Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? (3802 Views)

"GOAT" People Have No Place In The Kingdom Of God - Evangelist Mike Bamiloye / Man Attempts To Kill Prophet TB Joshua With Charms In Church - Joshua Ministries / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
One of the most fundamental rights humans accord themselves is "Right to life "

But what are the extents of this right? Should this right to life be extended to the "right to kill yourself"?

If not, why?

If yes, why?

Should people be allowed to decide to die?

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
WHAT IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR SUICIDE? DO YOU JAIL A DEAD BODY? OR MAKE IT APPEAR IN COURT TO PLEAD GUILTY OR NOT?

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO KILL THEMSELVES, IF YOU ASK ME. THEY'LL STILL KILL THEMSELVES ANYWAY AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO A DEAD MAN OTHER THAN BURY OR CREMATE HIS BODY.

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by hungryboy(m): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2018
johnydon22:
One of the most fundamental rights humans accord themselves is "Right to life "

But what are the extents of this right? Should this right to life be extended to the "right to kill yourself"?

If not, why?

If yes, why?

Should people be allowed to decide to die?
Yes

The right to kill yourself should be enshrined in every Country's constitution, afterall, none of us got to choose to be born or not, at least, let's choose how our life ends.

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by hahn(m): 9:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
Yes.

If you feel the world is not for you then you can self exit and stop occupying space that can be used for something of more benefit to the world.

The right to persuade people to kill themselves should be legal. Some people just don't know they are a waste smiley

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by tartar9(m): 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2018
No! It's not your life,it's God's
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by frank317: 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
People already have right to kill themselves.

Suicide only affects the loved once of victims. People who kill themselves just die and go. Their loved ones will stop them do so because of their live doe the person and the loss they will feel.

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
frank317:
People already have right to kill themselves.

Suicide only affects the loved once of victims. People who kill themselves just die and go. Their loved ones will stop them do so because of their live doe the person and the loss they will feel.

No they don't. Suicide is a crime in Nigeria
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
WHAT IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR SUICIDE? DO YOU JAIL A DEAD BODY? OR MAKE IT APPEAR IN COURT TO PLEAD GUILTY OR NOT?

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO KILL THEMSELVES, IF YOU ASK ME. THEY'LL STILL KILL THEMSELVES ANYWAY AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO A DEAD MAN OTHER THAN BURY OR CREMATE HIS BODY.

You can be prosecuted and jailed if you fail
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
hungryboy:
Yes

The right to kill yourself should be enshrined in every Country's constitution, afterall, none of us got to choose to be born or not, at least, let's choose how our life ends.

But the life we live is not fully our own, there are several constraints here and there
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
johnydon22:

You can be prosecuted and jailed if you fail

GOOD REASON TO TRY VERY HARD NOT TO FAIL. smiley

tartar9:
No!
It's not your life,it's God's

I'VE OBSERVED THAT ONCE GOD IS MENTIONED IN ANY DISCUSSION NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE.
LOOK, WE UNDERSTAND THAT GOD IS USUALLY THE EXCUSE FOR THE REGULAR CHRISTIAN'S MENTAL INABILITY TO ENGAGE IN RATIONAL DISCUSS SO WHY DON'T YOU JUST WATCH AND LEARN FROM THE STANDS, OR WALK AWAY ENTIRELY? undecided

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by vaxx: 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
Similar question was asked by an athiest...

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

GOOD REASON TO TRY VERY HARD NOT TO FAIL. smiley
the OP questions if this should be a right so it won't have to be prosecuted

I'VE OBSERVED THAT ONCE GOD IS MENTIONED IN ANY DISCUSSION NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE.
LOOK, WE UNDERSTAND THAT GOD IS USUALLY THE EXCUSE FOR THE REGULAR CHRISTIAN'S MENTAL INABILITY TO ENGAGE IN RATIONAL DISCUSS SO WHY DON'T YOU JUST WATCH AND LEARN FROM THE STANDS, OR WALK AWAY ENTIRELY? undecided

Tartar9 is a Muslim and every basis for an argumentative point is valid for discussion
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
vaxx:
Similar question was asked by an athiest...
I have addressed the question of human moral basis
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by vaxx: 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
johnydon22:
I have addressed the question of human moral basis
Direct me there?
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by Gloriawinning: 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
No, because Bible said in this life you will experience trials and tribulations but be of good cheer i have overcome the world!!
As a strong Christian who is growing deeper daily I'm at a point where I am so steadfast in my faith that I hardly get discouraged, all my trials sometimes make me smile cos
Holy Spirit would already walk me through how I will overcome.
Praying for anyone in a bad situation right now, Jesus is the answer.
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by frank317: 7:12am On Oct 22, 2018
johnydon22:

Lol... How na. So if I try killing my self and didn't succeed I will be locked up in kirikiri? I don't know but that sounds funny sha

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by hahn(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2018
frank317:

Lol... How na. So if I try killing my self and didn't succeed I will be locked up in kirikiri? I don't know but that sounds funny sha

A lot o things don't make sense in this country and that is only one of them

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2018
frank317:

Yeap.
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2018
hahn:

A lot o things don't make sense in this country and that is only one of them

It's a crime in many countries
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by johnydon22(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2018
Gloriawinning:
No, because Bible said in this life you will experience trials and tribulations but be of good cheer i have overcome the world!!
As a strong Christian who is growing deeper daily I'm at a point where I am so steadfast in my faith that I hardly get discouraged, all my trials sometimes make me smile cos
Holy Spirit would already walk me through how I will overcome.
Praying for anyone in a bad situation right now, Jesus is the answer.

