Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,333 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:51 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (458860 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
NTUk1:

Pls how do I contact you directly, need to speak to you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Adeyinka031: 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
NTUk1:

I’m getting mixed opinions. I’m being told to attend the interview regardless.
I attended my interview without the medical result, if the interview is successful, your visa will not be issued immediately, the consulate will give you a white paper, and ask you to come back with the medical result.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Adeyinka031:
I attended my interview without the medical result, if the interview is successful, your visa will not be issued immediately, the consulate will give you a white paper, and ask you to come back with the medical result.

Wow! That’s great
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 10:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is a write up I came across and I find it interesting. What’s your take guys?

The real reason US suspends Immigrant travel Visas on Nigerians.

It has little or nothing to do with Boko Haram, has nothing to do with Buhari, has nothing to do with arrest and detention of journalist, has nothing to do with Nigeria’s ban on gays and lesbian, but has everything to do with absence of a workable system in our identification and verification processes.

The main reason Nigeria is suspended from Immigrant visas category is because Nigeria does not have a credible background investigation system that groups like Interpol can rely on to vert and certify originality.

What that means is that if someone commits a crime in lagos and relocates to Kano, there’s no system that can be used to track crimes and people across state lines.

Virtually all African countries have such systems even Ghana has it, Cameroun everyone has original birth certificates but nigeria prefers to have multiple identity cards not because they are interested in monitoring and tracking people but because they want to make money. Our country is a transaction society, you can buy anything even the human conscience.

Most responsible modern states in the world have tracking systems, but nigeria does not. A typical example, if you are about 40 years, if you go to your primary school to get your records they don’t have it. Principals and headmasters do not have computers in the 21st century.

Now only states that are considered rogue nations or failed states that do not have workable systems. Most nations in this category are nations at war. Nigeria is not at war but the irresponsible nature of our government makes Nigeria a war zone.

Now, back to US suspension, let me make it clear that only Immigrants visas are affected. Non immigrant visas are not affected. An immigrant visas is a type of visa that allows you to stay, work or even become a US citizen after you travel.

This category involves the type of visa you get when you marry an American citizen and have to relocate or the type of visas given to parents when their American citizens file for them or the visa you get through lottery.

Another category of visa affected is birth visas, these are medical tourism visas to come to America and have a baby. It is those categories of visas that are affected. Some waivers do apply. However, non immigrant visas like visitors or business visas are not affected, however going forward it will be difficult to get

What America is saying is that we cannot continue to give immigrant visas to your people if our investigators have no tools to work with to verify the true identity of your immigrant populations.

Example, someone who wins lottery or marries a US citizen, the investigators will want to check him up to primary school, but we have no records. Our government should be ashamed that we do not have a reliable working system to track Nigerians instead of deceiving the people to assume it is unfair what US has done.

Our government should be ashamed that today we are grouped with countries like Eritrea and Sudan. A sensible country, what they should be doing now is to put such a system in place, but they will not. Last year, two of my American friends visited Nigeria and came back with Nigerian international passports. That can never happen in Ghana or even Liberia. But with money you can buy a mans conscience in Nigeria.

With as little as three to five hundred dollars people are ready to subvert the law and do the unthinkable. With just Ten thousand Naira anyone can get local governments origin letters, worst still, today traders who never stepped their legs in universities are given degrees and people even serve youth service with fake results. If you are America will you continue to give immigrant visas to a country you cannot verify a simple certificate?

If you are America will you continue to give citizenship to immigrants whose entire documents for relocation to your country may have been forged?

We forge ID cards, we forge bank statements to get visas, we forge birth certificates, we forge marriage certificates, we forge election results, what is it that we do not forge?

We should not blame the US, the truth is we have failed as a nation. More disturbing, those who are clamoring that we need a working system are those who are arrested and locked up on frivolous reasons, charged with hate speech and ostracized by society.

According to my good friend Frank Anoh, he says we are a nation of criminals. I somewhat would agree with him. We are a nation of criminals. However, I blame my generation more, we continue to subvert the system for a plate of porridge. Until this independence era politicians leave the scene, Nigeria will continue to operate in the 16th century. God help us. - (copied from Princewill Odidi)

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ogalanyaidi(m): 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2020
I lived with my partner (USA CITIZEN) for 2 years in Australia. During this time, we were supposed to get married but I kept pushing and pushing. Now I have to marry her asap. What chance do I have if we apply before the new law is activated by Feb 21st 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by jokunle(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
SmartKitty:

Applying for a Fiance(e) or Spouse visa it's a waste of time and money because of the ban. Wait until the immigrants visas for Nigeria are back again.

