Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (430610 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Are you serious?

100% sure.we met at qlife yesterday
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2019
So thing the thing about ds160 and scheduling an interview date is that

1. From the questions i answered in the ds-160,you can fill it even when your case is at the nvc because the only special thing they’d ask for is your uscis case number.every other questions are basic questions

2. You don’t need to fill ds-160 before you schedule an interview date again these days,especially considering the fact that it’s so difficult to get dates,just pay at any gtbank Branch and go to ustravel docs and fill in all the info,and your passport data page info and get a date.if you do this after you’ve filled the ds-160 then the barcode on the appointment letter will most likely tally with the ds-160 but if you schedule an interview first then it will have a different barcode,you’d have to call cgi and they’ll rectify it immediately and your appointment letter will have to codes(the ds-160 code and the code that was originally there before you called)

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2019
Nope put more details in there .. Not just Administrative Purpose
Glorioussugar:
Please is this answer ok for this question?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 10:42am On Nov 06, 2019
blazerichy:
Nope put more details in there .. Not just Administrative Purpose

Please what kind of details? I don’t know why I was denied the b1. What details do I put please?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2019
What was the purpose of your visit for the B1/B2 Just input your purpose of the trip in there. They can check to know that you were denied the visa back then .. simple as that .
Glorioussugar:

Please what kind of details? I don’t know why I was denied the b1. What details do I put please?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2019
I can’t see any column for previous work experience and educational background in the ds160 form I’m filling. Is it normal?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2019
That's not normal its meant to show please review what you are filling very well before you sent , its either you clicked on something which says you are employed or you are self-employed even with that it still shows you a column to fill in the details of your employment
Glorioussugar:
I can’t see any column for previous work experience and educational background in the ds160 form I’m filling. Is it normal?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:16am On Nov 06, 2019
blazerichy:
That's not normal its meant to show please review what you are filling very well before you sent , its either you clicked on something which says you are employed or you are self-employed even with that it still shows you a column to fill in the details of your employment

Yes I’m self employed. And I filled in the details. What I’m refering to is my previous work experience and institutions attended. Plus when I review the form, previous work experience column didn’t show. It’s just the present
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:17am On Nov 06, 2019
Is this ok?

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 11:19am On Nov 06, 2019
[quote author=dicsnemma post=83771790][/quote]
Thanks, Goodluck in your journey.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2019
This is what mine shows. Under additional work experience/ education/ training

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Please can someone answer me? Is it normal?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Study4life: 11:34am On Nov 06, 2019
Thanks everyone that assisted me.
I called the Embassy, I was told that the expiration date on the petition means that one must secured an interview date before the expiration date, that it doesn't mean that one must be interviewed before that date.
If anyone didn't secure any date before the expiration, the approval becomes invalid.

The Embassy also gave me CGI to call for correction of the mismatch between my Ds-160 form barcode and my appointment confirmation code. The CGI also corrected it and sent it to my mail of which I have printed.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:37am On Nov 06, 2019
Study4life:
Thanks everyone that assisted me.
I called the Embassy, I was told that the expiration date on the petition means that one must secured an interview date before the expiration date, that it doesn't mean that one must be interviewed before that date.
If anyone didn't secure any date before the expiration, the approval becomes invalid.

The Embassy also gave me CGI to call for correction of the mismatch between my Ds-160 form barcode and my appointment confirmation code. The CGI also corrected it and sent it to my mail of which I have printed.

Thank God. I couldn’t sleep all through last night.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2019
Much better Gloria
Glorioussugar:
Is this ok?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by blazerichy: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2019
No section for work experience shocked shocked shocked That could a recent development but also find out from other if they had that on their form .. For mwe i had that in my form.
Glorioussugar:
This is what mine shows. Under additional work experience/ education/ training
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:53am On Nov 06, 2019
blazerichy:
No section for work experience shocked shocked shocked That could a recent development but also find out from other if they had that on their form .. For mwe i had that in my form.

There’s section for present work experience. But no section for previous work experience and educational background
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
Can I leave that monthly income blank? I run my own business

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please someone should help. Mekusa ,legit, everyone please help.i want to submit the form now
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by DankbaresHerz: 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Glorioussugar:

There’s section for present work experience. But no section for previous work experience and educational background

I think the ds160 form for female differs from that of male, guess that’s why your previous work experience is missing.

Then for your monthly income I don’t think you should leave it blank, I believe you make sales everyday and in a month you should be able to know the average you make. So plus or minus you earn something monthly that should be your income
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
I tried to input the income, and that’s what it showed me. I don’t understand the 0-9. What does it mean please . Someone should answer me na ����

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
DankbaresHerz:

I think the ds160 form for female differs from that of male, guess that’s why your previous work experience is missing.

Then for your monthly income I don’t think you should leave it blank, I believe you make sales everyday and in a month you should be able to know the average you make. So plus or minus you earn something monthly that should be your income

Yes I make sales everyday. Thank for the reply
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
DankbaresHerz:

But it shows me 0-9. What does it mean?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Dutchleez(m): 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
Glorioussugar:

But it shows me 0-9. What does it mean?