You are answering whether people should kill themselves or not. My question was whether they should have the right to if they want to

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by hahn(m): 9:49am On Oct 22, 2018
johnydon22:

It's a crime in many countries

But we are talking about Nigeria undecided
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2018
johnydon22:
the OP questions if this should be a right so it won't have to be prosecuted

I BELIEVE IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ALLOW PEOPLE CHOOSE THEY DON'T WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE.. BECAUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE THEY NEVER ASKED TO BE BORN SO IT SHOULD BE POSSIBLE TO LEAVE WHENEVER ONE IS FED UP WITH LIVING.
SUICIDE SHOULD BE A FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT.

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by urahara(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2018
I don't think people should have the right to kill themselves , as doing so will be encouraging it .As of the govt is giving it a go ahead
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by hahn(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2018
urahara:
I don't think people should have the right to kill themselves , as doing so will be encouraging it .As of the govt is giving it a go ahead

Exactly! cheesy grin
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by JeromeBlack: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2018
johnydon22:

Abeg, have they arrested anyone for suicide? Dead body dey prison?

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2018
urahara:

THE ONLY THING DISCOURAGING SUICIDE IS FEAR. FEAR OF DYING AND ENDING UP IN A BOX, FEAR OF WHAT THE AFTERLIFE MAY LOOK LIKE, FEAR OF HOW FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES WILL COPE, AND SO ON.

WEED IS ILLEGAL BUT PEOPLE STILL SMOKE AND THOSE THAT DON'T SMOKE DON'T DO IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT THEIR THING, AND NOT BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL. SO WHEN IT'S MADE LEGAL IT WILL BE THE USUAL CUSTOMERS COMING OUT OF THEIR HOLES.

SO THE LEGALIZATION OF SUICIDE WILL NOT MAKE A MAN WHO INITIALLY DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE HIS LIFE TO CHANGE HIS PLANS AND CONSIDER SUICIDE. I DON'T THINK IT'LL WORK LIKE THAT.

BESIDES IN THIS COUNTRY NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE KNOW THAT SUICIDE IS A CRIME. A SILLY POLICY IT IS, IN FACT, IF THE GOVERNMENT AREN'T LOCKING UP DEAD BODIES IN PRISONS. .

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by hahn(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Abeg, have they arrested anyone for suicide? Dead body dey prison?

They arrest for "attempted" suicide because kirikiri is the right place for someone who just tried to kill him/herself cheesy grin
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by frank317: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2018
johnydon22:

Yeap.

I hope u are not equating this to suicide bombers... never seen anyone arrested for attempting suicide. A lot have been rescued from drowning in Lagos Lagoon, none have been arrested and charged for any crime

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by JeromeBlack: 10:30am On Oct 22, 2018
hahn:

They arrest for "attempted" suicide because kirikiri is the right place for someone who just tried to kill him/herself cheesy grin

Lol. The only thing to do about suicide is to have a suicide helpline with phsychiatrists and orderlies on call who can stop people from committing suicide.

There are people who have come out from suicidal depression. They need people who are supportive and caring.

But one cannot save them all. There are suicidal people that should even be shot on sight. Imagine a person claiming that he wants to commit suicide because he gambled his family's money on naijabet. The night carried his wife's money and their savings to go and gamble. He even borrowed money to gamble.

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by malvisguy212: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2018
johnydon22:

is suicide good or bad ?
I see, one of your atheist friend already accepted it as good.
Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by hahn(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Lol. The only thing to do about suicide is to have a suicide helpline with phsychiatrists and orderlies on call who can stop people from committing suicide.

There are people who have come out from suicidal depression. They need people who are supportive and caring.

But one cannot save them all. There are suicidal people that should even be shot on sight. Imagine a person claiming that he wants to commit suicide because he gambled his family's money on naijabet. The night carried his wife's money and their savings to go and gamble. He even borrowed money to gamble.

That is why I support suicide and think it should be encouraged. Just imagine meeting someone on the bridge and he tells you he wants to jump over for one of the reasons you mentioned. Na to encourage am. One will be like "move and jump at that place because there are more rocks" grin

Re: Should People Have The Right To Kill Themselves? by malvisguy212: 10:56am On Oct 22, 2018
hahn:
Yes.

If you feel the world is not for you then you can self exit and stop occupying space that can be used for something of more benefit to the world.

The right to persuade people to kill themselves should be legal. Some people just don't know they are a waste smiley
I have Read many biography of superstar and how hard live is for them as a little kid even as a young adults..... I guess, they should've just ended there live long time ago. hey!!! victor moses should've just ended his live after the death of his parents, but alas, he grew in FAITH and Become successful in football.

Witchcraft In The Church / Jehovahs Witnesses Predict World End At 2014? / Grateful

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51