Are they still issuing visa to k1 visa applicants? Or they are affected too by the ban ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 03, 2020
jokunle:

Are they still issuing visa to k1 visa applicants? Or they are affected too by the ban ?
They will until the end of February, many will be put just on Administrative Processing.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Larynx(m): 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kokomo:

Thanks boss, my DS-160 and visa application number were actually difference, I have placed a call to them and they have corrected it. They have now send me a new visa appointment confirmation.

God bless

Pls how did you go about correcting it ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2020

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eyinola: 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2020

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
eyinola:
u put a smile on my face grin
everything will end in praise
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eyinola: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2020
Treasureprince1:
everything will end in praise
Amen
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by linearity: 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2020
This question is for those who have attended an immigrant visa interview and/or have collected their visa package from DHL...

A dependent of mine just attended the interview and they gave the person an immigrant summary sheet that she sent me a picture of, indicating that everyone who was given an immigrant visa is require to pay $220 that will be used for processing of their card, while in the USA.

This fees is legit, but to pay this fees, one need the A-Number and the DOC Case#, but the space where these information suppose to be written on, on the document she was given is blank....

My question, it appear that the immigration summary sheet they were given after the interview is just informational, is that correct? If you attended an immigrant interview and was successful, then you were given this document, was the space for A-Number & DOC Case# also blank in yours?

Also, it appear that one will only know their A-Number & DOC Case# after they collect their package, my research indicate that; it will be staple to the immigrant visa package that one will collect from DHL....for those who have gone through this process, is that correct?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by linearity: 10:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ogalanyaidi:
I lived with my partner (USA CITIZEN) for 2 years in Australia. During this time, we were supposed to get married but I kept pushing and pushing. Now I have to marry her asap. What chance do I have if we apply before the new law is activated by Feb 21st 2020

Don't get marry because of this policy, you guys can go ahead and marry; if that is what you are planning. As far as the new rule, if you do not have an immigrant visa on your passport by Feb 21st, you will be affected; except if you have attended interview before that date and were ask to go bring additional documentation e.g. another I864, Declaration from a Joint Sponsor, a different Birth certificate, etc...these you will be asked to drop off and you can keep monitoring your email/phone for your passport pick up alert.

Please note that, it is not a LAW, it is just a policy change, look at it on the same level as the Lagos State Governor Sanwo-Olu banning Okada in some part of Lagos. That policy can change tomorrow, next week, next month, next year and surely with a new Democratic President in the USA, which could be next year or next five years.

So, get married and go about your life! moreso if you are married for a long time before filing for a visa, it add more credence to your story....so this policy will not be there for forever.

In fact, my believe is that; Trump exploited some loopholes in the immigration ACT, and given the polarity in the US political eliminate now, if the Democrats gets into power on all three tiers next time, they will go in and tighten those....especially the public charge Rule, which is applicable to every immigrate except IR2 children, because congress single them out and say, they will not be subject to public charge and as a result the Public charge policy did not affect them.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by chokey419(m): 1:00am On Feb 05, 2020
linearity:
This question is for those who have attended an immigrant visa interview and/or have collected their visa package from DHL...

A dependent of mine just attended the interview and they gave the person an immigrant summary sheet that she sent me a picture of, indicating that everyone who was given an immigrant visa is require to pay $220 that will be used for processing of their card, while in the USA.

This fees is legit, but to pay this fees, one need the A-Number and the DOC Case#, but the space where these information suppose to be written on, on the document she was given is blank....

My question, it appear that the immigration summary sheet they were given after the interview is just informational, is that correct? If you attended an immigrant interview and was successful, then you were given this document, was the space for A-Number & DOC Case# also blank in yours?

Also, it appear that one will only know their A-Number & DOC Case# after they collect their package, my research indicate that; it will be staple to the immigrant visa package that one will collect from DHL....for those who have gone through this process, is that correct?
It will be on your visa
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by linearity: 5:46am On Feb 05, 2020
chokey419:
It will be on your visa

Thanks, it is interesting because I have search many immigrant visas online but didn’t see it. I know it will be on the green card, but you don’t get that until you entered the US.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by linearity: 5:51am On Feb 05, 2020
linearity:

Thanks, it is interesting because I have search many immigrant visas online but didn’t see it. I know it will be on the green card, but you don’t get that until you entered the US.

