Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Question For The People Of Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question For The People Of Biafra (2560 Views)

Kanu Presents Map Of Biafra To Israeli Nation / Yul Edochie Meets Ralph Uwazuruike, 'The Supreme Leader Of Biafra' (Photos) / I Give It To Davido And The People Of The State Of Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by IamAtikulate: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
deomelo:

Who asked you to give Nigeria a chance? Stop over hyping your relevance and importance, your so called slave, victim way if life and freedom should be of paramount importance to you and Yoruba people and what they think shouldn't bother you or stand in your way if you really care about your so called freedom and biafra.

Good to know Yoruba people are so powerful that they pull your strings and decides when and how you fight for your self destructive freedom.

Funny how you Igbos made it your business per who Yoruba people supported and voted for and how you called them names like Hausa Fulani slaves and so on, but fast forward, you jokers with zero principles or any sense of direction or even personal convictions are all of a sudden the Hausa Fulani slaves and Nigeria is no longer a zoo.

This is why the rest of Nigeria hardly take you people seriously and also why you are always at the bottom of everything in Nigeria.

Can't wait to see you funny jokers return to your roadside ipob agitation in after your lose in 2019.
Yorubas became our business when their greed didn't allow them to mind their APC and started hustling for VP they don't deserve.

In all spheres of this national life, when placed on the same scale there is no where yorubas can beat us, even after fighting a devastating war.

You think you are relevant, then let meet at the polls even though you have NW on your side.

2 Likes

Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 17, 2018
enemybulldozer:
Tell buratai to do the needful on boko haram and Fulani herdsmen(which I know he is running from them because the bokos and herdsmen are equally armed) Tell him to stop flexing that his ant muscle on armless Igbo youths he should know that flexing muscle on armless youths is like a thirty-five year old adult flexing muscle on a five year old kid.

So you are not denying that if you lose the biafra noise will start again? Lol
Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 17, 2018
IamAtikulate:

Yorubas became our business when their greed didn't allow them to mind their APC and started hustling for VP they don't deserve.

In all spheres of this national life, when placed on the same scale there is no where yorubas can beat us, even after fighting a devastating war.

You think you are relevant, then let meet at the polls even though you have NW on your side.

Do you believe igbos are relevant now more than they were when they were fighting for Biafra?
Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by Validated: 4:18am On Oct 17, 2018
Runalong333:
Now that many are atikulating and the excitement over Peter Obi has taken over many parts of the east , does this mean the struggle for Biafra is nolonger relevant?. I'm happy that you guys want to embrace Nigeria for once, but what does this really say about you. You get one person put as VP and you abandon something that generations of your people have fought for ?. Can a man who abandons something he embraced as his identity for so long be trusted not to betray others , since he clearly has betrayed himself?. I'm not trying to insult you guys , but I really want to understand what this all means . For years we have been hearing how Yorubas are subservient to the North , was it all jealousy because you guys wanted to be the main servants of the north?.

Nb//

I'm as igbo as I am Yoruba .

You completely missed the point here and again most of you post on bias without trying to find the root cause of a matter. The Biafra struggle have never been to create a separate republic from Nigeria. Rather, it has always been about allowing regions control their resources and grow at their own pace. That was why we SS support the struggle!! However, when you keep insisting that the status quo cannot be changed, then you push people to the wall. Go and read about the Aburi declaration. Ojukwu and others did not want to create a republic but to allow eastern Region and other regions to develop at their own pace. This was agreed and all parties signed, but after the meeting, the West and North reneged on agreement, hence Easterners and South South sought a way out. hence, Biafra!! See extract from the Aburi Accord:

(i) "Members agree that the legislative and executive authority of the Federal Military Government should remain in the Supreme Military Council, to which any decision affecting the whole country shall be referred for determination provided that where it is possible for a meeting to be held the matter requiring determination must be referred to military governors for their comment and concurrence.

(ii) Specifically, the council agreed that appointments to senior ranks in the police, diplomatic, and consular services as well as appointment to superscale posts in the federal civil service and the equivalent posts in the statutory corporation must be approved by the Supreme Military Council.

(iii) The regional members felt that all the decrees passed since January 15, 1966, and which detracted from previous powers and positions of regional governments, should be repealed if mutual confidence is to be restored

The part that was contentious is Centralising the government structures thereby destroying regional powers and making Federal control all resources. This was the imbalance that the Biafrans fought for and still struggling for. Now this imbalance has made it possible for Niger Delta resources to be unfairly shared to Kano and Jigawa that have more Local Governments than about 4 states in SE/SS. Take for instance Bayelsa that has only 9 LGAs and Kano that has 44. While greater % of the incomes comes from Bayelsa, Kano gets 44 Parts, while Bayelsa that generated it gets 9 Parts. That is like making 90% and getting 20%. Is it Fair? Today, the Ogonis cannot ply their trades, Oloibiri has been raped and abandoned, etc. Visit the delta and see how much Nigeria has raped the region and people in the name of Centralised Federal system.

Now to your question as to why Easterners as well as those of us in SS support Atiku, it is simple. In 2014, GEJ attempted to give Nigeria a life line with the National Conference. Everyone, including your region went there and agreed on the principle of fairness, equity and justice. To drive that, they came up with the idea of restructuring the polity, resource control and management, etc. This is not new, rather it is just like, lets go back to pre-1966 constitutions that gave regions powers to grow at their own pace!! It was another attempt at resurrecting the Aburi Accord! But again ...

PMB got there and threw it into the dustbin, just as it was done to the first Aburi Accord, so that the status quo can continue. All Atiku has done to win the hearts of SS/SE/NC/Afenifere in SW was to rekindle hopes on restoration of the ideals of TRUE FEDERALISM.

Put simply, anyone against RESTRUCTURING is AGAINST NIGERIA. Because, not only SS/SE now see the need, but NC and a good % of Yorubas now see what "Biafra" saw 50 years ago. We have tried this federal system for 50 years and it is not working. My friend, insanity is doing same thing over and over and expect a different result. Let us try a restructured Nigeria and see which is better!!

1 Like

Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by enemybulldozer(m): 6:55am On Oct 17, 2018
Runalong333:

So you are not denying that if you lose the biafra noise will start again? Lol
That is not what I said. Is like you have comprehension issue.
Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
enemybulldozer:
That is not what I said. Is like you have comprehension issue.

What exactly were you saying then ?
Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by enemybulldozer(m): 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
Runalong333:

What exactly were you saying then ?
This is what I said....

Re: Question For The People Of Biafra by OnyeOGA(m): 7:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
Earthbound:
I think Biafra would implode because the Igbos don't have love for one another unless you're from the same state/local govt.

The smart ones have figured it out
Yorubas are the most stupid people i have ever encountered. Who told you that we abandoned our quest?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Governor Reiterates Commitment To Quality Education / BREAKING: DSS Makes U-turn / Coronavirus: Ooni Of Ife Discovers Cure For The Deadly Virus (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.