Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Victims Of Passion - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Victims Of Passion (80276 Views)

Trapped By Passion (18+) / Moments of Passion (18+) / VICTIMS- Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victims Of Passion by bossy512(f): 2:17pm On May 03, 2019
Enjoying this........., thanks and well done
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 7:18am On May 04, 2019
She sat next to him in elation. 'And you didn't say you could drive all this while.' She certainly had no doubt about his dexterity, going by how he had handed the car so far.

He laughed shortly. 'It's one of those things.'

She only smiled. He drove in silence for a while. She moved closer to his seat and held him by the right elbow.

'I hope you had a nice time during the carol event.' His mind went over to the event and he felt like saying something.

'You bet I did.' She held him tight.

'Yes I can see that. You look very happy.'

'Yes I'm happy. But I'm even happier being with you.'

Raphael removed his right hand from the steering wheel and wrapped it on her shoulders.

'The feeling is mutual my dear.'

She placed her head on his shoulder. Be careful, boy, his mind warned. It was not always recommended that one should combine driving with
romantic mood. Remember that you were driving.

'Do I drive you home? I mean your home?' He briefly looked over his shoulder to search her face.

She shook her head.

'So, where do I take you to?'

She didn't say anything. He looked down in search of her face again. He could only manage to see that her eyes were closed.

'Are you dozing or what?'

'I'm not dozing. I'm dreaming.' Her voice was cool and soft.

He laughed. 'Dreaming of what?'

'Guess what it's about.'

'Oh, you know I"m not good in guessing.'

'Just try.' She had come with her teasing again.

He appeared in thoughts for a couple of seconds. 'Maybe you're dreaming of having a vacation outside the country.'

She shook her head. 'Nope.'

'I give up. I told you I'm not good at guessing.' There was a brief silence. 'Won't you tell me the dream?'

She shook her head again.' Remind me in three days' time. I'll tell you then.'

Raphael chortled. 'You must have been reading a lot of romantic novels.'

He rubbed her shoulders gently. Her eyes were still closed.

There was silence. He turned at the junction and drove to his house. It was only after he had parked and stopped the engine that she sat up.

'Here we are.' He parked the car and stopped its engine.

They got down from the car. He removed his bag and the polythene bag. It was getting to dusk. A beautiful day it had been.

He opened the door to his apartment and they stepped inside. Raphael took the nylon bag straight to the fridge and put the food packs in it.

'Do you want any drinks?' He took a pack of juice out.

'No.'

'What about some chicken?' He raised the nylon containing the chicken up.

'No.'

He looked at her sharply. 'In the last minutes, your answers have been short. Why that?'

She smiled and shrugged.

He came to sit by her side. 'Maybe it's in three days' time that you'll give me the answer.'

'Maybe.'

He wrapped his left hand round her shoulders. She closed her eyes again.

'Anything bothering you, my dear?'

Get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851
Re: Victims Of Passion by Ann2012(f): 9:07am On May 04, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by aprilwise(m): 10:26am On May 04, 2019
Nice one. Thanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by bossy512(f): 10:49am On May 04, 2019
Thanks for the update, nice one
Re: Victims Of Passion by skubido(m): 5:38pm On May 05, 2019
Mo na take ham easy oo, cuz i no sabi this wan way she they close eyes.

Tanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by sexyslim001(f): 7:22am On May 06, 2019
More update pls
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 4:08pm On May 09, 2019
She didn't say anything. He looked down in search of her face again. He could only manage to see that her eyes were closed.
'Are you dozing or what?'

'I'm not dozing. I'm dreaming.' Her voice was cool and soft.

He laughed. 'Dreaming of what?'

'Guess what it's about.'

'Oh, you know I"m not good in guessing.'
'Just try.' She had come with her teasing again.

He appeared in thoughts for a couple of seconds. 'Maybe you're dreaming of having a vacation outside the country.'

She shook her head. 'Nope.'

'I give up. I told you I'm not good at guessing.' There was a brief silence. 'Won't you tell me the dream?'

She shook her head again.' Remind me in three days' time. I'll tell you then.'

Raphael chortled. 'You must have been reading a lot of romantic novels.'

He rubbed her shoulders gently. Her eyes were still closed.

There was silence. He turned at the junction and drove to his house. It was only after he had parked and stopped the engine that she sat up.

