Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,150 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:44 AM

Victims Of Passion - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Victims Of Passion (81098 Views)

Trapped By Passion (18+) / Moments of Passion (18+) / VICTIMS- Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victims Of Passion by chii8(f): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
LoveToRead:

Thanks for your interest. If you can't get it through Okadabooks, you can send glo recharge pin number of N200 to lovetoread604@gmail.com for the PDF.

Please, I have sent the mail,you're yet to respond.
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:38am On Oct 01, 2019
chii8:

Please, I have sent the mail,you're yet to respond.

Check your email. Thanks for your interest.
Re: Victims Of Passion by chii8(f): 7:10am On Oct 01, 2019
LoveToRead:

Check your email. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks, seen.
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 3:55pm On May 14, 2020
At first, Funmi had found it difficult to believe that her friend was in love with him. How could you be in love with someone like him? She had asked Janet in disbelief. What substance would he offer her? Why must she fall into the hands of a probable gold digger?

However, Funmi held her peace when she realized the guy seemed genuine. She had then decided to give her friend all the support she could give her.

They ate, drank and danced to cool, moderate music. It was a micro party - just the three of them. They also took pictures individually and collectively. Janet took his pictures in different postures. Funmi also took different pictures of Janet and him. They sang and wished him many years in return.

He was impressed with all her shows of affection. He really appreciated her. He also thanked Funmi for her support. It was getting on to almost eight p.m when Janet and her friend departed.

Raphael was happy the way things had been that day. Janet had given him a surprise package. He thanked God the way things were going.

About few minutes after eight, Becky came around.

'Hmn, this place smells like you just had a party here.' Becky was quick to observe.

'Actually, we - Janet, her friend and myself - just had a micro party. It's my birthday.' Raphael looked cheerful.

'Really? And you never told me! Happy birthday!'

She came to hug him and to give him a peck.
'Thank you.'

She opened the food warmers and was surprised by the food there.

'Are you still expecting guests?'

'No. Help yourself.'

She served herself fried rice and chicken.

'So, how old are you now?'

'Thirty two.'

'Waoh. Two years ahead of me.'

He smiled without saying a word.

'Hmn. The food is delicious. This your Janet is trying for you.' She looked at him enviously.

'Yeah, she's trying.'

After eating, she opened the half empty bottle of wine on the table and filled a glass cup.

'The taste of the wine is wow!'

'Yeah.' He nodded.

'You should have told me it's your birthday. I would have bought you a little present.'

He smiled. 'I actually didn't have the intention to celebrate it.'

When Becky was departing, he urged her to take some food home. He then kept the remaining food in the freezer.

Now alone, he went to his bedroom. The gifts Janet and Funmi brought were on the bed. He was yet to open them. He put them at the foot of the bed. He wasn't in a hurry to see what was inside.

He would still have to call Janet to thank her for everything. He would also have to thank Funmi too. She had played the role of a supportive friend.

He thanked God for making him to mark another year on earth. It was by His grace that he was alive. Glory be to God.

By quarter past seven in the morning, Janet was already dressed for work. It was Monday morning and she had a tight schedule ahead.

Her black skirt suit perfectly fitted her petite body. She applied slight make up and perfume. Two days ago, she had organized a birthday get-together for Raphael and had been happy to be part of his life. In May, she too would be marking her birthday.

She was ready for work. Picking up her handbag and the car keys, she left her room and went downstairs. Her parents, already dressed for work, were in the sitting room.

'Good morning, dad and mom.' Excitement was written all over her.

'Good morning, my dear.' Julie felt bad that her daughter's air of excitement would soon be deflated.

Her father only nodded.

'Mum, you're looking very nice in that your outfit.'

'Thank you. You're looking very nice too.' Janet gave her mother a peck.

'Hmn, hmn .' LaVos cleared his throat. He usually did that whenever he had something very important to say.

'Can I have the keys of your car, please?' He turned to Janet, his face looking stern.

Janet was surprised. 'My car? Why?'

'Do what you're told and stop questioning me.' His voice went up.

Janet handed the keys over.

'And your phones.'

'My phones? Dad, what's happening?'

'Sh-sh-sh. Let me have your phones.'

Janet quickly looked at her mother, who had remained silent. The latter looked away.

Janet opened her hand bag and brought her two phones out. She handed them to him.

'Good. Now listen carefully.' He raised a finger up in a gesture of seriousness. 'I warned you and that your lover boy to stop the silly relationship between you. You refused. For a long time now, you flouted that order.

'I'm going to fire him. The two of you thought I was joking, right? Now, you'll see that it's no joke.' He allowed a short silence.

Janet opened her mouth without saying a word.

