Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429749 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2022
Unigwe1:
Hello house , I need to ask a very important question as in already 9 months in my k1 visa wait , but the things is I have been wrongfully accused which i ended up in court and pleaded not guilty, no finger print was taken no mug shot , after all said and done I was found guity with an option of fine which I paid right away ,

I admitted in my i129f form that I been arrested before , will I have a criminal record when I go to get my police report ? Will this in anyway come up when they do background check ? I hope this don’t affect my visa approval

Kindly share your thoughts

Hi, are you the petitioner or beneficiary ?
Which country did the arrest and court case happen ?

From all indications it is the petitioner that is supposed to fill out the I-129F except if he/she wants to use a preparer or interpreter, so past arrest or crime should be based on the petitioner background even if it has been cleared off. The petition is majorly on the USC so if you’re the beneficiary and you fill out arrest here in Naija then have not come across anything like that.
As a beneficiary, When you fill out your DS-160 after approval there are options for you to report past crimes and arrest which the embassy will also do background check on both beneficiary and petitioner.

And what document did you send to uscis with your form to show that the case was dismissed? If none, you may get RFE.

If the arrest was here in Naija it may not come up when you go for your PCC coz I no think say den get beta data base to dey keep such past events.

If you’re the beneficiary and you already admitted to an arrest on the petition you have to also admit to it when you fill out your DS-160 and be prepared for questions on that coz they will see it on your petition.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Unigwe1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2022
Finally got another police report for 50k. Na wa for Naija police o. I pray our Labour will not go in vain. Amen.

For everyone planning to get a police report, please just go for the manual process and give unto Cesar what belong to Cesar to avoid stories that touch the heart.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teiy: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2022
baba2unday:
Finally got another police report for 50k. Na wa for Naija police o. I pray our Labour will not go in vain. Amen.

For everyone planning to get a police report, please just go for the manual process and give unto Cesar what belong to Cesar to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Amen.
Thanks for the update bro.
Your interview is successful in Jesus name and you will come share the good news with us soon by his grace.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2022
baba2unday:

Nice one bro, may God help us all.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
Teiy:

Amen.
Thanks for the update bro.
Your interview is successful in Jesus name and you will come share the good news with us soon by his grace.
Amen
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:

Nice one bro, may God help us all.
Amen
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dregeorge: 11:48am On Nov 10, 2022
Hi guys!!
Loads of K1 approvals today!!!
Congratulations to everyone
Details later.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Faith461: 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
Congratulations!

Dregeorge:
Hi guys!!
Details later.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Stormyweather(m): 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hi guys,

Please who has a link to get a date at Ikoyi registry this year? Please I need info ASAP
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Cinacci124: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
Stormyweather:
Hi guys,

Please who has a link to get a date at Ikoyi registry this year? Please I need info ASAP

There is nothing like link here. You will have to visit Ikoyi Registry.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Stormyweather(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
Cinacci124:

There is nothing like link here. You will have to visit Ikoyi Registry.
there is link as in connection because of dates. I need a date for next month
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2022
My Visa was refused but anyway I Dey come back to share testimony soon. Thank you guyz for your support and encouragement. I wish everyone waiting good luck. Thumbs up guyz
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dregeorge: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2022
baba2unday:
My Visa was refused but anyway I Dey come back to share testimony soon. Thank you guyz for your support and encouragement. I wish everyone waiting good luck. Thumbs up guyz

Sorry to hear about that.

Were you the one been questioned by the male consular?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2022
Dregeorge:

Sorry to hear about that.

Were you the one been questioned by the male consular?
No, I was the one on white
The white lady interviewed me
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teiy: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2022
baba2unday:

Sorry about that bro. By Gods grace, your testimony is soon. It will end in praise.

Any advice for those waiting as to what you think can be done to avoid being rejected?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Holami28: 8:13am On Nov 11, 2022
baba2unday:

So sorry about that, just get married and file cr1 asap. Delay isnt denial.. Your testimony is yours and you will come out stronger in Jesus name��.

Can you share with us what you think caused that, were you not answering her correctly or you didn’t have some certain proof she asked for?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2022
Good morning guys

24 hours later and it still feels surreal that my visa was approved yday.

Here is my timeline:

NOA 1: 13/04/21
NOA 2: 12/05/22
NVC Case number: 5/07/22
Medicals: 19/09/22
Interview: 10/11/22
Consular decision: Approved

Congratulations to everyone that go approved yesterday. To those denied, your testimony is coming shortly.

Special shout out to the great people I met through this platform @Airboy33 and @Dregeorge. Thank you for doing this with me every step of the way.

Love & Light

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2022
funfortune24:
Good morning guys

24 hours later and it still feels surreal that my visa was approved yday.

