Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (433827 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2023
speckyg:
Dear All,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek some heartfelt advice from this wonderful community. I am a Nigerian citizen currently residing in Germany, and I find myself in a rather complex situation.

Last year, my fiancé and I applied for a fiancé visa due to the unfortunate events in Ukraine, where I am currently in my final year of medical school, studying online. To make a long story short, we received approval from the USCIS in June, and just last week, we were informed that the NVC has forwarded my petition to the Consular in Lagos, Nigeria.

However, there's a significant challenge I am facing. Traveling to Nigeria is not a straightforward option for me because my current permit from the German government does not allow me to re-enter Germany. Additionally, our legal counsel has advised us that it might take an indefinite amount of time to retransfer the application to Germany. Frankly, I'm quite apprehensive about traveling to Nigeria at this moment, as I left the country years ago on a study visa to Ukraine, only to be faced with the turmoil caused by the war.

So, I am reaching out to you all with the following questions:

1. Would you recommend that I wait for the retransfer of the documents to Germany, even though it might take several months?

2. Alternatively, should I take the risk and go to Nigeria, putting my trust in God for the best outcome? I've heard various opinions and concerns regarding the Consular in Lagos.

Furthermore, if there are any active WhatsApp groups discussing similar matters, I would greatly appreciate being added. You can reach me at +49 160 924 91815.

Thank you all for your understanding and support. Your advice means a lot to me in this challenging time.

Warm regards,
Pastor Jacobs.
Why wait till this time before thinking of transferring to Germany, this is what you should have done easily immediately after your case was approved.

First I will call US embassy in Nigeria to ask if the case can be transferred to Germany, explain my situation, ask for procedure and how long it would take coz of the approval validity of which you need a date before it expires.

1. Rerouting cases to a different country dont take a lot of months like you’re projecting it to be sighting the approval window of 4 months. Reach out to the embassy, ask questions.

2. Forget what you heard each cases are different, if everything looks good at your end and your fiancé and no noticeable lies/contradictions/misrepresentation/red flags your K1 will be cool and smooth.

Well, I won’t go to Nigeria for the interview if I’m doing well and have a legitimate status in Germany, rather I will transfer coz not all cases get approved, the ones that don’t get approved are cases that have errors that could have been prevented or corrected before the interview stage. So if you want to come to naija make sure everything is good and ur status in Germany is legit then you should be good.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ayoje: 3:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Hello guys, I applied for an F1 student visa in 2021 but it was denied. My fiancé and I then applied for the K1 visa and got approved. Will this be a red flag at the interview
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 4:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Ayoje:
Hello guys, I applied for an F1 student visa in 2021 but it was denied. My fiancé and I then applied for the K1 visa and got approved. Will this be a red flag at the interview
No, if your informations in the previous application is the same as the present. Good luck
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by speckyg(m): 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Hello bro, I am profoundly grateful for your prompt and clear response. I have made several attempts to contact the USA Embassy in Lagos, but regrettably, I have not been able to reach anyone there. However, a contact within the consular office suggested that I consider rerouting the interview to Germany. Could you kindly provide guidance on how to initiate this rerouting process? Your insights on this matter would be invaluable to me.

Furthermore, I have a query regarding my birth certificate, which has recently been laminated by my thoughtful mother. Is this laminated certificate still considered a legal document for my visa application? Your expert advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your kindness and assistance.

Warm regards,
InvestorTeeMan:

Why wait till this time before thinking of transferring to Germany, this is what you should have done easily immediately after your case was approved.

First I will call US embassy in Nigeria to ask if the case can be transferred to Germany, explain my situation, ask for procedure and how long it would take coz of the approval validity of which you need a date before it expires.

1. Rerouting cases to a different country dont take a lot of months like you’re projecting it to be sighting the approval window of 4 months. Reach out to the embassy, ask questions.

2. Forget what you heard each cases are different, if everything looks good at your end and your fiancé and no noticeable lies/contradictions/misrepresentation/red flags your K1 will be cool and smooth.

Well, I won’t go to Nigeria for the interview if I’m doing well and have a legitimate status in Germany, rather I will transfer coz not all cases get approved, the ones that don’t get approved are cases that have errors that could have been prevented or corrected before the interview stage. So if you want to come to naija make sure everything is good and ur status in Germany is legit then you should be good.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 1:06am On Aug 31, 2023
speckyg:
Hello bro, I am profoundly grateful for your prompt and clear response. I have made several attempts to contact the USA Embassy in Lagos, but regrettably, I have not been able to reach anyone there. However, a contact within the consular office suggested that I consider rerouting the interview to Germany. Could you kindly provide guidance on how to initiate this rerouting process? Your insights on this matter would be invaluable to me.