'Here we are.' He parked the car and stopped its engine.

They got down from the car. He removed his bag and the polythene bag. It was getting to dusk. A beautiful day it had been.

He opened the door to his apartment and they stepped inside. Raphael took the nylon bag straight to the fridge and put the food packs in it.

'Do you want any drinks?' He took a pack of juice out.

'No.'

'What about some chicken?' He raised the nylon containing the chicken up.

'No.'

He looked at her sharply. 'In the last minutes, your answers have been short. Why that?'

She smiled and shrugged.

He came to sit by her side. 'Maybe it's in three days' time that you'll give me the answer.'

'Maybe.'

He wrapped his left hand round her shoulders. She closed her eyes again.

'Anything bothering you, my dear?'

She did not answer him. Some sec
onds later, Raphael kissed her on the forehead. To his surprise, she brought her lips to his. The lips brushed against each other briefly. He moved back, but she moved her lips to his again. It was a subtle move. Her lips found what they were looking for and the two remained pasted briefly.

Download full story at : https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851
Re: Victims Of Passion by aprilwise(m): 7:46pm On May 09, 2019
I'm searching for love like this of the characters above
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 4:37pm On May 10, 2019
She did not answer him. Some seconds later, Raphael kissed her on the forehead.

To his surprise, she brought her lips to his. The lips brushed against each other briefly. He moved back, but she moved her lips to his again. It was a subtle move. Her lips found what they were looking for and the two remained pasted briefly.

'We can't do that, now.' He pulled his lips away.

Her eyes were questioning.

'Janet darling, doing that will lead to something else.' There was nothing else he could say.

'What else?'

'You know, now.' He forced a smile. 'If we start kissing, before you know it, it will get to touching places I should not touch, and that will ultimately lead to sex.'

'I didn't say we should have sex.' Her protest was reactionary. 'Can't we just play?'

He sighed. Of course, they could play but it all depended on the kind of play.

He looked at her and smiled. 'Alright. This is how we do the play. Let me tell a childhood story, then you can ask questions thereafter.'

It was doubtful if she understood the import of what he had just said. She wrapped her arms around him in warm embrace. He pretended to be indifferent and started a story. She was silent, but it was again doubtful if she was paying attention. Her lips went to his again. He could not resist or move back this time around..

The kiss was long and deep. When she disengaged, they were both breathless.

He closed his eyes. Oh God, oh God, please help me.

Her smile was more like teasing him.
He had stopped his story. Somehow, He felt he must say something.

'You've not even given me response to my proposition.' The diversion was intentional. He studied her face.

'What proposition are you talking about?'

'The marriage proposition.' He grinned.

Download full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851
Re: Victims Of Passion by CaZmir: 4:47pm On May 10, 2019
Morrrre!
Re: Victims Of Passion by skubido(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 7:04am On May 11, 2019
He had stopped his story. Somehow, he felt he must say something.

'You've not even given me response to my proposition.' The diversion was intentional. He studied her face.

'What proposition are you talking about?'
'The marriage proposition.' He grinned.

'You already know what the answer is, don't you?' Her face remained calm.

He shook his head. 'I don't want to guess. Please, tell me.'

She hesitated.

'Now, don't tell me to wait for another three days!' His stern warning was dramatic.

'There's no need for that. I've got the conviction now. The answer is yes.'

He smiled and nodded approvingly. 'To God be the glory. Everything is in His hands.'

He held her hands. 'God will fulfill his promises in our lives in Jesus name.'

'Amen.'

'I'm so happy. God bless you, my dear Janet.'

He would have gone ahead with more prayers but she stopped him with another long, deep kiss. Oh God, take control, he prayed silently. Lord, please. Make her understand. Lord. Give her the understanding, maturity and grace. Please, oh Lord.

She disengaged from him and stood up. 'I guess we've had enough play for the day. I should be on my way.'

He was pleasantly surprised. He stood up too.

Her eyes went to the bulge in his groin. He was very embarrassed to see her eyes go there too.

She only smiled meaningfully.

'You've really made my day.' He moved towards the door. 'God bless you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for your understanding. The day I marry you will be a dream come true.'

She nodded without saying a word.

He offered to drive her to her house.

'Are you okay?' She stared into his face.
He was surprised by that question. 'Of course I am. I'm very alright.'

