Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429655 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 3:45am On Feb 01, 2020
Coronavirus
Kobe
Now Visa Ban

E nor go better for buhari and his government
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 3:50am On Feb 01, 2020
What is the solution to this travel ban for those awaiting interview. Are we still meant to attend the interview. I can’t believe this is happening.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Wantedola(m): 4:00am On Feb 01, 2020
I have someone currently in the USA now for marriage. Can you dm please I'd love to talk to you personally.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lasthero: 4:41am On Feb 01, 2020
This ban news is a bad one.
Mothers will be separated from kids,
Fiance will be separated from each other.
Spouses hoping to live together will be separated.

This is bad

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drsmileade: 5:49am On Feb 01, 2020
You can apply for a US visa with 3 months validity. More so, you are an immigrant.

Thanks a lot

My passport expires in August and i cant renew it until 1st Feb....learnt i need to renew it before i can book for the interview as the embassy requires over six months validity on the passport. Any ideas or advice on this?[/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drsmileade: 5:50am On Feb 01, 2020
Yes attend your intervuew if it is before February 21.

What is the solution to this travel ban for those awaiting interview. Are we still meant to attend the interview. I can’t believe this is happening. [/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 6:32am On Feb 01, 2020
Drsmileade:
Yes attend your intervuew if it is before February 21.

What is the solution to this travel ban for those awaiting interview. Are we still meant to attend the interview. I can’t believe this is happening.

And if it’s after what happens?.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Snow1: 6:43am On Feb 01, 2020
Fvk Buhari fvk Trump....Since this yr, Trump has been making stupid decisions...The ban will be lifted, but it's a matter of time.I believe delay is not denial.
Buhari and his cohorts should do the needful. Chad"s ban was lifted, if Nigeria government cooperate, it will be lifted.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:02am On Feb 01, 2020
Snow1:
Fvk Buhari fvk Trump....Since this yr, Trump has been making stupid decisions...The ban will be lifted, but it's a matter of time.I believe delay is not denial.
Buhari and his cohorts should do the needful. Chad"s ban was lifted, if Nigeria government cooperate, it will be lifted.

After how long was it lifted?
This is so disheartening cry
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drsmileade: 7:13am On Feb 01, 2020
The ban might affect you.

And if it’s after what happens?. [/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 7:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Drsmileade:
The ban might affect you.

And if it’s after what happens?.
Might? What are the chances? And what is the best step to take right now? I appreciate your help.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2020
sandraigho:

After how long was it lifted?
This is so disheartening cry

The ban on Chad was lifted after six months after the US government found improvement in Chads security standards.

It’s just so sad.
I expected our government should have taken diplomatic action since the news went viral two weeks ago.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2020
Here are my thoughts though.

To those who have secured an interview date which falls after the effect, you might likely be contacted by the embassy for an interview for an earlier date or otherwise. I’m convinced your interview will still take place.

And those who haven’t secured any date yet, you’d likely be advised by the embassy to secure a date on or before the effect.

And to those who are still on with their respective petition with USCIS or just got approved. The case might not be sent to Nigeria since we are no longer eligible. Effect from January 21st, links to immigrants visa application will be totally removed on the website.

You might choose to ignore the above as they are just my own thoughts.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:03am On Feb 01, 2020
Dutchleez:
Here are my thoughts though.

To those who have secured an interview date which falls after the effect, you might likely be contacted by the embassy for an interview for an earlier date or otherwise. I’m convinced your interview will still take place.

And those who haven’t secured any date yet, you’d likely be advised by the embassy to secure a date on or before the effect.

And to those who are still on with their respective petition with USCIS or just got approved. The case might not be sent to Nigeria since we are no longer eligible. Effect from January 21st, links to immigrants visa application will be totally removed on the website.

You might choose to ignore the above as they are just my own thoughts.
I don’t think they prevent immigrant applications, even with the ban you can still apply but will be denied under presidential proclamation/travel ban. This is sad indeed and I wish there was something that could be done about it. Only God knows if this ban will be lifted and if so how long it will take.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:05am On Feb 01, 2020
My God! I'm just speechless. I don't even know what to say. I'm sure all will be fine, let's be positive and hope for the best. I think it will be a minor setback for most of us still in the process but I'm hopeful the ban would be lifted from Nigeria. I'm honestly devastated

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Paccus: 8:09am On Feb 01, 2020
Treasureprince1:
My God! I'm just speechless. I don't even know what to say. I'm sure all will be fine, let's be positive and hope for the best. I think it will be a minor setback for most of us still in the process but I'm hopeful the ban would be lifted from Nigeria. I'm honestly devastated
for those of you that has passed NOA2, what will happen when the ban is lifted will you continue to visa application or start afresh
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 8:51am On Feb 01, 2020
Paccus:
for those of you that has passed NOA2, what will happen when the ban is lifted will you continue to visa application or start afresh
At this point we don’t know what the next steps are. We don’t know if a fresh application will be needed or what’s next.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:09am On Feb 01, 2020
I hope for the best

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Treasureprince1:
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/01/31/2020-travelvisa-restrictions

