Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) (41962 Views)

Court Orders AGF Fagbemi to Re-Open Dele Giwa's Murder Case / Not Just Ak-47 Ipob Security Network Carrying Bazooka Bomb Photos , Videos / Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by BitmapStudios: 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2018
Naptu2, what have you to say about this sir? cool

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
iriakanns:
we all know who killed him. fella said it was baba something.
if u call am finish na u sabi.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
All these Yoruba no just strong.. Ordinary TNT wey no reach 2% to handle house mouse nahim turn this one to barbecue so.
unfortunately For You, Dele Giwa Is From Edo State.

4 Likes

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by bluefilm: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
This story haunted my young mind for a very long time.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by daddytime(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
dubbiskelly:
Newswatch!!!! I remember reading their special edition covering his death.

I actually learnt to read and write properly through new swatch magazine, especially from the Anini and Dele's death era and today, I have authored a book without a University degree.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by MAYOWAAK: 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
For 32 years, the question " WHO KILLED DELE GIWA " remains unanswered.
The following day, I called my friend, Ojetunji Aboyade (former VC of Unife and IBB’s Economic Adviser), Babangida’s right hand man. “Your Boss’ hands are covered in blood,” I told him. “I cannot accept any honours from those hands. Neither will I accept any government representation at the Stockholm ceremony (investiture as a Nobel Laureate).” The appointment agreed upon earlier with Aboyade over the telephone – to meet the dictator and discuss the modalities for a special ceremony for the national award – should be regarded as cancelled……………………………………. After hours of debate – Aboyade, Yemi Ogunbiyi( Then MD of Guardian Newspaper) and I – we agreed that I would go ahead and keep the appointment, as if nothing had happened to affect the agenda. It would then be my turn to spring an ambush, ambush because Oje gave his word not to warn Babangida in advance that I now had negative thoughts about the national conferment. I would simply arrive with a formal letter, then set out my conditions for reinstating the honour………………………………………….. We met in IBB’s office, the dictator all set to finalise details of the participation of the Nigerian government in the Swedish event. Oje came along, as did Yemi Ogunbiyi. No sooner were courtesies over and we were seated in front of the vast presidential desk than he brought out a slim file from a drawer and carefully opened it, began to turn over some papers. It was Oje who stopped him. “ Mr President, I think we’ve run into a snag. Maybe it would be better if you heard it directly from the horse’s mouth.” Still unsuspecting, Babangida turned to me. Oh, Professor, I am sure we can sort out whatever difficulties there are. Is the Stockholm date clashing with ours?” I studied him very carefully, eyes glued to every gesture and motions of his hands and face. This was perhaps the most absurd test I ever set myself, attempting to decide, even within those first seconds, whether I was seated before an unconscionable killer, or simply an innocent drawn into some fatal survival struggle that had been engineered by his subordinates. This was a soldier to whom killing was no stranger, a schemer who had had a hand in several coup d’ etat………………………………… “Yes, Professor? Is there anything we can do from here to sort out the problem?” I kept my eyes on me, my voice dispassionate (I hoped) as I said, “I’ m afraid things have gone beyond any solution. Dele Giwa’s death has put a stop to everything. I cannot see myself accepting this national honour. In fact, I don’t think I can accept government participation in the Stockholm event. I would prefer that government stayed out of it entirely.” A chill descended on the room, and a silence that held for ages………………………………………. I watched him slowly close the file, then slide it, almost imperceptibly into the drawer. Then he asked: “Do you believe I, or the government had a hand in Dele’s death?” “I have no idea. But I am amazed that up till now, your government has failed to set up a judicial enquiry into the bizarre murder.” Slowly, he slid shut the drawer, taking time to regain his composure, “Professor, I give you my word of honour” he began, very calmly. “I have never indulged in or encouraged any act of murder in my entire career. I am a soldier, and I’ve taken part in coups, but I do not plan murders. If I decided that Dele Giwa needed to be eliminated, I would put on my uniform, put a gun in my holster, drive up to his house, enter and shoot him. But I will not for one moment engage in a sneak killing. I give you my word.”……………………………………………….. “In that case, “I said, finally, “do you agree to set up an independent judicial commission of enquiry? Transparently independent?” “Of course” he said, without hesitation. “In fact, it is something we’re discussing right now. We’ve nearly finalised the composition and I’ ll be giving them a time – limit within which they must make a re

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by stagger: 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Tap12345:

And the odi people that beheaded the innocent policemen and refused to release their corpses till date - what should happen to them ?

Those policemen were people’s fathers, brothers and sons. The odi people brought the disaster on their head.

So 3,000 old men and women were the ones that killed those policemen. Is that what you want the world to believe? Do you have sense in your head at all?

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by MAYOWAAK: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
All these Yoruba no just strong.. Ordinary TNT wey no reach 2% to handle house mouse nahim turn this one to barbecue so.

