Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,476 members, 7,770,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:28 AM

Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word (4167 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know How To Grind Pepper With Grinding Stone... / Man Tells Court How Wife Battered His Manhood, Poured Pepper On It / I Get S*xual Feelings Whenever My Son Sucks By Br*ast ––mother Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2010
Does this not have the same racist meaning?
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Selena586: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2010
can you translate i dont know what it means wink
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by bigfather(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
Selena586:

can you translate i dont know what it means wink

Abi o !
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2010
Could somebody of Nigerian origin do the honor?
It seems to me, i might not be best qualified.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2010
^^^ I guess you're asking if the term "Oyinbo "Pepper" has the same racist meaning as the word "N!gger"? If that's your question, then the answer's no. "Oyinbo Pepper" referred more to light-complexioned black people.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by LadyDee1(f): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2010
oyinbo pepper if e eat pepper you go yellow more more grin

Yep for light skinned nigerians, wink
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
If i recall my first visted to Nigerian right there were a special song for the westerns if they went to a bear paller or ristorante and pepper soupe where ordered.

And i heard stories where children in Nigerian running behind westerns and sing this specail song, too.

My sister in law is very light and complecor in her colour nobody never sang this song for her.

And when i went to a market in Lagos with my other sister in law a woman came to her and said something like 'thank you for bringing the omo oyebo the children of the whiteone home to Nigeria.'

No one say 'Thank you to my sister in law for bringing her children home from the UK or to my other sister thank you for bringing them for the USA'
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
WhiteOne:

If i recall my first visted to Nigerian right there were a special song for the westerns if they went to a bear paller or ristorante and pepper soupe where ordered.
And i heard stories if children in Nigerian running behind westerns and sing this specail song, too.
My sister in law is very light and complecor in her colour nobody never sang this song for her.

If you don't mid me asking, where are you from?

I'm only asking, because your English is a bit difficult to decipher. undecided
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
Germany
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 16, 2010
WhiteOne:

Germany

Wow, that's good then.

Your English is certainly 100 times better than my zero comprehension of German. smiley
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by nguage(m): 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2010
It doesn't.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by honeric01(m): 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2010
I got confused with your english, but then now i understand.

No, oyinbo pepper is for white skinned Nigerians, especially the abinos
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by mutter(f): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2010
white one why do you give yourself that nick When you have problems with it. I can as well say you are being racist by using that nick here. Trying to show "ich bin was besseres- nicht wahr" I`m something better.

You know what is amazing- most white are so racist it never occurred to them that blacks are racist too. So you finally came closer by having a black husband or bf and guess what - you found out that blacks do have their pride.
Why should one not say thanks for bringing the kids home. They know it is not easy to go to another country with your children. That is not bad but shows respect and appreciation.
Learn our way of life grin
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 8:41am On Jul 17, 2010
WhiteOne is my nick name bec. i like to take the mickey out of this all.
And we where three ladies caming to Lagos. My sister in law from London, my sister in law from USA and me, all your children where brought up together. I did not hear any one saying 'Thank you' at the market to them. The tickets from the USA where more expensive.

Oh, perhaps someboby might have say take you for teach the whiteone the nigerian costums and teacher her a bit of yoruba.

If we are all the same why we still see coloure and please do not missunderstand me wrong now there was a big hapy around the current US president regarding this mattter.

When we are truly free?
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by iice(f): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
It just means white person.
As for kids saying it behind the back. . .it's because they are shy or not disrespectful. . .unlike some people who like to get all up in the face and be like 'N*gga' ish.

Is your sister in law white? Have you asked her about her own experience? Does she seem 'more' nigerian than you are?

What free are you dreaming about?
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2010
My sister in law here in london is a real yoruba big mama from Ogun State.

My other sister in law is a yoruba/ us american.

And i am a white german.

Our children where born in the USA or England.

Which free I am dreaming about?

Everbody is coloure blind. The kind of free Martin Luther King speaks about in 'i have a dream!'

