Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos (26598 Views)

Miss Biggest Bum Bum 2018 Beauty Pageant In Bayelsa (Photos) / Top 10 Worst Beauty Pageant Winners You Want To See / Precious Nwodo Wins Miss Charming Nigeria Beauty Pageant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Deandean: 11:41am On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=Eberechi24 post=72163414]feminism is not gender war. am a feminist because I believe in equal representatio of both genders, this do not interfere with gender roles.
A man who wants the best for his daughter is a feminist.
Feminist movement come into play when girls are deprived of rights in society. when girls are relegated to kitchen and lack of exposure. When girls are made to believe that they have nothing to offer to society. Feminism is female liberation from inferiority complex
Feminism has nothing to with relationship or gender war. both genders needs each other.

Well said...but unless u tell me ur speaking of the American feminist, i sure can tell u ur nt echoing d mind of a Nigerian feminist...all they want is gender role switch. Because shez jst as educated as d man,she feels shez as much a head as the head.headship is divine, its Theocratic. Its decided, and ur feminist opinions only create strains...Hv u noticed how ruthless women re when they re d boss or re on steering...thr inferiority complex itself not the men folk makes it clear that....WOMEN RE MADE HELPERS NOT HEADS....n remb,i ddnt educate my girls because am a feminist,its because i knw an educated woman, is an educated wife n mother...her education is crucial to my future lineage...

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by manikspears: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2018
lexy2014:
really? what is then?

feminist: the most confused set of people. most of them don't even know what the movement is all about.you will keep hearing different versions.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 17, 2018
tintingz:
The two so called Holy book were written by sexist, mysogyny desert wandering men.

Exactly. Someone else that thinks like me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2018
manikspears:

feminist: the most confused set of people. most of them don't even know what the movement is all about.you will keep hearing different versions.

Actually it's the other way round. Most people that are against feminism don't even understand what it's about.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Eberechi24(f): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2018
Mulatta:

That's in the old days. but there are some annoying girls that use feminism as an excuse, God I usually feel like knocking them
I understand your point. Feminism is not bitterness against the male folk or anybody.
When you such people ignore them for they don't know what feminism Is all about.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by vindisick: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2018
BurningBlade:
not really. The society might expect such, but the onus rest with us to change society's expectation about our roles.

A girl child who was sent to hawk on the road side without going to school, should society be blamed or her parents?
Are boy child not also hawking on the road? Stop all this cry and playing the victim card
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=Deandean post=72165286][/quote]

Who told you headship is divine?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by enonche85(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2018
Sirheny007:

The judge got this wrong.
feminism is rather ambiguous.
A woman can empower other women without being a feminist.
For the judge to disqualify anyone for a question purely hypothetical is wrong.
A part of me wants to flog the Judge,
A part of me also wants to flog the contestant who couldn't see the the irrationality in the question.

I think the judge wanted to see if the contestants actually know what feminism is. It's left for the girls to tell the judge that being a feminist has nothing to do with their plan of helping women. But the "dumbness" in the girls dint let them understand what the judge was trying to do.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Eberechi24(f): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2018
Lol, you are a feminist in denial.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2018

And what is wrong with gender role switch if both parties want it? Who told you headship is divine and theocratic?

Never mind. Don't reply me. Your grammar is atrocious. It's hard to read and understand it.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:

Lol, thaat's feminism in play. ignore all the social media banter about feminism. feminism is not gender war.

And I am telling you their parents weren't feminists.
Feminism is making women equal to men, by definition.

Feminism didn't contribute one dime to Igboland. Our evolution and common sense did it for us

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by BurningBlade: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:

The society might expect such, but the onus rest with us to change society's expectation about our roles."
Thats why feminism come into play. Feminism is idea to change Societys expectations about our roles.
the onus rest with the parents of such children, not us. This is the very reason why feminism is dead on arrival.

Then a girl hawking on the street is the parents fault.
Maybe she was sent to hawk because the parents couldn't foot her bills not because the parents are ignorant of child's education and empowerment
this is exactly my point. The parents fault, not society.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Feminism didn't contribute one dime to Igboland. Our evolution and common sense did it for us

What is wrong with men and women being equal? Are women subhumans?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by bluefilm: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2018
You're even lucky they did not ask them outright: Are you a lesbian?

All in all, feminism is joke worldwide.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by lastempero: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2018
Iam beginning to get confused with the word feminism angry
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by bluefilm: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2018
kmcutez:

Exactly. Someone else that thinks like me.

You mean someone who thinks foolishly like you? undecided
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 17, 2018
Timmmy:
God never created man and woman to be equal.... To me they fighting already won battle. Let feminist go to God to lay their complains not men

And who told you there is a God? Have you seen him before?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2018
bluefilm:

You mean someone who thinks foolishly like you? undecided

Actually, the joke is on you.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by marvinsync(m): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:
feminism is not gender war. am a feminist because I believe in equal representatio of both genders, this do not interfere with gender roles.
Feminist movement come into play when girls are deprived of rights in society. when girls are relegated to kitchen and lack of exposure. When girls are made to believe that they have nothing to offer to society. Feminism is female liberation from inferiority complex
Feminism has nothing to with relationship or gender war. both genders needs each other.

ur wrong when u say a man that wants the best for his daughter is a feminist

u see u don't need the title

I kinda even despise the name FEMINIst which implies feminine which implies female and implies it's a woman thing

u don't need the label , just do what u believe in

the label feminism has be bastatdised brings of bad images to some people
so just abandon it and do and preach what u believe in
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Eberechi24(f): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Every idea has a word that defines it. Idea of supporting your girlchild is feminism.
Talking about contribution to igboland. If Dora, okonjoand other women were not empowered, you think our lives feel their impact?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by vindisick: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
kmcutez:

Men and women are not equal. Even the western world knows that. If not, sports like boxing, football etc will be played together by both men and women in the same tournament. Would you be able to endure watching a wresting match let's say between Brock Lesnar vs Elissa bliss?. The main issue feminist should be gunning for is Equity for both sexes not equality.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by manikspears: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
kmcutez:

Actually it's the other way round. Most people that are against feminism don't even understand what it's about.

which team will you support before? are you not one of them?
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:

Every idea has a word that defines it. Idea of supporting your girlchild is feminism.
Talking about contribution to igboland. If Dora, okonjoand other women were not empowered, you think our lives feel their impact?
It's not exclusive to feminism to empower women.
Feminism only empowers you by making you equal to men.
Plus, their understanding of what constitutes oppression or empowerment is different.
Read feminist manifesto of late 60s
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
kmcutez:

Not being equal to men doesn't make women inferior, they are just different.
All women aren't even equal. All men aren't equal. Indices by indices.
Equity is key
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Eberechi24(f): 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
marvinsync:

ur wrong when u say a man that wants the best for his daughter is a feminist

u see u don't need the title

I kinda even despise the name FEMINIst which implies feminine which implies female and implies it's a woman thing

u don't need the label , just do what u believe in

the label feminism has be bastatdised brings of bad images to some people
so just abandon it and do and preach what u believe in
I have every right to preach what I believe. it's up to you to accept or reject it(am not forcing It on anybody) fortunately, we are feminists in acceptance or in denial.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Not being equal to men doesn't make women inferior, they are just different.
All women aren't even equal. All men aren't equal. Indices by indices.
Equity is key

Yes, everyone is different, but saying women are not equal to men is wrong. Maybe you meant different.

I think I understand your meaning of equal now in the context in which it was used. Some men are not equal to women and some women are not equal to men.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by newoffer: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
ask4double:
PMB and his cohorts are always bragging of his 150 cows for close to a decade, and I ask, are these cows gays? How come they don't exceed 150 in number? Just curious.
. They are robotic cow.
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
vindisick:

Men and women are not equal. Even the western world knows that. If not, sports like boxing, football etc will be played together by both men and women in the same tournament. Would you be able to endure watching a wresting match let's say between Brock Lesnar vs Elissa bliss?. The main issue feminist should be gunning for is Equity for both sexes not equality.

This is the definition of equal

a person or thing that is the same as another in status or quality.

How is women not equal to men in status or quality? Does the fact that a man cannot carry and birth another human being mean men are not equal to women? Are men of a lower status and quality than women, since they cannot carry and give birth to another human being?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by MuyiBinary: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:
feminism is not gender war. am a feminist because I believe in equal representatio of both genders, this do not interfere with gender roles.

How many of the female folks understood the subject this way? The fact of it is that 99.9% of women and especially the younger generation believe that Feminism is all about disrespect to her man and men in general.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by CHoccolaTE: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
The truth is that until we get these outdated misoginistic religions out of the way, people will continue to believe women are inferior human beings.
The Bible and Quran don't even mix words when relegating women to position of inferior subhuman which is simply pathetic and men are all to glad to trample on women's rights and keep yelling in their faces that women are nothing next to them.
Just look at the foolish comments on this thread classifying all women as inferior to all men regardless of achievements, intelligence, morals, contribution to welfare of others, etc.
People really think just because they have joysticks they are better off than those with vaginas regardless of who she is.
Meaning that aboki shine my shoe in my street is superior to Angela Merkel or even Bisola Ayeola?
Or let me bring it down, is the uneducated street tout pick pocketing in Lagos better than the girls in University that studied hard and graduated with honors? Just because he has a penis?

This system of grading humans superior and inferior based on gender is very old and tired and just unbelievably foolish but men will still hold on to it because it places them on a pedestal.

Fine, there are attributes and features men possess that make them better at certain things than women eg strength, but there are also certain attributes women possess that makes them better than men eg emotional intelligence, ability to carry and bear a child, empathy, kindness and less propensity to violent crimes.

No gender is superior or inferior to the other, everyone has something of value to contribute to society.
let's try and use common sense as Nigerians please, all this extreme religiosity has really held us back for too long.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by marvinsync(m): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:

I have every right to preach what I believe. it's up to you to accept or reject it(am not forcing It on anybody) fortunately, we are feminists in acceptance or in denial.

yes u do have every right to preach what u believe but we also have right to spit on ur beliefs and when we do u shouldn't complain about our rights

my point is make sense when u preach something , preach something that people can understand and relate to , have u heard of egalitarianism ? ,it means equality for all people
why don't u use that instead?

I've never heard a word that needs to be told the meaning over and over again like feminism , every time there's a topic about someone will always define it , why?
it means people just don't get it both male and female .

so I'm saying u don't need a sexist label like feminism

say ur an Egalitarian instead and ud be better understood and accepted
Re: What I Noticed At A Beauty Pageant Audition In Lagos by CHoccolaTE: 12:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
Eberechi24:

Very true.
Call yourself feminist if you like, of course men will attack you and tell you to call yourself egalitarian or equitarian or any other stupid title just because they hate the word feminism and will write any meaningless crap to suppress it.
You owe no one any explanation for what you choose to label yourself.
Carry on.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dethroned Grace Okoro Adaeze Reacts, Tells Her Side Of The Story! / How To Remove Stretch Marks / Imelda James Wins Miss Health Beauty Pageant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.