Again, she nodded meaningfully.

'And you, are you alright?' It was his turn to stare into her face.

'Of course, I am.'

He drove her to her house. Raphael was indeed excited. The almighty God had taken change of everything.

When he got to the gate, he handed the key of the car to her. He gave her a parting kiss and left. On his way back to his house, he thought over what happened in the last one hour or so. God, he nearly committed fornication with her!

What a close shave. She was carried away at a time, and he too was nearly carried away. He must be very careful next time. The kissing could easily lure, he decided. He must be very, very careful. The bed must remain undefiled.

When Janet stepped inside the spacious sitting room, she met her parents watching a movie there.

'Good evening, mum, good evening, dad.' She went over to give each a peck.

They answered her coolly.

'We called Mrs. Kweku and she told us you left the school over an hour ago.' Her father’s tone was stern. 'Where have you been?'

'Oh, dad. I've been with my good friend.' She sat comfortably on a seat.

'Is he the teacher that sat next to you during the carol?' Julie gave her daughter a far-away look.

'Yes, mum. His name is Raphael.'

Her father sighed. 'Janet, I want you to be very attentive. We'll have a little talk.'

Janet stared at him and wondered what could be so serious about what he wanted to talk about. She knew her father talked this way anytime something very serious was in the offing. But what could be so serious?

Her father stared at her too. She blinked and looked away. 'What's going on between you and that boy?' Though he tried to sound calmly, Janet could detect indignation in his voice.

Get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Passion by bossy512(f): 9:50am On May 11, 2019
Thanks for the update, more knowledge
Re: Victims Of Passion by aprilwise(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2019
Janet's parents should hold their peace. Thanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 4:31pm On May 15, 2019
Janet could not believe what had happened. She couldn't believe her father would react this way. She put her face on her palms and wept. Her mother came to calm her down.

'It's okay, dear. It's okay,' She rubbed Janet's back with her hand.

'Mum, why? Why can't I marry the person I love?'

'Calm down.' She soothed. Then almost in a whisper, she added: 'I'm not with your dad on this.'

Janet didn't know if she should be consoled by that.

'Just calm down and let's leave everything in the hands of God.' She still rubbed her back and hoped she would calm down.

Janet stopped the crying and went to her room. This latest issue spoilt her day. She didn't have a good sleep that night.

The following morning, her mind went over the whole thing again as she prepared for office. Somehow she believed her father was overreacting because he wanted her to be cautious about making her choice. Her father meant well for her, she reasoned. She believed that by the time he was convinced that there was true love between her and Raphael, he would have no option than to support them.

She got to school few minutes to eight. By eight, the morning assembly would start. She decided to send a short message to him:

Dad has expressly said he is not in support of our relationship. He actually asked me to stop seeing you. I'm in sadness.

He got the message when the assembly was going on. Immediately the assembly was over, he called her.

'I knew this would happen.' There was no surprise in his tone. 'I've already seen it in a dream. Don't worry. We have to pray seriously about it. I believe that if something is actually the will of God, then it will be.'

'I believe so too'.

'So, there's nothing to worry about.' He hoped she found him convincing. 'Let's leave everything in the hands and God.'

She laughed briefly. 'That was exactly what mummy said.'

'She's right. God is the ultimate decider.'

She sighed. 'Okay.'

'As it is, I may have to suspend seeing you in the school. Your dad can easily get people that will spy for him. For now, let's restrict our contacts to phones and probably at my house.'

'You mean we can't meet in the school again?'

Raphael could discern some panic in her voice.

Download full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851
Re: Victims Of Passion by Ann2012(f): 6:28pm On May 15, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:30pm On May 16, 2019
As it is, I may have to suspend seeing you in the school. Your dad can easily get people that will spy for him. For now, let's restrict our contacts to phones and probably at my house.'

'You mean we can't meet in the school again?'

Raphael could discern some panic in her voice.

'It is a temporary thing. Very temporary. I don't want him to feel that I'm flagrantly going against him.'

There was a long pause.

'Hello?' Raphael wanted to be sure she was still there.

'I'm still on the line. I'll see you at your place - your house - after closing today.'
'It's okay. See you then.'

Despite the fact that he had seen it coming, he felt sad about what had happened. But then, he remembered that it was the Lord's decision. There was no need he fretted over it. The term was about to come to an end. In a few days' time, the Christmas vacation would commence.

