Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (433909 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eroworld: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2022
She lives in her own home. And she got money to to travel and do others things. Money isn't an issue. My concern is that she could have issues filing since she's not working presently.
LakesidesNG:
Firstly go and understand very well how he/she was able to raise money to come down to Nigeria and also know how convenient it was for him/her to meet up with bills/rent …! E get why.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2022
This is an Expo I’m giving u that might been required on the last day …! Get prepared with a simple and straight answer to that cos the is was what disqualified a friend of mine cos the Question came as a shock to him after all his papers have been completed.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Damilaregbenga: 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2022
LakesidesNG:
This is an Expo I’m giving u that might been required on the last day …! Get prepared with a simple and straight answer to that cos the is was what disqualified a friend of mine cos the Question came as a shock to him after all his papers have been completed.
thanks bro
Can you enlight me more about the question they may ask
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Damilaregbenga: 11:27am On Jun 09, 2022
LakesidesNG:
Firstly go and understand very well how he/she was able to raise money to come down to Nigeria and also know how convenient it was for him/her to meet up with bills/rent …! E get why.
if she get co-sponsor hope it we work out
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Damilaregbenga: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2022
LakesidesNG:
if she get co-sponsor hope it we work out? Pls share more on this
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2022
Damilaregbenga:
if she get co-sponsor hope it we work out? Pls share more on this

This came as a big shock to a friend whose document was completed and I drove him to the embassy on his appointment date. They have a good joint sponsor but maybe if the Question of how and where does she get money to foot her bills and rent as a retiree and also how was she able to sponsor her trip down to Nigeria ?? Maybe if he said it was a collective effort by both party maybe the interviewer would be a bit reasonable before denying… it really shock me too cos none of us expected this but always prepared for the unexpected some interviewer can be very friendly and jovial and pray against meeting a sadist for an Interviewer .. *My1Cent*
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Damilaregbenga: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
LakesidesNG:

This came as a big shock to a friend whose document was completed and I drove him to the embassy on his appointment date. They have a good joint sponsor but maybe if the Question of how and where does she get money to foot her bills and rent as a retiree and also how was she able to sponsor her trip down to Nigeria ?? Maybe if he said it was a collective effort by both party maybe the interviewer would be a bit reasonable before denying… it really shock me too cos none of us expected this but always prepared for the unexpected some interviewer can be very friendly and jovial and pray against meeting a sadist for an Interviewer .. *My1Cent*
thanks very much I really appreciate, I we give a try and pray
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 4:23am On Jun 13, 2022
Good morning to the admins here, I have a very big problem at hand now. Since Friday, 22nd of April 2022 that I had my interview and was approved and given the white paper to pick up my passport in 10-Bussiness Days , till this present moment I’m writing you going by tracking with ceac.state.gov, I’m yet to receive my passport. My case statues yet to change from Ready to Issue not to talk of picking up. I went all the way to DHL @ Victoria-Island twice yet they ask me to wait for the pickup notification mail.. I called & E-mail US Embassy on several occasions twice a week since then but it’s same old story, likewise LagosIV@state.gov, including support-Nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. Still not good news. What do I do ?? Any help
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 9:02am On Jun 13, 2022
LakesidesNG:
Good morning to the admins here, I have a very big problem at hand now. Since Friday, 22nd of April 2022 that I had my interview and was approved and given the white paper to pick up my passport in 10-Bussiness Days , till this present moment I’m writing you going by tracking with ceac.state.gov, I’m yet to receive my passport. My case statues yet to change from Ready to Issue not to talk of picking up. I went all the way to DHL @ Victoria-Island twice yet they ask me to wait for the pickup notification mail.. I called & E-mail US Embassy on several occasions twice a week since then but it’s same old story, likewise LagosIV@state.gov, including support-Nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. Still not good news. What do I do ?? Any help
good morning nobody will give u an answer all you have to do is to wait for the embassy so sorry

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hi Guys, it's been ages! Almost a year!!

I'm glad this thread is still very active. Thanks to everyone active on this thread. My special thanks to Sharpman1 and co for helping out with valuable information.

Update on my case:

I applied for removal of the condition on my greencard. Waiting on them, I hear it might take up to 1 year or even more. Anyways I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship very soon, so I will go ahead and apply once I'm eligible regardless of my greencard status.

7 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
Please I need clarification on the Immunization part of the medical examination. Is it compulsory to do it at the US embassy designated hospital? The price is so ridiculous at that Qlink hospital and I don’t even have any immunization records. Please someone should explain to me your experience. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 2:33am On Jun 14, 2022
Omo finally! I just woke up, and received a message from my fiancée that our NOA2 has been approved!

After 13 long months, we finally got it. Seems surreal and I am very excited. God has been faithful.

May petitioners should be expecting feedbacks from USCIS. Now, time for case number and DS-160 form filling.

6 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:55am On Jun 14, 2022
VanMoyez:
Omo finally! I just woke up, and received a message from my fiancée that our NOA2 has been approved!

After 13 long months, we finally got it. Seems surreal and I am very excited. God has been faithful.