You are not only ignorant and superstitious, you are not fit to live among civilised people. Barbarism is your second nature

3 Likes

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by ozoneboy(m): 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2018
PMBtill2023:
IBB will not die well In sha allahu .....LIKE IF U AGREED,...SHARE IF U THINK OTHERWISE.

The same Awolowo who murdered millions of Igbo children will never rest in peace
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by fred04(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
They want this type of news for the HERO KANU.
It won't work.
IGBO AMAKA
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
I can never forget that day. I was in pry 4 that time.
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Mysselff2: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
Jothamthompson:

Let's pay some respect

I was just 15 years at the time. I remember crying for the man. I then decided to do two things common with him,which Ii still do till this day.
1} I changed my wrist watch hand from left to right
2) I vowed to grow and keep a mustache like he did, I still do till this day

4 Likes

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by arsenalLUVA: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
emeijeh:
I expected a topic like this on fp on my birthday, Friday October 19th.

That bloody Sunday is now 32 years ago, and counting, yet Dele's killers are still eating comfortably in their houses.

I passed through Ekperi last month, I could only but shake my head when I saw his graveside

Ekperi in Edo state?
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
arsenalLUVA:

Ekperi in Edo state?

Yes.
Dele was from Ekperi

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by somehow: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
You thought you are quoting someone with a brain.
theoldpretender:

OK...a guy that was out of power, and in prision somehow was able to mastermind an assasination, right under the noses of the DSS, NIA and DMI....

You will be telling me Buhari was responsible for the death of President John F.Kennedy...

grin
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
Mysselff2:

I was just 15 years at the time. I remember crying for the man. I then decided to do two things common with him,which Ii still do till this day.
1} I changed my wrist watch hand from left to right
2) I vowed to grow and keep a mustache like he did, I still do till this day

Really?

I turned 2 that bloody Sunday
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by chineloSA(f): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

You seem to know much about genitals

Yes. I am familiar with my own and my husbands. wink

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by bamidelle(m): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
DamZik:
Why does good people like Dele Giwa, Yaradua, etc die young? Why does evil people like Buhari, Shecow, etc live long? These are miseries to me. Someone should help me.

���
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by maasoap(m): 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2018
Letter bombed by IBB because he wanted to save his wife from national and international embarrassment of smuggling drugs.
Now, IBB is sponsoring Atiku to become Igbos president in the zoo republic. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by delphia(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
Rest on Dele. . .your killers will not die young neither will they ever enjoy 60 seconds of peace both here and hereafter
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by overboard(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
daddytime:

I actually learnt to read and write properly through new swatch magazine, especially from the Anini and Dele's death era and today, I have authored a book without a University degree.

I applaud you. Indomie gen be using bloggers/text speak to learn now.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by arsenalLUVA: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
emeijeh:

Yes.
Dele was from Ekperi

Okay, never knew.
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2018
manmoraskk:
Babangida have so much sin,, too much blood on his neck.

Yet he lives long
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

That is a very insensitive post to make.. and before you curse me out I am Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2018
ozoneboy:

The same Awolowo who murdered millions of Igbo children will never rest in peace

Awolowo's atrocious sins are still haunting Nigeria.
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

I can only imagine the kind of family you were raised in.

Can you do humanity a favor, please? If you are female, please have your womb removed, and if you are male just go for castration.

It won't do to have mini yous running amok in this world.

2 Likes

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by daddytime(m): 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
overboard:

I applaud you. Indomie gen be using bloggers/text speak to learn now.

Lol....the matter tire person...

Those where the days of the Dan Agbese, Ray Ekpu et al

There was an edition of the Newswatch in '86 or so with an article which the writer titled " the pandora's box". In fact that English gum for my brain.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
chuckjonesbaba:

Awolowo's atrocious sins are still haunting Nigeria.

And what are his sins?

Do the math yourself.

If not for Awolowo, you guys won't even be alive today. Fact.

You should be grateful to him.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2018
ozoneboy:

Your parents lied to you.

Awolowo never murdered anyone.

Ojukwu did.

Awolowo is your saviour.

Because of his intervention you guys were spared.

You should be grateful to him.

3 Likes

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Mysselff2: 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
emeijeh:

Really?

I turned 2 that bloody Sunday

Ahhh you na smallie for where i dey nahh grin grin grin grin

We don dey flip through peeleh magazines dah year for old Bendel state nah
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Mysselff2: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
arsenalLUVA:

Ekperi in Edo state?

Yes Ugbekpe Ekperi in Edo (then Bendel )state was where he hailed from
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by player007(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
So mo pe o ponu sha?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church / Ahmed Magaji Or Yekini Amoda Ogunlere Which Is Bola Tinubu's Real Name? / Opc Warns Against Unbecoming Comments Directed At Oba Akiolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.