Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (428927 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Snipa4lyf: 10:32am On Jul 14, 2023
PattiLoveman:
Thank you everyone šŸ‘‹šŸ‘‹
My k1 visa was approved 03 may 2023, and I moved in the States may 13th. On getting to the airport, the immigration officer updated my visa expire date to Aug 10th and said I should get married before Aug 10th. So I was convinced that my visa lasts until Aug 10th. I think on the 26th of May, I went with my passport to SSA to apply for my SSN card, and the lady there said we have to get married and come back with i-94 and marriage certificate. So we got married on the 8th of July. I got back to the SSA office 11th of July to apply for my SSN again, and a different lady we met there pointed out that my visa got expired in July 9th. And said she will be forwarding my visa information to the Nigerian embassy to correct it. And she said I have to call the Nigeria embassy too. I'm pretty scared how this is going now. Anyone have an idea what I should do? Do they really require the validity of my visa to approve my SSN? If I don't get the SSN in two weeks, what should I do?? I uploaded my passport, it shows that they stamped a two months visa instead of 90days. šŸ¤¦šŸ¾
When did u do interview
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by L3unamm3(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2023
Snipa4lyf:

I had my interview since 15 of June 2023 but not gotten my passport back or any feed back from consulate I heard it was 2-3weeks for response but itā€™s. A month now what could cause delay

Were you given an instruction to create an account online for information on how your passport will be returned to you? Because I'm confused, don't know if I should create an account on www.ustraveldocs.com/ng as instructed besides, the site is not even going through.
Can someone please help out.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2023
PattiLoveman:
@InvestorTeeMan, thank you very much for pulling my spirit up. I appreciate šŸ™šŸ½šŸ™šŸ½ā¤ļøā¤ļø I filled my AOS form already and I want to be sure what other documents I have to fill or take with me. I have been roaming around Google not sure what documents I should file with the AOS. Especially, to make it fast so they won't have to ask for more documents as that would delay me from having green card and working documents. I'm truly in a haste to start working soon. I don't feel comfortable that my woman deals with all the bills. And the most I do is consumešŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢
How did it go, did you send out your AOS yet ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Soraco57(m): 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello, please traveling to 5 Schengen states with one Schengen visa, during interview when asked list countries u visited, is it advisable to name all the countries in Schengen that is visited , does those countries visited count as travel history? Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by uwobot: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
I have the same issue, my interview was done on June 15, 2023, though I had to submit my birth certificate later as requested. my passport is still with them. I haven't heard anythig and no email. I keep checking my portal.ustraveldocs.com daily; this is the only massage "Document Delivery Information:" found.
Have anyone experienced this too?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Snipa4lyf: 3:19am On Jul 16, 2023
uwobot:
I have the same issue, my interview was done on June 15, 2023, though I had to submit my birth certificate later as requested. my passport is still with them. I haven't heard anythig and no email. I keep checking my portal.ustraveldocs.com daily; this is the only massage "Document Delivery Information:" found.
Have anyone experienced this too?
Yes chief we are on same 08160766720 WhatsApp if ok

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by L3unamm3(m): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
L3unamm3:

Were you given an instruction to create an account online for information on how your passport will be returned to you? Because I'm confused, don't know if I should create an account on www.ustraveldocs.com/ng as instructed besides, the site is not even going through.
Can someone please help out.

I later found out that you can track your visa status using this link https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV
You can use this link, select your visa category, enter your case number LGS..... and you're good to go šŸ‘.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:00am On Jul 17, 2023
L3unamm3:
Hi guys, I had my interview today and all glory to God, it went well, it was a success. These are the things that were required:

*Contact Sheet
*Photocopy of passport biodata page with your original passport.
*Birth Certificate / Attestation of birth (original)
*Ds160 confirmation page
*2 passports photographs
*form i-34
*IRS tax transcript
*Evidence of relationship (pictures, chat logs, flight itinerary.... etc)
*Police Certificate.(Original or Coloured print)

The following questions were asked. Mind you it's different strokes for different folks. But the most important thing is for you to know your spouse well.

*Who filed for you?
*How did you meet?
*How many times has she visited you?
*How many siblings does she have?
*Where does she work and what does she do?
*where does she stay?