Furthermore, I have a query regarding my birth certificate, which has recently been laminated by my thoughtful mother. Is this laminated certificate still considered a legal document for my visa application? Your expert advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your kindness and assistance.

Warm regards,

• Contact the Germany Consulate and see if they will transfer your case to Germany.

• You can write to the consulate to ask them to transfer the case but usually they request you send evidence the person is a resident in the country.

• If your case is at a U.S. embassy or consulate, contact the potential gaining U.S. embassy or consulate in writing to request a transfer of your case. Please include a justification for the request. If you are not a resident of that country, specify that in your request.

• If your petition is being processed at the National Visa Center (NVC), contact the NVC to request the transfer. NVC will transfer cases to another IV processing post if parties provide a written request along with the address in the requested country and the proof of eligibility (citizenship/legal residency in the requested country or other documentation). This can be provided at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. In limited circumstances, NVC may need to contact you for additional eligibility requirements. Note that transferring your case might not result in immediate processing as cases are processed in order based on the date the case became documentarily qualified.

• For the birth certificate no problem since it is original and if asked you can say you laminated to protect it from water damage, if they don’t accept it the worst case scenario is to continue your interview and tell you to provide another copy before you will be issued they will not deny you for that. But to be on the safer side coz you don’t want to go in for interview bothered about anything, if you have any means to get another birth certificate just do it.

I hope this will help, do it asap bro no time.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Unigwe1(m): 6:11am On Sep 02, 2023
I get this message when trying to book my interview “Does your Immigrant visa case number start with LGS2019xxxxxx, LGS2020xxxxxx or LGS2021xxx Bleep?And this when I click No: “ Please note that at this point, you cannot proceed with scheduling your K visa appointment. Please wait to receive your notice that you are eligible to schedule your visa interview.”

Visa category is K1, does this mean the interview scheduling is done in batches ?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Prettysparkle: 7:19am On Sep 02, 2023
You have to click yes!
Unigwe1:
I get this message when trying to book my interview “Does your Immigrant visa case number start with LGS2019xxxxxx, LGS2020xxxxxx or LGS2021xxx Bleep?And this when I click No: “ Please note that at this point, you cannot proceed with scheduling your K visa appointment. Please wait to receive your notice that you are eligible to schedule your visa interview.”

Visa category is K1, does this mean the interview scheduling is done in batches ?

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Unigwe1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2023
Case turned ready , I fill n submitted the ds160 , but I created cgi profile to ook forn inerview without paying first, and it requested for reciept number is anything wrong with this steps I took ?

Ds 160
Create CGI account
Pay the fee

Lastly is it possible to get interview date from now till November?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Unigwe1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Prettysparkle: 10:08am On Sep 04, 2023
The steps are okay, but you need to pay the fee before you can search for a date. Yes its possible to get a date soon. The calender was opened 2 weeks ago and people picked Sept 18 and 20 on different days.

Unigwe1:
Case turned ready , I fill n submitted the ds160 , but I created cgi profile to ook forn inerview without paying first, and it requested for reciept number is anything wrong with this steps I took ?

Ds 160
Create CGI account
Pay the fee

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Najemi: 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
Prettysparkle:
The steps are okay, but you need to pay the fee before you can search for a date. Yes its possible to get a date soon. The calender was opened 2 weeks ago and people picked Sept 18 and 20 on different days.

we’re you allowed to go through with the medical without the mail from the embassy telling you to go ahead with scheduling your appointment?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by JMG12: 10:59am On Sep 05, 2023
I don't think that will be possible
Unigwe1:

Ds 160
Create CGI account
Pay the fee

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
Guys, I just realized that I didn’t come back to share my update on my k1 journey.
Noa1: August 30, 2021
Noa2: November 10, 2022
Nvc welcome letter: February 14, 2023
Intransit: February 16
Medicals: April 19th, 2023
Interview: May 10th, 2023

POE:
Our plane landed at Detroit, got to the customs officer handed him my yellow sealed envelope and he asked for my passport and just stamped my entry date on it then gave me back (I was expecting plenty of questions and searching🤣 but then I thank God)afterwards I went to pick my luggages. God bless you @Treasure Prince, it was your timeline that gave me the courage to start this process in the first place and I hope someday someone reads my timeline and gets encouraged too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by adedammy009: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

No, if your informations in the previous application is the same as the present. Good luck
How many days before interview is it okay to do medical. Is 8 to 10 days enough?
Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
adedammy009:

How many days before interview is it okay to do medical. Is 8 to 10 days enough?
Thanks
3 weeks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by adedammy009: 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

3 weeks
Thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Lollyrotty: 11:36am On Sep 08, 2023
SmartJac:
Guys, I just realized that I didn’t come back to share my update on my k1 journey.
Noa1: August 30, 2021
Noa2: November 10, 2022
Nvc welcome letter: February 14, 2023
Intransit: February 16
Medicals: April 19th, 2023
Interview: May 10th, 2023

