Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? (2696 Views)

Has Peter Obi Ever Condemned His Boss ABACHA For Theft and Executing Dissidents? / Has Atiku Ever Won His North East Region? / What Has Atiku Achieved? – Reno Omokri (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by TruthinAction: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
troublemakea:

jobless truthinAction... have you seen the above

Must you call me names? I only asked a question and no one wants a repeat episode of what we are experiencing in this era.

OK, let me give a pass mark on the question.

The second question is, has he ever called or insisted that those involved be arrested?

The third question is, has he ever labeled them a terrorist organization.

I schooled in the north and I know the mindset of an average Muslim though not all embrace this killing idea of non adherents. But the fact is that what is happening in Nigeria has an international influence from international terrorist organization who want Islam established as the Major religion in most parts of the world.

It's like they took a break after the Utman Dan Fodio Jihad launched years back. If a Muslim man climbs there, that influence might still continue. It may not be the mindset of Atiku but if his religious boss insist on their agenda, he has no option otherwise, they can deal with him.

So, this is my fear. I have nothing against Atiku but can he make a commitment to protect everyone especially Christian who are at the receiving end? This is the question every serious Nigeria should be asking. So, I am not jobless. We are tired of the killings. He should come out boldly and tell us how he intend to handle this terrorist known as the herdsmen. So far, he has not even mentioned it as part of his campaign promise. Nigerians do not think deep and I think that is why we are very gullible.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by troublemakea(m): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2018
TruthinAction:

Must you call me names? I only asked a question and no one wants a repeat episode of what we are experiencing in this era.

OK, let me give a pass mark on the question.

The second question is, has he ever called or insisted that those involved be arrested?

The third question is, has he ever labeled them a terrorist organization.

I schooled in the north and I know the mindset of an average Muslim though not all embrace this killing idea of non adherents. But the fact is that what is happening in Nigeria has an international influence from international terrorist organization who want Islam established as the Major religion in most parts of the world.

It's like they took a break after the Utman Dan Fodio Jihad launched years back. If a Muslim man climbs there, that influence might still continue. It may not be the mindset of Atiku but if his religious boss insist on their agenda, he has no option otherwise, they can deal with him.

So, this is my fear. I have nothing against Atiku but can he make a commitment to protect everyone especially Christian who are at the receiving end? This is the question every serious Nigeria should be asking. So, I am not jobless. We are tired of the killings. He should come out boldly and tell us how he intend to handle this terrorist known as the herdsmen. So far, he has not even mentioned it as part of his campaign promise. Nigerians do not think deep and I think that is why we are very gullible.

firstly i'd apologise for calling you jobless

got ur point keenly but Bro Atiku is the only option we've got now atleast. We cant get to have another 4years of buhari it would be really devastating

2 Likes

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by TruthinAction: 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2018
troublemakea:

firstly i'd apologise for calling you jobless

got ur point keenly but Bro Atiku is the only option we've got now atleast. We cant get to have another 4years of buhari it would be really devastating

He should make a commitment to end it as part of his campaign otherwise, we will be taking a risk to have another Fulani man rule us.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by troublemakea(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
TruthinAction:

He should make a commitment to end it as part of his campaign otherwise, we will be taking a risk to have another Fulani man rule us.

if it's by mouth...that is the most easiest

there's nothing he can do rn
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
The lasting solution is fulani people should adopt modern methods of raising cattle . This they can do by creating ranches for themselves
do u support the idea of govt helping them or subsidizing the ranching stuf for them same way govt help farmers like providing farmers subsidize fertilizer and the likes
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 7:44pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozo13:
do u support the idea of govt helping them or subsidizing the ranching stuf for them same way govt help farmers like providing farmers subsidize fertilizer and the likes
Sir , I am a farmer , and I know that cattle rearing, is a private business ; and if you noticed , the fulani people are one of the richest tribes in Nigeria; their cattle makes them millionaires 10 times over , so why should government be giving support to already established millionaires?

1 Like

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
Sir , I am a farmer , and I know that cattle rearing, is a private business ; and if you noticed , the fulani people are one of the richest tribes in Nigeria; their cattle makes them millionaires 10 times over , so why should government be giving support to already established millionaires?
but most govts since the last 19 yrs of democracy always pride themselves of supporting farmers with a lot of stufs including fertilizer.so why can't the same help be rendered to the cattle Herders or is farming not a private business as well
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozo13:
but most govts since the last 19 yrs of democracy always pride themselves of supporting farmers with a lot of stufs including fertilizer.so why can't the same help be rendered to the cattle Herders or is farming not a private business as well
The average farmer is poorer than the average herdsman (fact ), so who is in need of help? Secondly, majority of the food you consume is taken from the ground , so who should government focus on in terms of feeding the ever growing population of the nation's ? Is it not farmers ?

