Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (431020 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Update on my US journey.

I went to the Social Security Administration to remove the restriction on my Social Security Card. The only document I showed them was my greencard. I also filled the SS5 form which is available within the SSA building. I got there by 8:45am. They attended to me exactly 9am and I left there at 9:05am. I'm told the New Card will get to me in 7 to 10 days time.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Just a tip guys:

make sure your affidavit of support is properly filled and ensure you don't require a joint sponsor but if you do make sure you go with the joint sponsors doc too to your interview. Also get your fiance(e)s w2,tax docs and pay slips if they are available.
All this is to avoid the idea of having to drop off doc later and all that administrative processing wait with passport with you

Also I learnt that the US are avoiding immigrants that would be a liability or in welfare in a few months or years. So prepare to answer the questions
1. What do you do?
2. What are you going to do when you get to the US?

Question 2 is tricky but make sure to emphasise that you will marry the love of your life and you will work to support your growing and new family.

I hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
LegitBachelor:
Update on my US journey.

I went to the Social Security Administration to remove the restriction on my Social Security Card. The only document I showed them was my greencard. I also filled the SS5 form which is available within the SSA building. I got there by 8:45am. They attended to me exactly 9am and I left there at 9:05am. I'm told the New Card will get to me in 7 to 10 days time.

Thanks for the update Legit. These updates act as a guide to those of us behind you. Pls don’t stop...

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
LegitBachelor:
Update on my US journey.

What restriction are you talking about bro?i got my ssn a couple of weeks back and they didn’t say anything like that?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:36am On Feb 26, 2020
Sukey:

What restriction are you talking about bro?i got my ssn a couple of weeks back and they didn’t say anything like that?

Your SS card likely says:

'valid for work only with DHS authorization'

That's the restriction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:01am On Feb 26, 2020
Sorry for not replying my mentions, I was banned(twice now). Nice to know the ban doesn’t affect K1. More approvals we pray.

NB y’all expect the troublemaker back, I suspect we were both banned grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:03am On Feb 26, 2020
For those who are in, and for those who are on their way, when you go apply for your ss card, make sure all details are filled in correctly, double check again when you have your ss card in hand.

Dhs and ssa messed up with my name on my ss card, my employer tho was nice but couldn’t E-verify my identify even though I could work because of the discrepancy in my name(middle name came first). So h had to go back to ssa office to rectify it(missed a week of work). All the best to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2020
Drenimarcus:
Sorry for not replying my mentions, I was banned(twice now). Nice to know the ban doesn’t affect K1. More approvals we pray.

NB y’all expect the troublemaker back, I suspect we were both banned grin grin
Hahahahaha, welcome baba, I know he was banned too,
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 6:55am On Feb 26, 2020
I heard I have 30 days to pay for visa fee and schedule interview appointment once I fill ds160 form, please how true is this?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nayee: 8:22am On Feb 26, 2020
LegitBachelor:
Update on my US journey.

Thanks for this update. I thought the EAD card and the Green Card automatically supercedes or removes the restriction. Because the SSA card says "Valid for work only with DHS authorization."

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nayee: 8:31am On Feb 26, 2020
An unrestricted card is given to U.S. citizens and permanent residents (those with green cards). This card has no annotations and the person to whom it is issued is free to work legally in the U.S. for any employer without obtaining permission from a government agency.

nayee:

Thanks for this update. I thought the EAD card and the Green Card automatically supercedes or removes the restriction. Because the SSA card says "Valid for work only with DHS authorization."
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 9:21am On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
I heard I have 30 days to pay for visa fee and schedule interview appointment once I fill ds160 form, please how true is this?

If your case is ready tho. why the wait? I don't know about the 30days timeline but I know you have 30days to completely fill the Ds 160 and sign it after that one won't be able to retrieve that particular one. You will have to start all over.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:43am On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
You have 30days to complete the ds160 but I doubt you need 30days. Everything can be done in a day.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2020
Please can anyone know what going on about immigration people that went for interview?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2020
Those of us on VJ pls have you noticed it’s the people from other countries that are more interested in the travel ban, saying there’s no way we are not affected and now are wondering why it doesn’t affect K1 applicants. Like they really want it to affect us. I’ve never seen such in my life! The comments are just negative but God will prepare a table before us in the presence of our enemies!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2020
seyimuyide:
Please can anyone know what going on about immigration people that went for interview?
We don’t know oh, all of us are here pressing our phone looking for updates. Only one update on Vj for K1 yesterday, I believe Sandra posted it here. There was another person that mentioned that her daughter went for her interview and was put in admin processing. I’ll post the link to the thread on VJ
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730744-trumps-travel-ban-mega-thread/
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 10:48am On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:
Those of us on VJ pls have you noticed it’s the people from other countries that are more interested in the travel ban, saying there’s no way we are not affected and now are wondering why it doesn’t affect K1 applicants. Like they really want it to affect us. I’ve never seen such in my life! The comments are just negative but God will prepare a table before us in the presence of our enemies!

My dear...so annoying negative vibes from them.
Something wey no be their business o, them carry matter put for head.
God pass them jare!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2020
Good morning my people, please I need help, I'm filling ds160 form and i'm stuck, what do I fill in

1: intended date of arrival
2: intended length of stay.

I need help asap
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 11:41am On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Good morning my people, please I need help, I'm filling ds160 form and i'm stuck, what do I fill in

I need help asap
1. Put the date you intend to travel
2. Don’t remember seeing this question. Did you select K1.
Pls we need another person’s input on this.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2020
NTUk1:

1. Put the date you intend to travel
2. Don’t remember seeing this question. Did you select K1.
Pls we need another person’s input on this.
yes I selected fiance/spouse to USC on reason to travel
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:

I need help asap

Don't think I saw that when filling mine.. Please go back and ensure you selected k1.i checked mine and there is no such question..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
I figured it out already, please what do I fill in "application receipt/petition no" do i put my wac no or nvc case no?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
Laboutique:

Don't think I saw that when filling mine.. Please go back and ensure you selected k1.i checked mine and there is no such question..
I corrected it, I chose k1 and it didn't appear
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
I figured it out already, please what do I fill in "application receipt/petition no" do i put my wac no or nvc case no?

dont know about others but i used USCIS receipt number that started with WAC
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Laboutique:

okay thanks, I will use that as well
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Laboutique:

please how do I fetch postal zone/zip code or do I choose DOES NOT APPLY? Please I need guidance cry
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please do we have passport book number or do I choose DOES NOT APPLY?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
Still waiting for No2 since September 2019...such a hard but positive wait!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 1:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
Please do we have passport book number or do I choose DOES NOT APPLY?

Does not apply

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
paosca20:

Does not apply
thanks, I just completed the form

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emmarino(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Treasureprince1:
thanks, I just completed the form
Well-done bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.