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Passion by UltimateSpice: 5:14pm On May 15, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Victims Of Passion by Odoogu(m): 9:02am On May 16, 2020
it's been a long time coming. please serve us more and I wish you the best in every other endeavor of yours
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 10:26am On May 16, 2020
Odoogu:
it's been a long time coming.
please serve us more and I wish you the best in every other endeavor of yours

Thanks.
Re: Victims Of Passion by FrankAkowe: 8:40am On May 18, 2020
Fascinating.
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2020
LaVos cleared his throat. He usually did that whenever he had something very important to say.

'Can I have the keys of your car, please?' He turned to Janet, his face looking stern.

Janet was surprised. 'My car? Why?'

'Do what you're told and stop questioning me.' His voice went up.

Janet handed the keys over.

'And your phones.'

'My phones? Dad, what's happening?'

'Sh-sh-sh. Let me have your phones.'

Janet quickly looked at her mother, who had remained silent. The latter looked away.

Janet opened her hand bag and brought her two phones out. She handed them to him.

'Good. Now listen carefully.' He raised a finger up in a gesture of seriousness. 'I warned you and that your lover boy to stop the silly relationship between you. You refused. For a long time now, you flouted that order.

'I'm going to fire him. The two of you thought I was joking, right? Now, you'll see that it's no joke.' He allowed a short silence.

Janet opened her mouth without saying a word.

'There's no need you go to work today because you've been suspended for two weeks. Yes, two weeks without pay, starting from today.' He switched off the phones he collected from her.

'Then, that boy, he's going to be sacked. I've already asked Mrs. Kweku to prepare his disengagement letter. However, do not think your dad is such a wicked man.'

He relaxed his face and even tried a forced smile.

'I've decided to handsomely pay him off. Let him go and start another life elsewhere. Let him look for his own lover. You're free from him and he's free from you, henceforth.'

Janet was already sobbing. It was as if the world was crashing on her head.

'Now, you people can see that I'm serious. As for you, in addition to your suspension, you are to remain indoor for the next five days. You are not to step outside this compound or receive any visitor.

Stay in your room. Zizi will always tell you when food is ready. If you flout any of the orders I gave, then you'll stop being my daughter. I'll disown you!'

She continued sobbing. Oh, God, this must be a nightmare. God, please stop this nightmare.

Mr. LaVos stood up. He turned to Julie. 'Let's go.'

His wife stood up too and followed him out of the sitting room.

Janet remained rooted to the same spot while her tears came down freely.

Zizi was lurking in the kitchen and had heard everything her boss said. As soon as she heard the sound of his car starting, she went to meet Janet in the sitting room.

'Oh, auntie, please it's ok. Stop your crying.' Zizi's consolation was timely. She led Janet to her room upstairs.

Chapter Eleven

Raphael noticed that he had not seen any sign of Janet that morning even as the assembly progressed inside the hall. Immediately the assembly was over, he tried to call her number.

None of the two lines he knew went through.

That was unusual. She was not at work and could not be reached. Well, something might delay her. He had no choice than to wait.

Not long after the assembly was over, the office assistant came to inform him that he was urgently needed in Mrs Kweku's office. That, again, was very unusual.

He went to the place. Another surprise awaited him. Mr. LaVos himself was there seated on one of Mrs. Kweku's visitors seats.

'Good morning sir, good morning ma.' Raphael curtsied in greeting the man.

Mr. LaVos waved at a seat. 'Sit down.'

There would be no need for much preamble. Mr. LaVos went straight to the point.

'I don't want your relationship with my daughter to continue. I've warned you before now, but you ignored me. Well, no problem. That will stop. From today on, your work in this place is over.'

His voice was imperious and condescending.
'This madam will give you letter of dismissal.'

LaVos pointed at Mrs. Kweku. 'But, I'm not such a terrible man. I'm going to compensate you so that you can have a fresh beginning elsewhere.
The money is also to ensure that you don't have anything to do with Janet for ever again.'

He paused and nodded importantly.

'Listen and listen good. I'm going to pay that money I said into your bank account. I'm going to fulfill my own part of the bargain. You must fulfill yours. If I ever see you or hear that you have anything to do with Janet again. I will kill you. That's not a mere threat. I will do it.'

He demonstrated his seriousness by moving a finger across his throat.

'I'm not asking for your opinion on anything. I'm telling you what I've decided and it's bonding on you. You're a handsome and hardworking man, I believe you'll succeed. It will also be easy to get yourself another lady; a more beautiful and more desirable one.

'I've got details of your account name and number from the accounts department. In the next few minutes or so, you'll receive bank deposit alert. I've ordered that the equivalence of ten thousand U.S dollars be paid into your account. That's quite some money. A lucky chap you are. I'll fulfill my own part of the bargain.

