Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429774 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2022
UPDATE:
Case number from NVC received on the 5th of July

funfortune24:
Good evening everyone. I just came across this thread today
God bless everyone who has dropped a comment or answer questions. They are quite helpful.
My fiancee and I started dating in Feb 2020
We applied for K1 in April 2021 after her visit in Feb/March. Acceptance mail from USCIS was April 13th 2021.
Approval mail was May 13th 2022.
The mail stated that my Fiancee was to get a mail from NVC with 30 days of USCIS approval but we are yet to get any till date.
Did anyone experience this kind of delay too? Shld we be worried?
What can I be doing pending the waiting period? All answers will be appreciated please.

We had plans to do a traditional wedding last December but we couldn't so we postponed it to August this year. Will this in anyway affect the VISA processing?
I saw a note somewhere that @Airboy advised the guy to remain single and not have any TM or registry and the likes
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by missjekyll: 10:33am On Jul 11, 2022
Hi � guys, I have just had a query from somebody. He wants to know whether a Nigerian living in Nigeria can have health insurance in the US.

Any ideas? Apologies if this is entirely the wrong thread and kindly point me in the direction of the right thread. Thanks ever so much?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dregeorge: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2022
Hi guys!!
Please i need the Whatsapp group number for the K1 visa? Also, how long does it take from USCIS approval till embassy welcome letter??
Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2022
Congratulations, did they send you the case number via email? Do you mean to write June or July? Sorry we just want to be very sure of how long the wait period takes
funfortune24:
UPDATE:
Case number from NVC received on the 5th of June

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ifeanyichukwu42: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
[quote author=missjekyll post=114621114]Hi � guys, I have just had a query from somebody. He wants to know whether a Nigerian living in Nigeria can have health insurance in the US.

Any ideas? Apologies if this is entirely the wrong thread and kindly point me in the direction of the right thread. Thanks ever so much?[/quote

A Nigerian living in N8gerian cannot have a health insurance in the united state because he does not have a social security number and does not have a job in the United state were by his health insurance premium is deducted from his biweekly pay check . It is not possible.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by UncleJudax(m): 5:25pm On Jul 11, 2022
funfortune24:
UPDATE:

Remember, your wedding should be in the US. Don't invalidate your K1 visa by doing any form of wedding here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2022
What's the best way to file the petition? Please is it to do it online or mail the petition? Can someone advise please, because I'm ready to file.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 1:30am On Jul 12, 2022
Donbisco2010:
What's the best way to file the petition? Please is it to do it online or mail the petition? Can someone advise please, because I'm ready to file.
u have to mail the petition urslf download the form use adobe reader to fill it or any program or u use a black pen to fill it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 2:05am On Jul 12, 2022
Airboy333:
u have to mail the petition urslf download the form use adobe reader to fill it or any program or u use a black pen to fill it
Thanks for the swift response. I'm grateful!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 2:10am On Jul 12, 2022
Airboy333:
Airboy I'll like to commend your effort so far on this forum. Please there is this delicate case of mine, the country where i currently reside I've have no legal stay at the moment due to the fact my visa is expired. Can I my fiancee proceed with the petition and do you have idea or advice that i can use to avoid going to Nigeria for the interview? Please i need your advice...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:08am On Jul 12, 2022
Donbisco2010:
Airboy I'll like to commend your effort so far on this forum. Please there is this delicate case of mine, the country where i currently reside I've have no legal stay at the moment due to the fact my visa is expired. Can I my fiancee proceed with the petition and do you have idea or advice that i can use to avoid going to Nigeria for the interview? Please i need your advice...
put where u live nw on d space where u want ur interview I believe by God grace b4 the approval of ur I-129f u will have ur legal stay when I-129f is approved by this time next year, and if u wish or change of anything u can change where u want ur interview to be conducted when ur case get to NVC . Hope u know u have to get ur police Clarence this place u r live that u don’t have a legal stay and also Nigeria and any other country u stayed over 6 months I believe

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2022
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2022
Did you receive NVC case number on June or July 5th because your last complaint here was on June 24. Please confirm. Congratulations bro.

funfortune24:
UPDATE:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2022
SmartJac:
Congratulations, did they send you the case number via email? Do you mean to write June or July? Sorry we just want to be very sure of how long the wait period takes

It was received via email and mail on 5th July
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 11:25am On Jul 12, 2022
UncleJudax:

Remember, your wedding should be in the US. Don't invalidate your K1 visa by doing any form of wedding here in Nigeria.