May petitioners should be expecting feedbacks from USCIS. Now, time for case number and DS-160 form filling.
congrats

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:56am On Jun 14, 2022
baba2unday:
Please I need clarification on the Immunization part of the medical examination. Is it compulsory to do it at the US embassy designated hospital? The price is so ridiculous at that Qlink hospital and I don’t even have any immunization records. Please someone should explain to me your experience. Thanks in anticipation.
immigration process dey chop money I payed extra 57,780 to get four immunization
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by VanMoyez: 8:07am On Jun 14, 2022
Airboy333:
congrats

Thanks bro, your are an inspiration.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 9:03am On Jun 14, 2022
Airboy333:
immigration process dey chop money I payed extra 57,780 to get four immunization

Wow that’s so outrageous just for four? Can someone do the immunization somewhere else and then bring the records to the clinic and just do the basic medical at qlink
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 9:08am On Jun 14, 2022
baba2unday:

Wow that’s so outrageous just for four? Can someone do the immunization somewhere else and then bring the records to the clinic and just do the basic medical at qlink
I think so u can call the help number to confirm……..because I came wit my HEPATITIS B record which the price was not included .. plssss call first to confirm
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2022
Airboy333:
I think so u can call the help number to confirm……..because I came wit my HEPATITIS B record which the price was not included .. plssss call first to confirm
Thanks bro. I really appreciate.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2022
TRANSCRIPT......
Submitted to USICS March 2021
Approved Feb 2022
Got to NVC First week in April 2022
Got to Lagos Embassy Second Week in April 2022
Interview was in May
Interview Questions can come in any form based on the Discretion of the CO
Don't rely solely on Pasts interview question you see online, they are helpful but everyone's case is different, you will be asked based on the information you supplied
Please know about your Petitioner.
Be sure information in your past US Application (If Any) does not contradict with what you have filled (There may not be much room to defend yourself )
Be Confident please, some CO are intimidating
Arrange all documents so you are coordinated
Get all the Relationship proves you have (Better to have more than enough than not to have enough)
Interview doesn't take more than 3-5mins, but i can bet almost 8-10 questions can be asked within that time frame
My Interview was not as easy as what i read online
You can trace your Visa status on CEAC after your Interview it will change from Ready to Application Received to Administrative Process then to Issued (All these within 3 to 4days)
My Passport was ready on the 4th day of the Interview (Email and Sms from GSS)
Picked up with my Packet on the Fifth day
I Wish everyone Great Success

THANK YOU AIRBOY!!!

7 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ifeanyichukwu42: 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
TRANSCRIPT......
Approved Feb 2022
Interview was in May
Don't rely solely on Pasts interview question you see online, they are helpful but everyone's case is different, you will be asked based on the information you supplied
Be sure information in your past US Application (If Any) does not contradict with what you have filled (There may not be much room to defend yourself )
Get all the Relationship proves you have (Better to have more than enough than not to have enough)
Interview doesn't take more than 3-5mins, but i can bet almost 8-10 questions can be asked within that time frame
You can trace your Visa status on CEAC after your Interview it will change from Ready to Application Received to Administrative Process then to Issued (All these within 3 to 4days)

THANK YOU AIRBOY!!!

WELCOME TO AMERICA BRO.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 2:07am On Jun 17, 2022
LegitBachelor:
Hi Guys, it's been ages! Almost a year!!

I'm glad this thread is still very active. Thanks to everyone active on this thread. My special thanks to Sharpman1 and co for helping out with valuable information.

Update on my case:

I applied for removal of the condition on my greencard. Waiting on them, I hear it might take up to 1 year or even more. Anyways I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship very soon, so I will go ahead and apply once I'm eligible regardless of my greencard status.

Hey, how long did it take to get your form i485 approved and did you have to go through interview to get your green card
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Taryur3(m): 3:42am On Jun 17, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
TRANSCRIPT......
Approved Feb 2022
Interview was in May

THANK YOU AIRBOY!!!

congratulations bro, pls can you reply me with your phone number...have some questions I want to ask you. Thnk u
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
anduyo:

Hey, how long did it take to get your form i485 approved and did you have to go through interview to get your green card
I think it took me 9 months to get my conditional greencard. And yes, I and my wife were invited for interview before they approved my greencard.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
LegitBachelor:
I think it took me 9 months to get my conditional greencard. And yes, I and my wife were invited for interview before they approved my greencard.
Interviewed together or separately
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
anduyo:

Interviewed together or separately
We were interviewed together. I've heard that they also interview separately. But we were lucky, I guess.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
OLAOREOFE50:
TRANSCRIPT......
Approved Feb 2022
Interview was in May

THANK YOU AIRBOY!!!

pls many months was ur visa valid to travel
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
5 Months
Airboy333:
pls many months was ur visa valid to travel

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by OLAOREOFE50: 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please can you share your questions here. I will answer as many as I can/know. I can’t share my number, I am sorry.
Taryur3:
congratulations bro, pls can you reply me with your phone number...have some questions I want to ask you. Thnk u

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Portex: 4:14am On Jun 21, 2022
I’ve been following this thread. My fiancée will be visiting me soon. I want to start preparing everything I will need for K1 visa.

I would like to know if it’s important that I have a job here. Although I have a business but I haven’t really done the registration. Is this important or am I just thinking too much?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2022
Portex:
I’ve been following this thread. My fiancée will be visiting me soon. I want to start preparing everything I will need for K1 visa.

I would like to know if it’s important that I have a job here. Although I have a business but I haven’t really done the registration. Is this important or am I just thinking too much?
put ur occupation as self-employed ( put the business u do )
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good evening everyone. I just came across this thread today
God bless everyone who has dropped a comment or answer questions. They are quite helpful.
My fiancee and I started dating in Feb 2020
We applied for K1 in April 2021 after her visit in Feb/March. Acceptance mail from USCIS was April 13th 2021.
Approval mail was May 13th 2022.
The mail stated that my Fiancee was to get a mail from NVC with 30 days of USCIS approval but we are yet to get any till date.
Did anyone experience this kind of delay too? Shld we be worried?
What can I be doing pending the waiting period? All answers will be appreciated please.

We had plans to do a traditional wedding last December but we couldn't so we postponed it to August this year. Will this in anyway affect the VISA processing?
I saw a note somewhere that @Airboy advised the guy to remain single and not have any TM or registry and the likes
Thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.