Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun (1008 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics / Don’t Drag NNPC To Politics Under Freedom Of Information Law, Kyari Warns / Don’t Drag Us Into Politics, NNPC Warns Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by Johnnyessence(m): 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
The Dapo Abiodun Campaign Organisation(DACO) on Sunday advised Governor Ibikunle Amosun not to drag the revered traditional rulers in Ogun State into the 2019 politics of succession in the state, lest he desecrates their roles of fostering “unity” and “peace.”
In a statement signed by Emmanuel Ojo, DACO’s Media Director, it alleged that Governor Amosun had “hoodwinked” the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, and the Olu of Ilaro, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle, into following him to Abuja to prevail on President Muhammadu Buhari not to accept Prince Dapo Abiodun, the All Progressives(APC) Governorship candidate for 2019 election on Ogun state.
DACO claimed that the latest move being singlehandedly pursued by the governor is ” heavily laden with ulterior and selfish motive” which it said should be condemned by well – meaning people of Ogun State and abroad because of its potential to erode the place of traditional institution as symbols of unity and peace.
It also urged President Buhari to reject any moves by Amosun to make him go against the lawful and legitimate position of the APC on Abiodun as the authentic governorship candidate of the party for the 2019 polls.
“Our attention has been drawn to the latest political antics borne out of Governor Ibikunle Amosun’s relentless desperate move to upturn the overriding wish of all Ogun APC party members, who unanimously voted for Prince Dapo Abiodun as their gubernatorial candidate.
“Governor Amosun has concluded plans to commission two highly revered Paramount Rulers from Ogun State to go and plead with President Buhari not to accept the candidature of Prince Dapo Abiodun, who is the validly elected candidate of the party.
“Information has it that the Alake of Egbaland, HRM Oba M. A. Gbadebo and Olu of Ilaro, HRM Oba Kehinde Gbadewole Adeboye Olugbenle may have been successfully hoodwinked and placed on standby for this task.
“We have been reliably informed that the traditional Rulers who are presently in Lagos, in preparatory to leave for Abuja any moment from now, have been fed with all manners of unsubstantiated lies and falsehood by the governor.
“Having failed with so many attempts geared towards legalizing illegality, including a botched attempt to get an ex parte order at the Federal High Court Abeokuta on Friday 19th October, it is quite unfortunate that Governor Amosun is using his position of authority to unduly influence and mobilize respected traditional leaders for such hatched job.
“This act is capable of desecrating the symbol of peace and unity which our traditional leaders stands for and must be widely condemned by concerned citizens of Ogun State at home and abroad.
“Our traditional leaders should not be dragged into this kind of murky politics which is heavily laden with ulterior and selfish motive being singlehandedly pursued by Governor Amosun, who is frantically and desperately looking for every possible means to upturn the final decision of party members in the state, and duly ratified by the NWC of our great party.
“We all know that our dear president is a peace loving man whose integrity cannot be compromised. He will not upturn the mandate that had been freely given to Prince Dapo Abiodun by all members of Ogun APC, in a bid to satisfy the personal interest of Governor Amosun.
“The general public is hereby put on notice, as we call on well-meaning citizens of Ogun State to kindly find out the real reason behind Mr Governor’s desperate moves to install Hon Akinlade at all cost
It appears there is more to this than meet the eyes,” Ojo stated
In a statement by the Aare Baaroyin of Egbaland, Chief Layi Labode, titled “Alake Speaks on alleged trip to Abuja to intercede in Ogun State APC governorship ticket,” he said the Palace is aware of the interest the media and the public have shown in the matter but added that the Alake would speak on it tomorrow (Monday).
Labode stated: “We have been following, with keen interest and responsibility, the news making round in the media, that the Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, His Majesty, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, CFR and the Olu of Ilaro, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle, had gone to Abuja to intercede in ongoing disagreement between Senator Ibikunle Amosun and APC National leadership, on the Ogun State APC Governorship ticket dispute, with President Muhammadu Buhari and APC leadership.
“We are very much aware of the interest of the Media and the public in such circumstance.
“We wish to assure the media and the public that, His Majesty, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, would speak to the Media on the issue tomorrow, Monday, 22 October, 2018 on the sideline of the swearing-in of the New Chief Judge of Ogun State, coming up at the Oba Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta.” http://thenationonlineng.net/ogun-2019-dont-drag-obas-into-politics-abioduns-group-tells-amosun/

Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by Johnnyessence(m): 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
Amosun is gradually losing the battle.

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by waleadex(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
Why is Amosun so desperate to have his loyalist replace him? Indeed, we have lost it in this country.
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by Gozzzy(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
Amosun the useless governor of Abeokuta who brought untold hardship to Ogun state. His days are numbered.... that's why he's clinging onto straws to salvage his already dead and gone political career...
currently, no South Western governor deserve to be spared by an angry mad thunder!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by dyydxx: 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2018
Amosun is too desperate. Dapo's name has already been submitted to INEC he should let this matter rest. He will be disgraced eventually and ruin himself if he continues on this part
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by LibertyRep: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
Who would have ever thought that Amosun could be this restless.

