Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

The Mystical Life - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystical Life (4863 Views)

Mystical Power Of The Psalms / THE MYSTICAL POWER OF THE CROSSROADS (power to change your life) / Secret Mystical Powers Of The Bible & Christianity They Don't Want You To Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

A screenshot is evidence you read it vsxx? lol! shocked shocked

Thing is, even if he read it, he'd still misunderstand it. Simple "sun is in the sky" sounds to him like "the sky itself is the sun or the sun itself is the sky".
A' itete m'ole, ole n'm'oloko ( if you don't catch the thief early enough, the theif will catch the farm owner).
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
How preposterous!!

I just had to let him be.
harebrained conclusion.
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
How preposterous!!

I just had to let him be.
If one doesn't let him be, he'd drag one through post after post of pointlessness that would make one wonder why one bothered. A "waste of space" - on the days he disengages his brain which lately is often - insults space.

I just haven't yet worked out when and how I hurt his tiny ego.
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

If one doesn't let him be, he'd drag one through post after post of pointlessness that would make one wonder why one bothered. A "waste of space" - on the days he disengages his brain which lately is often - insults space.

I just haven't yet worked out when and how I hurt his tiny ego.
vaxx don't care about your rant.Vaxx is simply catching fun.... :if you don't stop assuming unnecessarily, you will not free yourself from emotional bondage. You don't hurt vaxx and vaxx care less even if you try to hurt her.
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
vaxx:
vaxx is simply catching fun.....
I will bear this in mind the next time you disengage your brain and open your mouth.
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
budaatum:

I will bear this in mind the next time you disengage your brain and open your mouth.
stop being silly.

You already disengaged this thread with your unsound mind ........but.....

Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 5:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
vaxx:
stop being silly.

You already disengaged this thread with your unsound mind ........but.....
I'm sure you're not being emotional, you poor sod.

1 Like

Re: The Mystical Life by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
@ranchhoddas & Budaatum

I believe you guys are getting irritated over simple things. I shall bring my discussion on this subject to an end here.

Greetings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
LoJ:
@ranchodass & Budaatum

I believe you guys are getting irritated over simple things. I shall bring my discussion on this subject to an end here.

Greetings.
The author himself said "if you like, read am. If you no like, leave am", but you make it sound like I was selling the book! I know you are smarter than this LoJ!

Any way, here's a link to Spencer's [url=https://f5db1a33c5d48483c689-1033844f9683e62055e615f7d9cc8875.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/The%20Secret%20Doctrines%20of%20Jesus%20-%20H.%20Spencer%20Lewis.pdf]The Secret Doctrines of Jesus[/url]. Please, whatever you do, do not read it with the intention of believing! Spencer does not write with that intention.
Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2018
budaatum:

The author himself said "if you like, read am. If you no like, leave am", but you make it sound like I was selling the book! I know you are smarter than this LoJ!

Any way, here's a link to Spencer's [url=https://f5db1a33c5d48483c689-1033844f9683e62055e615f7d9cc8875.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/The%20Secret%20Doctrines%20of%20Jesus%20-%20H.%20Spencer%20Lewis.pdf]The Secret Doctrines of Jesus[/url]. Please, whatever you do, do not read it with the intention of believing! Spencer does not write with that intention.
hmmm. you just made my day! Been looking for the 'secret Doctrines' cos it was out of print.

Talking about the 'Mystical Life', Spencer Lewis wrote that awesome document ,cos it's more than a book, in response to critics and skeptics who Never believed Christ really existed. It was an opportunity to fill in all the essential gaps in the public life history of the most important person in Christianity which are clearly missing in the Bible. God himself must have sent Spencer Lewis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
Babacele:
hmmm. you just made my day! Been looking for the 'secret Doctrines' cos it was out of print.

Talking about the 'Mystical Life', Spencer Lewis wrote that awesome document ,cos it's more than a book, in response to critics and skeptics who Never believed Christ really existed. It was an opportunity to fill in all the essential gaps in the public life history of the most important person in Christianity which are clearly missing in the Bible. God himself must have sent Spencer Lewis.
Despite not being a Christian, i can sincerly tell you that Jesus existed and the bible is the only book from which you can form your own opinion.Why? It's simply logical that if you want to form an objective opinion about someone, the best place to start, is one resource you definitely cannot ignore is the book he or she claims is about himself. Reading other people's works or submissions about his person isn't forming an objective opinion, it's reading their opinions about him. At best, it's reading or accepting their opinion on what's objective about him.

