Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (427687 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
disguy1:

Thanks Boss.
On a lighter not though, does madam know you're still claiming to be a "LegitBachelor"? grin grin grin
lol. I can't change this name that's the problem. If I could, I'd change it to LegitMarriedMan or LegitHusband or sth grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2019
LegitBachelor I don't think there's any need to request for any extension. If your medical report is done such that it is ready when your interview date is close, your visa will have a validity of over 5 months. So you can still remain in Nigeria till when the visa is almost expired after which you then travel to the States. When you enter the States, you'll have another 3 months of grace to get married. So, in effect, you have 5 + 3 months grace.

As regards booking appointment, you can wait till it says ready. Ideally you are supposed to wait until you get an email from the Embassy. If you wait, it means the interview date you'll likely get will spill into February or March. That's even more grace period for you. When is your petition expiring?

Yes bro, I and my fiancée thought about that and did our calculations, but waiting until I hear from the embassy or see “Ready” on CEAC website might lead to me getting February dates, which I don’t think will be good for me because our petition will expire on the 26th of January. I just have to find a date ASAP given the recent development I’m hearing here. I have paid the visa application fee today. Just waiting until tomorrow to see if I can find a date in January. What do you think?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hey guys, I’m trying to create my profile on ustraveldoc site but I got this pop up each time I submit my profile. Could I be doing something wrong? I am using my given name as my first name, while I put my surname on the space for last name. Is it me or the site please?

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by efozee(m): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
anjiee:

Don't have a solution for now but wud get back on this, soonest

I think you should call them to confirm.08099742000 or 08113975433. Kindly share if there is a recent development. Thank you.

Results are usually ready after 7 working days. (I.e excluding sat and sun). So you can pick up any day after day 7. Pickup time: 2pm - 4pm.

This holds, if the so called recent development is actually false, else, we expect they send the report to the embassy.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your effort.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
sharpman1:

My advice for new K1 visa applicants:

Once your case is approved and is forwarded to the NVC (you have your NVC number) and then it is sent to the embassy. As soon as it shows READY on the CEAC website please SCHEDULE your appointment. Don't wait for any packet 3 or packet whatever.
Of course, email the embassy and ask for your packet but schedule your interview while you wait. You can pick a date far off but still within the validity period to give the consulate time to get ready for you but don't wait for their email before you schedule. With the way interview dates are hard to come by, if you wait, probability of available dates being outside the validity period will be high. This is to avoid stories that touch.

@Sharpman, Pardon my ignorance, but why do i need to wait for it to show READY?
Cant i just go ahead and pay the visa fee and schedule an interview date? Even do the medicals all in advance since i have the case number. Am I missing something? BTW, my status currently shows in TRANSIT....
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
Guys,
Please how do I know when my petition expires?

Thanks in advance
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2019
disguy1 postGuys,

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Ask your fiancé to check the I-797 that was mailed to her address. The expiry date is written there
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
disguy1:

@Sharpman, Pardon my ignorance, but why do i need to wait for it to show READY?
Cant i just go ahead and pay the visa fee and schedule an interview date? Even do the medicals all in advance since i have the case number. Am I missing something? BTW, my status currently shows in TRANSIT....

Theoretically, you can schedule as soon as you have your case number but you don't want to schedule too early to avoid a situation whereby you have a date but the consulate is not ready to attend to you. There's been instances where applicants have been turned back from interviews because the embassy said they were not asked to schedule. The READY actually shows that the embassy has your case.....
The truth is....anything can cause a delay between transit to ready so you want to be certain the consulate has your case before scheduling the interview. You can fill your form and wait.....once you see ready....pay and schedule your interview date.

Also, it's better to do your medicals close to you interview date. The validity of your medicals can also impact the validity of the visa if granted. If for some reason there is some delay or the AP after the interview is over an extended period, when the visa is finally issued, the validity will be limited to the validity of the medical. There's really no advantage or benefit having the medical months before the interview.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
disguy1:
Guys,

Thanks in advance

The NOA 2 has the date the approval is valid for. You should get your fiance to email you a copy.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
dicsnemma:

Ask your fiancé to check the I-797 that was mailed to her address. The expiry date is written there

Ermm... She did not get any. Or maybe it hasn't reached her yet.

Thanks. Will tell her to watch out for it though.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
disguy1:

Ermm... She did not get any. Or maybe it hasn't reached her yet.

Thanks. Will tell her to watch out for it though.

She did not get any? How did you/she know the petition was approved?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
sharpman1:

The NOA 2 has the date the approval is valid for. You should get your fiance to email you a copy.

This is what she received via email and forwarded to me. I assume it's the NOA2. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
If it is, I don't see any validity period on it o.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
sharpman1:

She did not get any? How did you/she know the petition was approved?

I assumed he meant a physical package. That's what I was referring to. She hasn't received any physical mail yet.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
[quote author=disguy1 post

This is what she received via email and forwarded to me. I assume it's the NOA2. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We are referring to the mail she received that says your I-129f was approved before it was sent off to NVC. The validity period is stated there. Looks like our case were approved the same day at the NVC. Now I have a partner ☺️☺️
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
disguy1:

That's not the NOA2. The NOA2 is the notice of approval of the K1 petition from USCIS. This letter you posted is from NVC.