I can't remember how many times he had met with the president since the disputed primary election.

No man should play God. His travails should be a lesson to other politicians who may want to see themselves as emperors.

The Royal fathers are mostly at the beck and call of the governors. No one should be surprised.

Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
waleadex:
Why is Amosun so desperate to have his loyalist replace him? Indeed, we have lost it in this country.
To continue to loot through the backdoor and cover his tracks.
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by humberjade: 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
I just laugh when this Abiodun claim he won a certain guber primary in Ogun...let me just continue watching with my malt and pop corn...time will tell sha... grin
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by Abolajihowells2: 11:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
humberjade:
I just laugh when this Abiodun claim he won a certain guber primary in Ogun...let me just continue watching with my malt and pop corn...time will tell sha... grin
Dapo abiodun dat did not win in is local government so you re expecting them to impose him on the party members...Amosun is just fighting for the yewa ppl not for is personal interest cos yewa might not have the chance to govern ogun state again.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by dyydxx: 4:01am On Oct 22, 2018
Abolajihowells2:

Dapo abiodun dat did not win in is local government so you re expecting them to impose him on the party members...Amosun is just fighting for the yewa ppl not for is personal interest cos yewa might not have the chance to govern ogun state again.

Rubbish!...........hypocrite of the highest order..why didn't he fight for Yewa when he defeated Tunji Olurin and GNI back in 2011? he should go and sit down. Even Yayi sef did he support him? This is not the way to go about if for Yewa. If anybody will ever emerge from Yewa it is not like the way Amosun is doing it.

From OGD

“The problem of the Ogun West people is in their hands

“Ogun East (Remo and Ijebu) is homogeneous in nature, likewise the Ogun Central. They speak the same language. But the same is not applicable in Ogun West district where we have sub ethnic groups like the Awori, Ketu, Egun, Ohori, Yewa, Eyo, Anago and others.

“Whether we like it or not, the Ogun West people are the minority.

For instance, Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area which falls within the purview of the Awori has the largest population, including the voting patterns, than the four other local government areas. And in Ogun West senatorial district, they have five only local government areas.

“Even in Ogun West, Imeko is not considered a full-fledged Yewa town-that it is a minority.

“I could recall when I wanted Prince Gboyega Isiaka to succeed me in office in 2011. Isiaka is from Imeko.

“When I was trying to sell Isiaka to the people of Ogun West, they once asked me ‘how can they now go to Imeko to pick a governorship candidate, without going to Ilaro, which is the administrative headquarters of Ogun West’?

“You need to know where you are and where you are going.

“Go and pray, if God says it would happen in Ogun West, then so be it. There is a popular saying that once an opportunity is lost, it can never be regained, but they can still regain it, if they can work hard and with a lot of prayers,” Daniel stated.
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by humberjade: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2018
Abolajihowells2:

We are saying the same thing...though it is obvious Amosun can no longer leave d party...i see him deploying d 'sidon look' attitude during Abiodun's electioneering campaign...work for Buhari, himself and his cronies in d National Assembly elections which comes 1st and then strike a deal with GNI to present a Yewa man.

Another avenue is d court...because how can some people sit in Osoba's sitting room to cook results and be bragging about its authenticity with bold faces...its annoying and pathetic...but with d corrupt judges we have in Nigeria these days, it will take d grace of God to win d case.

As for Buhari, d same "i don't want to interfere in d affairs of d National Assembly" that derailed his government by producing d likes of Saraki is what is repeating itself...imagine a sitting President saying he doesn't want to interfere in d party's decisions while people are bn cheated...i rest my case.
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by onatisi(m): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2018
Abolajihowells2:

Dapo abiodun dat did not win in is local government so you re expecting them to impose him on the party members...[b]Amosun is just fighting for the yewa ppl not for is personal interest [/b]cos yewa might not have the chance to govern ogun state again.
loz , the bolded got me cracking
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by onatisi(m): 10:30am On Oct 22, 2018
Abolajihowells2:

Dapo abiodun dat did not win in is local government so you re expecting them to impose him on the party members... Amosun is just fighting for the yewa ppl not for is personal interest cos yewa might not have the chance to govern ogun state again.
loz , the bolded got me cracking
Re: Ogun 2019: Don’t Drag Obas Into Politics – Abiodun’s Group Tells Amosun by ntyce(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
humberjade:

Did Akinlade win any primary election?

(1) (Reply)

Elrufa’i Tampering With Evidence, Digs Another Mass Grave At Mando Site / Construction Of $134m Ibadan Dry Port Set To Commence / 190 Policemen Mobilised For Boko Haram ‘without Training’ Escape From Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.