Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429641 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
nextlevel2222:
Pls guys they sent me to provide my birth certificate, they didn't collect from the one of local government. Which one can I provide since I was born in 198s.

What about the NPC one?

Didn't you get one done there?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

What about the NPC one?

Didn't you get one done there?

I don't have that. I went there before coming to US but I was told it can only be given to people born in 199s.

I don't know may be they will accept affidavit of birth certificate if I do that.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Beautyaddy: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
nextlevel2222:

I don't have that. I went there before coming to US but I was told it can only be given to people born in 199s.

I don't know may be they will accept affidavit of birth certificate if I do that.

The highlighted statement is not true.

I know people who were born before the 90s that still were able to get the NPC one because they claimed that they couldn't find the copy of their birth certificate.

Now if you have the affidavit of birth certificate then try sending them a copy of that and see how they respond.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
nextlevel2222:
Pls guys they sent me to provide my birth certificate, they didn't collect from the one of local government. Which one can I provide since I was born in 198s.

Oh.....that's for your AOS?

If you were born in the 1980's you can get an attestation letter from the NPC.

I know you get get it by proxy. Someone can go to the NPC office in Babs Animashaun, Surulere to get it for you.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
sharpman1:

Oh.....that's for your AOS?

If you were born in the 1980's you can get an attestation letter from the NPC.

I know you get get it by proxy. Someone can go to the NPC office in Babs Animashaun, Surulere to get it for you.

Pls read the letter I attached, any other way aside from NPC.? Can I get from the hospital I was born or affidavit?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sukey:
@legitbachelor @sharpman,@capello

Is it okay to take copies of the affidavit of support with me to the interview or only originals are accepted.the embassy sent packet 4 to us instead of 3 and it says there that scanned or photocopies are also acceptable and my fiancée is dwelling on that even tho I’m paranoid.am I good with copies as well?
Yes it is okay to take a scanned copy as long as it is signed by your fiance.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
dicsnemma:
Yes bro, I and my fiancée thought about that and did our calculations, but waiting until I hear from the embassy or see “Ready” on CEAC website might lead to me getting February dates, which I don’t think will be good for me because our petition will expire on the 26th of January. I just have to find a date ASAP given the recent development I’m hearing here. I have paid the visa application fee today. Just waiting until tomorrow to see if I can find a date in January. What do you think?
There's nothing wrong with getting a February Date. The most important thing is that you get a date before the petition expires. But if you want to get a date earlier that's fine. Just note that once you get your visa, you have a deadline to leave Nigeria to the States (around 5 months deadline or so) and the moment you touch down in the States, you have a deadline to get married and fill the AOS form (3 months). If you factor all that in your calculation, then you are fine.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Pls read the letter I attached, any other way aside from NPC.? Can I get from the hospital I was born or affidavit?
You'll need to get the NPC Attestation Letter (and Affidavit of Birth) in addition to any other document you want to submit.

I was born in the 80s and had to get NPC Attestation which I submitted along with a short Hospital Birth Certificate which I had previously. I didn't get any RFIE on my AOS application. If I had submitted only the short Hospital Birth Certificate I had earlier, perhaps I would have gotten an RFIE.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
[quote author=LegitBachelor post=84091376]You'll need to get the NPC Attestation Letter (and Affidavit of Birth) in addition to any other document you want to submit.

I was born in the 80s and had to get NPC Attestation which I submitted along with a short Hospital Birth Certificate which I had previously. I didn't get any RFIE on my AOS application. If I had submitted only the short Hospital Birth Certificate inhad earlier perhaps I would have gotten an RFIE.[/quote

Pls Who is going to do the affidavit of birth for me? Is it the normal affidavit they do in Ikeja High court
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
[quote author=nextlevel2222 post=84091487][/quote]

The person doing the attestation for you can ask them at the NPC office about the affidavit from the court.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sage7(m): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
[quote author=nextlevel2222 post=84091487][/quote]

At NPC, they will do both for you. Affidavit & letter of attestation.

There is a price for urgent request.

The letter of attestation can be legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs, Abuja. ( not sure if it is required in this case).
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sage7:

The letter of attestation can be legalized by the ministry of foreign affairs, Abuja. ( not sure if it is required in this case).
No need to do any legalization with the ministry of Foreign Affairs as far as K1 Visa process is concerned.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
sharpman1:

The person doing the attestation for you can ask them at the NPC office about the affidavit from the court.

Ok thanks. Pls how much is it going to cost with the affidavit?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sage7:

Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
LegitBachelor:
No need to do any legalization with the ministry of Foreign Affairs as far as K1 Visa process is concerned.

Thanks for the info.... Pls how much is it going to cost both? And also pls do you know anybody that can help me to fast it?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 12:58am On Nov 17, 2019
nextlevel2222:

Thanks for the info.... Pls how much is it going to cost both? And also pls do you know anybody that can help me to fast it?

@nextlevel2222,

It will cost you between 8k-10k at the NPC office in Lagos, depending on how fast you want to get it.

You will get both the Attestation Letter (from NPC) and the Affidavit (from the High Court).

I will send you a mail.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by joungblood(m): 1:29am On Nov 17, 2019
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 2:12am On Nov 17, 2019
select500:

@nextlevel2222,

It will cost you between 8k-10k at the NPC office in Lagos, depending on how fast you want to get it.

You will get both the Attestation Letter (from NPC) and the Affidavit (from the High Court).

I will send you a mail.

Cheers.