The person of Jesus as most contentious issues (and in fact it is the most contentious issue there is) are really has no objective opinion out there because each author eventually takes a side no matter how objective he or she may try to be.. that is why Spencer already indicate that the book can be discarded. And even his book rely heavily on new testament. But it unfortunate bible is very silent about Jesus life(from 12 to 29 years).

Well the virgin birth and resurrection story is almost certainly a fabrication - as former Episcopalian bishop Shelby Spong points out.

Many indians historian claim Jesus description perfectly match a figure that exist during that time in India.
Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
Despite not being a Christian, i can sincerly tell you that Jesus existed and the bible is the only book from which you can form your own opinion.Why? It's simply logical that if you want to form an objective opinion about someone, the best place to start, is one resource you definitely cannot ignore is the book he or she claims is about himself. Reading other people's works or submissions about his person isn't forming an objective opinion, it's reading their opinions about him. At best, it's reading or accepting their opinion on what's objective about him.

The person of Jesus as most contentious issues (and in fact it is the most contentious issue there is) are really has no objective opinion out there because each author eventually takes a side no matter how objective he or she may try to be.. that is why Spencer already indicate that the book can be discarded. And even his book rely heavily on new testament. But it unfortunate bible is very silent about Jesus life(from 12 to 29 years).

Well the virgin birth and resurrection story is almost certainly a fabrication - as former Episcopalian bishop Shelby Spong points out.

Many indians historian claim Jesus description perfectly match a figure that exist during that time in India.

The virgin birth wasn't a fabrication and H Spencer Lewis being a trusted custodian of the largest, most informed body of knowledge in human development history, wrote extensively on other sons of God that came through the virgin birth.

There are many versions of the Bible in circulation with the king James version being most common. For your education, the bible is a book of books with more than 40 authors, and have passed through several reviews, additions and subtraction by the church fathers at different councils. And till this very moment a lot of reviews, synods ,researches, and debates are going on on Christian doctrines and the Bible .

Because the writers of the Bible didn't include about 25 or more years of Christ's life in the Bible passages means there are no reliable records about Him kept somewhere? This gap should evoke some questions in the mind of any thinker and student of the Christian faith.

The facts of Spencer Lewis exposition on this gap is not only backed by passages from the Bible, and certain Christian historical records, archeological discoveries years later have also lend their voices to the veracity of his facts.

1 Like

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2018
Babacele:

The virgin birth wasn't a fabrication and H Spencer Lewis being a trusted custodian of the largest, most informed body of knowledge in human development history, wrote extensively on other sons of God that came through the virgin birth.

There are many versions of the Bible in circulation with the king James version being most common. For your education, the bible is a book of books with more than 40 authors, and have passed through several reviews, additions and subtraction by the church fathers at different councils. And till this very moment a lot of reviews, synods ,researches, and debates are going on on Christian doctrines and the Bible .

Because the writers of the Bible didn't include about 25 or more years of Christ's life in the Bible passages means there are no reliable records about Him kept somewhere? This gap should evoke some questions in the mind of any thinker and student of the Christian faith.

The facts of Spencer Lewis exposition on this gap is not only backed by passages from the Bible, and certain Christian historical records, archeological discoveries years later have also lend their voices to the veracity of his facts.

Nobody hangs around obstetrics wards hoping to see a great person born -in order- to comply with previously written prophecies. That this was not thought through is demonstrated by the two genealogies offered in the bible to prove descent from David - two completely different genealogies, both through Joseph who it is claimed is not the father. The death stories in the gospels are wildly inconsistent.

Some historians have attempted to piece the evidence together. Bart Ehrman has written a few books like "Did Jesus Exist? I have even used his works here" And while examining the historical evidence for Jesus. Ehrman's position is Jesus existed which i also welcome. But in his virgin and resurrection position. I certainly disregard it and treat like a myth.

