Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... (42536 Views)

Lalong Is Not Competent To Be VP, But Competent As Campaign DG / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate / Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by Dpharisee: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2018
Peter we know, Umahi who are you?

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by ashacot: 10:15am On Oct 17, 2018
i am igbo, but most of you that have commented here are mad.
So na like this una be? So they are real igbos and fake igbos? my gooness
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by madapcmod: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2018
achi4u:
I don't care where ur boy comes from, and u always says 'frequent inferiority complex, grudges and jealousy to who exactly?
As for development, you know that Anambra is not developed, there's no space for development. There are many wasteland, the remaining areas was already build up.
Look at Nnewi triangle with the little space there, they still want to build shopping mall making that place looks like hell on earth.
I don't want to say many things please.

Lol, the usual inferiority complex of Ebonyi timid villagers. If Anambra is not developed, where exactly in SE is developed? Ebonyi is d least developed state in d SE. So what's Ur point?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by mechanics(m): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2018
hmmmmm, his comment does not make sense, simply put, they want somebody that can bend to their bidding.

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by achi4u(m): 10:22am On Oct 17, 2018
Mandeyy:
Bro, stop insulting your bro. I live in Abakaliki, but i'm from Anambra, Anambra Central (Idemili North LGA) precisely. I detest Umahi's utterance about Peter Obi. This is cos nobody from Ebonyi State can match Peter Obi's pedigree. Obi is a man of the people, very humble and honest. However, Ebonyi doesn't fight Anambra. Our attitude towards them caused it. I was born and brought up in Abakaliki, and attended UNIZIK. Do you know that they hate Ebonyians seriously? They don't want to hear anything about Ebonyi State. Ignore the lie they always tell people that an Abakaliki man is brainless. It's not true. Poverty and neglect they experienced when in Anambra and Enugu made them dislike some Anambra people. You know that poverty can make a person reason awkwardly. But if you see an Ebonyi man now, the difference is very clear. They're now brainy, sensible, exposed unlike before. They have always been brainy, but poverty masked it before. Every civilization started like that. Some were civilized before others. Afterall, the Whites looked at us (Blacks) as brainless and senseless human beings, even till today. We are worth nothing to them even though we (blacks) have got some education.

The change of Abakaliki Street to Club Street is not good. Afterall, most of the streets in Abakaliki were named after Anambra people. Abakaliki Street seems to be the only street bearing Ebonyi name in the whole of Awka, if not Anambra entirely.

Concerning Nigercem, it was owned by five South Eastern States before. In fact, Ojukwu's father lived his last days at Nigercem, Nkalagu, and even died there. The issue there is that the other 4 states abandoned it later. In fact, they disowned it. Initially, Ibeto was allowed to start operations there, but he mismanaged everything. He and Ebonyi State Govt went to court. So, don't say what you don't know.

Ebonyi State is better than Anambra in welcoming strangers. Ebonyi people don't discriminate unlike our Anambra people who like to insult Abakaliki and Nsukka people as if they're the most sensible and intelligent of all people. You even exhibited it here. Ebonyi State has had 3 anambra people as comissioners and special advisers, one Imo person as a member, Ebonyi State House of Assembly, plus other lesser positions. Even in this Umahi administration, An Anambra man is a commissioner. My cousin was made a commissioner for Commerce and Industry. He was later made commissioner for Information during Elechi administration. He was handling the two portfolios concurrently towards the twilight of Elechi Administration. He would have continued with Umahi, but he had a problem with Umahi due to the fact that he's an Elechi man. We're from Anambra as i said earlier. Ebonyi people are good. Bad and greedy people are everywhere.
Thanks very much. You just ended this topic.
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by bestviewer: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2018
Ebonyi people are treated like 3rd class Nigerians all over Nigeria, not just in Igbo land. Once you say you are from Ebonyi state the mood of everyone around you will change.

3rd class Nigerians cheesy

Illegal hawking: Ebonyi urges Ambode to release indigenes

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has called on the Lagos State Government to release 180 Ebonyi indigenes held in Lagos for hawking.

Umahi made the call on Thursday in Abakaliki, when he received a delegation of Ebonyi indigenes residing in Onitsha, Anambra, who visited him over the plight of some indigenes of the town.

Umahi, represented by his deputy, Dr Kelechi Igwe, said the government was dismayed by the report from the Ebonyi Development Association in Lagos concerning incarcerated 180 indigenes.

“The 180 victims were accused of contravening a law of the Lagos State Government on street trading, but the intriguing aspect is that they had been incarcerated before the law was enacted.

“Most of them had spent over two years in incarceration before the law was enacted, but they were unfortunately charged under the same law.

“I will immediately consult and interact with my Lagos counterpart to ensure the immediate and unconditional release of the victims,” he said.