Usually you get the NOA2 before you even receive this letter. You need to have that Notice of Approval so make sure she has it and she sends a copy to you.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
dicsnemma:

We are referring to the mail she received that says your I-129f was approved before it was sent off to NVC. The validity period is stated there. Looks like our case were approved the same day at the NVC. Now I have a partner ☺️☺️

Noted.
Bro, I thought yours was approved last month.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
sharpman1:

That's not the NOA2. The NOA2 is the notice of approval of the K1 petition from USCIS. This letter you posted is from NVC.

Usually you get the NOA2 before you even receive this letter. You need to have that Notice of Approval so make sure she has it and she sends a copy to you.

Gotcha boss.
Means she never got it. She says she'll call and find out though.
Is that the only place i can find expiry of the petition? Cos i really need to know.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by dicsnemma: 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
disguy1 post

Noted.
Bro, I thought yours was approved last month.

Oh no, we got our approval this month, same date as yours.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 9:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
@legitbachelor @sharpman,@capello

Is it okay to take copies of the affidavit of support with me to the interview or only originals are accepted.the embassy sent packet 4 to us instead of 3 and it says there that scanned or photocopies are also acceptable and my fiancée is dwelling on that even tho I’m paranoid.am I good with copies as well?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by disguy1: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
dicsnemma:

Oh no, we got our approval this month, same date as yours.

OK. Cool. Someone to share the adventure with... grin grin
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sukey:
@legitbachelor @sharpman,@capello

Is it okay to take copies of the affidavit of support with me to the interview or only originals are accepted.the embassy sent packet 4 to us instead of 3 and it says there that scanned or photocopies are also acceptable and my fiancée is dwelling on that even tho I’m paranoid.am I good with copies as well?

Did your fiancee send u the original or scanned copy ? Go with what u have the important thing is what your fiancee filled on the forms
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Sukey: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
capello1:

Did your fiancee send u the original or scanned copy ? Go with what u have the important thing is what your fiancee filled on the forms

She sent scanned copies,and what do you mean by what she fills on the forms,is there a special way of filling the form.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 6:37am On Nov 16, 2019
Drenimarcus:
Mekusa10, you got your PP?
What's PP? I dey US like this oh cheesy The cold bad! Even with the china jacket I buy.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2019
anjiee:

It doesn't take long. Mine was within 48 hrs, the response was

As advised in our previous correspondence; during your interview, you should present documents/evidence to the Consular officer to show that you qualify and justify why the petition should be extended. In order to qualify for a K-1 visa, the beneficiary/applicant must convince the Consular officer that he or she has a bona fide spousal relationship with the petitioner. The decision to extend the validity of the petition will be at the discretion of the interviewing officer. However, if you are unprepared for this interview it is not likely the petition will be extended.

So after the interview, it was extended for four months starting from the date of interview.(i.e if interview date: Jan16th, then petition expiration: may 16th.

Just keep calm n prepare hard. We will join you in prayers. All the best.

@anjiee pls can you give me the email addy you sent it to once again is it @lagosiv? Cos i am yet to hear from them and its past 7days the automated response said they ll get back to me,wondering if you sent urs via the same addy above?thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2019
brownesugar:

@anjiee pls can you give me the email addy you sent it to once again is it @lagosiv? Cos i am yet to hear from them and its past 7days the automated response said they ll get back to me,wondering if you sent urs via the same addy above?thank you

We’ve not gotten ours too. And my petition expires today. I don’t even know what to do. I’ve left it in God’s hands mbok.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Sukey:

She sent scanned copies,and what do you mean by what she fills on the forms,is there a special way of filling the form.

I mean it the writing that matters
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by capello1: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
mekusa10:

What's PP? I dey US like this oh cheesy The cold bad! Even with the china jacket I buy.

Nice onw bro. Hmmmm, na hoodie I won wear, I will wear a winter jacket once I exit the airport

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2019
Glorioussugar:

We’ve not gotten ours too. And my petition expires today. I don’t even know what to dro. I’ve left it in God’s hands mbok.

@glorioussugar i havent heard from them too but would give them a warm reminder on monday,but i know all is well not worried about it ,as long as its isnt ones fault not getting a date before the expiration..most important thing is hve gotten a appt date and sure you have too?just get necessary documents as advised in prev pages of this thread,pray and prepare ahead for the interview.. the lord is our strength/mercy would speak for us...Amen

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Glorioussugar: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
brownesugar:

@glorioussugar i havent heard from them too but would give them a warm reminder on monday,but i know all is well not worried about it ,as long as its isnt ones fault not getting a date before the expiration..most important thing is hve gotten a appt date and sure you have too?just get necessary documents as advised in prev pages of this thread,pray and prepare ahead for the interview.. the lord is our strength/mercy would speak for us...Amen

Amen. I’ve gotten a date too and everything is ready. God will see us through . Amen

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by brownesugar: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
Glorioussugar:

Amen. I’ve gotten a date too and everything is ready. God will see us through . Amen

Amen!!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
mekusa10:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Passport. I tell you say the cold deh tear agbada, welcome bro, hope you bring plenty aboniki shaa? grin grin grin
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by nextlevel2222: 7:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
Pls guys they sent me to provide my birth certificate, they didn't collect from the one of local government. Which one can I provide since I was born in 198s.

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.