number plate but due to the nature of my job, I may not have the time and be able to face the rigorous inspection stuff. My movement is usually between Lagos, Oyo and Ogun state.
I want to know if Ogun state Road worthiness on Lagos number plate is tenable in Lagos?
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by McLizbae: 7:54am On Oct 03, 2022
Yes.

1 Like

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by ospreywin(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2022
daylay7:
Hello,
I have a Lagos number plate but due to the nature of my job, I may not have the time and be able to face the rigorous inspection stuff. My movement is usually between Lagos, Oyo and Ogun state.
I want to know if Ogun state Road worthiness on Lagos number plate is tenable in Lagos?
Nope, you will be booked by the ANPR camera

3 Likes

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by diportivo: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
McLizbae:
Yes.

e sure for u gan oo

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by ayanjamz: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
daylay7:
Hello,
..... It is not tenable ooo

1 Like

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by McLizbae: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2022
E don tey nah... cool
diportivo:

e sure for u gan oo
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by daylay7(m): 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
ayanjamz:

Hhmmmm. This is sad. The document should be the same through out the federations.
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by daylay7(m): 11:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
ayanjamz:

So, that means I have to get the Lagos RW since I am using the Lagos plate?
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by critic007(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2022
daylay7:

Yes..u will have to find time and visit any of the inspection centres closer to you. I just did mine... Ensure your brakes are working very well, the whole suspension system actually..then your lights, wipers and you l be good to go. Have your mechanic service your brake calipers before going for inspection. Insufficient braking force are the common issues I noticed when I went there.

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by ayanjamz: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2022
Yes ooo... Since the number plate is Lagos, u must get the RW at any Lagos office but if u want to be driving the Lagos plate number car in other states apart from Lagos then, u can get the RW anywhere.
daylay7:

1 Like

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by ayanjamz: 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
Na Naija u dey... Lagos State want to be keeping its own money. They want to starve FG. grin
daylay7:

Hhmmmm. This is sad. The document should be the same through out the federations.

1 Like

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by 64kent: 6:07pm On Feb 15
so i just got caught on camera and they sent me a 20k ticket for driving without road worthiness i disputed it and sent them my rw done in ogun state as i was there when my rw expired they removed my ticket but them still dey threathen me yenyen say make i do am for lagos .......my question is if i no dey lagos when my paper expire make i no do am for state wey i dey ?
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by 64kent: 6:08pm On Feb 15
see wetin dem talk

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by McLizbae: 9:49am On Feb 17
Well, since you shuttle Lagos and other state, you may need to try and do Lagos RW on ur Lagos plate. But if u operated outside Lagos, I believe other states' RW will work for you.
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by Dtruthspeaker: 5:51pm On Feb 17
64kent:
see wetin dem talk

i believe you are in the right. The Law is that you should have RW, and you have it. No one has a right to dictate that you must have it only in a certain place.

Thats why this country is dead, Nigerians never learn that no one is going to give you your rights if they are not ready to kill their oppressors for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by HenryWilliams(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17
Dtruthspeaker:

i believe you are in the right. The Law is that you should have RW, and you have it. No one has a right to dictate that you must have it only in a certain place.

Thats why this country is dead, Nigerians never learn that no one is going to give you your rights if they are not ready to kill their oppressors for it.

If your plate number is Lagos with a Lagos based address . Do your Road Worthiness in Lagos else the ANPR will flag it and generate ticket for you
Don't listen to anyone telling u different.
Lagos RWC is unique
Other states don't do physical inspection. Just pay and get certificate.
Ogun is notorious for such.
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by HenryWilliams(m): 9:19pm On Feb 17
64kent:
so i just got caught on camera and they sent me a 20k ticket for driving without road worthiness i disputed it and sent them my rw done in ogun state as i was there when my rw expired they removed my ticket but them still dey threathen me yenyen say make i do am for lagos .......my question is if i no dey lagos when my paper expire make i no do am for state wey i dey ?

RWC can be paid for online. You can pay and print .take it to any LASVIC center you choose. when you're in Lagos, go and do it .
Ignorance is no defence
Re: Enquiry About Road Worthiness by Dtruthspeaker: 8:48pm On Feb 18
HenryWilliams:

If your plate number is Lagos with a Lagos based address . Do your Road Worthiness in Lagos else the ANPR will flag it and generate ticket for you
Don't listen to anyone telling u different.
Lagos RWC is unique
Other states don't do physical inspection. Just pay and get certificate.
Ogun is notorious for such.

Lagos is not a country, its a state in Nigeria. And The Law of Nigeria supersedes whatver lagos would like. So Camera can generate all the ticket it wants, but as long as i have RW, no one has a right to touch me or my car.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Key Cutting/programming - Toyota Camry / Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) / Mazda Cx-7 Sport Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.