Here is my timeline:

NOA 1: 13/04/21
NOA 2: 12/05/22
NVC Case number: 5/07/22
Medicals: 19/09/22
Interview: 10/11/22
Consular decision: Approved

Congratulations to everyone that go approved yesterday. To those denied, your testimony is coming shortly.

Special shout out to the great people I met through this platform @Airboy33 and @Dregeorge. Thank you for doing this with me every step of the way.

Love & Light

Congratulations bro!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:12am On Nov 11, 2022
baba2unday:
Sorry to hear this outcome, start the next and best option asap CR1 you will have your testimony no worries.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:12am On Nov 11, 2022
Dregeorge:
Hi guys!!
Details later.
Congratulations bro!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by harlimy: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2022
Congratulations to everyone who got approved yesterday. The approvals were massive! There was one Kenyan who asked a lot of questions but he was still awesome with approvals.

Please fam, a brother got there yesterday with his invitation letter and all document but his name was omitted from the entry list. On the login profile, it stated he was scheduled for November 10 still! To cut the story short, he couldn’t do the interview yesterday.

Please, what’s the way forward fam?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2022
baba2unday:

Sorry about this bro.

I would suggest you go the CR1 route and start as soon as possible.
To appeal is even more expensive than the whole application.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:57am On Nov 11, 2022
harlimy:
Congratulations to everyone who got approved yesterday. The approvals were massive! There was one Kenyan who asked a lot of questions but he was still awesome with approvals.

Please fam, a brother got there yesterday with his invitation letter and all document but his name was omitted from the entry list. On the login profile, it stated he was scheduled for November 10 still! To cut the story short, he couldn’t do the interview yesterday.

Please, what’s the way forward fam?
This could be the issue of DS-160 barcode or medicals not arrived to be processed by the embassy did he do his medicals at IOM ? A woman’s name too was not on the list coz of IOM too and she couldn’t do the interview but heard if it was coz of medicals not arrive on time that the embassy could give the person another date prolly in couple weeks. So he should find out why his name was not on the list first before he will know what to do.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2022
funfortune24:

Sorry about this bro.

I would suggest you go the CR1 route and start as soon as possible.
To appeal is even more expensive than the whole application.
K1 can’t be appealed. The petition will be sent back to uscis and leave it to expire, and he needs to correct what must have cause this denial before filing CR1 so it won’t happen again.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by harlimy: 10:06am On Nov 11, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:

This could be the issue of DS-160 barcode or medicals not arrived to be processed by the embassy did he do his medicals at IOM ? A woman’s name too was not on the list coz of IOM too and she couldn’t do the interview but heard if it was coz of medicals not arrive on time that the embassy could give the person another date prolly in couple weeks. So he should find out why his name was not on the list first before he will know what to do.

Thanks for your swift response. You’re the best. So he did his Medicals at Qlife and he said he will go there to confirm if they send it.

As for the DS160, he called them to link it and they did. The BarCodes also showed well on his DS160 form
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Teiy: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2022
Congratulations to all those who got theirs.
For those who did not, please be encouraged. I believe it will all work out for your good. Kindly take the next step and by Gods grace and mercy, your testimony is sure.

For those who had their interviews and have a word of advise for those waiting, kindly share it. Even if it’s a question you were asked that you think is kinda tricky but will be of help to those that are waiting, kindly share please.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2022
harlimy:

Thanks for your swift response. You’re the best. So he did his Medicals at Qlife and he said he will go there to confirm if they send it.

As for the DS160, he called them to link it and they did. The BarCodes also showed well on his DS160 form

Okay cool, all the best.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kaycome: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2022
baba2unday:
Sorry about that. You need to post your full transcript so we can advice yiu on what to do. There is a difference between visa denial and visa refusal. Let hear from you first
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2022
Holami28:

So sorry about that, just get married and file cr1 asap. Delay isnt denial.. Your testimony is yours and you will come out stronger in Jesus name��.

Can you share with us what you think caused that, were you not answering her correctly or you didn’t have some certain proof she asked for?
Thank you bro.
I think where there was issue was when she asked me
1. How did You meet her? I answered
2. How did I find her on Facebook? I was not sure of my answer because we have been friends for more than 5 years on Facebook before we started talking more, then turn into a relationship.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
Big congrats you all for your approval..
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2022
baba2unday:

Thank you bro.
I think where there was issue was when she asked me
1. How did You meet her? I answered
2. How did I find her on Facebook? I was not sure of my answer because we have been friends for more than 5 years on Facebook before we started talking more, then turn into a relationship.
sorry man..wat is your status showing nw .where u ask u summit any documents after d interview.the name of the paper the interviewer gave u

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.