Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427472 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
abisolaarshow:
Hello, I just got an approval today thank God.
Thanks to everyone on this thread especially @legit bachelor ,I wish every other applicant the best in their coming interviews.

Questions:

who petitioned for you
When did you meet
How did you meet
How long did he stay when he came to Nigeria
Have you ever been married
Do you have any kids
Has your fiance been married
Does he have any kids
How old is his daughter
What does he do for a living
What do you do for a living
When do you plan to get married
Why aren't you getting married in Nigeria.

And then he said he has every reason to grant me the visa and I was told to pick up my visa in 1-2 weeks.

Please, How soon did you guys get your visas after the interview cos I need to buy the ticket ASAP.

Also my medical report was not returned is that OK?

Please was your packet3 sent via email to your fiancé?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
abisolaarshow:
Thanks to everyone on this thread especially @legit bachelor ,I wish every other applicant the best in their coming interviews.

Questions:

who petitioned for you
When did you meet
How did you meet
Do you have any kids
Does he have any kids
How old is his daughter

And then he said he has every reason to grant me the visa and I was told to pick up my visa in 1-2 weeks.

Please, How soon did you guys get your visas after the interview cos I need to buy the ticket ASAP.

Congrats smiley

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
abisolaarshow:

Questions:

who petitioned for you
When did you meet
How did you meet
Do you have any kids
Does he have any kids
How old is his daughter

@abisolaarshow,

Congrats on your interview!

It's much better you buy your ticket once you have your Visa & Passport in hand.

Just like the CO said, it can take btw 1-2 weeks to get your Passport back.

Which of your documents were returned back to you? I hope the DS-3025 is included? Because you will still need that, when you are processing your Adjustment of Status.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abisolaarshow(f): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Please was your packet3 sent via email to your fiancé?
yes it was sent via email
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abisolaarshow(f): 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
select500:

@abisolaarshow,

Congrats on your interview!

It's much better you buy your ticket once you have your Visa & Passport in hand.

Just like the CO said, it can take btw 1-2 weeks to get your Passport back.

Which of your documents were returned back to you? I hope the DS-3025 is included? Because you will still need that, when you are processing your Adjustment of Status.

Cheers!

Thanks alot
They collected my international passport, one passport photograph, affidavit of support and financial backings, birth certificate, medical report and police report but only my birth certificate was returned back , the asked for a copy of it though and I didn't have so they made it themselves.

The interviewer didn't request to see any of the documents or evidence I had with me too

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
What do you mean by financial backing please
abisolaarshow:

Thanks alot
They collected my international passport, one passport photograph, affidavit of support and financial backings, birth certificate, medical report and police report but only my birth certificate was returned back , the asked for a copy of it though and I didn't have so they made it themselves.

The interviewer didn't request to see any of the documents or evidence I had with me too
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abisolaarshow(f): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ajibade16:
What do you mean by financial backing please

Evidence that he/she will be able to support you.
account statements, properties, shares etc...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
Please NPC can only give attestation of birth. Is that ok please
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2019
abisolaarshow:

Thanks alot

Congrats poster,I wish you the very best.question tho?

1. Did you fiancée send you original copies of the affidavit of support and the financial backing or he just sent them to your mail and you presented photocopies at the embassy

2. How many days did it take from your noa2 for you to get an interview,were you able to get an early interview date or you simply just waited for a long time to get one
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
kk
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
ok
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:28am On Sep 17, 2019
kunlelikeme:

Boss right now I am really super confused. I have notification from NVC that my case file has been sent to Germany. Is the letter from. NVC the packet. 3?also I have been reading on this thread and some other forums that after the letter from nvc people do book.appointments. Do I need to first fill out the ds 160 form right now? Can I do the medicals with the letter fron the NVC? I am just concerned about that it expires. This thing get as it be o.
When is your expiration date?

The Packet 3 is sent by the german embassy. Did you send them (the embassy) an email to confirm receipt of your casefile and to request for the Packet 3? If you did, then they will respond. It takes 1 week for Lagos Embassy to respond. I don't know how long it takes for the German Embassy.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by kunlelikeme: 2:18am On Sep 17, 2019
hi
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 6:08am On Sep 17, 2019
kunlelikeme:

Yes boss, I did send them an email over a week ago and they replied me that they will contact me after they receive the case file but when I checked on ceac web site it shows ready for interview.
I just want to know if I am doing the right thing. My fiancé dey worry me that one sef join.
There are two options.

Option 1, go ahead and schedule your interview. Then go for your medicals and get ready for your interview. Its a bit risky because the Embassy hasn't given you a go-ahead. But many people have taken this risk and it worked for them. The ceac website says your case is ready for interview so you should be good.

Option 2, wait for the go-ahead from the Embassy. If you've not gotten a response, do a follow up mail. Let them know that the caec website says your case is ready for interview. Then you can go-ahead and schedule your interview once you get the packet 3 document from them (that's a goahead confirmation)

What's your approval expiration date? It should guide you on the urgency of your case and thus can guide you on the kind of risk you should take.

In conclusion, I don't know much about the German Embassy and their procedures (the Packet 3 has the procedures). However I advice you check out this link for more guidance.

For more guidance

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abisolaarshow(f): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2019
Sukey:

Congrats poster,I wish you the very best.question tho?

