Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (431491 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I noticed that the DHL Pickup Centre in Victoria Island is the only pickup centre provided on the white form given me.

I had chosen Isolo as my desired pickup centre as its closer to me. But I'm made to understand that Isolo is not applicable for Immigrant Visa. So I'll have to "travel" once again to the Island to get my passport. I had traveled there for my medicals and also traveled there for my interview. It's well cheesy

Lol. Isolo is not far at all.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
LegitBachelor:
I noticed that the DHL Pickup Centre in Victoria Island is the only pickup centre provided on the white form given me.

I had chosen Isolo as my desired pickup centre as its closer to me. But I'm made to understand that Isolo is not applicable for Immigrant Visa. So I'll have to "travel" once again to the Island to get my passport. I had traveled there for my medicals and also traveled there for my interview. It's well cheesy

Lol baba na travel mode you don deh o. All the best baba.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone in the house.
Congrats Legit. I am so happy for you.

@ legit and all please I sake your advice. We received an email from the embassy yesterday and I make payment today at gtb. Please what is the next step to take? (Pls give me a step by step of what to do. I am a nursing mother of two baby boys and a 7yrs old boy. The stress is on me as I have no one around to help)

When do i book appointment for Medicals? Can I go for Medical before getting an appointment date?

On my profile page, I was asked of the receipt no, do I enter the receipt no and process to booking appointment ? I have not submitted my 160 form though i have filled and at reviwe stage but need to go to a cafe around to sign and submit so that I can get a print out once. (Been doing this on my phone)

If I don't get an interview date, please what do I do? As the expiry date is 18th Feb.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2019
abekeade1:

@ legit and all please I sake your advice. We received an email from the embassy yesterday and I make payment today at gtb. Please what is the next step to take? (Pls give me a step by step of what to do. I am a nursing mother of two baby boys and a 7yrs old boy. The stress is on me as I have no one around to help)

When do i book appointment for Medicals? Can I go for Medical before getting an appointment date?

On my profile page, I was asked of the receipt no, do I enter the receipt no and process to booking appointment ? I have not submitted my 160 form though i have filled and at reviwe stage but need to go to a cafe around to sign and submit so that I can get a print out once. (Been doing this on my phone)

If I don't get an interview date, please what do I do? As the expiry date is 18th Feb.

You can book an appointment with Qlife for medicals but I think you need an interview date before you can do your medicals(will leave this for those who have gone through the process already). You can always extend the duration of your case. Contact the embassy and tell them you wanna extend the date of your case. Oya djfrancis and legitbachelor you guys are needed

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 10:52pm On Jan 31, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Baba isolo no far to island compare to America na�.
Abi make me go help you collect am on your behalf ni?
How will we celebrate this on this thread o.
You have been good to people on this thread na so God get your back.

Congrats again my brother (na twins make you guys dey give them for obodo oyinbo o.). God bless your new home. Amen!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2019
Drenimarcus:

You can book an appointment with Qlife for medicals but I think you need an interview date before you can do your medicals(will leave this for those who have gone through the process already). You can always extend the duration of your case. Contact the embassy and tell them you wanna extend the date of your case. Oya djfrancis and legitbachelor you guys are needed

Tnx mate for your reply. I.am glad someone answered me .

By the way where is djfrancis o. I have not been seeing him around na.

Please you guys should come and give your sister guide abeg o.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 12:07am On Feb 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Guys, I was approved!!!

I'm so grateful to God for his mercies and blessings. The interview in itself was very brief. None of my documents or pictures was checked during the interview proper. Was just asked questions on dates. Questions like.....when did we started talking, when did we see each other in person, when did I propose. It was a smooth sail compared to the way others were grilled.

There were over 40 of us, but only 2 (that I'm aware of) were outrightly denied. Several were placed on administrative processing (visa wasn't denied though). They were given back their passport and requested to provide additional information before their visa can be issued. However many were approved at the spot and their passport retained for visa stamping.

Even though my interview time was short, I was there from 5am till 12noon. This is despite the fact that my appointment time read 6am shocked. The reason for this was because they gave priority to family members with little kids and elderly so they gave them numbers before me even though I came before them. Also another reason for the delay was because only 2 consular officers were interviewing us. Before each interview, the consular officer will go through the file thoroughly before he or she calls the applicant. It was a tiring wait but a fruitful one and I bless God for everything.

My advice to those going for the interview, just be yourself. You have nothing to fear as long as your relationship is genuine. Your fiance/petitioner, who is an American citizen, has every right to love and get married to anyone of his or her choice, whether a fellow citizen or an alien.

So relax, your fiancee chose you, so you will get the visa. Just get all your documents and commit everything to God.

@ LegitBachelor,

Congrats to you!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:45am On Feb 01, 2019
abekeade1:

Please go through this link. It will be very help fill for you
https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Nigeria&cty=Lagos

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 7:15am On Feb 01, 2019
abekeade1:

After paying the fee at GTbank, submit your DS 160 and book your interview. Go for the medicals after booking your appointment.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 7:16am On Feb 01, 2019
abekeade1:

Tnx mate for your reply. I.am glad someone answered me .

