Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (431027 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Airboy333:
you welcome and all d best
Please there is one grey area i forgot to mention. The 3 times she visited me, my passport status isn't showing I'm in the country when she visited. Will, that affect the process or do I have to tender any documents to show my presence in the country or they will judge by the stamps on my passport. Yes, apart from police report. Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
Airboy333:
Just got my SSN number today
I applied last week on d 17

@Airboy333 Congrats!

Which State are you in?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:34am On Oct 25, 2022
Donbisco2010:
Please there is one grey area i forgot to mention. The 3 times she visited me, my passport status isn't showing I'm in the country when she visited. Will, that affect the process or do I have to tender any documents to show my presence in the country or they will judge by the stamps on my passport. Yes, apart from police report. Thanks.
your passport stamps will not be needed but ur woman will send her passport stamps wit d I-129f wen sending it to show she came around

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:35am On Oct 25, 2022
select500:

@Airboy333 Congrats!

Which State are you in?
thanks am in Virginia-Richmond

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Donbisco2010: 1:01am On Oct 25, 2022
Airboy333:
your passport stamps will not be needed but ur woman will send her passport stamps wit d I-129f wen sending it to show she came around
God bless you bro... And enjoy your stay in the States. Thanks!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by funfortune24: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2022
Airboy333:

Nice. Congrats bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Stanley17: 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2022
@Airboy333 good evening please I am finding it hard to use this site can you kindly give me your whatsapp number there is something important I need to ask you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
Stanley17:
@Airboy333 good evening please I am finding it hard to use this site can you kindly give me your whatsapp number there is something important I need to ask you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Airboy333:

Congrats bro.. yours is fast.hopefully mine comes fast too. I applied this Monday
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by transfer9: 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good evening house. New member here.
I greet everyone.
Please I’m in the process of submitting my I-129F form.
She visited me outside the country.
We started talking since Jan.
We met on the dating site and that’s after I had submitted for my B1/B2 application before I met her on the dating site although I was later denied.
We got along and she visited me outside the country.
My passport is expiring this Dec but I have already applied for another passport as I’m presently in Nigeria at the moment.
She wants us to submit our application because she won’t be free / chance after our step daughter gives birth.
Please can we submitted with my current passport details ( passport no#) since I will be going to get a new one before /whenever the date for interview comes up.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 1:06am On Oct 27, 2022
transfer9:
Good evening house. New member here.
I greet everyone.
Please I’m in the process of submitting my I-129F form.
She visited me outside the country.
We started talking since Jan.
We met on the dating site and that’s after I had submitted for my B1/B2 application before I met her on the dating site although I was later denied.
We got along and she visited me outside the country.
My passport is expiring this Dec but I have already applied for another passport as I’m presently in Nigeria at the moment.
She wants us to submit our application because she won’t be free / chance after our step daughter gives birth.
Please can we submitted with my current passport details ( passport no#) since I will be going to get a new one before /whenever the date for interview comes up.
u can ur old passport number will show on the new one when u get it and good luck as you start the process

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ballington: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2022
Hi guys, I just started following this thread and you've been pretty helpful.
My case was approved just yesterday, since we filed in August 2021. Now that the case is approved, what should be the next thing to do?

Can I go ahead to get my police report ready?
Appreciate the help, guys.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by PattiLoveman(m): 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2022
Our petition was approved since September 8 and we have been expecting they would reach out to us in a month. It’s been two months already no response from them. Is there something I have to do? Can anyone provide a number I or my fiancé can call?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 12:01am On Oct 28, 2022
PattiLoveman:
Our petition was approved since September 8 and we have been expecting they would reach out to us in a month. It’s been two months already no response from them. Is there something I have to do? Can anyone provide a number I or my fiancé can call?
u can no longer contact NVC on call only on Inquiry .. just wait small NVC is working on case sent 30th of Aug

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:21am On Oct 29, 2022
Ballington:
Hi guys, I just started following this thread and you've been pretty helpful.
My case was approved just yesterday, since we filed in August 2021. Now that the case is approved, what should be the next thing to do?

Can I go ahead to get my police report ready?
Appreciate the help, guys.
Congratulations, you can go ahead and get your police report if you wish to do that early as it will have validity of 2 years.
And give nvc few months to process your approved petition.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Victortobee: 1:04am On Oct 29, 2022
[quote author=ChizziShire post=117731839]Hello everyone. Please I need info.

I'm about to start my K1 visa journey. I was previously married by customary marriage. Bride price has been returned. My passport still bears the ex's surname until further notice.
1. Will need any proof of no longer being married traditionally? If so, what can that be? Will an affidavit suffice?

2. Is it just better to say I'm single and cohabited and had kids with the ex so I don't have to bother with proof of any sort ? How does that work with me and my kids having his surname?

