₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,274,271 members, 4,983,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2019 at 01:42 PM

Victims Of Passion - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Victims Of Passion (28816 Views)

Dwelling Place Of Passion / VICTIMS- Fiction / Story Pursuit Of Passion By Ayodeji Oyekanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:00am On Jun 06
The moment Janet disconnected the line, she realized she had a headache. She dropped the phone on her bed and went downstairs. She could not even think straight. What Becky had said was too much for her.

She met Zizi in the kitchen.

'Well-done. Can you please get me some analgesics? I have a headache.' She touched her forehead slightly.

'Sorry, auntie. Go back to your room and relax. I'll get them for you pronto.'

Janet nodded and went back to her room. Her phone was ringing. Without even bothering about who was calling, she cut off the call and switched off the phone. She felt she had heard enough for the day.

Moments later, Zizi came with a small tray containing a glass of water, a glass of milk and a packet containing the drug.

'I added the milk to calm you down.' She smiled as she put the tray on the stool.

'Thank you. That was very thoughtful of you.'

Janet took the drug, took some milk and lay on the bed. She must clear her thoughts before she would know what to do next.

It was after eight in the evening when Raphael decided to call Janet. He tried her two lines and was surprised that none was going. That was a surprise. He had always been able to get across to her anytime he desired.

The following morning, he still tried her line around eight a.m. and could still not get through. It was a Saturday morning and she was supposed to be in the house.

He hoped nothing had gone wrong with her. He would have gone to check her in her house but no one needed to remind him that the place was a no go area. He would just have to wait and keep trying her line.

He was frying eggs in the kitchen when he heard knock at the entrance door. His mind was in frenzy. If that should be Becky, he would not allow her to enter his apartment. She had terribly disappointed him. No more hobnobbing with her.

Janet was the one at the door.

'Oh dear. Thank God. I've been so worried about you.'

He eagerly opened the door. 'I've been calling your lines since last night. Come in. Please, come in.'

She walked in coolly.

'Just one minute.' He raised a finger up to take the excuse. He then rushed back to the kitchen. He was there for moments before he came to rejoin her in the sitting room.

He was surprised she was still on her feet. 'Please sit down. Why're you standing up?' He saw her long face and became worried.

Get the full story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

Read other interesting stories: https://thrillplus.blogspot.com/

3 Likes

Re: Victims Of Passion by DemiKOL(f): 2:11pm On Jun 06
thanks for the update op! but the update is short o...
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:13am On Jun 08
He was frying eggs in the kitchen when he heard knock at the entrance door. His mind was in frenzy. If that should be Becky, he would not allow her to enter his apartment. She had terribly disappointed him. No more hobnobbing with her.

Janet was the one at the door.

'Oh dear. Thank God. I've been so worried about you.' He eagerly opened the door. 'I've been calling your lines since last night. Come in. Please, come in.'

She walked in coolly.

'Just one minute.' He raised a finger up to take the excuse. He then rushed back to the kitchen. He was there for moments before he came to rejoin her in the sitting room.

He was surprised she was still on her feet. 'Please sit down. Why're you standing up?' He saw her long face and became worried.

'What could be the problem, my dear? You look distressed. But why are you still standing? Sit down.'

He pointed at the seats for dramatic effect.

'I'm okay like this. I came to find out some things.' Her voice was cool, almost cold.

'What things could be so important that you look like this and act strangely?'

She faced him squarely to bare her mind. 'Raphael, why did you lie about your relationship with Becky? Why did you deceive me about love?'

He was shocked. His countenance changed from curiosity to perplexity.

'What...what are you talking about?'

'You know what I'm talking about!' Janet's voice shot up. 'Was Becky not here yesterday?'

'Yes...but...'

'Why did you deceive me about your relationship with her?'

He shook his head vigorously. 'I didn't deceive you. I told you that we were just friends.'

'Just friends.' Janet snorted. 'Just friends, yet you sleep with her and promised you would not leave her.'

'Me?! Lailai. It is not possible.' His eyes were pleading for understanding. 'She was only a friend. I never promised her anything. We were never lovers. She was only a friend.'

Janet could not be mollified. 'And why would you want to force your way with her? Has she not been giving it to you before? Why did you want to force her to have it with you yesterday?'