The governor said the days of treating Ebonyi citizens as second-class citizens in the country were over, saying the government would extend its empowerment schemes to its indigenes residing across the country.

“The government would immediately procure over 130 tricycles to enable hawkers of Ebonyi origin in Onitsha and environs to quit the trade and be gainfully employed.

“We would accommodate over 20 indigenes in Onitsha in our empowerment scheme, which would offer them a grant of N250,000 ea ch, to quit street trading and be gainfully employed.

The leader of the delegation and the governor’s Senior Technical Assistant, Onitsha Liaison Office, Mr Mathew Njoku, thanked the governor for the reception and pledged to contribute its quota to the state’s development.

“We thank you for graciously including Ebonyi indigenes in Onitsha and across the country in your empowerment schemes because it would help to eradicate the humiliating experiences they undergo while hawking and engaging in other menial jobs.”

https://punchng.com/illegal-hawking-ebonyi-urges-ambode-to-release-indigenes/

Ebonyi state even has a commissioner on Onitsha matters(Onitsha Liason Office), because there are more Ebonyi people living in Onitsha than Ebonyi people living in Ebonyi..hehehehehehe

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by bestviewer: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2018
Umahi is not even an Igbo name, they are all hausa people claiming Igbo. cheesy

Dpharisee:
Peter we know, Umahi who are you?

2 Likes

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by achi4u(m): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2018
madapcmod:

Some of your points are clear, but u lied when you said Anambra ppl hate Ebonyi. It is d other way round. Just go to mgbuka obosi spare parts market, majority of the traders there are from Ebonyi, go to Nnewi, the same thing. No body cares who you are in Anambra. 90℅ of Okada riders in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi were from Ebonyi before the ban. They have migrated to Keke now. We accomodate them but the inferiority complex they come with always push them to claim marginalized.

U lived in Ebonyi but came to Anambra to study, I know it's bc they placed embargo on Anambra indigenes from gaining admission in EBSU. Do you know the school fees for Anambra students in EBSU is triple of what Ebonyi students pay. In fact they are very insecure.

Regarding the Nigercem Nkalagu, did u know the effort Peter Obi made to settle Ibeto with Ebonyi state govt when dangote was monopolizing the market, the then Governor said he will rather give the site to Hausa man than Anambra man.

See, you can take a horse to stream but can't force him to drink. We want them to change their mentality, which is not that of an average Igbo man. We as igbos struggle hard no matter where we find ourselves but these ppl seem to have given up and will always blame Anambra for their woes, instead of Enugu that was d last state they were carved out from. I see jealousy as their problem
I still don't know where you are getting ur own info from. Most of the things you said here are not true, most you tell lies to appear strong?
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by Ziggylady(f): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2018
JeanBoKassa:

U want to know more about SE while ogbomosho is suffering.

grin grin I tire!

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by madapcmod: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2018
achi4u:
I still don't know where you are getting ur own info from. Most of the things you said here are not true, most you tell lies to appear strong?

What is d lie in what I said. Point them out. Are you not aware there is discrepancy in school fees paid by Anambra students in Ebonyi? My niece is school at EBSU currently, medicine. So I know what I'm saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by achi4u(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2018
bestviewer:
Maybe he thought hawking of gala all over Nigeria is development, no wonder they are zero in education and human capital development. There is no difference between Hausa man and Ebonyi man. cheesy

Ebonyi always on top 10 in every waec and Neco exams with our little population.
Ewu Gambia
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by madapcmod: 10:43am On Oct 17, 2018
achi4u:
Ebonyi always on top 10 in every waec and Neco exams with our little population.
Ewu Gambia

Una dey try compared to Afonja but stop rubbing shoulder with Anambra, we are not mates.

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by achi4u(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2018
madapcmod:

Lol, the usual inferiority complex of Ebonyi timid villagers. If Anambra is not developed, where exactly in SE is developed? Ebonyi is d least developed state in d SE. So what's Ur point?
It seems you don't know what development is all about.
A place you can not breath a fresh and full of Crack roads.
Oga the Anambra soil is bleeding.
If you can understand me.
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by madapcmod: 11:02am On Oct 17, 2018
achi4u:
It seems you don't know what development is all about.
A place you can not breath a fresh and full of Crack roads.
Oga the Anambra soil is bleeding.
If you can understand me.

Then go to your rural abakeleke and enjoy fresh breeze.

Nnewi Economy alone has dwarfed the whole of Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by omoharry(f): 11:35am On Oct 17, 2018
If they had told me some time back, that a day will come when there will be an infighting among the Igbos, thereby giving the Yorubas' a back seat to rest and watch, I would never have believed it

Whaaaat!! come on guys!!..why are you all washing your dirty linen in Public before other ethnic group whom you have always appeared to be as one united Race?..so there is discrimination among the Igbo .that they have the first class and the second class citizens of the SE..really?
The igbo should be the last people to do this nonsense to their own kin after what they have passed through in the hands of other ethnic groups.I think we blacks are all the same and the only difference is the opportunity given to misbehave or treat others as trash.

