Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,519 members, 7,836,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? (1625 Views)

I'm Yet To Decide On Eagles Return - Keshi / Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / Algerian Journalist Blasts Ref Benouza …he Was Harsh On Eagles- Ambrose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by supereagle(m): 5:29am On Jul 16, 2010
Indications have surfaced that Eagles manager at the 2010 World Cup, Lars Lagerback might have walked away from his 200, 000 dollars (about N30.1m) a-month job.

The Swede flew back to his country after South Korea knocked out the Eagles on June 22. He went on a two weeks break according to Nigeria Football Federation officials, but the holiday period has passed over by a week, yet there is no word from Lagerback. His six months contract is due to expire this month.

It was gathered that Lagerback who promised Nigeria a semi-final ticket has not communicated to the NFF his next line of action even as the federation awaits the contract extension offer made to him,

Lagerback who was paid his salary up front during his short spell, had suggested in South Africa that Nigeria and indeed other African countries, should try home grown coaches if they are to succeed at the global soccer fiesta.

He recommended that Nwankwo Kanu should consider coaching adding that the Eagles captain will be an excellent coach for the Eagles.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/15/lagerback-turns-his-back-on-eagles/
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by supereagle(m): 5:34am On Jul 16, 2010
Most of the foreign coaches who have coached Nigeria from the time westarnhof always run away, they always pay them upfront. It is only Bert Voghs that did not run away , his contract was terminated. These Oyinbo coaches always come to Nigeria to play us 419 .
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Acidosis(m): 6:10am On Jul 16, 2010
He should have given us this advice at the early stage.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by 12large: 6:13am On Jul 16, 2010
abeg lagerback na totally useless coach, he is the white version of amodu.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by chelseabmw(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2010
nigeria have being scammed again
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Olaolufred(m): 10:50am On Jul 16, 2010
supereagle

Most of the foreign coaches who have coached Nigeria from the time westarnhof always run away, they always pay them upfront. It is only Bert Voghs that did not run away , his contract was terminated. These Oyinbo coaches always come to Nigeria to play us 419 .

If we Nigerians must tell ourselves the real truth, we will know that none of our foriegn coaches duped us.
Rather, we duped ourselves. Who went to put down pen on paper with them? Nigerians(always Ogunjobi and others).
They are the one who signs laughable contracts to get their returns.
It is "we" who dupes not the Coaches.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 16, 2010
There is a reason no country has won the world cup with a Foreign Coach
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by supereagle(m): 5:16am On Jul 17, 2010
mikeansy:

There is a reason no country has won the world cup with a Foreign Coach

What is the reason , pls inform us. African countries keep going after them.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by rasputinn(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2010
Maga don pay,such a shame
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 19, 2010
1.) I don't think I'll understand why he was hired initially. What he did for Sweden should've been enough forboding. I didn't know Naija was into sloppy seconds.
2.) He "turned" his back on Eagles when he didn't play Odemwingie like he should've, didn't use Utaka, and expected a miracle from Kanu against S. Korea.

He's doing us a favor.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 19, 2010
supereagle:

What is the reason , pls inform us. African countries keep going after them.

Style of play. Simple.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:28am On Jul 19, 2010
ogugua88:

1.) I don't think I'll understand why he was hired initially. What he did for Sweden should've been enough forboding. I didn't know Naija was into sloppy seconds.
2.) He "turned" his back on Eagles when he didn't play Odemwingie like he should've, didn't use Utaka, and [size=18pt]expected a miracle from Kanu against S. Korea.[/size]
He's doing us a favor.

Are you saying playing Kanu was a bad idea?!

Please explain. thank you.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 19, 2010
Okija_juju:

Are you saying playing Kanu was a bad idea?!

Please explain. thank you.