And the kind of free Jesus Christ speaks about when he said ' blessed are the peace maker ect.

Are we not all created in the image of god our father? And did not Jesus set us all free or at least gave us some wunderfull teachings?
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Selena586: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2010
Oh, that is very sad whiteone.
But I think this will happen in every country when you come as a foreigner.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by iice(f): 10:56am On Jul 18, 2010
WhiteOne:

My sister in law here in london is a real yoruba big mama from Ogun State.

My other sister in law is a yoruba/ us american.

And i am a white german.

Our children where born in the USA or England.

Which free I am dreaming about?

Everbody is coloure blind. The kind of free Martin Luther King speaks about in 'i have a dream!'

And the kind of free Jesus Christ speaks about when he said ' blessed are the peace maker ect.

Are we not all created in the image of god our father? And did not Jesus set us all free or at least gave us some wunderfull teachings?

Your sisters in law are not white. Oyinbo pepper means white person. What do you germans call black people? Or do you go around breaking into english to translate 'black' anytime? Since your children were born and raised abroad, you can understand what the woman meant about you taking the kids home. If you haven't learnt from your husband, you will learn from this site, that culture and heritage is important to us.
There is a difference between dreams/visions and reality.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2010
Iice - What is about may niece and nevus.

They where rased in the UK and USA, therefore abroad, too.

What is the reality for mixed rase children?

Everboby make a fus out of them.

Are they something special?
Are they something outstanding now are days?

Learning from my husband, his sisters, his brothers, his uncles ect to which point?

If you married a Nigerian you marry the hole family!?
And in Africa it is not only the parterns, which train/rase a child it is the hole village ?!

In Africa the hole family support each other and a african should not forget the people back home, his/hers sister and brothers need to go to school, mama und baba might need a new house or help to repair there one. Sister might have a baby or Brother is getting married.

And one explained the you get yellow yellow more bit to me.

Yes, we call black people 'schwarz'

Everboby here know what Oyinbo pepper stands for and what does it means and why chrildren are singing it and some adults use this name and 'make there mouth', but no one have the guts to admit Africa/Nigeria is well equipped in name calling, too. ect
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by iice(f): 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2010
Your niece and nephew have nigerian parents. It's understandable that culture is taught to them being as their parents are nigerian. Logical conclusion. Mixed kids are not always made a fuss about. But yes it happens around the world for different reasons.
You seem to understand our culture but refuse to understand it. Just because it doesn't sit well with you doesn't make it wrong. You weren't born there, you didn't grow up there and it seems very alien to you because of where and how you grew up. Logical conclusion.
Yellow yellow means because you are light skinned, you can see the effect of pepper on your skin, when you go red.
People always make mouth, whether it's because you are white, a woman, rich, speak different language, married a nigerian man, traveled around, studied who knows where, able to do this and that. . .my point is, people will discriminate you because of different things, but because you are comfortable with the 'skin color' choice, you chose to believe that it's only your skin color people will make mouth about.

Lol no guts to name Nigeria? You really don't know us. When we crucify our people over slight and major issues. And our words cut to the bone. . .not something like oyinbo.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
The effect pepper had on me was none.
I did not turn yellow when I ate it.

When my stepfather cooked stew and people from my shool, where around everboby went 'crazy' for fufu and stew and it was specy. On my 'sweet six teen' we had a big party and Germanys from my school dance to ju ju misic and this song back in the 90 tys 'Nigeria is my fatherland, nigeria is my county, oh' Some guy went home and changed there jackets, they where bomber jakets in Green and on of those guy lerned to make fu fu some days later by himself. Therefore pepper had a good effect cool

And 'yes,oh' i know how Nigerian can make mouth, if they are not pleased with something or someboby. The senior onces specially! Have see it! Have heard it and had it on my phone bill!

