Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Is It Right To Talk To God Like A Peer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Talk To God Like A Peer (255 Views)

Why Is God Like This / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Talk To God Like A Peer by clive2u(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2018
Isa 45:11 says; Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of
things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands
command ye me.. does it mean we can actually chant God?
Re: Is It Right To Talk To God Like A Peer by hotspec(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2018
I've not seen anybody referring to him as Brother God bf. His ways are different from ours. Your heart of respect and love to your fellow neighbours u see are what matters to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Talk To God Like A Peer by CuteMadridista: 8:23am On Oct 21, 2018
What?
Re: Is It Right To Talk To God Like A Peer by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
Well I think it's all about the heart...which God knows and understands.
Now I think it would be disrespectful to say, "Yo God..my bro..what's up!"
We must remember that we are speaking with Creator, the King of Kings...
So there is a certain respect that He deserves.
However, He delights in us being utterly humble, sincere, honest and vulnerable.
Tell Him what's on your heart...such as your pains, struggles, delights, concerns , fears etc. Be fully honest with Him and tell Him your deep needs.
Of course He already knows.
Ultimately, He desires a RELATIONSHIP with us.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Sunday, November 11,2018 / Should We Be Expecting World War 3: Anti Semitism/anti Shia / Church Religion Statistics In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.