'Hear me well. Don't you ever have anything to do with my daughter again. Take your money and go away.' He again looked at Raphael sternly.

'Yes, go far away. Out of her reach - forever.'

Raphael was befuddled. 'But...

'I don't want to hear anything.' LaVos stood up. 'Best of luck.'

Re: Victims Of Passion by Odoogu(m): 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
lovetoread... this is a chilling one.
Re: Victims Of Passion by rattyo3: 10:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
Raphael is in dilemma now. There's nothing to do, anyway take the money and establish yourself. God's will will be done las las.
I'm not seeing how he'll be able to refuse/return the money.
Thank you for the update.
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
rattyo3:
Raphael is in dilemma now.
There's nothing to do, anyway take the money and establish yourself.
God's will will be done las las.

I'm not seeing how he'll be able to refuse/return the money.

Thank you for the update.

You are welcome
Re: Victims Of Passion by FairCritic(m): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ride on
Re: Victims Of Passion by Eddyella(f): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
Jeez,I'm loving dis...
Re: Victims Of Passion by Zamar: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
More
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
'Hear me well. Don't you ever have anything to do with my daughter again. Take your money and go away.' He again looked at Raphael sternly. 'Yes, go far away. Out of her reach - forever.'

Raphael was befuddled. 'But...

'I don't want to hear anything.' LaVos stood up. 'Best of luck.'

With that, the man left the office. Raphael was stupefied, to say the least.

'It's okay, Raphael. Take it easy,' Mrs. Kweku was saying. 'I think it's a fair deal. Think of what you can do with ten thousand dollars.' She looked at him wistfully.

Raphael was surprised that the woman would say such a thing but didn't say anything.

He collected the letter and left her place. In the staff room, the teachers were busy preparing for the day and were oblivious of his travail. He packed his personal things in his bag. He beckoned at Babs.

'I'm off. Mr. LaVos has made good his threat.'

Babs was shocked. 'What!'

'I'm on my way home. See you later.'

Babs parted him and wished him the best.
Raphael slung his bag across his shoulder and left.

You saw it coming, his mind told him. You should have known the man would carry out his threat. What would you do now?

His mind went to Janet and he tried her numbers again. None went through. This was terrible. How he wished he could talk to her, just talk to her.

He went to his house, removed the black coat and tie he was wearing and sat on the sofa. He would have to think of what to do. He would simply have to think of what to do.

A text message came into his phone. He checked the message. He was notified of a deposit of 3.5 million naira into his bank account.

He stood up suddenly. Oh God, so Mr. LaVos was very serious! He had made the payment he said he would make. Gosh!

But the man was wrong; very wrong to think that the money could replace the affection he had for Janet. More importantly, he was wrong to think that God's plan could be scuttled.

He relaxed on the sofa again.

Oh boy, you're lucky, his mind said.

Lucky about what?

You have cool money on your hand. With that, you can do something. You can start a new life. Aren't you lucky?

Mr. LaVos doesn't want you to have anything to do with his daughter. He has paid you for that. Grab the opportunity. Janet is not the only one with a good character and a pretty face. This is your chance to disappear from her life and start life afresh.

His body shuddered.

No you can't do that, another voice said. Janet has been designed for you. She's the Lord's choice for you. You can't run away from her. LaVos, raised to power hundred, cannot stop what God has designated.

From time to time, he kept trying Janet's lines so that he would intimate her of the developments.

Each time he tried, the response was that the numbers were switched off.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by CasNova(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2020
Nice update
Re: Victims Of Passion by rattyo3: 3:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
LoveToRead:

Each time he tried, the response was that the numbers were switched off.

Raphael should call Janet's mom, if he can't reach her on her phone.
I pity his condition presently.
Thanks for the update.
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
From time to time, he kept trying Janet's lines so that he would intimate her of the developments. Each time he tried, the response was that the numbers were switched off.

He decided that he would have to start job-hunting from the following morning. He would have to look for another job. The easiest he could get would be a teaching job. He would have to take any teaching job for now, even if the money was much less than the Apez own.

As for the money Mr. LaVos paid into his account, he would have nothing to do with it. He would have to find out LaVos' account details so that he could send the money back to him.

Some minutes after seven in the evening, Becky was around to see him.

'It's all over the school that Mr. LaVos has asked you to go.' There was a tone of resignation in Becky's voice.

Raphael sighed. 'Yes, I've been given the boot.'

'What will you do now?'

He appeared to be in thoughts.

'I guess I'll have to look for another job.'

'I have an idea. Why don't you go back and plead with Mr. LaVos?'

'What?' He was shocked, for the umpteenth time that day.