Raphael nodded knowingly. 'I can see that she's the one feeding you with lies. All these are lies from the pit of hell. It is true she was here yesterday after you had gone.

'She's the one I should accuse of sexual harassment. She was the one trying to seduce me, but she didn't succeed. She...'

She stopped hm.

'Let me ask you this simple question: Is her underwear in this house or not?'

The question hit him hard. Now, he knew he was in a big fix. Lying could temporarily save him, but the truth would put him in a bigger mess. Despite the odds, he opted for the latter.

'Answer the question.' She glared at him, while he smiled sadly.

'Yes, it is, but I can explain that.'

Janet shook her head. She had confirmed what she needed to confirm. 'I'm sorry, Raphael. This relationship is over.'

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by CaZmir: 8:24am On Jun 08
loveToRead
Nice work, more.
Re: Victims Of Passion by Immarocks(f): 8:13am On Jun 09
lovely story.....
Re: Victims Of Passion by rattyo3(m): 8:43pm On Jun 09
LoveToRead:

Janet shook her head. She had confirmed what she needed to confirm. 'I'm sorry, Raphael. This relationship is over.'

OVER?!!!

it's only God that can intervene at this point, the thunder that will strike that Becky is doing press-up.

Thank you for the update.
Re: Victims Of Passion by skubido(m): 1:42pm On Jun 11
LoveToRead:

Thanks for your interests. Yes my WhatsApp number is 08113703920. (glo line). You can recharge that very line.

Need the PDF.
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 6:41am On Jun 12
skubido:

Need the PDF.

You can send GLO recharge pin number of N100 to lovetoread604@gmail.com

Modified
I have sent it to your email address
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 7:06am On Jun 12
The question hit him hard. Now, he knew he was in a big fix. Lying could temporarily save him, but the truth would put him in a bigger mess. Despite the odds, he opted for the latter.

'Answer the question.' She glared at him, while he smiled sadly.

'Yes, it is, but I can explain that.'

She made to step out of the apartment.

'Wait, Janet, wait.' He looked pathetic. Sweats dotted his brows. 'Let me explain. I ...'

She wasn't listening anymore. She left his apartment for her car which she had parked outside the compound.

He followed. Flustered as he was, he tried to look calm.

'Becky deliberately left it there.' The words rushed out of his mouth.. 'It was later after she had gone that I saw it. I wasn't inside with her when she removed it. I didn't do anything or tried anything with her.'

Janet opened the car door, sat swiftly at the driver's seat and slammed the door shut. She did not even look at him as he came to the side of the car. She kicked the engine into life.

He was astonished as he watched her drive off. This must be a nightmare, he thought in dejection. How could Becky do this to him? She had tried to seduce him and had come with this scheme of being the victim!

Download full story: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by rukidanty: 8:11am On Jun 12
why you like short updates self.its making the story boring

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of Passion by aprilwise(m): 12:13pm On Jun 12
The short updates are killing the vibe of the story. Pls make it longer. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Victims Of Passion by djon78(m): 3:20pm On Jun 12
@ love to read check your gmail
Re: Victims Of Passion by skubido(m): 4:52pm On Jun 12
LoveToRead:

You can send GLO recharge pin number of N100 to lovetoread604@gmail.com

Modified
I have sent it to your email address

Seen, tanks
Re: Victims Of Passion by rezky(m): 7:16pm On Jun 15
...i tried to get d story on okada books through the link u provided.., bt the page shows the story is nt available...., hw can i get it?
Re: Victims Of Passion by LoveToRead: 9:23am
rezky:
...i tried to get d story on okada books through the link u provided.., bt the page shows the story is nt available...., hw can i get it?

I hope you are not trying the old link. Try this: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

Or send glo recharge card of N100 to lovetoread604@gmail.com to get the PDF.

Thanks for your interest.
Re: Victims Of Passion by Sensitivity1254: 11:40am
You don't want to update any of your stories again or you don tire or you Don down tool or.....

LoveToRead:

I hope you are not trying the old link. Try this: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/victims_of_passion/26851

Re: Victims Of Passion by rezky(m): 11:55am
LoveToRead:

Ok...
But i dnt understand dat okada books platform.
i refill d day i wnt to get this story.... bt getting there this morning i saw #0.00....naso dem dey chop pple monee..?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.