Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Update: Bus That Plunged Into Bridge:7 Rescued, 3 Regained Consciousness,others - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update: Bus That Plunged Into Bridge:7 Rescued, 3 Regained Consciousness,others (389 Views)

Cruise Boat Capsizes In Calabar River, 11 Rescued, 3 Still Missing / Man Rejected A Bus That Later Had An Accident That Killed All The Passengers / Danfo Bus That Has TV Inside (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Bus That Plunged Into Bridge:7 Rescued, 3 Regained Consciousness,others by Groovenaija360(m): 8:31am On Oct 17, 2018
Update: Bus That Plunged Into Bridge:7 Rescued, 3 Regained Consciousness, Others Still Missing.

Yesterday we brought you news of the fully loaded Haice Bus traveling from Portharcourt to Bayelsa and then dived into a flooded bridge.

After some rescue team swung into action, about 7 persons were rescued unconsciously and 3 regained consciousness later, while others are stil missing.

A member of the AWELGA flood management and victims welfare committee shared the good news: Madu Dab Madueke wrote

#FloodAlert #FloodUpdate

Thank You, James Ogwu. Nigerian � force. and Federal Road Safety Commission

In the early hours of today, 16th of October, 2018. We received distress calls through The Emergency Lines of Ahoada West Local Government Area Of Rivers State.

The Flood Management and Victims Welfare Communittee arrived the scene of the incident where A Full loaded Eighteen Seaters Haice � with BEYELSA STATE OFFICIAL registration number 06C/07BY Ran Inside A Flooded Bridge Along (Akala Olu) Okogbe-Mbiama Axis, East-West Road Of Ahoada West LGA, Rivers State.

An earlier Attempt To Rescue Them Became Difficult Due To The High Level Of The Flood and Water Current.

We made a facebook post calling on Divers and other rescue reinforcement.

After some minutes, A call came from my brother, the Hero ogwu James a native of Odiereke Ekpeye of Ahoada West.

Ogwu= "Dab where are you,
Me-. I'm in the scene.
Ogwu: OK, I'm in Ahoada, wait for me, I'm coming.
Me : ThankGod.

After few minutes, ogwu arrived, undressed and dived in. Later he was joined by another brother From Emezhi 1 Community, Kingsley Wiliams.

Successfully the Vehicle was lifted from deep inside the Water with the help of a volunteered Self Loader.

About 20 passengers children not included according to the Conductor who survived.

7 passengers were rescued unconscious.
Later 3 regained consciousness from �.

The passengers were loaded from Choba to Bayelsa without manifest.

Others Are Still Missing.

Rescue Mission Is Still On.

>> https://groovenaija360.com.ng/update-bus-that-plunged-into-bridge-7-rescued-3-regained-consciousnessothers-missing/

Re: Update: Bus That Plunged Into Bridge:7 Rescued, 3 Regained Consciousness,others by amah4game: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2018
cry
Re: Update: Bus That Plunged Into Bridge:7 Rescued, 3 Regained Consciousness,others by daddytime(m): 8:38am On Oct 17, 2018
Wow...these guys are heroes, nice job. My heart goes out to the missing and their loved ones.
Re: Update: Bus That Plunged Into Bridge:7 Rescued, 3 Regained Consciousness,others by dbos11(m): 10:18am On Oct 17, 2018
Op are u mad?

How can u br censoring men's nipple undecided undecided

Nairaland won't just cease to amaze me grin

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Italian Senate Approves New Law To Make Deportation Of Migrants Easier / Five Die In Lagos Accidents. Graphic Photos / It's Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.