By the way where is djfrancis o. I have not been seeing him around na.

Please you guys should come and give your sister guide abeg o.

We are here o. Looking for where to hide in this cold o lol
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 7:20am On Feb 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Guys, I was approved!!!

I'm so grateful to God for his mercies and blessings. The interview in itself was very brief. None of my documents or pictures was checked during the interview proper. Was just asked questions on dates. Questions like.....when did we started talking, when did we see each other in person, when did I propose. It was a smooth sail compared to the way others were grilled.

There were over 40 of us, but only 2 (that I'm aware of) were outrightly denied. Several were placed on administrative processing (visa wasn't denied though). They were given back their passport and requested to provide additional information before their visa can be issued. However many were approved at the spot and their passport retained for visa stamping.

Even though my interview time was short, I was there from 5am till 12noon. This is despite the fact that my appointment time read 6am shocked. The reason for this was because they gave priority to family members with little kids and elderly so they gave them numbers before me even though I came before them. Also another reason for the delay was because only 2 consular officers were interviewing us. Before each interview, the consular officer will go through the file thoroughly before he or she calls the applicant. It was a tiring wait but a fruitful one and I bless God for everything.

My advice to those going for the interview, just be yourself. You have nothing to fear as long as your relationship is genuine. Your fiance/petitioner, who is an American citizen, has every right to love and get married to anyone of his or her choice, whether a fellow citizen or an alien.

So relax, your fiancee chose you, so you will get the visa. Just get all your documents and commit everything to God.

Congratulations bro. Thank God for you. The truth is that It is easy for those who prepare well and or are genuine.

Welcome to America. Will be waiting for you at the airport lol
Travel advice, If you are coming asap, get a winter jacket in Naija. It is below zero.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 7:22am On Feb 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:

I also chose Isolo as it is close to my naija address and even went there only to be referred to VI. I went to Isolo early so I was still able to meet the VI office opened. Very stress free collection process.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 7:27am On Feb 01, 2019
anjiee:
Hi guys, a quick one here

My fiance sent out our application August last year. He was contacted Jan this year for RFE(request for evidence) which is that the beneficiary should send an evidence that she intends to marry him within 90 days of arrival.

As regards the italicized sentence I need assistance, upon research I realised I wud have to write a statement(letter) which isn't an issue but the fact that my signature must be wet (these I do not understand).

I wud appreciate ur prompt response. Thanks

Cc @LegitBachelor, @djfrancis @sharpman1 and other concerned thread mates.

Hello, hope this isn't coming too late. The letter doesn't have to be wet. You can scan letter of intent to your fiancé. The only thing to be wary of is that your are to submit individual Lester of intent. Do NOT type one and sign together. Sign your and let him sign his then submit.

You may also need an updated one later to be taken to the consulate for your interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by djfrancis: 7:36am On Feb 01, 2019
anjiee:

Here's a sample of the letter I wanna use but (1). I do not understand the second paragraph. Why would I marry in my country, won't it negate the very essence of the application since it's fiance and not spouse visa? and (2). I don't have chat records wiv him, we talk more via phone calls. So I don't think the third paragraph will work as a result. Will have to scrap that out, or what do you suggest?

Better still, what other supporting document(s) would you suggest I add to the letter as proof. (3) can my dad be the witness to signature? Thanks

Cc @sharpman1 @djfrancis

Ps: we have done our introduction not engagement (traditional marriage) so no bride price was paid.

To be honest, this letter of intent is a tad too packed. There are simpler and more straightforward versions online. Change the adjectives to yours and you'd be fine.

If you have only call records, take screenshots of the calls. How come no chats at all though? You can also submit passport stamps showing entry and exit of meeting, pictures, receipts to show that you guys were at the same place at the same time

As for the dad question, I and my fiancee actually got our dads to write and sign a letter of consent to marry. We just wanted to go overboard but I don't think it was necessary so you don't have to do it

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 8:15am On Feb 01, 2019
djfrancis:

We are here o. Looking for where to hide in this cold o lol

@ djfrancis where are you @ bro? Pele sir I know how the cold dey be. Pls always keep warm o. Na Australia i dey live before. God be with you and family

@ legit where u na dey go for America o?

Me na califo lol

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:58am On Feb 01, 2019
djfrancis:

After paying the fee at GTbank, submit your DS 160 and book your interview. Go for the medicals after booking your appointment.

@abekeade1

In addition, I recommend you book your medicals such that it's at least 3 weeks to the interview date. To play safe, I did mine 6 weeks to the interview date. It normally takes 2 weeks for the medicals to be out, so 3 weeks should be enough.