So I say there is no book or any other work be it that of Spencer or what that will be able to give you an objective view of "Jesus's" life. The only "book" that exists and which I recommend only is (The New Testament of the bible)and which was written by anonymous, third-hand parties at least 30 years after he is purported to have died.

All other works about Jesus's life are based on the New Testament of the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:

Nobody hangs around obstetrics wards hoping to see a great person born - to comply with previously written prophecies. That this wasn't thought through is demonstrated by the two genealogies offered in the bible to prove descent from David - two completely different genealogies, both through Joseph who it is claimed is not the father. The death stories in the gospels are wildly inconsistent.

Some historians have attempted to piece the evidence together. Bart Ehrman has written a few books like "Did Jesus Exist? I have even used his works here" And while examining the historical evidence for Jesus. Ehrman's position is that Jesus existed which i also welcome. But in his virgin and resurrection position. I certainly disregard it and treat like a myth.

So I say there is no book or any other work be it Spencer or what that will be able to give you an objective view of "Jesus's" life. The only "book" that exists and which I recommend only is (The New Testament of the bible)and which was written by anonymous, third-hand parties at least 30 years after he is purported to have died.

All other works about Jesus's life are based on the New Testament of the bible.

It is obvious you have not read the book but wants to judge it.

There are dates,days and hours that special messengers of God or servants are born. And there are persons who are aware of and preparing for such visits hence proper records are kept and usually hidden from the public, about the life of such divine messengers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2018
Babacele:
It is obvious you have not read the book but wants to judge it.

There are dates,days and hours that special messengers of God or servants are born. And there are persons who are aware of and preparing for such visits hence proper records are kept and usually hidden from the public, about the life of such divine messengers.
The book already gave an initial doubt. ""Disregard it if you found it absolutely false""..

As a lover of history myself, one thing I have realised is- history is nethier objective nor completely subjective. Historians have their unique way of enticing readers. Actually I have read the book. You can doubt it if you can..

But I will suggest you should put these at the back of your mind

1.History is seldom black and white, it is mostly shades of grey..

2 .There is no such thing as an “unbiased” version of history. Every historian is biased which is inherent and because we are human. Only the extent of this bias might vary but apart from that, there is nothing called an unbiased version or neutral version of history.

Spencer recognise this at most and that is why he declared an apologetic massage at the introduction.
Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
The book already gave an initial doubt. ""Disregard it if you found it absolutely false""..

As a lover of history myself, one thing I have realised is- history is nethier objective nor completely subjective. Historians have their unique way of enticing readers. Actually I have read the book. You can doubt it if you can..

But I will suggest you should put these at the back of your mind

2 .There is no such thing as an “unbiased” version of history. Every historian is biased which is inherent and because we are human. Only the extent of this bias might vary but apart from that, there is nothing called an unbiased version or neutral version of history.

Spencer recognise this at most and that is why he declared an apologetic massage at the introduction.

For being democratic about his dealings with his audience and potential readers who may have their previous knowledge about Christ's life scrutinized means being doubtful?
Lewis work is a beautiful research work that has exposed so many openly hidden references to Christ 'life even in the Bible and some historical documents.
Does Lewis look one who speculates? You have not intelligently truthfully faulted any of the claims therein which influences my doubting if you have read the book at all. So when the holy infant was taken to Egypt while hiding from Herod, do you know what records were kept for future sake?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2018
Babacele:
For being democratic about his dealings with his audience and potential readers who may have their previous knowledge about Christ's life scrutinized means being doubtful?
Lewis work is a beautiful research work that has exposed so many openly hidden references to Christ 'life even in the Bible and some historical documents.
Does Lewis look one who speculates? You have not intelligently truthfully faulted any of the claims therein which influences my doubting if you have read the book at all. So when the holy infant was taken to Egypt while hiding from Herod, do you know what records were kept for future sake?
i think i have passed my message and it clear enough.

I ask a question in the begining of this thread.(i ask that the op should provide the bibliography of this book) You can't claim something as a fact unless you have proof to back it up. Whatever you will be claiming is simply an
Opinion.