'Yes. Why don't you promise him that you will leave Janet alone, so that you can have your job back?'

'No way!'

'Why not? Is your job not important to you? Must you insist that Janet would be the one?'

He shook his head sadly. 'I can't do what you suggested. It's beyond what you think, and you don't understand.'

'What else is it that I don't understand? I think it's you who don't understand. Her father has made it clear that he doesn't want you around his daughter. Why are you hell bent on having a relationship with her?'

He did not say anything, but was thinking of a lot of things. Becky certainly placed job over every other thing. She didn't say anything about the 'compensation' part. That meant she didn't know about that one. He imagined what she would say if she was aware that substantial sum of money had been paid into his account.

'Raphael.' Her voice was cool as she came over to his seat and sat beside him.

'There's something I want you to feel.' Her face was as cool as she could make it.

He looked at her questioningly.

She held his hand and placed it on the left part of her chest. Instinctively, he tried to withdraw the hand.

'Please, just a minute.' Her plea was yielded to. Still holding on to the hand, she placed it on her chest again and pressed hard.

'Now, you can feel it. You can feel the beat of my heart. It's the heartbeat of love. Raphael, I have great feelings for you.'

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by ThrillPlus: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2020
Nice update
Re: Victims Of Passion by Odoogu(m): 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
grin grin fear women.
Re: Victims Of Passion by rattyo3: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
LoveToRead:

Still holding on to the hand, she placed it on her chest again and pressed hard.

'Now, you can feel it. You can feel the beat of my heart. It's the heartbeat of love. Raphael, I have great feelings for you.'

LoveToRead:

Still holding on to the hand, she placed it on her chest again and pressed hard.

LoveToRead:

This na temptation... in PSquare voice.

I hope Raphael will survive this.

Thank you for the update, though its small.
Re: Victims Of Passion by Abosede512(f): 9:52am On Jul 24, 2020
thanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by EARLE99: 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
But wait o, I don't just understand dis Raphael guy. He should be able to read in-between lines. After he go talk sey na work of d devil . Becky decided to use d good girl approach to get him. .... Make I see wetin go happen next
Re: Victims Of Passion by rattyo3: 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2020
Oga LovetoRead give us update pls.

Wanna know how Raphael manage the situation.

Thanks
Re: Victims Of Passion by kweensheba: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2021
Classic
Re: Victims Of Passion by BigBasher: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2021
kweensheba:
Classic
Re: Victims Of Passion by nikz(f): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2021
LoveToRead:

Thanks for your interest. If you can't get it through Okadabooks, you can send glo recharge pin number of N200 to lovetoread604@gmail.com for the PDF.

I want to complete this book. If I send will I get the complete version
Re: Victims Of Passion by FairCritic(m): 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2022
Go on.
Re: Victims Of Passion by ThrillPlus: 6:18am On Jun 14, 2022
More...
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2022
‘Now, you can feel it. You can feel the beat of my heart. It’s the
heartbeat of love. Raphael, I have great feelings for you.’

He shook his head and removed his hand. ‘We don’t need to go over this
again. Becky, you know what the answer is. My love is already for
another lady. I’m sorry but I can’t abandon Janet for anything or
anyone.’

Her eyes changed immediately from affection to disaffection. ‘And where
has that love taken you now? What benefits have you got from the
so-called love?’ Her voice went up, her face bristled in anger.

‘Hey take it easy. It’s my problem, isn’t it?’

‘You’re not applying wisdom to this thing at all.’ She still bristled in
anger. ‘You claim you love somebody, but all you get is nothing but
trouble. Another person is there offering you love, but you shun her!’

He stood up and moved away from her. Silently he paced round the room.
She came to him from behind, held him and pressed her body against him.

‘Raphael, why’re you so stubborn? Why don’t you try what I said?’

He freed himself from her. ‘I can’t. I can’t abandon her now.’

‘Then, blame yourself for all that is happening to you.’ Her voice was
full of venom. She hissed.

Raphael didn’t say anything. Becky had had enough of him and his stand.
Without further ado, she went to her hand bag on the table, picked it up
and walked out of his apartment.

Raphael whistled to himself. Now, he had no doubt that Becky cared for
no one but herself alone.

Janet had been holed up in her room and she refused to come out even
when Zizi informed her that food was ready.

‘Auntie, you’ve not eaten anything since morning. Please eat something.’
Zizi was plaintive.

‘I’m not hungry.’ Janet remained unmoved. Truly, she had no appetite.

She was sad and indignant over the treatment her father gave her. How
could he be treating her as if she was a baby? At her age, was she not
matured enough to have a relationship, and with whoever she desired?
Re: Victims Of Passion by BigBasher: 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
Welcome back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / The One Who Awaits / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.