Ok got it, the DOC case# is called IV# on the visa and A-number is called Registration Number.

Great they changed it to ‘Registration Number’ I hate the Allied Number with passion.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hi guys, pls I’m in Lagos now, how much should I pay for police report?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
paosca20:

The price depends on who you meet, but it shouldn’t exceed 7k.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
I did mine 8,000 and collected it less than 1hour
paosca20:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Attraction:
I did mine 8,000 and collected it less than 1hour

Great! Tnx
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
dicsnemma:

The price depends on who you meet, but it shouldn’t exceed 7k.

Great! Tnx
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
IT
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamide0147: 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
paosca20:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Daslimo: 5:07am On Feb 07, 2020
Hey guys, I am kinda stuck in a situation. I have been with my partner in Korea for almost a year and we had been planning on initiating the K1 visa application by Feb 20th. With this new policy, what would yáll advise?

Get married ASAP or initiate the K1 visa application before the Feb, 21st?

really need some kinda help or solution before someone's daughter commits suicide in korea
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Daslimo: 5:09am On Feb 07, 2020
Ogalanyaidi:

I think we are on the same boat. I just dm you...

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2020
My opinion, initiate the K1 visa and follow the process, it takes 6-7months. By the time you get to the visa issuance stage, the visa ban must have been called off.
Daslimo:
Hey guys, I am kinda stuck in a situation. I have been with my partner in Korea for almost a year and we had been planning on initiating the K1 visa application by Feb 20th. With this new policy, what would yáll advise?

Get married ASAP or initiate the K1 visa application before the Feb, 21st?

really need some kinda help or solution before someone's daughter commits suicide in korea
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 08, 2020
Why to marry? Just because of visa? Keep living together with no marriage as you did before. It looks the marriage wasn't in your plans. So now it's just rushing for your visa convenience.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
saintrise:
this is one of the things people write here that initiated the Visa ban for serious minded immigrants in the first place. If you know you dont have something tangible and important to write or contribute to help people,please keep it and DM those who can help you privately. Let us forget the tales people tell on social media about the grandious lifestyle that awaits people abroad,getting the Visa is one thing,getting a Green Card is yet another thing entirely. if your relationship isnt genuie or true,what you stand to face when you arrive will shock you. Visa officers daily swim through this page looking out for new tricks and methods people are adopting to migrate under different guises. We have lots of people with genuie intentions, if you dont have,please dont come here and hinder those who have. lots of people will have to face this Ban which we dont have an idea of when it willl be lifted. peoples wives and to be spouses are now stuck in Nigeria because of the loud and inconsiderate attitude of many. Please and please try to watch what you post so someone else doesnt get affected by what you feel must say,read through the comments and they might answer the questions you already have.
this is one of the things people write here that initiated the Visa ban for serious minded immigrants in the first place. If you know you dont have something tangible and important to write or contribute to help people,please keep it and DM those who can help you privately. Let us forget the tales people tell on social media about the grandious lifestyle that awaits people abroad,getting the Visa is one thing,getting a Green Card is yet another thing entirely. if your relationship isnt genuie or true,what you stand to face when you arrive will shock you. Visa officers daily swim through this page looking out for new tricks and methods people are adopting to migrate under different guises. We have lots of people with genuie intentions, if you dont have,please dont come here and hinder those who have. lots of people will have to face this Ban which we dont have an idea of when it willl be lifted. peoples wives and to be spouses are now stuck in Nigeria because of the loud and inconsiderate attitude of many. Please and please try to watch what you post so someone else doesnt get affected by what you feel must be said,read through the comments and they might answer the questions you already have.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=SmartKitty post=85237032]
Answer the truth.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2020
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 6:56am On Feb 09, 2020
I think that smart kitty is a Complete disrespectful, foulmouthed talkative.why people on here get engaged to us citizens and want to get married is none of your business,most times you bring nothing but bad vibes to this thread and it’s not helpful for those who need help and want to be with their partners,you might have a reservation or two but you have no right whatsoever to come at people you don’t even know,it’s called respecting other people and knowing not to cross a line.it needs to stop.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (261) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.