He had already marked the examination scripts and recorded them. All was set for the successful ending of the term.

By four thirty, he was already at home. Some minutes later, Janet was at his door.

'Welcome, dear. How was your day?' He could see she looked stressed up.

'So, so.'

He hugged her and sat her down.

'As I said, I already knew this would happen. There's no need to panic. It's just that we have to lie low for now.'

She nodded. 'I'll be the one to be coming.'

He agreed. 'We have to pray about it. God will not forget His own.'

She still looked worried and he had to give her more assuring words.

'It is well.' He tried a reassuring smile. 'Nothing good comes easy.'

After few more minutes, she decided to go.

'Let's pray before you go.'

She nodded in agreement. He led the prayers, supplicating that God should direct and take control of everything.

By the time she left, some of her confidence had returned. Raphael too had no reason to be doubtful of the fact that everything would end well. She drove home slowly.

As she drove, she thought over things again. She had never told her parents before that she loved a man. Raphael was the first she would aver that she was in love with.

Why couldn't her father be happy for her? Why would people place social status over love? Why must physical possession place overriding role over real love? Her mind was full of endless questions. There were many questions, but no answers.

The time was few minutes to six p.m when she drove inside the compound. She only waved at the security man greeting her. She took her clutch bag and went straight to her room.

She dropped her bag on the bed and changed into a baggy shorts and t-shirt. She then lay on the bed with her eyes closed. She admired the calmness of Raphael. She knew he wouldn't actually find the situation funny at all. A situation like this wasn't palatable in anyway.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by CaZmir: 8:07pm On May 16, 2019
LoveToRead
keep it coming.
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 7:23am On May 18, 2019
Janet decided to tell her sister what was happening. Yes, she would let her know that she too had a lover but that their father was the obstacle to her happiness.

There was a knock on the door.

'Come in.'

'Good evening, aunty Janet.' Zizi walked in and placed a tray of fruits on the table.

There were bananas and sliced pineapples there. Zizi knew these were her favorite fruits.

Janet opened her eyes and sat up on the bed.

'Good evening Zizi. Thank you very much.'

'You're welcome. How was your day?'
'Fine, thank you.'

Zizi's eyes went to the television set. 'Should I switch on the t.v for you?'

Janet shook her head. 'Thanks but don't worry for now. I'll do that later.'

Zizi nodded and left the room. Janet went to the attached bathroom to wash her hands. She then took some of the fruits. More than half an hour later, Helen came to the house and came to Janet's room. She looked radiant these days.

'Hello, Janet baby.' She smiled at her.

'Good evening, sister.'

'Guess what? That my new guy is very serious.' Helen came to sit by Janet's side on the bed.

'What happened?'

Helen dipped her hand in her bag, opened it and brought out bundles of naira notes. 'I just converted these from dollars. He sent me two thousand dollars for Christmas. Isn't that romantic?'

Janet smiled and nodded. 'All these for Christmas?'

Helen laughed. 'Yes. Not only that, he said by the end of March, he would be in Nigeria to formalize our marriage.'

Janet was torn between happiness and worry .'Everything is going too fast, dear sis.'

'All for good.' Helen would not be dampened. 'All for good, dear Janet.'

Janet didn't want to spoil her sister's mood so she decided to keep quiet.

Helen stopped her smile and looked at Janet seriously..

'I have an advice for you. Drop that your teacher lover and look for a real man like mine.'

Janet opened her mouth in surprise. 'How did you know about him? And how could you ask me to drop him?'

Helen remained caustic. 'I saw how moody you were last night and I asked mum what could be bothering you. And told me how she and dad discovered that you were dating that guy and how dad was upset about it.'

'I was just about to tell you. I was going to tell you about him.' She looked sadly at her sister. 'Does that mean you support dad on this?'

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by bossy512(f): 9:37am On May 18, 2019
Janet God will take control, thanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by aprilwise(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2019
Janet will overcome. Thanks
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:25am On May 20, 2019
She looked sadly at her sister. 'Does that mean you support dad on this?'

'Why not?' Helen scoffed. 'Listen Janet, you need a man that could take care of you. Why must you be stuck with a mere teacher?'