Concerning scheduling an appointment date, you'll need to create a profile with ustraveldocs. It's in the same profile where you will type in your gtbank receipt number, your DS-160 form number and your passport number. You will then schedule an interview date. Usually there's a wait before available dates pop up for you to choose. Hopefully you won't have to wait for long like me (I waited for 2 months before available dates came up).

As regards the February 18 expiration, it's no problem as long as you can schedule an interview before that date. Note that there's no cause for concern if the available dates is after February 18 as long as you did the scheduling before February 18.

I hope you understand what I just wrote up there (cos it could be confusing). Lemme use an example, if interview dates pops up today, the 1st of February and all the dates available are February 19, 20, 21 and 22. There's no problem if you choose February 19 because you scheduled your appointment today, February 1, which is before the expiry date. So the watch word is that you must do the scheduling before the petition expiration date.

However if no available dates come up between now and February 18, then you'll need to send them a mail (probably a week before) requesting an extension of the petition as no dates are even available for you to choose from. Some would say the embassy would automatically extend the expiration date since they are aware that you can't even schedule but I advice you don't take chances and mail them if it comes to that.

You can also go get your Police Clearance Certificate. That could be gotten same day and has a validity of 1 year from date of issue. The Certificate actually states that it's valid only for 3 months but you can disregard it since its still valid for 1 year in the eyes of the embassy and POE guys.

Wish you and the kids the very best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2019
Concerning the Letter of Intent to Marry, we (myself and my fiancee) wrote the letter and signed together. We however did not scan but used wet signatures.

So what I did was to print out the letter and signed after which I mailed it via DHL to my fiancee who signs and then attaches it along with other relevant documents (i-129F, etc) to USCIS. We had no RFEs.

This is a more expensive procedure and a bit of time wasting (took 2 to 3 days for the letter to get to my fiance) but we didn't want to take chances with the scanning thing. But I'm told scanning of wet signatures is now being allowed. It wasn't allowed in the past though. That's why we didn't want to take chances as some consular officer who didn't get the memo can decide to ask for wet signature in the RFE. That will be time wasting as the application process will be stalled pending when the RFE has been responded to.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2019
40 is a huge number..congrats bro..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 11:04am On Feb 01, 2019
Bro pls how do I contact u..pls drop me your email or your mobile contact...Congrats once again..Happy wedding..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
Concerning scheduling an appointment date, you'll need to create a profile with ustraveldocs. It's in the same profile where you will type in your gtbank receipt number, your DS-160 form number and your passport number.

@ Legit, pleases I didn't see where to type the DS 160 number in the profile I created. I only see where to type in the receipt numbers.

And is the receipt numbers the same as transaction reference?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
abekeade1:

Concerning scheduling an appointment date, you'll need to create a profile with ustraveldocs. It's in the same profile where you will type in your gtbank receipt number, your DS-160 form number and your passport number.

@ Legit, pleases I didn't see where to type the DS 160 number in the profile I created. I only see where to type in the receipt numbers.

And is the receipt numbers the same as transaction reference?

Did you just create the profile or had used it in the past?

Regarding the receipt number, I think it should be. Did the number of digits tally?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2019
saintrise:
Bro pls how do I contact u..pls drop me your email or your mobile contact...Congrats once again..Happy wedding..
I saw your Private Message and I replied it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2019
Bro..is this your email gmail or gmai...I sent u message...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2019
Bro I didn't see your message. I don't know how this nairaland PM works..can I get your email? Or your number...thanks bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2019
saintrise:
Bro I didn't see your message. I don't know how this nairaland PM works..can I get your email? Or your number...thanks bro
Check the email you used to register in nairaland. Is it yahoo.co.uk?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by saintrise: 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
Yea bro..just checked....no trace of any mail..they will only tell me u would like like to send me a mail...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2019
saintrise:
Yea bro..just checked....no trace of any mail..they will only tell me u would like like to send me a mail...
So reply that mail and tell me what you want to tell me.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Guys, I was approved!!!

Congratulations dear... Am happy for you.... You deserve what you got, you are a good man...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2019
@ Legit, djfrancis, all, please I am finding it difficult to log in to my profile. I tried many times but still giving me "error log in" please what can I do?
Is there any email I can contact or number I can reach to rectify this problem ?

Tnx guys
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abekeade1: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Did you just create the profile or had used it in the past?

Regarding the receipt number, I think it should be. Did the number of digits tally?

Just create as a new user.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2019
djfrancis:

Congratulations bro. Thank God for you. The truth is that It is easy for those who prepare well and or are genuine.

Welcome to America. Will be waiting for you at the airport lol
Travel advice, If you are coming asap, get a winter jacket in Naija. It is below zero.

Not all the States in the US are experiencing the below zero.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
abekeade1:
@ Legit, djfrancis, all, please I am finding it difficult to log in to my profile. I tried many times but still giving me "error log in" please what can I do?
Is there any email I can contact or number I can reach to rectify this problem ?

Tnx guys

Also, try and log in from a computer. Avoid doing it from your phone.

Cheers!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.