1 Like

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
The average farmer is poorer than the average herdsman (fact ), so who is in need of help? Secondly, majority of the food you consume is taken from the ground , so who should government focus on in terms of feeding the ever growing population of the nation's ? Is it not farmers ?
both side r in need of help.so I don't see why only one side should be helped and the other left to their own fate.in the interest of the nation and even on fair play ground ,I think they need help too like the farmers at least if even for a start

1 Like

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by googlepikins: 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2018
TruthinAction:
Most people appears to be hopeful that Atiku will turn things around if elected. But my question is this; How does he intend to handle the terrorist known as herdsmen? Has he ever condemned their activities? How are we sure he will not also turn a blind eye to their activities? Please, I would like those who support him to give us convincing answers. I don't think we want to go round in circles as a Nation.
has Thiefnubuu tell us why he enjoyed watching herdsmen killing people. Till today he hasn't say anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozo13:
both side r in need of help.so I don't see why only one side should be helped and the other left to their own fate.in the interest of the nation and even on fair play ground ,I think they need help too like the farmers at least if even for a start
Take or leave it: the Fulani have money to support ranches by themselves , but they refuse to do it due to illiteracy and support coming from PMB. Texas has one of the largest number cattle in the world , yet you do not see their ranchers grazing their cattle on people farms and making nomadic travels from one part of the country to the other . But in the Zoo called Nigeria, we see rubbish happening daily .
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
Take or leave it: the Fulani have money to support ranches by themselves , but they refuse to do it due to illiteracy and support coming from PMB. Texas has one of the largest number cattle in the world , yet you do not see their ranchers grazing their cattle on people farms and making nomadic travels from one part of the country to the other . But in the Zoo called Nigeria, we see rubbish happening daily .
we r discussing about the way out not all this ur zoo stuff you r calling the country.that one won't solve the problem
Let's say u r the president of the country that have been facing this kinda issue bedeviling the nation for more than a decade.what practical approach wil u adopt to resolve it
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozo13:
we r discussing about the way out not all this ur zoo stuff you r calling the country.that one won't solve the problem
Nigeria is a zoo because we have no law and order . And as to the solution, there is only one way out: the Fulani should stop nomadic migration and embrace modern method of ranching ; all the government can do is create policies that will aid them in setting up ranches . Period

1 Like

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Abagworo(m): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

One thing is condemn the other is to act.Herdsmen palava were orchestrated by top politicians in Nigeria. Haven't you wonder why the menace has died down since election primaries started? I suspect one of the politicians got the ticket. If you know you know

Of course Atiku is involved. The herdsmen crisis has been a vicious cycle but it was politicized and amplified to discredit Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
Nigeria is a zoo because we have no law and order . And as to the solution, there is only one way out: the Fulani should stop nomadic migration and embrace modern method of ranching ; all the government can do is create policies that will aid them in setting up ranches . Period
nice.I like that part u talked about policies that will aid the herdsmen settle down.Nice
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 9:37pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozo13:
nice.I like that part u talked about policies that will aid the herdsmen settle down.Nice
Get me clear on this :Policies does not imply using government funds to setup ranches . Policies means setting up laws that enables cattle rearers open ranches within their host communities and if possible paying rent on lands issued by such landowners for the purpose of rearing cattle.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 9:39pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
Get me clear on this :Policies does not imply using government funds to setup ranches . Policies means setting up laws that enables cattle rearers open ranches within their host communities and if possible paying rent on lands issued by such landowners for the purpose of rearing cattle.
You cannot be using government funds to setup private businesses . No country on earth does that
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
hehehe. Have heard bro.
Have bn asking people this same question I asked u about why should govt not help herders to settle down same way they have been rendering assistance to the farmers as both are private business.
Nice discussing and having ur opinion about the issue sir.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozo13:
hehehe. Have heard bro.
Have bn asking people this same question I asked u about why should govt not help herders to settle down same way they have been rendering assistance to the farmers as both are private business.
Nice discussing and having ur opinion about the issue sir.
You are not making any sense and neither does your comment have any logical basis for setting up cattle ranches for a people who have the power to setup ranches by themselves. Secondly , farmers are given loan of which they repay within a stipulated time. The government wants to donate land for ranching....for what? Which country on earth donates land for private individuals who want to rear cattle for their own purse ? Anyway, nice chatting with you
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
You are not making any sense and neither does your comment have any logical basis for setting up cattle ranches for a people who have the power to setup ranches by themselves.
oga, any business that is locally based needs govt supports, either you are running it as a rich businessman or not.
If your business is import base and becomes a necessity, eg drugs, you also get govt support for it.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
You are not making any sense and neither does your comment have any logical basis for setting up cattle ranches for a people who have the power to setup ranches by themselves. Secondly , farmers are given loan of which they repay within a stipulated time. The government wants to donate land for ranching....for what? Which country on earth donates land for private individuals who want to rear cattle for their own purse ? Anyway, nice chatting with you
smiles. U jus say ur opinion. Why the insult.have I told u I support govt paying for ALL they needed for those guys to settle down without the herders contributing part to it.u r not answering the question I asked but u decide to be moving away from the question I asked without answering it and also resulting to insults. Smiles
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

