Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs (36588 Views)

Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead / Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos / Crisis Scare In Kaduna Metropolis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by thatigboman: 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
Quality20:
frustration from lack of work or jobs and good life is what's driving these southern Kaduna ppl kill Hausa Muslim youths whom they see living better life
this comment of yours is so unfortunate in view of what is happening in kaduna

1 Like

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by doskie(m): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
thatigboman:
in southern kaduna.
i have saved 2m. how much more do i need to leave nigeria?
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by thatigboman: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
doskie:
i have saved 2m. how much more do i need to leave nigeria?
me am in abuja, and am not going anywhere.
Southern Nigeria is relatively safe.
But if u truly want to leave (not advising such though), with 2M u are good to go
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Udofia13(m): 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
The problem with this country is lack of education, especially in the north, had it been the majority of the northerners are educated... Religjous Crisis won't be a thing to worry about...it always starts with the hausa Muslims(malos), this set of people believe killing is the way out....

1 Like

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Mizwisdom(f): 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2018
jedisco:
It's confirmed. There is chaos all over Kaduna.
It's linked to the killings which took place in Kasuwa Magani on a very busy market day (the market is a very busy village market not too far from the central town which has had similar issues but to a lesser scale in the recent past)

How could the Government and police try to cover the deaths. First, they reported no casualties, later only two then only yesterday
they reported 55. When I myself saw over 70 dead bodies which were deposited in one mortuary alone not to talk of other big hospitals in the state whose mortuaries had been filled up. Worse still, two more consignments of more bodies were still on the way to that center as other centers had stopped accepting bodies. That's aside how many more still in the bush and bodies which had been claimed.

How can well over 400 people be killed in a market on a market day not by guns but cutlasses and matchets in a move which was obviously preplanned and the security agencies couldn't act on intelligence to forestall it or nip it in the bud? Then the next day, a prominent traditional ruler is waylayed and kidnapped. The thing they could do is a declaration of a curfew after casualties were well into the hundreds
The annoying thing is that almost all the bodies were agile young men. Also all were mutilated and cut absurdly with matchets like they were animals. It was something I had never seen before in my life. A gory sight.

In all these, it was rumoured that the police stood bye and watched the killings which were obviously preplanned until the villagers gathered to protect themselves, that was when they stepped in. Then they now come to deny the deaths.
Left to me, the market should be closed for the time being.

The issue is that this started towards the evening. From experience of similar occurrences, no one can predict what would happen at night. That's when most killings take place. More so, Kaduna town has too many hot zones and it's difficult to bring calm once it has escalated. For now, the curfew has not been fully effected and people are still moving though carefully.
It's by tomorrow that the security agencies may really control the issue

Do you know how many security agents were mobilized for just seven polling boots in Osun state? blame Buhari, he's the Chief security officer of Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by deewhydoski(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
ninjasta:
advice keep of
bypass/ nnamdi azikwe express/ sabo area /tudunwada/ nassarawa/ kabala junction

or just find nearest police station just enter
Bro pls I dey travel to jos tomorrow from abuja....I hope the road I will pass is safe....I was told that they will pass one part of Kaduna when going to jos
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by otokx(m): 8:45pm On Oct 21, 2018
Youth corpers will be on the move this week, chai.
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2018
The Hausa/fulani and their extended slaves should know that the middlebeltan tribes whom they always refer to as idol worshippers have never been conquered and subjugated and never ever would be...!!

There can only be more bloodshed until the centre gives way..!!
If you know you know...what is happening currently and until tomorrow is a continuation of the war from way past...culture clash and the only thing is separation and clear cut boundaries but then again some would want to claim superiority as they are known land grabbers...!!

Well the good thing is despite the odds the youth are still holding on their territory...not an inch would be conquered that I can authoritatively say judging from past altercation with the brothers from the north...!!
Peace..!!!

7 Likes

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Heineken(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
BiafraIShere:
I don't know why I found this post hilarious grin grin

I became afraid the moment you mentioned Allahu Akbomb, that statement is synonymous with terrorism and terrorist attacks globally, but whenever I hear Jesus, I feel safe because that word is synonymous with peace and love globally!!
I'm yet to find an Islamic country that is at peace with itself and neighbors!!!

So much bloodshed associated with so called religion of peace. May God protect his children in that hostile region.
this your post doesn't make sense... Na person like you dey cause crisis.
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by realnas(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
deewhydoski:

Bro pls I dey travel to jos tomorrow from abuja....I hope the road I will pass is safe....I was told that they will pass one part of Kaduna when going to jos
you can pass through akwanga the road is safe even though you might spend a few extra hours travelling
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by rayornb(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
dingbang:
Chief of defence staff... What is happening, you should be fired.