When did I say it was a bad idea? lol. Should he have waited until S. Korea to play Kanu? Emphatic no. With Kanu playing, we probably could've drawn Argentina at the least. The Argies were far from impressive that day. Lagerback had no clue about the squad he had in front of him.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2010
ogugua88:

When did I say it was a bad idea? lol. Should he have waited until S. Korea to play Kanu? Emphatic no. With Kanu playing, we probably could've drawn Argentina at the least. The Argies were far from impressive that day. [size=14pt]Lagerback had no clue about the squad he had in front of him.[/size]

Very righteous statement (the highlighted parts). Thank you very much for clearing that up.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 19, 2010
Lol, no problem. Sorry for not being as clear in my original post.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by bawomolo(m): 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
i don't see how a slow kanu playing against argentina ensures a draw.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by 12large: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
kanu ko kuni ni. yes kanu was a totally bad idea, the guy is a disgracefull idiot how can a good goal scorer martins and osaze be on the bench while 2 useless old fat disgracefull fools like kanu and yakubu be on the pitch. if kanu had played against argentina it would have been minus 2, because yakubu was already minus 1. now that old nicompu has denied quitting naija team useless igbo idoit
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
I'll wait for Okija on this one.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by bawomolo(m): 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2010
12large:

kanu ko kuni ni. yes kanu was a totally bad idea, the guy is a disgracefull how can a good goal scorer martins and osaze be on the bench while 2 useless old fat disgracefull fools like kanu and yakubu be on the pitch. if kanu had played against argentina it would have been minus 2, because yakubu was already minus 1. now that old nicompu has denied quitting naija team useless igbo idoit

did martins performance in the tournament warrant a start?
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by mamagee3(f): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2010
Nigeria needs a real coach, I mean one that is actually Nigeria instead of a swedish.

I just don't get why our leaders are so daft!
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
Kanu should look into it to be honest, he mentioned it's something he'd consider.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by bawomolo(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
ogugua88:

Kanu should look into it to be honest, he mentioned it's something he'd consider.

he has no business coaching the SE as his first job.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by mamagee3(f): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2010
ogugua88:

Seriously, I would rather prefer Okocha.

Kanu is too soft and he doesn't look like someone that's strict enough to coach the Super Eagles.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by supereagle(m): 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
mama-gee:

Seriously, I would rather prefer Okocha.

Kanu is too soft and he doesn't look like someone that's strict enough to coach the Super Eagles.

Okocha ruled himself of coaching job long time ago because of the way they fire coaches all over the world. Kanu admitted that he can not lead super eagles with the types football admins we have in this country.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by mamagee3(f): 12:10am On Jul 20, 2010
^If okocha refused to coach them and kanu on the other hand hasn't acknowledged to coach them.

I wonder what becomes of Nigeria's football because apparently it's getting worse.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by supereagle(m): 5:14am On Jul 20, 2010
Amodu had a meeting with the minister of sports yesterday and the director of sports, they'' may'' extend his contract. Largerback can't come back again. Amockachi criticised him before the Minister of sports in South Africa.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2010
When we cannot drink pis.s, we eat shi.t. is lagerback or amodu all 150 million Nigerians have to offer
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by mamagee3(f): 12:44am On Jul 21, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

When we cannot drink pis.s, we eat shi.t. is lagerback or amodu all 150 million Nigerians have to offer
How does this disgusting contribution help on this thread?
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by supereagle(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2010
Amokachi spoke to the Minister of sports that they should no extend his contract , that it was wasted investment to contract him in the first place.
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by honeric01(m): 7:31am On Jul 21, 2010
Is Amokachi the new technical adviser to the sport minister?
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by Johnnny(m): 9:48am On Jul 21, 2010
honeric01:

Is Amokachi the new technical adviser to the sport minister?

I wonder o shocked shocked shocked

Pot calling kettle black tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lagerback "Turns His Back" On Eagles? by supereagle(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2010
Largerpay sidelined him, he was not even used as a ball boy. only Eguavon was given a job to monitor the opponents for him. This must have angered him.

http://www.afrikansoccer.com/2010/07/amockachi-slams-super-eagles-coach-largerback/

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIFA U-20 World Cup Round Of 16: Nigeria Vs Uruguay / January Transfer Window-updates. / Ozil The Assist King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.