However my mothers neighbors in German or my mother brother or my oma (grand ma) would never say 'thank you' to my husband for bringen our children to Germany, this is simply something what they would expected of him and me. They can say thing s like 'good to see you again', 'how was your journey' and 'we hope to see you again' and no one would this at the market or at the 'butchers'.

Your niece and nephew have nigerian parents. It's understandable that culture is taught to them being as their parents are nigerian. Logical conclusion. Mixed kids are not always made a fuss about. But yes it happens around the world for different reasons.

Why is was taught of them or expected and not of me? or my partner? Is he not an Nigerian, too? Or am i the first white woman in Nigeria, who send her kids 'back home'? It is so often assumed 'mixed rase' children are lost and it was not worth fighting for them or put them in 'consideration'.

My husband was seen as my husband and as the father of my children, not more not less.

It was only unrespect strangers how asked him a big bunch of strange questions about 'Africa' aka 'do you have more multi-story buildings there ect. My husband reply where 'no we do not, we still live on threes and the German ambassador is living on the biggest of all the threes and he has his visa not on a passport it where on a leaf. And when ask if he speaks english he said no only yoruba and German. People soon stop to ask him things like this.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Damysa(f): 9:52am On Jul 19, 2010
@whiteone people calling u yellow yellow/Oyinbo pepper is not so discriminating neither is it an insult of a kind.

I have never travelled out of Nigeria but people still call me Oyinbo pepper just cos am a light in complexion

Nigerians generally refer to fair ladies as SISI, YELLOW, OYINBO PEPPER. To us here there is nothing bad attached to it.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
Ok. I will call my big mummy here in London Oyebo bec. she is very light in complexion. wink

Better than i take the omorogo with me, i surely will get pepper from her! And perhaps i have to raise my hand in the corner and think about what i have done wrong. embarassed

P.S. I am sure she will make mouth and call me disrespectful girl ect. shocked
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by iice(f): 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
The woman no gree hear.  What she's going in a round about way is to say Nigerians are racists.  
Not that it's not true but it's not as bad as some other places.  Whites get more leeway in Nigeria than blacks in other places.

I see a hint of racism in the posts. . .
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2010
I was just joking cool

If i do this everyboby might just laugh.

Only she might not feel to happy about it.

People make jokes about Nigerian ladies which use to much cream as well to get lighter.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by boy1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^u talk too much. . .Damysa have said it all. . oyinbo pepper is not derogatory. .end of topic.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
I d talk to much shocked !!!!
LOL and of topic cheesy
No worries
Thanks to everyboby for participating.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Selena586: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2010
To say that nigerian are not racists is quite funny.
I read a lot now in this forum and I am very surprised about the racism against white, asians, latinos and even other african people,

I remember some nigerian man who treat me like I am not a human because of the way I look and where I come from. They even try to tell my man to search another woman because women like me can´t be goog for him.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by boy1(m): 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^what's ur point?
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by boy1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2010
Selena586:

To say that nigerian are not racists is quite funny.
I read a lot now in this forum and I am very surprised about the racism against white, asians, latinos and even other african people,

I remember some nigerian man who treat me like I am not a human because of the way I look and where I come from. They even try to tell my man to search another woman because women like me can´t be goog for him.
What do u look like?
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by Selena586: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2010
I look like a human beeing.
You know two arms, two eyes, two legs and one head.
Re: Oyebo Pepper Get S Yellow Yellow More More. And The Other N Word by WhiteOne(f): 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2010
We went to Nigeria House in London today and the treatment were marvelous.
Than we went to a shop to buy a new cell phone and good service there, too.

Personally I believe the way you present yourself to other and the way your carry youself in public, have a lot to do with how people treat you.

There are misconceptions on boths sites.

It seems to depend on the level of education and the level of personal live experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mom Snaps Photo Of Baby Eating Sand, 8 Years Later, His Fame Saves Dad! / Help..i Feel My Husband Doesn't Love Me Anymore / How Could You Live With A Nagging Wife Or Troublesome Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.