Internal Security is for Police.
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by id4sho(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
deewhydoski:

i, advice you leave Abuja for Jos early. 6,7,8am
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by doskie(m): 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
thatigboman:
me am in abuja, and am not going anywhere.
Southern Nigeria is relatively safe.
But if u truly want to leave (not advising such though), with 2M u are good to go
bro from the look of things, Nigeria has no direction. if i manage to survive, what of our kids. south is safe but very difficult to survive. life is costly. Nigeria looks casted to me mehn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by dingbang(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
rayornb:

Internal Security is for Police.
police to me is incompetent in handling issues like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Cloud007: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
Its real. God helps

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by One2Atikulate10(m): 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
Benekruku:

You are dumb
Tell that to the dead, Almighty smart one
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Godson00001: 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
Pls wats d update guys I have a broda dat went to visit his friend at sabo. I have been callin bt he is nt pikin.... I pray God help us all
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by austinkenneth: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
God save us
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by jedisco(m): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Do you know how many security agents were mobilized for just seven polling boots in Osun state? blame Buhari, he's the Chief security officer of Nigeria

That's Nigeria for you. Human Life seems to have been cheapened in recent years.

4 Likes

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by jedisco(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
whytepawn1:

just so sad... saw this news on front page and had to call my parents in ungwan Sunday area in Kaduna... they told me of a man I know very well, who went to kasuwa magani on that faithful day and till date no one have heard from him, the dreaded truth is just that he might as well be a victim. his phone is switched off.
I wouldn't blame the people for any reprisal attack. the government should be more proactive, these senseless killings just have to stop.

After three days of the incident and no response, the bitter truth may be that he was a casualty.

It's not just the reprisals that worry me. It's the fact that for several years, the State seems like it's always waiting for the next riot. This has been going on for decades unending and no Government wants to bring lasting peace

1 Like

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Ogaga87(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Almunjid:

Na una type dey first denounce their faith. Lol

That your faith is like that of a basket does not make all faith equal... I pass you for now..

3 Likes

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by sayisayi(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=Hollamie007 post=72293104]

Corpers are like Military Men you don't just lay your hands on them[/quote

Like in the election few years ago abi!
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Rtopzy(f): 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
This Kaduna crisis no be here o! Thank God I was able to get back home safely.

2 Likes

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Aseneshii: 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
Dont follow Goni if you are a muslim , that road is deadlier than jos road for any muslim
Mexyz:
Nawao, there's no way you will not reach Abuja junction when coming from Abuja, except you want to enter Gonin gora, which is a Christian dominated community.

1 Like

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by observanc1: 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
Rtopzy:
This Kaduna crisis no be here o! Thank God I was able to get back home safely.
stay safe pls

1 Like

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Aseneshii: 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
No Government will be able to solve that problem without the support of the people. For now non of the two sides are ready for peace, both are scheming on how to cause maximum damage on the next fight. Kaduna is not an easy place to govern.
jedisco:

After three days of the incident and no response, the bitter truth may be that he was a casualty.

It's not just the reprisals that worry me. It's the fact that for several years, the State seems like it's always waiting for the next riot. This has been going on for decades unending and no Government wants to bring lasting peace
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by observanc1: 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2018
Mizwisdom:

wicked govt. Mobilised all s security agencies to rig APC into power. Imagine a man that lost atatewide, win with only 7 polling stations

1 Like

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Rtopzy(f): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
observanc1:
stay safe pls
I shall, thanks dear
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Rtopzy(f): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
observanc1:
stay safe pls
I shall, thanks dear
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Rtopzy(f): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
Godson00001:
Pls wats d update guys I have a broda dat went to visit his friend at sabo. I have been callin bt he is nt pikin.... I pray God help us all
Sabo has been in serious chaos....... I pray he returns safely

1 Like

Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Chatflick(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
Any news in gonin gora?
Re: 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs by Susu888(m): 12:14am On Oct 22, 2018
Bethor:
The Hausa/fulani and their extended slaves should know that the middlebeltan tribes whom they always refer to as idol worshippers have never been conquered and subjugated and never ever would be...!!

There can only be more bloodshed until the centre gives way..!!
If you know you know...what is happening currently and until tomorrow is a continuation of the war from way past...culture clash and the only thing is separation and clear cut boundaries but then again some would want to claim superiority as they are known land grabbers...!!

Well the good thing is despite the odds the youth are still holding on their territory...not an inch would be conquered that I can authoritatively say judging from past altercation with the brothers from the north...!!
Peace..!!!

Stop being ignorant nd act like a matured person! Evrything has its limits nd threatening war is not a solution. The christians nd non muslims will suffer the consequences of reprisals cuz muslims r majorities in the north. Its not something anyone wants. Lets all condemn this barbarism! Enough of this childish who will win stupidity.... these r peoples lives being lost wether muslim or christian, its wrong nd shouldn’t be seen as a competition for who is stronger. The state nd federal governments should intervene before the reprisals begin or jos will join the chain reaction nd the whole middle belt will sink in(Allah ya kiyaye)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rushing To Abuja Cannot Save Oyetola - PDP Mocks Tinubu / President Buhari Meets With President Joe Biden At The White House (Photos) / Chimaroke Nnamani Declares Support For Kelvin Chukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.