So do we just sit and wait till Nigerian government receives sense.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2020
NTUk1:

So do we just sit and wait till Nigerian government receives sense.
honestly i don't even know what to say, my wedding plans and other things put in place would really be affected if this ban affects the k1 applicants. I'm optimistic and positive the ban would be lifted soon. Please let's be strong, bond more with our fiance(e)s and hope for the best. Sadly, delay on our cases is inevitable but it will end in praise by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:43am On Feb 01, 2020
Treasureprince1:
honestly i don't even know what to say, my wedding plans and other things put in place would really be affected if this ban affects the k1 applicants. I'm optimistic and positive the ban would be lifted soon. Please let's be strong, bond more with our fiance(e)s and hope for the best. Sadly, delay on our cases is inevitable but it will end in praise by God's grace.
The ban definitely affects the K1 visa since it’s an immigrant visa. Let’s be hopefully, delay is not denial. I’m more pained that I didn’t choose a February date when I had the chance to. But God knows best in this situation.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by titilope11(m): 10:29am On Feb 01, 2020
Please does the ban also affect Nigerians abroad who wants to enter USA?

For example someone in Qatar.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by BENSU: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2020
Spousal visa is being approved for countries under visa restrictions, Iran, Iraq and others have been obtaining spousal visa through the waiver program, although only a few are being approved

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2020
NTUk1:

The ban definitely affects the K1 visa since it’s an immigrant visa. Let’s be hopefully, delay is not denial. I’m more pained that I didn’t choose a February date when I had the chance to. But God knows best in this situation.

But keep checking on the appointment page! U can reschedule! Just keep checking everyday!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Vinciotega(m): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2020
titilope11:
Please does the ban also affect Nigerians abroad who wants to enter USA?

For example someone in Qatar.

Yes it does, afar as you are a Nigerian
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
"
First, as I said before, it is important to remember that this Proclamation only restricts entry on certain categories of immigrant visas. Family members can still visit their loved ones, businesses can still employ qualified candidates, and other visits can take place on a temporary basis with a non-immigrant visa."

I just observed he used certain categories of immigrant visas and not all categories of immigrant visas. Hopefully fiance(e) and spousal visas won't be affected cry
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by RaptorX: 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
Treasureprince1:
"
First, as I said before, it is important to remember that this Proclamation only restricts entry on certain categories of immigrant visas. Family members can still visit their loved ones, businesses can still employ qualified candidates, and other visits can take place on a temporary basis with a non-immigrant visa."

I just observed he used certain categories of immigrant visas and not all categories of immigrant visas. Hopefully fiance(e) and spousal visas won't be affected cry
How did you know spousal visas will not be affected, a family member filled for his wife six months ago and is still waiting USCIS approval.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
Treasureprince1:
"

I read that too but I thought he meant visit like on a b1/b2 visa. Let’s hope for the best.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
I'll advise we calm down and not over think things, the proclamation hammered on CERTAIN CATEGORIES of immigrant visas and from what I just googled, there are several categories of immigrant visas, let's hope and pray that fiance(e) and spousal visa don't fall in the blacklisted ones,

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
Pls does this mean they have returned my passport back to the embassy? My plan was to pick it up as I travel on friday since I don't stay in Lagos. Pls advise

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by selemempe: 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
LegitBachelor:
Hi guys,

I am a K1 Visa applicant. I had to create this thread because I couldn't find a thread that's specially dedicated to Fiancee (K1) Visa Application. My motivation for the creation of this thread is the USA Visit Visa Thread which have been really helpful to lots of nairalanders and guests (shout out to LadyGuinivere and Co).

K1 Visa is unique because it has both non-immigrant and immigrant features hence the need to have a dedicated thread where issues can be thrashed out.

My hope is that both successful, delayed and intending K1 Visa applicants will be active on this thread so we can all learn from each other. Also I hope we can get the Visa Officers to offer their professional comments once in a while.

So I'll provide a brief guide on how to proceed with the K1 Visa application. Please correct me in the places where I'm wrong so I can effect the changes.

The first step in the visa application is the filling of a petition using the form I-129F by your US citizen fiancee whom you must have met in person. The filled form is submitted to USCIS at their US address. If the petition is approved, it is sent to the NVC who in turn sends it to the US Embassy here in Lagos.

Once the US Embassy receives your casefile, you can now proceed with the second step which is to fill the DS-160 form and schedule an Interview.

After the interview, you will be issued a K1 Visa if you were successful which allows you entry into the States. You must marry your fiancee within 90 days of entry.

Details of the process involved can be found here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

I recommend we all read the info on the link before asking specific questions on this thread.

There also exists an official thread created by a US Embassy Visa Officer for Immigration related questions. You may want to check it out wink.

Oya let the discussions begin smiley

Honorable Mentions
will this visa category be affected by the recent visa restrictions on immigrant visa? Kindly reply anyone
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2020
paosca20:

But keep checking on the appointment page! U can reschedule! Just keep checking everyday!
That might be a tough task but I’ll try my best. Thanks for the idea.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.