'Oh God! I can't believe you're saying this.' Janet felt like crying. 'Where is love?'

Helen shook her head emphatically. 'Use your head, dear sister. Love without comfort is hell.'

Janet did not say anything again. She only shook her head sadly.

Helen stood up. She brought out the wads of currency again.

'What is love if the guy can't provide you with enough of this?' She held the wads to Janet's face. 'Is it love that will bring the best of meals, clothes, cars, houses and other good things?'

Still, Janet didn't answer her.

Helen removed a bundle from the currency notes and stretched her hand towards Janet. 'Have this. This is your own share that I've decided to give you.'

Janet made no move to take it. Helen smiled again and dropped it on her bed.

'Don't be proud, Janet. As for that your guy, be realistic. Happy Christmas in advance.' She smiled, playfully touched Janet's cheeks and walked out of the room.

Janet watched her sister leave in silence. She was disappointed at her. She had thought Helen would go for love. Janet sighed deeply and shrugged. At least she had her mother to her side. Even if she didn't have anybody to her side, she believed God was on her side.

Her eyes went to the money her sister dropped on the bed. Money was vital, no doubt; but must it be placed above love? Must people always believe that without money there could be no love?

She decided she would keep the money for as long as possible. Her mind went to her sister again. What made her think that with money she would get happiness?

What even made her believe that this new man that had breezed in from nowhere was the right man for her?

Janet had told her sister to take her spiritual life seriously and to seek the eyes of God in all endeavors. So far, Helen had spurned the wise counseling. No problem. Janet decided she would not give up on the issue.

Later, when Janet joined the others for dinner, she tried to look cool and unperturbed. Her dad had not yet come, so it was only her mother, sister and herself that were at the dining table. Not long after the meal she excused herself from the sitting room and went to her room.

She didn't even feel like watching the television. She just lay on the bed and remained in that position until she slept off.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by FairCritic(m): 4:01am On May 21, 2019
Nice update.
Re: Victims Of Passion by bossy512(f): 9:11am On May 21, 2019
Thanks for the update, Janet God is you
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 7:56pm On May 21, 2019
When Janet joined the others for dinner, she tried to look cool and unperturbed. Her dad had not yet come, so it was only her mother, sister and herself that were at the dining table. Not long after the meal she excused herself from the sitting room and went to her room.

She didn't even feel like watching the television. She just lay on the bed and remained in that position until she slept off.

As soon as Nonso stepped inside the sitting room of his house, he could sense that his wife was in a foul mood. She was alone in the sitting room. Even the television set that could have kept her company was switched off.

Since Rhoda was sent out of the house many weeks ago, there had been no replacement. As a matter of fact, Madam Rose had decided that she would not employ any house maid again. She now told anyone who cared to listen how seductive and dangerous house maids were.

'Good evening.' Nonso sat heavily on the sofa.

'Good evening.' Rose's didn't even turn to look at him. Nonso sighed, stood up and went straight to their bedroom upstairs. Not long after he got there, she came to join him.

'There's a matter bothering me that we need to discuss.' She came to sit by his side on the bed.

Nonso too refused to turn to her. 'What could be bothering you?'

'Papa Chuck, please tell me if it's true?'

He turned to stare at her briefly. "Tell you what? Tell you that what is is true?'

She moved closer to him. 'Is it true that you're still seeing that girl - Rhoda? Is it true that you took her to a place for shopping?'

Nonso spent several seconds to stare at his wife. 'Who's feeding you with all these gibberish?'

'Don't worry about who's feeding me. Tell me, is it true or not?'

'It's not true.' His left hand went up to scratch his head.

'Eh, papa Chucks. Don't allow the devil to keep using you o. Don't give in to the schemes of the devil.'

'I don't know what you're talking about, woman.' His countenance was made to look grievous, but he wouldn't be too sure she was taken in by that.

'Of course you know what I'm talking about. You allowed that girl to bewitch you.

That small girl. She's even younger than your last born! Don't you have shame? Ehn, you no dey get shame?'

'Woman, you're just shouting over nothing.'

'Okay. Continue to deny it. Continue to deny that you're still having an affair with that girl.'

He did not say anything again. Instead, he wore his slippers, left the bed.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by FairCritic(m): 6:33am On May 22, 2019
Nice update
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:30pm On May 22, 2019
'Okay. Continue to deny it. Continue to deny that you're still having an affair with that girl.'