oga, any business that is locally based needs govt supports, either you are running it as a rich businessman or not.
If your business is import base and becomes a necessity, eg drugs, you also get govt support for it.
...this is the Nigerian mentality that is still causing the herdsmen issue. Why must government give you land and funds to setup your own business. ..are you that lazy? The America we admire today ,only create policies that enable business thrive ; you do not hear of them doing the nonsense we do here .
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozo13:
smiles. U jus say ur opinion. Why the insult.have I told u I support govt paying for ALL they needed for those guys to settle down without the herders contributing part to it.u r not answering the question I asked but u decide to be moving away from the question I asked without answering it and also resulting to insults. Smiles
There is no insult in that post. But since you are pained , I best leave you to your own devices . Ciao
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
the country got laws.people like u, the politicians and I refuses to abide by it.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by ozo13(m): 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
There is no insult in that post. But since you are pained , I best leave you to your own devices . Ciao
I asked a simple question but u decide not to give a straightforward sensible answer to the straightforward question.make I free u then.gudnyt
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
Shelumiel:
...this is the Nigerian mentality that is still causing the herdsmen issue. Why must government give you land and funds to setup your own business. ..are you that lazy? The America we admire today ,only create policies that enable business thrive ; you do not hear of them doing the nonsense we do here .
Do you know how much US protect its local industries?
Maybe you should read more on that.
We are only concerned now because the major beneficiary of this are domiciled within a particular tribe/ethnic group we virtually all love to hate not because it's wrong.
btw, hope you are aware the former president(i have no issues with it) approved 100bn for this same business?
Govt in every nation subsidizes one commodity or the other, it's all about each nation needs.
NB
I'm also a victim of the grazing issue in terms of economic loss
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

Do you know how much US protect its local industries?
Maybe you should read more on that.
We are only concerned now because the major beneficiary of this are domiciled within a particular tribe/ethnic group we virtually all love to hate not because it's wrong.
btw, hope you are aware the former president(i have no issues with it) approved 100bn for this same business?
Govt in every nation subsidizes one commodity or the other, it's all about each nation needs.
NB
I'm also a victim of the grazing issue in terms of economic loss
Oga ,the US protect their industries with policies . It is policies that determine the survival of any economy. The Nigerian government is not setting up policies ; they want to dish out funds for a private business(cattle rearing ). And to me (and every other sane person ) this is madness . If the government begins giving out funds for a private business like cattle rearing, then those who sell on the roadside should also be seeking funds from the government to setup their own businesses .
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by TruthinAction: 12:11am On Oct 20, 2018
googlepikins:
has Thiefnubuu tell us why he enjoyed watching herdsmen killing people. Till today he hasn't say anything about it.

If he hasn't said anything doesn't mean others should emulate him. I am not partisan. All I want is good governance committed to both the need and safety of his people.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by TruthinAction: 12:15am On Oct 20, 2018
troublemakea:

if it's by mouth...that is the most easiest

there's nothing he can do rn

If he says it, we can hold him to his word. But I think it's really difficult for a Fulani man to stop the killings of his fellow Fulani men. That will be going against the tenets of their belief. That is why Buhari will always talk about fighting Boko Haram but he will never mention the Fulanis. The leader of the Boko Haram is an Hausa and the Hausas were conquered by the Fulanis.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:07am On Oct 20, 2018
Shelumiel:
Oga ,the US protect their industries with policies . It is policies that determine the survival of any economy. The Nigerian government is not setting up policies ; they want to dish out funds for a private business(cattle rearing ). And to me (and every other sane person ) this is madness . If the government begins giving out funds for a private business like cattle rearing, then those who sell on the roadside should also be seeking funds from the government to setup their own businesses .
Are you saying the US do not give Financial support(Monetary) to its industries?
If your ans is yes, then you havent read wide enough, kindly lookup the how mortgage issues was handled during the global financial crisis.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:10am On Oct 20, 2018
Shelumiel:
The purpose of governance is to provide a workable solution that meets the needs of the governed.
You dont create law or policies because you think it is right, but because you think it will work.
Re: Has Atiku Ever Condemned The Herdsmen Killing? by Shelumiel: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

Are you saying the US do not give Financial support(Monetary) to its industries?
If your ans is yes, then you havent read wide enough, kindly lookup the how mortgage issues was handled during the global financial crisis.
Monetary support is free abi; you dash it out to individuals for nothing right ? It seems you do not what you are saying .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Drops The Mother Of All Bombs Who Are You Calling Dictator ? / Caption This Picture Of Ganduje & Sanusi Lamido At Pray Ground / Bayelsa: Olukoya Reacts Over David Lyon's Disqualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.