3. My birth certificate carries my maiden name. Will I need to show a proof of "change of name" at any point in the filing of the I-129f or the rest of the process?

https:///KSMcGvah0oBHImW16MOkn5. Join wats app group with the link
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Victortobee: 1:16am On Oct 29, 2022
13 months
wats app me I have a wats app me so we cabb always talk. I am in the process too https://ksmcgvah0obhimw16mokn5./ You can aswell use the group link to join
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2022
Hello, has anyone here been interviewed with the new police clearance? Because I saw somewhere on Facebook where someone said NVC rejected it because it has no fingerprints. How true is that?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ballington: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
Alright, many thanks.
InvestorTeeMan:

Congratulations, you can go ahead and get your police report if you wish to do that early as it will have validity of 2 years.
And give nvc few months to process your approved petition.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2022
Nommsy:

Okay. Thanks a lot for the info. What about the police character certificate? It didn't come with any fingerprint document, just the certificate.
Hello Nommsy, I want to know if your police certificate was accepted without the fingerprints at the embassy when you did your interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ezichi123: 1:46am On Oct 31, 2022
Please house I have a challenge to clear out before making my application. During my B1/B2 visa filling, my agent put "Married" while I was single just to make sure I get the visa. I told him to retain single and he refused. Unluckily for me, my visa got denied. I travelled to UK and applied for F1 visa and I was also denied. I continued maintaining married to avoid irregularities of information. Now, my fiancee I started dated way back 2017 wants to file for K1 visa. Who can tell me how to correct this issue because I am presently confused. There was no marriage between me and any woman before while my agent put married of which I maintained in my second visa application. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:03am On Oct 31, 2022
Ezichi123:
Please house I have a challenge to clear out before making my application. During my B1/B2 visa filling, my agent put "Married" while I was single just to make sure I get the visa. I told him to retain single and he refused. Unluckily for me, my visa got denied. I travelled to UK and applied for F1 visa and I was also denied. I continued maintaining married to avoid irregularities of information. Now, my fiancee I started dated way back 2017 wants to file for K1 visa. Who can tell me how to correct this issue because I am presently confused. There was no marriage between me and any woman before while my agent put married of which I maintained in my second visa application. Thanks

Your only hope is to be honest with the visa officer during your next interview. Otherwise, you’ll have to produce proof of a marriage and a divorce since two applications were submitted with your status as married.
A K1 visa application with your info will bring up your previous applications and denials. If you falsify divorce documents your fiancée will also be forced to repeat the exact fraudulent information over and over for interviews so she’ll be lying to officials also. If you’re caught, you’ll receive a ban and your fiancée risks going to jail for her part. Presenting false information twice is what brought you to this jam to begin with, third time could be your downfall. My advice isn’t what you want to hear but it’s the truth.
This advice is coming to you directly from a US Immigration Attorney.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 7:30am On Oct 31, 2022
Ezichi123:
This is very complicated, if you file for K1 with this your status it is an outright denial and subject to like 10years ban for misrepresentation if not more sef.
Just file your application and claim divorce on your marital status then make sure you get a proper divorce decree whichever way you can get it coz you will need it for USCIS processing and your interview.
Have read stories of people who was only asked to show their divorce papers and not prove of previous marriage since the marriage no long exist and even if you’re asked to show prove of marriage there are tens of stories you can come up with to cover up for that.
You, telling the visa officer that it was your agent that filled out married for you instead of single doesn’t make sense coz there’s a space in your visa application that tells you to click that you can read and write and it is mandatory for you to input your name and that is to show that you signed your previous visa application which automatically make you responsible for all the information on it.
Don’t miss your chances you can do this.
Too late to open up now coz the denial will also attract ban bro.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:

This is very complicated, if you file for K1 with this your status it is an outright denial and subject to like 10years ban for misrepresentation if not more sef.
Just file your application and claim divorce on your marital status then make sure you get a proper divorce decree whichever way you can get it coz you will need it for USCIS processing and your interview.
Have read stories of people who was only asked to show their divorce papers and not prove of previous marriage since the marriage no long exist and even if you’re asked to show prove of marriage there are tens of stories you can come up with to cover up for that.
You, telling the visa officer that it was your agent that filled out married for you instead of single doesn’t make sense coz there’s a space in your visa application that tells you to click that you can read and write and it is mandatory for you to input your name and that is to show that you signed your previous visa application which automatically make you responsible for all the information on it.
Don’t miss your chances you can do this.
Too late to open up now coz the denial will also attract ban bro.
Please is the new police certificate without fingerprints valid at the US embassy?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2022
baba2unday:

Please is the new police certificate without fingerprints valid at the US embassy?
I’m not sure about this bro, but since the new PCC doesn’t come with fingerprint then the embassy should be aware of that and accept it and to clear all doubts just call the embassy and ask they will surely have an information for you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by baba2unday: 10:11am On Oct 31, 2022
InvestorTeeMan:

I’m not sure about this bro, but since the new PCC doesn’t come with fingerprint then the embassy should be aware of that and accept it and to clear all doubts just call the embassy and ask they will surely have an information for you.
Okay thanks I will do just that
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Came2win(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Airboy333:
u can ur old passport number will show on the new one when u get it and good luck as you start the process

Please how much is k1 Visa fee now?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
Came2win:

Please how much is k1 Visa fee now?
do u mean d payment u have to make in Gtb bank. K Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen $265-116600.00 .here is the link-https://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Came2win(m): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
Airboy333:
$535
It can be paid at GTB right?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2022
Came2win:

It can be paid at GTB right?
not this pls this fee is wen u sending d petition pls delete it
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Came2win(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
Airboy333:
do u mean d payment u have to make in Gtb bank.here is the link-https://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp

Yes got approved. So I want to know how much it is to book for visa fee, Pay for medicals and all that
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2022
Came2win:

Yes got approved. So I want to know how much it is to book for visa fee, Pay for medicals and all that
k1 fee in Gtb is K Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen $265-116600.00. For Q-life medical see d pix

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.