He did not say anything again. Instead, he wore his slippers, left the bedroom and moved to the staircase. His wife followed him.

'A small girl like that. What are you gaining from her? How could you leave your wife and be romancing that girl? You no dey shame?'

With that, Rose broke down in tears. Her hysterics made her look pathetic. Nonso ignored her, went down to the sitting room and switched on the television.

On the day the school would vacate for the Christmas break, Raphael received an uncommon message that Mrs. Kweku wanted to see him. He went to her office, pronto.

'Good morning, madam.'

'Good morning, Mr. Johnson. Please sit down.'

'Thank you.' He sat down and studied the woman.

Mrs. Kweku was going through a file. Raphael waited.

She stopped what she was doing to attend to him.

'I got a message for you from the director.' She removed her eyes glasses, wiped them and put them on again.

'The director?' That was Mr. LaVos himself.

'Yes. He said you must not have anything to do with his daughter, Janet, whether in the school, in your residence, or any other place, again. Henceforth, he doesn't want you to have any unofficial relationship or personal relationship with her. He warned that your job is on the line if you violate his directives.'

Raphael felt he was in a trap already. 'Is it that serious?' His voice was gruffly.

'It's very serious.' The woman looked at him intently. 'If I may ask Raphael, what's the relationship between you and Janet?'

Raphael smiled. 'It's a cordial one that we're hoping will lead to marriage.'

'Really?' Mrs. Kweku expressed surprizse. 'I know the two of you are quite close, but I didn't know it was a very serious one. You have to be careful Raphael. Mr. LaVos always means what he says. We still need your service in this school.'

Raphael made a wry smile. 'Thank you, madam.'

Get the full download from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by bossy512(f): 8:05pm On May 22, 2019
Hmmm, this serious o, thanks for the update
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 5:48am On May 24, 2019
'Really?' Mrs. Kweku expressed surprise. 'I know the two of you are quite close, but I didn't know it was a very serious one. You have to be careful Raphael. Mr. LaVos always means what he says. We still need your service in this school.'

Raphael made a wry smile. 'Thank you, madam.'

'I'll advise that the two of you mellow down for now. He may still change his mind, but be careful.'

'Thank you ma'am.' He stood up. 'Have a nice day, ma'am.'

He left her office a troubled person. Not long after he got back to the staff room, Janet called him.

'What did Mrs. Kweku discuss with you?' She must have seen him when he went to the woman's office.

'Give me a minute. I'll call you back.'

He was within the hearing range of some teachers and he wouldn't want them to eavesdrop.

He left the staff room to a safe place. Then he called her.

'She called to let me know that your father sent a strong warning about our relationship. He warned that my job is on the line if I don't stop the relationship.'

She gasped over the line. 'How could dad be taking this so seriously? How could he be threatening you with sack?'

'Well, that's the latest development,' he said.

'He even warned that whether in the school or elsewhere, the relationship must stop.'

She hissed. 'That one will not work. I'll come and see you when we close today.'

He paused briefly. 'Alright.'

'See you.' She cut off the line.

He went back to work. By two p.m there was a brief staff meeting presided over by Mrs Kweku, the Administrator. There was a short assembly
after the meeting and the school started its holiday. All the while, Raphael avoided coming close to Janet.

He thought over the whole matter. There was no doubt that he it would be saddening if he should lose the job. The school paid much better than most private schools, besides some other benefits.

In an economy saturated with many unemployed youth, joining the labour market would not be funny at all. But what should he do?

If he continued with the relationship, and that would most likely happen, then he should get ready for the sack. The only saving grace would be if Mr. LaVos had a change of heart. Oh God, please intervene, Raphael prayed.

He left the school after other teachers had gone. Even Janet's car was no longer at the car park. On his way home, Raphael decided he would tell the pastor of his church his dilemma.

When he got to the building of his apartment, he saw Janet's car already parked in front of the house. She was in the driver's seat, waiting for him.

He went to meet her. 'Hello. Sorry to keep you waiting. Hope you've not been waiting for long.'

She tried a smile. 'Not for too long,' She came out of the car. 'I called your number to let you know I'm here already. It was ringing without response.'

'Really? I didn't know.' He searched his pockets for the phone. It was then he remembered he had put it in his bag just before he left the school.