The point of a bibliography is simple. It is to make your readers aware of the sources you used throughout your work on a project. That means it must include all of the sources you used while researching the topic, whether you quoted from those sources or not. It must be important to include them.

I agree that the work acknowledge Rosicrucian archives as where the information rightly source out. But what make up these source is my question.

And with your last question..... I don't know, and will you kindly tell us.,

At best that open statement is an honest statement to tell readers and audience that "" They are on their own""
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2018
Mental Alchemy by Ralph M. Lewis

We can transmute our problems to workable solutions through mental alchemy. While this process is neither easy nor instantaneously effective, eventually the serious person will be rewarded. Certain aspects of our lives can be altered to make them more compatible with our goals. Use this book to alter the direction of your life through proper thought and an understanding of practical mystical philosophy.

This one is for you vaxx. It would help heal your miscomprehension illness, or at least help you understand yourself.

[url=https://f5db1a33c5d48483c689-1033844f9683e62055e615f7d9cc8875.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/Mental%20Alchemy.pdf]Download copy[/url]
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
An atheist in the hiding somehow agree with the virgin birth of Jesus . Am sure he will not fight your opinion ""babacele"" since it seems we have different opinion on this topic.
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2018
budaatum:
Mental Alchemy by Ralph M. Lewis

We can transmute our problems to workable solutions through mental alchemy. While this process is neither easy nor instantaneously effective, eventually the serious person will be rewarded. Certain aspects of our lives can be altered to make them more compatible with our goals. Use this book to alter the direction of your life through proper thought and an understanding of practical mystical philosophy.

This one is for you vaxx. It would help heal your miscomprehension illness, or at least help you understand yourself.

[url=https://f5db1a33c5d48483c689-1033844f9683e62055e615f7d9cc8875.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/Mental%20Alchemy.pdf]Download copy[/url]

The lack of manner in your speech is simply the reason I expose your intellectual nerds.

I am not here to hurt your feelings .
Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
i think i have passed my message and it clear enough.

I ask a question in the begining of this thread.(i ask that the op should provide the bibliography of this book) You can't claim something as a fact unless you have proof to back it up. Whatever you will be claiming is simply an
Opinion.

The point of a bibliography is simple. It is to make your readers aware of the sources you used throughout your work on a project. That means it must include all of the sources you used while researching the topic, whether you quoted from those sources or not. It must be important to include them.

I agree that the work acknowledge Rosicrucian archives as where the information rightly source out. But what make up these source is my question.

And with your last question..... I don't know, and will you kindly tell us.,

At best that open statement is an honest statement to tell readers and audience that "" They are own their own""

Democratic is giving people the opportunity of choice in a situation ,and that is what Lewis preemptively presented in his foreword or introduction wherein he did mention the sources or references he used in writing the book. It is doubtful if you have really encounter this book for you are so stucked in your uninformed perception of the work being without references despite the several references to Christian religious authorities, other sources , and nature's own endorsement years later through archaeological discoveries that corroborated Lewis claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
An atheist in the hiding somehow agree with the virgin birth of Jesus . Am sure he will not fight your opinion ""babacele"" since it seems we have different opinion on this topic.
if ordinary mortals can use certain vowel sounds to impreginate matter to create or cause certain phenomena beyond an everyday experience,is it the Most Intelligent God that won't be able to bring forth the manifestation of the logos through a Virgin? It may be beyond your comprehension.

1 Like

Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
Babacele:
Democratic is giving people the opportunity of choice in a situation ,and that is what Lewis preemptively presented in his foreword or introduction wherein he did mention the sources or references he used in writing the book. It is doubtful if you have really encounter this book for you are so stucked in your uninformed perception of the work being without references despite the several references to Christian religious authorities, other sources , and nature's own endorsement years later through archaeological discoveries that corroborated Lewis claims.
Then you must have been reading my post out of context . I initially stated that his book is highly influence by the bible. What else do you want me to say in regards to that.

But as a lover of history myself , I need more to this and this is the reason I ask of the bibliography which you are doing very little to save.

Choice are not simply giving in democracy, choices are also promoted for people to choose their choices.

