Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary (53388 Views)

How Balafamo Bought The Itel S18 & Won 2 Million Naira In Itel Black Friday / Nigerian Lady Shares Photos From Her Simple Wedding Ceremony / Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by ozoneymcm: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
princfred:
Abeg remember to say that to feminist too.
I will
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2018
I don't really like white wedding and if I am to have one it will be in a garden with just my family and few friends. I wish God will give me a man that understands this. traditional marriage and court wedding is enough for me

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by princfred(m): 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2018
ozoneymcm:

The op didn't have to add that traditional wedding is included hence extra expenses which wouldn't be included if an American was getting married. Even during the wedding reception, amala, pounded yam, fresh fish etc will be included. That is what we are talking abbout
I mean, you advocate Africans should stick to their culture so why church wedding at all based on your logic ?
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by ozoneymcm: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2018
princfred:
I mean, you advocate Africans should stick to their culture so why church wedding at all based on your logic ?
You have to understand that though Christianity was introduced to Africa, there is now what I'd term as the African way of practicing Christianity. The things you see in Nigerian churches today, you wouldn't see it in London or Chicago. Not to say too much, Christianity or even Islam is now part of African culture
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by ozoneymcm: 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2018
Goldstar24:
I don't really like white wedding and if I am to have one it will be in a garden with just my family and few friends. I wish God will give me a man that understands this. traditional marriage and court wedding is enough for me
Just like I told the man who said something similar to your post, that traditional wedding u mentioned isn't child's play, if u really envy the American way of doing weddings, that is the part you will leave out
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 20, 2018
highchief1:
weite me directly even if na one black label make I do u
guy abeg check ur mail
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by princfred(m): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2018
ozoneymcm:

You have to understand that though Christianity was introduced to Africa, there is now what I'd term as the African way of practicing Christianity. The things you see in Nigerian churches today, you wouldn't see it in London or Chicago. Not to say too much, Christianity or even Islam is now part of African culture
Thats the thing; Africans half-copy then bastardize western culture with their uncivilized minds. If you advocate strictly sticking to African culture then no white marriage. If its to copy then it should be copied well (not copy only what but also how and how-not) as is practised and as the op showed. Just like feminisn and democracy . Copy a western culture correctly along with what makes the concept worthwhile-(the how and how not) or stick to the African culture, simple. All these half, mis-copy is not doing Africa any good.
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Aleora(f): 8:12am On Oct 20, 2018
famousbowale:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214263019823362&id=1051636033
kind of wedding I want, not more than 25 people....God of Abraham......I love this
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by highchief1: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2018
patoski39:
guy abeg check ur mail
ok
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2018
safarigirl:
i am not poor, so, why will I accept a poor man? I am not rich, so, what am I doing with a rich man or a fancy wedding? If trad is all we can afford, fine. I don't even like seeing people, so, the fewer people I have to see on my wedding day, the better for me

The bride price in my village is #5, surely anybody I am marrying ought to have #5.....i don't come from a big family, I barely even know members of my extended family, so, who is my husband paying to? People that are not in Nigeria?

I have no business with a poor man, especially one who is not only financially poor, but also mentally poor. I cannot be with anyone who has no ambition, no plans to better himself and no gifts whatsoever with which he can better himself. So, what do you mean "if he is poor"? Because even my father would not collect bride price from any man who has no promise
Good answer!
Well said.
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by ozoneymcm: 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
princfred:
Thats the thing; Africans half-copy then bastardize western culture with their uncivilized minds. If you advocate strictly sticking to African culture then no white marriage. If its to copy then it should be copied well (not copy only what but also how and how-not) as is practised and as the op showed. Just like feminisn and democracy . Copy a western culture correctly along with what makes the concept worthwhile-(the how and how not) or stick to the African culture, simple. All these half, mis-copy is not doing Africa any good.
The reason for the post by the op is the cost of arranging "our" weddings. The bottom line is that most of the things that make African weddings expensive are within the traditional marriage so whether you copy the white wedding well or not, money will be consumed
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by princfred(m): 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
ozoneymcm:

The reason for the post by the op is the cost of arranging "our" weddings. The bottom line is that most of the things that make African weddings expensive are within the traditional marriage so whether you copy the white wedding well or not, money will be consumed
that is where the black has to jettison his culture or evolve it in light of better ways instead of remining slaves to the ways of the forefathers in a fast changing world at his detriment. That is where cultural dynamism is a good thing. Why not blacks keep killing twins if they really want to stick to the old ways? Solution copy fully and well not half and evolve
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 22, 2018
flyca:
Osho-free 5 naira husbands everywhere! Hewh! undecided

Cc: Ugosample, Baronnaire, samisj4real, Constantiney

5 naira husbands abi? I don't blame u, since u r not d1 sponsoring d wedding. U female folks will want gender equality after d man must av spent his life savings wedding u!
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by flyca: 7:19am On Oct 22, 2018
Tozinetita:

5 naira husbands abi? I don't blame u, since u r not d1 sponsoring d wedding. U female folks will want gender equality after d man must av spent his life savings wedding u!

Says who? Nowadays, women work! Those who know their worth have a reasonable source of income before marriage, join finances with their spouses to make their weddings happen, build their homes together with their spouses too.

The problem is - will male folks bend down and help their wives in the kitchen and house chores? Help around in the house? To keep clean and tidy since both parties work to create a financially stronger family

Or you allow your women work their asses off, bring in money to the table and still clean up after you, shuooooo? undecided

My advice - stop rollong with underaged (financially dependent) girls.
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by CanineOfJackal: 11:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
flyca:

Says who? Nowadays, women work! Those know their worth have a reasonable source of income before marriage, join finances with their spouses to make their weddings happen, build their homes together with their spouses too.

The problem is - will male folks bend down and help their wives in the kitchen and house chores? Help around in the house? To keep clean and tidy since both parties work to create a financially stronger family

Or you allow your women work their asses off, bring in money to the table and still clean up after you, shuooooo? undecided

My advice - stop rollong with underaged (financially dependent) girls.
continue talking this way and you will have a big Fan in me.
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2018
flyca:

Says who? Nowadays, women work! Those know their worth have a reasonable source

U sound a bit smart tho!
Is dat really ur photo in d dp?
I'd like 2 contact u if u r not a male hiding behind a female moniker
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2018
highchief1:
weite me directly even if na one black label make I do u
chief, I still dae wait oo
Re: Why Can't I Have A Simple Wedding Like This? #3.2 Million Is Just Unnecesary by victor8269: 11:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
highchief1:
pm me guy let’s talk
Bros, I don't know how to PM here ohhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professional Wedding & Event Coverage @ Affordable Rates! / "Are You Sure You Are 24 Or 42?" - Lady Who Celebrated Her 24th Birthday Asked / Can You Do This On Your Wedding Day? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.