It means only put in figures. If you make up to 200k, simply put in 200000. Currency symbol not inclusive.

Ciao.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
capello1:
Had my interview today

Got to the embassy at 5:30 am for my 7:30am appointment ,heard everyone including the security talking about the new fees of 40700 once your visa is approved and no one could explain what visa category needed to make that payment ,so I had to rush back to the hotel and got my atm to withdraw from the bank ,the guys outside were helping people for early interview withdraw and charged 1k.When I got back did normal security checks given number 14.

Went into the main building, submitted documents at window 16 submitted appointment letter ,Ds160,medicals,police report, tax return,w2,paystub,birth certificate ,gave me back some evidence my fiancee submitted to uscis and told to sit and wait for my number,there are seats for immigrants to sit and the non immigrants stand.

There were only 2 officers to interview immmigrants and they were approving people ,by 9am i was called to window 17.

He asked :
my relationship with my petitioner
How we met
When we met
How many visits
Dates
Why not marry in Nigeria ,didn't ask to see any document ,then he gave me 2 papers one for my rights in america and one circled where to pick up passport and visa would be ready in 2 weeks .

@capello1,

Congrats!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Legit bro, did your status of your I145 change before the ead? I meant was it on fingerprint review completed before the ead came in?
It changed from "finger print review completed" to "case ready to be scheduled for interview". It's still reads that till now.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
Sukey:

@legitbachelor...so I met a man today whose petition is going to expire on the 19th if this month,I think his fiancée called the embassy and they gave him a date themselves for the same 19th(expiry day of his petition)and he didn’t even send them an email,he just called and it was later he sent them an email.
You don't know the detail of his case. Perhaps his was not K1. Or Perhaps USCIS/NVC/US Embassy made a mistake on his case thus are teying to help resolve the consequence of the mistake they created. Perhaps. But I don't know.

What I know is that for K1 Visa, you are the one to schedule the interview date, not the Embassy. And as long as you scheduled your date before the Petition expires, you are fine.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
sharpman1:
So someone in a group i belong to said her fiance was denied the K1 visa and the reason given was that the validity of the NOA2 approval had passed. She had sent an email to the consulate asking for an extension and the consulate had responded saying the extension is at the discretion of the interviewing CO. They tried to show the email and the response to the CO but the CO did not look at it and went on to deny on the basis of an expired petition.

Now, usually, the practice is that once you book your interview date before the approval expires, even if the date you got is outside the validity date, the validity is automatically extended by 6 months which is at the discretion of the CO....so it was surprising that the CO refused to extend. Hopefully that was an unusual situation and possibly there were other issues involved that the CO did not want to waste time on...hence the excuse for that refusal.
Again, just as I told Sukey, you don't know the details of the person's case. Perhaps the validity of the petition expired even before he was able to schedule a date. When I sent a mail to the embassy requesting I didn't get the response "extension is at the discretion of the CO". I was just told that I should endeavor to schedule a date before the petition expires. They said it didn't matter if the date I was able to get is beyond the petition's expiration date.

My advice for new K1 visa applicants:

Once your case is approved and is forwarded to the NVC (you have your NVC number) and then it is sent to the embassy. As soon as it shows READY on the CEAC website please SCHEDULE your appointment. Don't wait for any packet 3 or packet whatever.
Of course, email the embassy and ask for your packet but schedule your interview while you wait. You can pick a date far off but still within the validity period to give the consulate time to get ready for you but don't wait for their email before you schedule. With the way interview dates are hard to come by, if you wait, probability of available dates being outside the validity period will be high. This is to avoid stories that touch.
Nobody gets penalized if the reason he or she missed the expiration date is because the Embassy failed to send the Packet 3 on time. But I agree with your recommendation if the person wants to be quicker with the whole K1 interview Process.

Now for those having to pick dates outside the validity period, you don't have any choice but to pick the next available earliest date so pick your date ASAP......but send an email to the embassy asking for an extension explaining the difficulty in getting a date. Make sure you have the email and any response printed and taken with you to the interview just in case. By God's grace the petition will be automatically extended by six months which is the usual practice.
Yeah it will be automatically extended IF the person had already picked an interview date. I can't say for other scenarios.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Oh my goodness I’m so scared. Please has someone extended his/her petition before? Was it successful? Do I need to call them? I can’t sleep. I’m so worried
Haven't you picked a date yet? Why are you delaying? You are really putting yourself at unnecessary risk if you haven't picked the available date.

But if you have picked a date, don't worry your case petition will be extended. Just send them an email as I had advised. Tell them you scheduled a date but the date is beyond the petition expiration date and thus you are seeking an extension. Once you do that, they will respond in a weeks time.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Me Legit, please is it normal that previous work experience and educational background doesn’t show in the ds160 form?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
Like this

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
Glorioussugar:
Please should I choose/ reply in this case?
You haven't submitted Your DS160? I thought you have. If you haven't then I'm really not happy that you are very slow and not serious with this process.

Regarding your question, click yes and provide the websites/social media you are in along with your handle there. Eg Facebook, LinkedIn, Nairaland, Twitter etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: sharone21(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.