POE:
Our plane landed at Detroit, got to the customs officer handed him my yellow sealed envelope and he asked for my passport and just stamped my entry date on it then gave me back (I was expecting plenty of questions and searching🤣 but then I thank God)afterwards I went to pick my luggages. God bless you @Treasure Prince, it was your timeline that gave me the courage to start this process in the first place and I hope someday someone reads my timeline and gets encouraged too
congratulations

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Lollyrotty: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2023
Prettysparkle:

my case status is ready too but I don't know how to get a date for interview.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by adedammy009: 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

3 weeks
Any idea of the vaccination charges at IOM? I couldn't find it online except for Qlife. Kindly help if you can.
Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2023
adedammy009:

Any idea of the vaccination charges at IOM? I couldn't find it online except for Qlife. Kindly help if you can.
Thanks
Don’t know how much they charge recently but it was a bit lesser than Q-life, you can find their contact on their web place a call through to make inquiries or just go there if you’re close

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by tgal20: 6:51am On Sep 09, 2023
Please what is the estimated timeline for adjustment of status this year?
Has anyone that travelled this year gotten their green card approved?
I came to the US in Feb with k1 visa, got married April and filled for adjustment of status after, tho ive done my biometrics but i havent heard from them since.
I want to know if any other person is in this same position. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2023
tgal20:
Please what is the estimated timeline for adjustment of status this year?
Has anyone that travelled this year gotten their green card approved?
I came to the US in Feb with k1 visa, got married April and filled for adjustment of status after, tho ive done my biometrics but i havent heard from them since.
I want to know if any other person is in this same position. Thanks
AOS depends, according to uscis if it is marriage based AOS it has out of processing time of two years and that’s when they expected you to send in inquiries it’s crazy right!
Meanwhile, some people are lucky they get their 2 yrs conditional green card in couple of months while some is over a year and if it is more than two years you get 10 yrs unconditional green card. Sometimes it depends on how fast is your field office. This is one of the reasons why people do joint filing of I-485,I-765 and I-131 so that you can start working and going on trips even though your AOS is delayed.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Prettysparkle: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lollyrotty:
my case status is ready too but I don't know how to get a date for interview.

Have you paid for your visa fee and created your profile on the CGI portal?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Lollyrotty: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2023
#Have you paid for your visa fee and created your profile on the CGI portal?#

No I haven't. My fiance called the embassy. He was told to wait for an email from the embassy that will tell was to pick a date. Thank you for responding.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Prettysparkle: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2023
Lollyrotty:
#Have you paid for your visa fee and created your profile on the CGI portal?#

No I haven't. My fiance called the embassy. He was told to wait for an email from the embassy that will tell was to pick a date. Thank you for responding.

Is your case not ready? Check this link https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
If your case says ready,then go ahead to pay the visa fee and started looking for date. There is a whatsapp group for those waiting for date. You need to hurry so you can get a date soon
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nerojoy: 1:38am On Sep 19, 2023
Prettysparkle:

Is your case not ready? Check this link https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
If your case says ready,then go ahead to pay the visa fee and started looking for date. There is a whatsapp group for those waiting for date. You need to hurry so you can get a date soon
#. Please can I get the link to the WhatsApp group please
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by tgal20: 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

AOS depends, according to uscis if it is marriage based AOS it has out of processing time of two years and that’s when they expected you to send in inquiries it’s crazy right!
Meanwhile, some people are lucky they get their 2 yrs conditional green card in couple of months while some is over a year and if it is more than two years you get 10 yrs unconditional green card. Sometimes it depends on how fast is your field office. This is one of the reasons why people do joint filing of I-485,I-765 and I-131 so that you can start working and going on trips even though your AOS is delayed.
Thanks for the feed back. I did the joint application also and im yet to get any response still. Thanks tho, I would keep waiting and hoping
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by boulderz: 7:44am On Sep 20, 2023
Hey guys, what happens if my approval notice has 1 week left before it becomes invalid and I'm yet to get an appointment date?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by InvestorTeeMan: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
boulderz:
Hey guys, what happens if my approval notice has 1 week left before it becomes invalid and I'm yet to get an appointment date?
If your case is already at the embassy call them
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by boulderz: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
InvestorTeeMan:

If your case is already at the embassy call them
Thanks for the reply, I emailed them one too many times already and I just called but the response is that I have to wait for an appointment date. And yes my case is ready.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Prettysparkle: 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nerojoy:
#. Please can I get the link to the WhatsApp group please
https:///Ecg58PN6xKDAFfWso7LWnP
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nerojoy: 7:17am On Sep 23, 2023
Prettysparkle:

https:///Ecg58PN6xKDAFfWso7LWnP
the link is not working please

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.