1. Did you fiancée send you original copies of the affidavit of support and the financial backing or he just sent them to your mail and you presented photocopies at the embassy

2. How many days did it take from your noa2 for you to get an interview,were you able to get an early interview date or you simply just waited for a long time to get one

1. He sent them through FedEx
2 He did most of the processing so I'm not really sure how long it took. But we started the whole process in March.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2019
Please is attestation of birth certificate from NPC ok for the interview?

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by tpiander: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2019
Important question for those who want to know: where do you meet a fiance/fiancee in order to get a visa.

Not sure if it's been asked already.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ajibade16: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2019
Where do you meet means the exact location where you guys first met.Take for am instance you met when she came to write entrance examination in your university i.e
the name of the university where you first met which might be Unilag or somewhere else
quoteer post=82306703]Important question for those who want to know: where do you meet a fiance/fiancee in order to get a visa.

Not sure if it's been asked already.[/quote]
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by tpiander: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2019
Ajibade16:
Where do you meet means the exact location where you guys first met.Take for am instance you met when she came to write entrance examination in your university i.e
the name of the university where you first met which might be Unilag or somewhere else
quoteer post=82306703]Important question for those who want to know: where do you meet a fiance/fiancee in order to get a visa.

Where do you find a fiance/fiancee I mean.

Question for those who want to know.

Not everyone will search universities, what other places?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 10:08am On Sep 17, 2019
Yes its okay .
Glorioussugar:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2019
tpiander:
Important question for those who want to know: where do you meet a fiance/fiancee in order to get a visa.

What are saying? You need a jackpot?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abisolaarshow(f): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Glorioussugar:

I gave them attestation of birth and declaration of age, but they only made a copy of the attestation of birth. You should take photocopy along with the original
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
LegitBachelor:
No problem. Once your perition has been approved, you are to provide your updated info (passport no, email address, date of birth, place of residence, etc) together with yiur fiance's to NVC. Also you'll provide same to the Embassy at the appropriate time. The new passport number is also what you'll use while filing your DS160 and while scheduling for interview date.

I got approval last month and I called the nvc this month,I was given my case number and the person I talked to said that we didn’t leave an email so I gave them my email and that’s the only thing she asked for,and my case is already Enroute to the consulate,does that mean they already have the remaining info and secondly,Is it okay if I pay the visa fees now?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
Sukey:

I got approval last month and I called the nvc this month,I was given my case number and the person I talked to said that we didn’t leave an email so I gave them my email and that’s the only thing she asked for,and my case is already Enroute to the consulate,does that mean they already have the remaining info and secondly,Is it okay if I pay the visa fees now?
NVC only has the info USCIS gives them. But since NVC has sent your case to the Embassy, there's no need to give them any further info. The NVC will send you and your fiance an email. Print out the letter as you will need it for your medicals.

I don't recommend you make any payments now until your case is READY for interview at the embassy.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by gladeria: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
Congratulations to you.. I pray I will testify like you soon.. Amen.
abisolaarshow:

Questions:

who petitioned for you
When did you meet
How did you meet
Do you have any kids
Does he have any kids
How old is his daughter

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by gladeria: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thank you all for your good works here. Please I have few questions to ask
1. Are k1 visa seekers required to pay $240 on the day of interview(i saw it online so I want to verify if it's true)
2. My fiancé filed for me and my daughter, so do I need to schedule two interviews (mine and hers) since I will be filling two DS160 forms and paying two visa fees @gtb.
3.this question of' what do you do for a living 'kinda worries me cause I just finished my service last month no job yet (fiancé, my parents and my savings is still sustaining me) so I don't exactly know how to answer such.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 12:24am On Sep 18, 2019
gladeria:
Thank you all for your good works here. Please I have few questions to ask
1. Are k1 visa seekers required to pay $240 on the day of interview(i saw it online so I want to verify if it's true)
No. The only payment is done at gtbank to pay for K1 Visa interview.

2. My fiancé filed for me and my daughter, so do I need to schedule two interviews (mine and hers) since I will be filling two DS160 forms and paying two visa fees @gtb.
You can schedule her interview as an appendage to yours. You don't need to create any new ustraveldocs account for your daughter. Your account is what you'll use to schedule both yours and your daughter's interview.

3.this question of' what do you do for a living 'kinda worries me cause I just finished my service last month no job yet (fiancé, my parents and my savings is still sustaining me) so I don't exactly know how to answer such.
Just tell them the truth. You are not currently working. Not a problem.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by gladeria: 12:43am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks alot dear.. I really appreciate this
LegitBachelor:
No. The only payment is done at gtbank to pay for K1 Visa interview.

You can schedule her interview as an appendage to yours. You don't need to create any new ustraveldocs account for your daughter. Your account is what you'll use to schedule both yours and your daughter's interview.

Just tell them the truth. You are not currently working. Not a problem.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by abisolaarshow(f): 4:42am On Sep 18, 2019
gladeria:
Congratulations to you.. I pray I will testify like you soon.. Amen.

You shall by Gods grace

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
Please, guys, i need advice here
Can I print the chats Instagram, Whatsapp chats, call records on black and white ink? Or does it have to be in colored ink?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Omokaba2019(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
Good afternoon house, I got a letter yesterday from the NVC that my our petition has been send to US Consulate in Lagos. Should I wait for the Embassy before I start doing anything?.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nlPoster: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
Either one should be ok, but you could probably call them and ask, or email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.