'Sorry I kept it in my bag and it's only on vibration.' He checked the phone and saw three missed calls.

She locked the car and followed him inside his apartment.

'How are you, dear?' He tried a warm smile. Despite trying to look calm, there was no doubt that the two of them were ruffled.

She sat on the sofa while he went to the fridge to bring a pack of fruits juice and two glasses.

He handed her one of the glasses and filled it up.

'Thanks.' She sipped slowly. 'I went to see Mrs. Kweku to ask for the details of what dad told her.'

Raphael nodded his head.

'I'm going to tell mum all about it when I get home. I'm not finding all this funny at all.'

'Certainly, it's not funny.' Of course, he didn't find it funny.

'That one about not seeing you will not work. There's no way I'll stop coming here.' Her face showed fierce determination.

Download full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:42am On May 25, 2019
Raphael nodded his head.

'I'm going to tell mum all about it when I get home. I'm not finding all this funny at all.'

'Certainly, it's not funny.' Of course, he didn't find it funny.

'That one about not seeing you will not work. There's no way I'll stop coming here.' Her face showed fierce determination.

He sipped his juice without saying a word. Janet gazed at him.

'Or d'you want me to stop coming?' She searched his face.

He appeared to be in thoughts. She waited for his response.

'I don't know.' His face was clouded in uncertainty.

'So, you want me to stop coming.' Her tone became that of sadness.

He quickly looked up. He was surprised to see tears in her eyes.

'No, no, no, I didn't say that, my dear.' He went to sit by her side and wrapped his right hand round her.

'You're welcome anytime to my place' He gave her a peck. 'I can't ever ask you to stop coming.'

'Even at the risk of losing your job?' She smiled wryly.

'Even at the risk of losing the job.' He grinned.

She sighed. 'I'm sorry I put you into this mess.'

He shook his head. 'You didn't put me in any mess and there's nothing to be sorry about.'

'I'll tell mum.' It was the second time she would be saying so. 'I hope she'll be able to do something about it.'

He nodded again. She wrapped her hands round his neck.

'Let me assure you that whatever happens to you will affect me. I can't back out now, Raphael. I can't leave you.'

'I can't leave you too. Let whatever will happen be.' He nodded reassuringly. 'I believe good result will be the outcome.'

Their lips came together. Many seconds later, they were still in that posture. He could feel the softness of her lips and her body. His right hand
traced the outline of her bra from the strap on her shoulders to the hook at the back.
Her light pink satin top was still on, but he had no intention of removing it or any other thing. He had no intention of leading her to the bedroom
too. He was content just holding her like that and feeling her.

He could also feel her heart beat. At that moment, Raphael forgot all his worries. He felt so happy to hold her so tight.

She too could feel the hardness of his chest against hers. She could feel his deep, fast breath. She felt like removing his right hand from her
back and placing it on her bosom, but decided against it.

There was a knock on his door. He stopped the kiss and looked towards the door.

The knock came again.

'Now who could that be?' His mind raced as he wondered who it could be.

'Excuse me.' He disengaged himself from her and stood up. He went to the door.

It was Dave, a co-tenant.

'Sorry I want to drive out.' Dave smiled apologetically. 'The car of your visitor is quite obstructing and needs to be re-parked.'

'Oh, sorry about that.' Raphael went back to take the car keys from the table and went to re-park Janet's car. Then he went back to join his love.

She smiled up at him. He sat down by her side and held her hands. They stared into each other's eyes. He was the first to break the silence.

'I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed you like that. It could be tempting.'

She shrugged.

'I will always love you, no matter what.' He winked.

'I know.' She winked back.

He nodded. 'Yes, the two of us know.'

She came to wrap her hands around his neck again.

'I love you so much.' Her voice was cool and dreamy.

'I love you so, so much.'

In his mind, he thanked God for everything. God was, indeed, his strength. If not God, how would he have held himself back in the first place?
How would he have succeeded in holding himself back from going beyond what he had done with her?

She too appeared to be very understanding. But it was more like she was teasing him and watching how strong he was in restraining himself.
That was Raphael's thinking. Whether he was correct or not, he knew he had not done so bad.

Download full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by aprilwise(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2019
There must be obstacles before success. Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The One Who Awaits / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Maria: The Sequel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.