Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) (41928 Views)

Court Orders AGF Fagbemi to Re-Open Dele Giwa's Murder Case / Not Just Ak-47 Ipob Security Network Carrying Bazooka Bomb Photos , Videos / Ayodele, Dele Giwa's Daughter Reveals How Her Dad Would Have Felt About EndSARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Godpikin99(m): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
All these Yoruba no just strong.. Ordinary TNT wey no reach 2% to handle house mouse nahim turn this one to barbecue so.
your father!!! IDIOTA LIKE U.
THE LEVEL WEY DELE GIWA REACH IN LIFE, EVEN THOUGH YOUR GENERATION DEY FLY, DEM NO FIT REACH DELE GIWA IN LIFE. MUMU ANIMALIOUS.
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by holyfather(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2018
otokx:

Yet he lives long
It could be he had no hand in this man's death
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by holyfather(m): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2018
MAYOWAAK:
For 32 years, the question " WHO KILLED DELE GIWA " remains unanswered.
The following day, I called my friend, Ojetunji Aboyade (former VC of Unife and IBB’s Economic Adviser), Babangida’s right hand man. “Your Boss’ hands are covered in blood,” I told him. “I cannot accept any honours from those hands. Neither will I accept any government representation at the Stockholm ceremony (investiture as a Nobel Laureate).” The appointment agreed upon earlier with Aboyade over the telephone – to meet the dictator and discuss the modalities for a special ceremony for the national award – should be regarded as cancelled……………………………………. After hours of debate – Aboyade, Yemi Ogunbiyi( Then MD of Guardian Newspaper) and I – we agreed that I would go ahead and keep the appointment, as if nothing had happened to affect the agenda. It would then be my turn to spring an ambush, ambush because Oje gave his word not to warn Babangida in advance that I now had negative thoughts about the national conferment. I would simply arrive with a formal letter, then set out my conditions for reinstating the honour………………………………………….. We met in IBB’s office, the dictator all set to finalise details of the participation of the Nigerian government in the Swedish event. Oje came along, as did Yemi Ogunbiyi. No sooner were courtesies over and we were seated in front of the vast presidential desk than he brought out a slim file from a drawer and carefully opened it, began to turn over some papers. It was Oje who stopped him. “ Mr President, I think we’ve run into a snag. Maybe it would be better if you heard it directly from the horse’s mouth.” Still unsuspecting, Babangida turned to me. Oh, Professor, I am sure we can sort out whatever difficulties there are. Is the Stockholm date clashing with ours?” I studied him very carefully, eyes glued to every gesture and motions of his hands and face. This was perhaps the most absurd test I ever set myself, attempting to decide, even within those first seconds, whether I was seated before an unconscionable killer, or simply an innocent drawn into some fatal survival struggle that had been engineered by his subordinates. This was a soldier to whom killing was no stranger, a schemer who had had a hand in several coup d’ etat………………………………… “Yes, Professor? Is there anything we can do from here to sort out the problem?” I kept my eyes on me, my voice dispassionate (I hoped) as I said, “I’ m afraid things have gone beyond any solution. Dele Giwa’s death has put a stop to everything. I cannot see myself accepting this national honour. In fact, I don’t think I can accept government participation in the Stockholm event. I would prefer that government stayed out of it entirely.” A chill descended on the room, and a silence that held for ages………………………………………. I watched him slowly close the file, then slide it, almost imperceptibly into the drawer. Then he asked: “Do you believe I, or the government had a hand in Dele’s death?” “I have no idea. But I am amazed that up till now, your government has failed to set up a judicial enquiry into the bizarre murder.” Slowly, he slid shut the drawer, taking time to regain his composure, “Professor, I give you my word of honour” he began, very calmly. “I have never indulged in or encouraged any act of murder in my entire career. I am a soldier, and I’ve taken part in coups, but I do not plan murders. If I decided that Dele Giwa needed to be eliminated, I would put on my uniform, put a gun in my holster, drive up to his house, enter and shoot him. But I will not for one moment engage in a sneak killing. I give you my word.”……………………………………………….. “In that case, “I said, finally, “do you agree to set up an independent judicial commission of enquiry? Transparently independent?” “Of course” he said, without hesitation. “In fact, it is something we’re discussing right now. We’ve nearly finalised the composition and I’ ll be giving them a time – limit within which they must make a re
Please who's this narrator...
IBB seems innocent
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Nerdmccoy(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2018
one minute silent �
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by MAYOWAAK: 11:32am On Oct 22, 2018
holyfather:

Please who's this narrator...
IBB seems innocent

Wole Soyinka in his book; YOU MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2018
Mysselff2:

Ahhh you na smallie for where i dey nahh grin grin grin grin

We don dey flip through peeleh magazines dah year for old Bendel state nah

Bro chill na.
I was in Benin city then too.

Respect sir

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Mysselff2: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
emeijeh:

Bro chill na.
I was in Benin city then too.

Respect sir

Nothing do you cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 3:22am On Oct 23, 2018
Ioannes:

And what are his sins?

Do the math yourself.

If not for Awolowo, you guys won't even be alive today. Fact.

You should be grateful to him.

Lol.. the blockade of food and aid to women and children. Even Hitler did not do that..
Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2018
chuckjonesbaba:

Lol.. the blockade of food and aid to women and children. Even Hitler did not do that..

You heard wrong. He only approved the blockade when it was discovered that the food and medical supplies never got to the people. Only the elites and officers had access to these supplies.

Have you seen Ojukwu's pictures during the war? Did he look malnourished there?

Eventually it has been revealed that he purposely starved the children and the women so that he could use their pictures to garner pity overseas.

Ask yourself, which kind of man would open his eyes and watch children starve to death while he himself was well fed?

Don't shake that table bro.

1 Like

Re: Dele Giwa: 32 Years After His Death By Letter Bomb (Photos) by Ignatio(m): 6:29am On Oct 24, 2018
stagger:
Very much so, as well as A.K. Togun.
Truth is evil people seem to live longer and happier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

June 12: US advises citizens in Nigeria ahead of Nationwide protests / Benin City Reborn! / Femi Fani-kayode: 'Nigeria Will Break Into 2 Or More Pieces In The Next 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.