Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427712 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2020
josephwilliamsd:
yes I knew that already and was beginning to wonder where it was stated that it must be more than once, anyways I believe that meeting twice or more is stronger proof but meeting just once OK so long the genuineness is there to be seen

Depending on your partner’s work schedules . The requirement is that you meet at least once, but meeting more than once increases your chances of getting approved. Many people met their partners just once and were approved (myself included), while some people also met their partners more than once and did not get approved. There are a lot of factors being considered by the VO before approving a visa I believe.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Laboutique: 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2020
josephwilliamsd:
so you're saying that meeting your fiancé only once may not be enough?

like i said it is case by case, some cases once isnt enough but i am not the judge of that, just an opinion for his case
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Jennynorberts: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2020
dicsnemma:

Whichever studio you’re using to take the passport, ask the person to email you the soft copies and attach your fiancé’s email address to the mail too.
Done. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by josephwilliamsd(m): 3:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
Laboutique:

like i said it is case by case, some cases once isnt enough but i am not the judge of that, just an opinion for his case
OK thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by greeners222(m): 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
Are you guys saying we can file for K1 visa now. The ban doesn't affect it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 7:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
US department send this to me, please what is the next step

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by davido05: 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
You just finished submitting your D260 immigrant visa form . All you need to do is wait for 3 weeks for your interview date.

seyimuyide:
US department send this to me, please what is the next step
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
Please can I have ur number so that u can explain better to me , please have my number 07067190066 so that we can talk better
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eyinola: 8:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
NTUk1:

Hey God!!! Pls have you read the proclamation document at all? To the best of my understanding the ban does not affect those in the US that are adjusting status. When you adjust status you don’t get an immigrant visa you get a green card....Abi? Pls elders correct me let’s know what we are doing. Someone pls clarify this.
those in d us who wants to adjust status d ban also affects dem
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by seyimuyide(m): 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2020
When can I do my police report and how much is the police report
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2020
eyinola:
those in d us who wants to adjust status d ban also affects dem
I’m not aware of this, from what I read it doesn’t affect those already in the US. Pls post your source so we can learn, this is shocking!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eyinola: 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
NTUk1:

I’m not aware of this, from what I read it doesn’t affect those already in the US. Pls post your source so we can learn, this is shocking!
its from first hand info my sis application is pending atm cos of d ban and if by chance u enter us now with b1b2 and decided to jappa u can't adjust status
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
eyinola:
its from first hand info my sis application is pending atm cos of d ban and if by chance u enter us now with b1b2 and decided to jappa u can't adjust status
When you say pending what do you mean? Every AOS application is going to pend before it’s approved. There are people on this forum who have and some still are adjusting their status at the moment. Surely it will be harder to adjust ur status now with a b1/b2. Did your sister go to the US on a fiancé visa?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
It was stated in several articles I read that immigrants with visas before the effective date on travel ban won’t be affected.

I guess the only challenge they’d face while adjusting status is the public charge rule.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
Sage7:
It was stated in several articles I read that immigrants with visas before the effective date on travel ban won’t be affected.

I guess the only challenge they’d face while adjusting status is the public charge rule.
Toh, at least I’m not the only one that saw it.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
eyinola:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by davido05: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2020

seyimuyide:
Please can I have ur number so that u can explain better to me , please have my number 07067190066 so that we can talk better
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Attraction: 12:14am On Feb 28, 2020
I don't think the ban affects those adjusting status via K1 visa. Meanwhile I'm in US now. Good luck to all those preparing for interview, put GOD 1st and put all your documents together. Give it your best shot. Wish you all success. Meanwhile US fineooooooo�

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 1:23am On Feb 28, 2020
[quote author=paosca20 post=86983551]This group is now active! Thank God the ban doesn’t affect k-1! Y’all shouldn’t get over excited because you’ve not crossed the finish line yet! Be humble and prepare form your interview! I can assure you that you’ll be extremely nervous on the morning of the interview���� For those of you filling your DS-160, make sure everything you fill tallies with what your fiancé stated on the I-129f petition. Don’t contradict anything, and for guys, don’t go and sleep with any girl without CD oo! If Gono catch you before medical day, na OYO o! Enjoy guys�

Are we supporting immortality while in a committed relationship here?!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 2:17am On Feb 28, 2020
[quote author=mekusa10 post=87016542][/quote]I think it's the humour part of him bro, it was quite funny and it really made me laugh.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 5:37am On Feb 28, 2020
[quote author=mekusa10 post=87016542][/quote]

Nope! But it happens. It is just a note of warning for those that want to play smart
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2020
paosca20:

Nope! But it happens. It is just a note of warning for those that want to play smart

Bro, why are you still in Nigeria dropping visa nuggets??!!

What if that guy wakes up tomorrow with a ban on all flights from naija??

Dem no dey tell blind man say war don start o
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:41am On Feb 28, 2020
Sage7:

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by paosca20: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2020
Sage7:

I’m putting some things in place first

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2020
greeners222:
Are you guys saying we can file for K1 visa now. The ban doesn't affect it

Same thing am asking but no one is giving credible answer, has the embassy released official statement in there site? This is no time for them say dem say o
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by NTUk1: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
Seems like no one on Nairaland has had an interview this week. Pls if you had your interview this week, kindly speak up so we can know what the situation is. Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
B2

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2020
kunlelikeme:
I enter Yankee yesterday with no hazzles. The guy just collected my passport, did finger print, asked for my package. He saw my pictures with my woman come dey ask me if na who I wan marry be that. I wanted to tell him no o, na him sister...
I just hope trump no go ban adjustment of status sha.
I wish everybody good luck

Pls where was your POE?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2020
[quote author=sandraigho post=87036645]

Pls where was your POE?[/quote
Dusseldorf

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 10:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ok
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OrnamentOne: 11:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
kunlelikeme:
Update :
If you are applying through spousal visa, please also apply together with K3 visa. It is also a non immigrant visa that can allow you to come Stay with your wife pending the time your spousal visa in approved. So therefore because of this ban, you can apply for k3 visa which will take time like the k1 visa and you can apply for work authorization on k3 visa, it is also a multiple entry visa. So you can be using that one until oga change his mind about us.
Look into it if you are already married or if you are just about applying for k1. Just marry and file for spousal visa and K3 together. K3 is free if you already file spousal visa. K3 is non immigrant visa just like K1

K3 doesn't work again.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 3:12am On Feb 29, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.