Noted bro. Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Holami28: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
funfortune24:
UPDATE:

Congratulations so your case is now “ready” at the embassy?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
Airboy333:
put where u live nw on d space where u want ur interview I believe by God grace b4 the approval of ur I-129f u will have ur legal stay when I-129f is approved by this time next year, and if u wish or change of anything u can change where u want ur interview to be conducted when ur case get to NVC . Hope u know u have to get ur police Clarence this place u r live that u don’t have a legal stay and also Nigeria and any other country u stayed over 6 months I believe
Thanks so much.. Maybe i should put an hold to the filing for now and figure out how to get a legal stay before proceeding.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Donbisco2010:
Thanks so much.. Maybe i should put an hold to the filing for now and figure out how to get a legal stay before proceeding.
the choice is urs
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 2:07am On Jul 13, 2022
My Conditional green card was approved today, the interview was tough she asked more than 20 questions, I don't know why black are hard on black it's crazy but the good thing is we were prepared. If you going for GC interview make sure to prepare cos they'll drill you with mind games and trick questions. In the end na GOD WIN

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 6:03am On Jul 13, 2022
Congratulations!!
Coquinoqui:
My Conditional green card was approved today, the interview was tough she asked more than 20 questions, I don't know why black are hard on black it's crazy but the good thing is we were prepared. If you going for GC interview make sure to prepare cos they'll drill you with mind games and trick questions. In the end na GOD WIN
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:27am On Jul 13, 2022
Coquinoqui:
congrats
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 7:51am On Jul 13, 2022
funfortune24:
UPDATE:

Congratulations bro, we’re still waiting o.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eroworld: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
Airboy333:
congrats
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by eroworld: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
Pls Can you share some of the asked,for the sake of those of us coming behind
Coquinoqui:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hi guys,

Please is there a WhatsApp group outside of this thread I can join for help?

I've been so swamped with work but decided to fill out the DS -160 during the break but it's like magic as I don't even know where to start.
Before I start using my hand to carry myself to where I no know, please help me o.
I'll really appreciate all the help I can get at this point.

@Dregeorge I got your private message request but I don't know how to go about it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 6:02am On Jul 14, 2022
funfortune24:
Hi guys,

Please is there a WhatsApp group outside of this thread I can join for help?

I've been so swamped with work but decided to fill out the DS -160 during the break but it's like magic as I don't even know where to start.
Before I start using my hand to carry myself to where I no know, please help me o.
I'll really appreciate all the help I can get at this point.

@Dregeorge I got your private message request but I don't know how to go about it
try and watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKf94o4jRoo

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2022
Airboy333:
try and watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKf94o4jRoo

Thank you so much bro, this is very helpful.

What next after this?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
funfortune24:

Thank you so much bro, this is very helpful.

What next after this?
have u payed for the k1 visa in GTB bank
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by anduyo: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
Coquinoqui:
Congratulations!!!!!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
Airboy333:
have u payed for the k1 visa in GTB bank

No I have not, I have only completed the DS-160 successfully. How do I go about the payment please?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
funfortune24:

No I have not, I have only completed the DS-160 successfully. How do I go about the payment please?
go to GTB bank tell them u want to pay for a visa fee called k1. Go wit ur International passports
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Airboy333:
go to GTB bank tell them u want to pay for a visa fee called k1. Go wit ur International passports

Thank you boss. I'll do that. I really appreciate the help

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.