He is not promoting its own choice here but clearly giving a stand alone choice. That seems like one party system. Where you either reject or accept.
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
Babacele:
if ordinary mortals can use certain vowel sounds to impreginate matter to create or cause certain phenomena beyond an everyday experience,is the Most Intelligent God that won't be able to bring forth the manifestation of the logos through a Virgin? It may be beyond your comprehension.
I am not diving into this as it will derail this thread. But if you wish to hear my veiw , you can create a thread on this.
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
The lack of manner in your speech is simply the reason I expose your intellectual nerds.

I am not here to hurt your feelings .
Look at yourself talking about manners! I wonder if you ever go back and read what you've written? One can only shake one's head at your blatant show of ignorance.

This is you about a book that gives 4 subjective views in the gospels about Christ.
vaxx:
So I say there is no book or any other work be it that of Spencer or what that will be able to give you an objective view of "Jesus's" life.

You can't touch my feelings vaxx. Just reading your incoherent posts should show you that.
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2018
budaatum:

Look at yourself talking about manners! I wonder if you ever go back and read what you've written? One can only shake one's head at your blatant show of ignorance.

This is you about a book that gives 4 subjective views in the gospels about Christ.

You can't touch my feelings vaxx. Just reading your incoherent posts should show you that.

How is this a reasonable response for Christ sake.

I actually play with your feeble mind. At least you display it emotionally here . Even if you reject it. It is obvious.
Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
Then you must have been reading my post out of context then. I initially stated that his book is highly influence by the bible. What else do you want me to say in regards to that.

But as a lover of history myself , I need more to this and this is the reason I ask of the bibliography which you are doing very little to save.

Choice are not simply giving in democracy, choices are also promoted for people to choose their choices.

He is not promoting its own choice here but clearly giving a stand alone choice. That seems like one party system. Where you either reject or accept.
You see , I said you have read the book! From Roman government periodic reports from overseas, Jewish writings, Christian records, secret records in certain pyramids in Egypt, Tibet and indian to Rosicrucian archives and the rest, Lewis made extensive references to. That Christ said 'when you preach the gospel and say Salam and if they do not welcome you leave without the sand from such homes' means his message is doubtful or false? That my bro is democracy.
Re: The Mystical Life by Babacele: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
I am not diving into this as it will derail this thread. But if you wish to hear my veiw , you can create a thread on this.
well it is your choice. To an alchemist such phenomena are normal but rationally it may not be.
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
It's simply logical that if you want to form an objective opinion about someone, the best place to start, is one resource you definitely cannot ignore is the book he or she claims is about himself.
Really? Despite the following at the back of your mind?!
vaxx:
history is nethier objective nor completely subjective. Historians have their unique way of enticing readers.

2 .There is no such thing as an “unbiased” version of history. Every historian is biased which is inherent

there is nothing called an unbiased version or neutral version of history.

By the way, Christ never claimed any book was about himself!
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2018
Babacele:
You see , I said you have read the book! From Roman government periodic reports from overseas, Jewish writings, Christian records, secret records in certain pyramids in Egypt, Tibet and indian to Rosicrucian archives and the rest, Lewis made extensive references to. That Christ said 'when you preach the gospel and say Salam and if they do not welcome you leave without the sand from such homes' means his message is doubtful or false? That my bro is democracy.
i hope you know how sophistry work? Most of these writhing are not in circulation. Apart from the bible which I can actually tell.

For example the secret record to certain pyraimads is not objective

You don't claim a fact that is hidden . That is not bibliography.
Re: The Mystical Life by budaatum: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2018
vaxx:
How is this a reasonable response for Christ sake.

I actually play with your feeble mind. At least you display it emotionally here . Even if you reject it. It is obvious.
Don't cry, vaxx. If you had done well, we would gladly include you amongst the sensible and intelligent who can read past the cover of a book.
Re: The Mystical Life by vaxx: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2018
budaatum:

Really? Despite the following at the back of your mind?!

By the way, Christ never claimed any book was about himself!
when I observe a sense of decorum in your manner, I will engage you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bible Teaching On Christian Dressing / DOES ATHEISM MAKE YOU FEEL MORE LEARNED THAN CHRISTIANITY? / Abuzola's Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.