Yours might be different, be confident and relate like you're just having a normal conversation with boldness.
All will be well.
Good luck to everyone who is in the process. I wish us all the best.
Thank you to everyone who always contributes to questions, may God bless you all. Amen!
congratulations man
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 2:03am On Jul 17, 2023
Portex:
Please I need a clear advice on this. Iā€™m on a student visa in the UK and my fiancĆ© is about to file for me. Should she put UK embassy or Nigeria embassy? I will be here for the next 2yrs. Must I come back to Nigeria? This has been the reason why she hasnā€™t submitted the application. We met in March this year in Nigeria but now, Iā€™m no longer in Nigeria.
Any idea the best thing to do?
u can put uk
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Prettysparkle: 11:52am On Jul 17, 2023
Hello everyone. Please, how are people getting K1 appointment dates now? I heard you can no longer see the calender? Is getting a date easier now?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by L3unamm3(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
Prettysparkle:
Hello everyone. Please, how are people getting K1 appointment dates now? I heard you can no longer see the calender? Is getting a date easier now?

You will be notified via mail once there is an available date.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2023
Good evening, pls who knows Dhl address in Abuja where to pick up passport ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Najemi: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
The one at Hafsat plaza Constitution avenue.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Najemi:
thnk you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by chimebuka90(m): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
freebornefe2001:
Good evening, pls who knows Dhl address in Abuja where to pick up passport ?

Do people have K1 visa interview at Abuja US embassy?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
chimebuka90:

Do people have K1 visa interview at Abuja US embassy?
No
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Najemi: 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
freebornefe2001:
Thank you
Did you get your police report in Abuja or itā€™s compulsory to get it done in Alagbon?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2023
Najemi:
Did you get your police report in Abuja or itā€™s compulsory to get it done in Alagbon?
Abuja, but I think you can get it from anywhere.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Najemi: 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
freebornefe2001:
Abuja, but I think you can get it from anywhere.
Thank you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by steeltrust: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
My fellow nairalanders please help me
I donā€™t know what happening with my k1 visa process
On the CEAC website it show ready but they said I need to wait for a confirmation letter from the embassy it 3months and nothing has come up
My fiancƩ over is almost giving up
Cause sheā€™s been waiting for me for a year plus

It like Iā€™m been frustrated to be here
I beg is there anything I can do who I call or email to know what the situation is or fast track the whole process and get done with my interview

This whole process is taken too long

Iā€™ll be grateful if I get an answer cause this whole process is becoming frustrating

If them no want make person go make them talk so person go focus on other things

Cause Iā€™ve spent so much resource just to get this whole thing to this stage
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Omeniebele: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2023
harlimy:
Good afternoon great men, since November 10, day of interview my status hasnā€™t changed. And now the page is even blank. Is there anyone still waiting since November 10 or anyone having the same issue?

Please I am in same situation was your visa approved?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by L3unamm3(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
steeltrust:
On the CEAC website it show ready but they said I need to wait for a confirmation letter from the embassy it 3months and nothing has come up

I beg is there anything I can do who I call or email to know what the situation is or fast track the whole process and get done with my interview

Iā€™ll be grateful if I get an answer cause this whole process is becoming frustrating

If them no want make person go make them talk so person go focus on other things

The wait can be really tiring and frustrating. Just be patient, you'll soon get the mail you've been waiting for. You're almost there.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 9:50pm On Jul 23, 2023
Good evening, pls Iā€™m trying to book an appointment to pickup my passport with Dhl and I get record not found.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by L3unamm3(m): 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
freebornefe2001:
Good evening, pls Iā€™m trying to book an appointment to pickup my passport with Dhl and I get record not found.

That's the response you'll get and you can't book an appointment. If you did your interview in Lagos and you've gotten a message from DHL office, pick up your passport in Lagos @ DHL office 230 Muri Okunola Street VI Lagos.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 1:02am On Jul 24, 2023
L3unamm3:

That's the response you'll get and you can't book an appointment. If you did your interview in Lagos and you've gotten a message from DHL office, pick up your passport in Lagos @ DHL office 230 Muri Okunola Street VI Lagos.
The message I got states that my passport is in Dhl Abuja

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by L3unamm3(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2023
Najemi:

I think this is the DHL office address in Abuja
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emdrake: 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
Once your case status says ready it means it has arrived at the embassy in Nigeria and you need to fill your DS-160 and book your interview. I think you also have a limited time to do so else your USCIS approval can become invalid and you have to file again.

steeltrust:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by steeltrust: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
emdrake:
Once your case status says ready it means it has arrived at the embassy in Nigeria and you need to fill your DS-160 and book your interview. I think you also have a limited time to do so else your USCIS approval can become invalid and you have to file again.

I did but they said I canā€™t that I have to wait for the email before I proceed

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by emdrake: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Then send an inquiry to NVC to make the complaint.

steeltrust:
I did but they said I canā€™t that I have to wait for the email before I proceed
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by steeltrust: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
emdrake:
Then send an inquiry to NVC to make the complaint.

please do you have their direct mail which I reach them
Iā€™ll be greatful
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by freebornefe2001: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
steeltrust:
please do you have their direct mail which I reach them
Iā€™ll be greatful
tell your fiancƩe to call them

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.