Ok thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 2:20am On Nov 17, 2019
@select500 have responded to your email.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 2:21am On Nov 17, 2019
joungblood:
Please house I need ur assistance. Last year I applied for usa tourist visa and for my ds160 form I stated I was married, but I'm not (I was just with my ex girlfriend then n always refer to her as my wife) well, I was denied visa then, now come 2019 almost a year later I'm trying to do fiance visa with my US girlfriend. So I'm wondering what will happen when I'm asked if I was married? Will that one from last year come up, what should I do, some said I should get divorce papers? Some say use death case, and some said I should said never married that the old visa application last year has been wiped out and they won't see it again after 6 months, please i don't know what to do.. Advice please, anyone with good suggestions? Thanks

Lol.

1. Your old application is still there.....it can never be wiped out and all the info you filled will come up including your married status.

2. If you submit any counterfeit (fake) document for divorce or death they WILL 'catch' you and that's automatic life ban.

3. I don't have any other good suggestions except that you should NEVER lie on any visa application.....in this case future application.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 3:34am On Nov 17, 2019
nextlevel2222:
@select500 have responded to your email.

@nextlevel2222,

Seen and replied you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:48am On Nov 17, 2019
sharpman1:

Lol.

1. Your old application is still there.....it can never be wiped out and all the info you filled will come up including your married status.

2. If you submit any counterfeit (fake) document for divorce or death they WILL 'catch' you and that's automatic life ban.

3. I don't have any other good suggestions except that you should NEVER lie on any visa application.....in this case future application.

Bro, my only suggestion is for him to come clean during his interview, he will probably be banned for 2 years or so. I don’t even understand why people forge or lie during application, it’s America we talking about.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 7:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Hello guys,
Please what are the things i can put in place while awaiting my NOA2 soonest. I feel this time can be used to get some stuffs i might need b4 the interview.
Pls can anyone put me through
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2019
joungblood:
Please house I need ur assistance. Last year I applied for usa tourist visa and for my ds160 form I stated I was married, but I'm not (I was just with my ex girlfriend then n always refer to her as my wife) well, I was denied visa then, now come 2019 almost a year later I'm trying to do fiance visa with my US girlfriend. So I'm wondering what will happen when I'm asked if I was married? Will that one from last year come up, what should I do, some said I should get divorce papers? Some say use death case, and some said I should said never married that the old visa application last year has been wiped out and they won't see it again after 6 months, please i don't know what to do.. Advice please, anyone with good suggestions? Thanks
baba from the little knowledge I have about this US immigration stuff you can't lie o, so many people lie during tourist visa application by saying they're married so that the CO will think they have a strong tie back home and won't think of remaining in the US. I just wish more elders in the forum can put you through the best way, open the link below from VJ, it's almost the same case as yours

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/723708-k1-visa-129-f-denial-next-steps/

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2019
sandraigho:
Hello guys,
Please what are the things i can put in place while awaiting my NOA2 soonest. I feel this time can be used to get some stuffs i might need b4 the interview.
Pls can anyone put me through
I never knew you're on nairaland, I've seen you several times on VJ, I think your NOA2 approval is imminent infact i believe you should have your NOA2 this week, I wish you success, as for your question, i'm just the last born of the forum so the elders @Legitbachelor, drenimarcus, sharpman, select500, mekusa10 et al will give you answers soon

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
Treasureprince1:
I never knew you're on nairaland, I've seen you several on VJ, I think your NOA2 approval is imminent infact i believe you should have your NOA2 this week, I wish you success, as for your question, i'm just the last born of the forum so the elders @Legitbachelor, drenimarcus, sharpman, select500, mekusa10 et al will give you answers soon

Cheers!
Thanks Mr lastborn...lol
Yes I'm the same person on VJ
Can't wait to get NOA2 approval this week by God's grace. Wish you success as you wait as well.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Bro, my only suggestion is for him to come clean during his interview, he will probably be banned for 2 years or so. I don’t even understand why people forge or lie during application, it’s America we talking about.

Yes. Best option is to come clean.

Lying about marital status is just so silly.....and it is those useless agents who can't even get visas for themselves that usually advice people to fill the lie on visa applications.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
sandraigho:

Thanks Mr lastborn...lol
Yes I'm the same person on VJ
Can't wait to get NOA2 approval this week by God's grace. Wish you success as you wait as well.
thank you!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
LegitBachelor post=84091272]. There's nothing wrong with getting a February Date. The most important thing is that you get a date before the petition expires. But if you want to get a date earlier that's fine. Just note that once you get your visa, you have a deadline to leave Nigeria to the States (around 5 months deadline or so) and the moment you touch down in the States, you have a deadline to get married and fill the AOS form (3 months). If you factor all that in your calculation, then you are fine.

I and my fiancée discussed it and we decided to choose a date in January as she’ll be back from deployment by March. We don’t want any issues with the petition expiry date. I found a date in January and scheduled one already. Hopefully before the 16th, Our package would have arrived and I would have received my packet 3, then I can go ahead with the medicals.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by colgy05: 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
Please my people help me, I know my issue might have been discussed or someone might have asked similar question but have not been able to figure out and read. I have a friend in US, a citizen, we have been friends for some years. So recent we fell in love and we have decided to take a bold step for marriage, she's 4 years older than me.
I have began my international passport process it should be ready in a week time

My Questions are:
1. What is the best approach to get a visa to travel to meet her for marriage, do I stand a chance of being granted?
2. Do you advice or think she must come down to Nigeria and we get married in court first?
3. Can an invite from her grant me visa?

Please I need genuine answer and experiences from those who have been there lately. God bless
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please, did anyone pay their visa fees via the GTB online platform? Is it OK for me to make payment via this means?

TIA.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
disguy1:
Hi Guys,

Please, did anyone pay their visa fees via the GTB online platform? Is it OK for me to make payment via this means?

TIA.

Done! The online one was seamless.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.