I keep telling everyone that there is no way you will disrespect a particular sect of people and what they represent and expect a respect and goodwill from them in return..why the segregation among the Igbo nation when you guys are all thesame?..Just a VP slot has thrown the leaders of the SE into disagreement.So what will happen if were to be a presidential affair..Igbos..una leaders nor try at allllll!!.thier gra gra too much and it shameful.
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Sharap there. With this kind of attitude, when the presidency is finally zoned to the south east, we will not be able to sit down and come up with a single candidate by ourselves. Hausa will instill Okoroawusa for us
oga we are talking about the massive endorsement Peter Obi has been enjoying from all angles, not if he was appointed by hausa or not.

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by vineyardfarms: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
ThinkSmarter:
i kwusigo echiche obi gi.
then watch out for the consequences of ur unguided statement.
we will rather vote HausaFulani rather than the #proud and #arrogant anambra.
2019 ga eme gi vaam na anya.
adighi asikwa ndo.
u and ur likes will pay darely.
IGBOS! ,WHEN WILL WE START LOVING OURSELVES ANE BURRY HATCHETE AND GREEDYNESS? HOW CAN WE GET THE PRESIDENCY AND MANAGE IT WITH THIS KIND OF SELFISHNESS? IF NOT ME, NO ONE ELSE. IGBO

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by JeanBoKassa: 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Oga I'm from Ebonyi South, old Afikpo province of Abia state.

Ebonyi south home of Akanu Ibiam and Uche Azikiwe (wife of Nnamdi Azikiwe, first first lady of Nigeria)

Ebonyi south home of all the Ebonyi people making Igbo proud from Tekno to Jude Nkama (the first black judge of New Jersey) to Anyim Pius Anyim to Patoranking to Aja Nwachukwu

I don't need a spare part selling OSU from Anambra to tell me my worth. Spare it for Abakaliki people

Do u really think this introduction matters...
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by JeanBoKassa: 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
bestviewer:
Ebonyi people are not even regarded as Igbos. They are at best considered 3rd class inferior Igbos from Niger Republic.

Lolzzzzzz
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by LLobiorah: 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Chai
What a world we are in!
Biafra will perpetually be a mirage, I would rather be a Nigerian than a Biafran with this heavy hatred amongst Igbos!
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by JeanBoKassa: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Sharap there. That's the problem with Anambra people, they see power and they begin to lose their minds. That is how you fools plunged Igbo into civil war.

I'm from Ebonyi south. My people have been in the center of Nigerian politics from day one and since this civilian era started, we have been involved more than your whole Anambra state combined. We don't need your claps and encouragement, we are not Imo or Abakaliki people, we will get into the thick of the politics like Umahi is doing, whether your weak Anambra ego likes it or not.

In same state someone is denying his own brothers...

Chaiiii....too bad.
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by JeanBoKassa: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:

you guys are problem you have, imagine discriminating his fellow ebonyian because hes abakaliki. ebonyis go and fix your life!!
Thinksmarter come and see your problem.

My sister I thought am the only one that noticed this....

Chaiiii

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by JeanBoKassa: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Nobody discriminates in Nigeria like Anambra people. That's a fact.

Anambra people do both inter and intra community discrimination

Nnewi man discriminates Onitsha man from the same Anambra state and vice versa

Nnewi man will also discriminate another Nnewi man and call him OSU

Anambra man will discriminate other Igbo from IMO, Abakaliki, etc and call them wawa Igbo

Mr you are a liar go and have seat.

Lolzzzzzzzzz.....

Omanbala is unique...we don't do shit.

Look at how u rubbished abakiliki....chaiii
Chaiiii.

1 Like

Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by JeanBoKassa: 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Nobody discriminates in Nigeria like Anambra people. That's a fact.

Anambra people do both inter and intra community discrimination

Nnewi man discriminates Onitsha man from the same Anambra state and vice versa

Nnewi man will also discriminate another Nnewi man and call him OSU

Anambra man will discriminate other Igbo from IMO, Abakaliki, etc and call them wawa Igbo

Story.
Re: David Umahi: Peter Obi Is Competent To Be VP But... by JeanBoKassa: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
achi4u:
guy go hang yourself.
Ebonyi and Anambra has nothing in common, we parted ways the day Ebonyi state was created.
Leave in ur fantasy mansion, let me mange my little farm.
You can't use one man assertion to lump all of us together. Get lost.

I believe we making a headway.
To your tent o isreal.

Secondly there was never a day we were together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ebere Ihedioha Gifts A Widow A 2-Bedroom House (Photos) / Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority / FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.